Recovery Supplements

biggjohn

Banned
Awards
Any recommendations on a good recovery supplement? Seems like there has been alot of new stuff put out there in the last 6 months.

vafla

Awards
Any recommendations on a good recovery supplement? Seems like there has been alot of new stuff put out there in the last 6 months.
Recovery of muscuskeletal tissue or CNS? two totally different things

the first is easier:
good post workout shake
BCAA and Taurine in aforementioned shake
Sodium and potassium in aforementioned shake
HMB
Anti Oxidants like C, E , ALA and NAC

biggjohn

Banned
Awards
I do get a protein shake of about 35g WPI and 50g of ground oats within 5-10 minutes after working out. Wouldn't this have a suffient BCAA content? I have tried r-ALA with my PWO shake for about two months but I really didn't notice any effect. I take a gram of vitamin C preworkout to blunt cortisol but have not tried it post. Did you find Taurine helpfull?

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
In my opinion, if you are bulking then you don't really require BCAA supplementation. However, if you are dieting then you definitely need them.

This, of course, all depends on how intense and strenous your training is.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Creatine and protein, the only **** that actually does anything... Oh yeah, fish oil is pretty slick stuff too.

Don't waste your money on anything besides those things and a multivit. And maybe some vitamin C.