Alphamine has done nothing for me

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
Its my 12th day on alphamine and i haven't lost a single pound. Started at 220lbs and Im still 220 lbs.

I've been working out 6 days a week. Doing single body part splits. Mon-chest...tuesday-shoulders/traps.....wed-back....thurs-bi/tri...Friday-legs. then start over after 1days rest.

Sets are always warmups, then heavy weight for 8-10 finishing off with high volume isolations and supersets.

Cardio-LISS for 20-30minutes after my workouts.

Diet has been pretty good except for an occasional night out drinking some beers. usually loooks something like this
Breakfast- 4eggs 2 toast or sometimes just a 50gram protein shake

lunch- tilpaia and greens with sweet potato

dinner usually chicken or more tialpia
i average 2500 cals, sometimes less sometimes more but def nothing over 3000 cals

Supplements- Alphamine @2.5 scoops spread out, erase@ 3caps spreadout and shift @3 caps spread out

The only thing ive really noticed from the alphamine is increased heart rate, somewhat uncomfortable. Increased sweating, and a mild increase in energy. (edit) also appetite suppression has kicked in these last few days.The thing is that it makes me want to workout but my increased heart rate makes me tire faster.

I know i should track my calories more closely, but i figuired even if i were at maintenance the alphamine, erase and shift would take care of at least a pound lost a week.

Should i lower my cals...increase my cals? Does alphamine take a couple weeks to start working? Any help is appreciated.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The stack you are on should facilitate fat loss. They will not do it on their own but they should accelerate what you are doing.

If you are not losing fat (weight is irrespective) then drop your calories until you start losing fat.

If your weight stays static but you look leaner then you will be losing fat whilst building muscle i.e. 'recomping'.

Let us know how you get on. :)

Ben

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Supplements don't make you lose weight, a caloric deficit does. You should get diet in check first, start losing and add supplements to do as their name suggests ... supplement.

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
Supplements don't make you lose weight, a caloric deficit does. You should get diet in check first, start losing and add supplements to do as their name suggests ... supplement.
i agree. diet is the most important. but supplements like this are supposed to aid in weight loss. and if i'm at maintenance. then i should see some weight loss. Otherwise why did i spend the money on them.

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
The stack you are on should facilitate fat loss. They will not do it on their own but they should accelerate what you are doing.

If you are not losing fat (weight is irrespective) then drop your calories until you start losing fat.

If your weight stays static but you look leaner then you will be losing fat whilst building muscle i.e. 'recomping'.

Ben
Thanks for the response. I'm not hating on PES, in fact i love most of their products. Shift, erase and anabeta are my favorites. But somethings just don't work for everyone. My point here is that if i have to drop my cals down to a normal diet..IE 2300 cals, then whats the point of buying the product?

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established

Ben
I did take pics before, and also had my gym take BF measurements with calipers. But its too soon to retake measurements. I will do a review when the tub is finished. The only time i feel as though I've lost any body fat is when I've just woken up in the AM, and Im fasted, because i do look a little leaner.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are 12 days in, I wouldn't have expected miracles by then.

In general, if you are not losing fat then lower your calories. If you are 12 days in and have had the occasional drinking binge clean up your diet, remove the alcohol and see how the next two weeks treat you. :)

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established

In general, if you are not losing fat then lower your calories. If you are 12 days in and have had the occasional drinking binge clean up your diet, remove the alcohol and see how the next two weeks treat you. :)
True, i guess all the excellent reviews of this product made me think I'd see some things happening by now. I'm going to get more strict with my diet and give up the drinking. Thanks for the advice.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
True, i guess all the excellent reviews of this product made me think I'd see some things happening by now. I'm going to get more strict with my diet and give up the drinking. Thanks for the advice.
My pleasure. Alphamine should provide fat loss and I would like to think customers would see it early on in the same way if someone is dieting they should see results early on.

If you haven't lost fat yet I assume something is wrong. Make sure your diet is clean and let Alphamine do it's work. :)

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
My pleasure. Alphamine should provide fat loss and I would like to think customers would see it early on in the same way if someone is dieting they should see results early on.

If you haven't lost fat yet I assume something is wrong. Make sure your diet is clean and let Alphamine do it's work. :)
Thats kind of what im getting at. Ive done strcit diets before and i usually see results by now. I decided to run alphamine so that i could be a little relaxed on my diet (not counting every little calorie) as i have other things to focus on right now. So through what mechanisms does alphamine aid in weight loss?

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
I think im just expecting too much from the product. I know these things take time a dedication. Ill save anymore comments for my final review and give this stuff a real chance.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats kind of what im getting at. Ive done strcit diets before and i usually see results by now. I decided to run alphamine so that i could be a little relaxed on my diet (not counting every little calorie) as i have other things to focus on right now. So through what mechanisms does alphamine aid in weight loss?
http://pescience.com/alphamine.html/

The science behind how each ingredient works is in the write up. :)

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not all supplements work for everyone but IMO and im not by any means bashing you OP, a strict diet isnt having beers once or twice a week and neither is"guesstimating" calories or macros.

There is no such thing as a miracle supplement and in order to lower fat or lose weight you must drop calories eventualy and at some point. Even the people who take T3 and or clen still at some point will have to drop calories.

I hope it works out for you though and wish you the best.

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
Not all supplements work for everyone but IMO and im not by any means bashing you OP, a strict diet isnt having beers once or twice a week and neither is"guesstimating" calories or macros.

I hope it works out for you though and wish you the best.
Thanks. I agree. and im not on a strict diet as i stated. I was hoping the supplements would help me out there. I think my probelm is im always afraid to lose my muscle, so its hard for me to just not eat. I feel as though im not taking in enough of cals already, and im often wanting to eat more. But im a fat kid at heart :)

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks. I agree. and im not on a strict diet as i stated. I was hoping the supplements would help me out there. I think my probelm is im always afraid to lose my muscle, so its hard for me to just not eat. I feel as though im not taking in enough of cals already, and im often wanting to eat more. But im a fat kid at heart :)
Trust me i understand that!! Haha

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The scale is very finicky as well. It's honestly a poor tool to use to measure progress. Take before/after pics of a 30 day run. Depending on what I eat/what time I weigh/how hydrated I am my scale weight can fluctuate up to 5 pounds. This Saturday morning I'll be insanely low from 3 days of low calories/low carbs. Monday morning I'll be artificially high after a huge carb up and hydration fest.

I wouldn't weigh myself every day. I'd weigh once a week with the exact same protocol every time. Say Monday morning first thing after peeing.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alphamine is pretty clear on what it does. It's not like Alpha-T2, where you add that on top of what you're doing and you start seeing an extra bump in fat loss. It's supposed to make the process easier. So, if you're cutting on a really restrictive diet, and you're feeling burnt out and are having cravings all the time, Alphamine is the product of choice to toss in. It blunts those cravings, boosts energy, and also appears to have ingredients that are muscle sparing, making your cut a little more efficient.

No offense, but if you're still at the point where you're not tracking your calories 100%, and you're going out for beers here and there, you're only wasting your money on cutting supplements because you're working against them, not with them.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alphamine is pretty clear on what it does. It's not like Alpha-T2, where you add that on top of what you're doing and you start seeing an extra bump in fat loss. It's supposed to make the process easier. So, if you're cutting on a really restrictive diet, and you're feeling burnt out and are having cravings all the time, Alphamine is the product of choice to toss in. It blunts those cravings, boosts energy, and also appears to have ingredients that are muscle sparing, making your cut a little more efficient.

No offense, but if you're still at the point where you're not tracking your calories 100%, and you're going out for beers here and there, you're only wasting your money on cutting supplements because you're working against them, not with them.
If you aren't counting calories how can one know they are at maintenance anyways?

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
The scale is very finicky as well. It's honestly a poor tool to use to measure progress. Take before/after pics of a 30 day run. Depending on what I eat/what time I weigh/how hydrated I am my scale weight can fluctuate up to 5 pounds. This Saturday morning I'll be insanely low from 3 days of low calories/low carbs. Monday morning I'll be artificially high after a huge carb up and hydration fest.

I wouldn't weigh myself every day. I'd weigh once a week with the exact same protocol every time. Say Monday morning first thing after peeing.
Thats exactly what i do. And i agree the mirror is a better tool.

Invycktus

Invycktus

Awards
  • Established
That's nt what you told me via PM!

This is how we end up with a 5 trillion Debt!

Am just messing, OP this thread is super cereal, iam just trying to mess around

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
If you aren't counting calories how can one know they are at maintenance anyways?
I am counting my calories. just not as precise as i would normally. IE if i eat spaghetti its a little hard to measure exactly how many cals i ate unless i throw it on a scale. Same with sweet patatoes or anything thats fresh and not in a packaged container.

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established

I agree with that last statement. I do need to get more serious.

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
Maybe i just needed to give it more time. I think the appetite supression is finally starting to kick in, because i have no desire to finish my postworkout meal. Im full after just 2eggs and 2pieces of toast.

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the words of encouragement, ive started a calorie log and I will be keeping a close eye on my intake.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks for the words of encouragement, ive started a calorie log and I will be keeping a close eye on my intake.
Best of luck. Let us know how the rest of the product treats you. I've got a tub waiting on me to run after I finish my current log.

B

BULLS

Awards

Ben
at 6'3 260 you think he should drop cals under 2500?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think he should drop calories from alcohol and binge days, yes.

P

Profion

Awards
try taking arginine and eat as a pig trying to bulk weight, this will make you lose some weight.

That thing about going below maintainces in calories is a myth, by going below maintainces i see no reason why the body should eat fat to boost its energy levels back to maintaince........ 500kcals = body will eat the fat to get that.

But try NuclearFatDelimish <- great supplement that makes u lose fat like a guy going below maintaince.

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
try taking arginine and eat as a pig trying to bulk weight, this will make you lose some weight.

That thing about going below maintainces in calories is a myth, by going below maintainces i see no reason why the body should eat fat to boost its energy levels back to maintaince........ 500kcals = body will eat the fat to get that.

But try NuclearFatDelimish <- great supplement that makes u lose fat like a guy going below maintaince.
thanks man, best advice yet! SMH

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
Im no longer 260, I was 260, but i got a little to fat for my liking. Crash dieted down to 210, and lost too much muscle. Bulked back up to 230, cut without supplements to 220. where im at know.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can mostly certainly assure you that theres some over-estimating here done on the calories. I've seen so many people say "XYZ is doing nothing for me", yet when they actually keep a food journal the answer is plain as day. I mean no offense when I say that, but using an app as simple as myfitnesspal can make a world of difference.

I ate 2400-2500 most of my Alphamine run, and my BMR is certainly lower than yours if you weigh 220, and i lost significant body fat. Of course, i tracked ever last morsel of food that entered my mouth, and took pictures along the way.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I further echo that your calories are probably too low and your thyroid and test numbers have dropped as a result. I weigh a little less than you and need 3500-4000kcals to maintain. One thing that I highly, highly suggest is to train less. 6 days a week of lifting is far too much, IMO.

blurryimage

blurryimage

Awards
  • Established
What do you all consider maintenance cals? Is it the amount of calories needed to maintain strength, weight, both? And I was under the impression that Alphamine was suppose to help thyroid and help preserve muscle mass when in a large cal deficit.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What do you all consider maintenance cals? Is it the amount of calories needed to maintain strength, weight, both? And I was under the impression that Alphamine was suppose to help thyroid and help preserve muscle mass when in a large cal deficit.
Maintenance calories are the amount required to maintain weight. Alphamine is designed to provide a very thermogenic effect, appetite suppression, and preservation of lean body mass.

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
I can mostly certainly assure you that theres some over-estimating here done on the calories. I've seen so many people say "XYZ is doing nothing for me", yet when they actually keep a food journal the answer is plain as day. I mean no offense when I say that, but using an app as simple as myfitnesspal can make a world of difference.

I ate 2400-2500 most of my Alphamine run, and my BMR is certainly lower than yours if you weigh 220, and i lost significant body fat. Of course, i tracked ever last morsel of food that entered my mouth, and took pictures along the way.
Yeah i agree. Ive since started tracking my cals more closely.

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
I further echo that your calories are probably too low and your thyroid and test numbers have dropped as a result. I weigh a little less than you and need 3500-4000kcals to maintain. One thing that I highly, highly suggest is to train less. 6 days a week of lifting is far too much, IMO.
I dont believe im taking in to little calories as my strength has not gone down. I gain weight easily and 35-4k is where i bulk. I recover perfectly fine from 6 day split and when i do a five day split i feel like im waisting time. I do take cruise weeks though were i dont go as heavy or intense to let my body recover. Thanks for the advice. Also if my thyroid is going too low from under eating wouldnt SHift take care of it? or at least help? Why else take it?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It will help to boost thyroid activity, but you also have to take into consideration the lowered testosterone from being in a prolonged caloric deficit.

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
It will help to boost thyroid activity, but you also have to take into consideration the lowered testosterone from being in a prolonged caloric deficit.
Gotcha, yeah i havent been in that great of a deficit for very long, since im sure i go over slightly when i go out for some drinks, but im not going to do that anymore. I'll be keeping my diet extremely clean, and zig zag eating slightly more on the days i squat or deadlift. My strength hasnt gone down though, i attribute that to the Alphamine and erase. Thanks for the help.

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
Oh, and I'm down 2 lbs today and looking leaner. I thnk i just had to let this stuff kick in and get my diet in check. Can't wait till next month, i may run another tub before i clean bulk with my 3 leftover Anabeta bottles.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, and I'm down 2 lbs today and looking leaner. I thnk i just had to let this stuff kick in and get my diet in check. Can't wait till next month, i may run another tub before i clean bulk with my 3 leftover Anabeta bottles.
Good to hear! Keep us updated, I hope the results continue to accelerate. :)

Ben

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gotcha, yeah i havent been in that great of a deficit for very long, since im sure i go over slightly when i go out for some drinks, but im not going to do that anymore. I'll be keeping my diet extremely clean, and zig zag eating slightly more on the days i squat or deadlift. My strength hasnt gone down though, i attribute that to the Alphamine and erase. Thanks for the help.
A couple of other things.
1. Even if the deficit is small (200-300kcals), an extended period of this will usually result in a dip in thyroid and test numbers and, subsequently, BMR. As you lose weight, your BMR actually lowers since it'll require fewer calories to maintain your current weight.
2. Simple water retention from imbalanced electrolyte consumption could result in subcutaneous water. Each pint of water that you hold is ~1lb.

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
1. Even if the deficit is small (200-300kcals), an extended period of this will usually result in a dip in thyroid and test numbers and, subsequently, BMR. As you lose weight, your BMR actually lowers since it'll require fewer calories to maintain your current weight.
2. Simple water retention from imbalanced electrolyte consumption could result in subcutaneous water. Each pint of water that you hold is ~1lb.
So what do you recomend my cals be at? Im 218 6'4 37in waist.

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
Thats my point, i was never in a deficit for an extended period. IE 3 days low 1 day high, and so on. but still keeping my 3500 cal weekly deficit.

U

uvawahoowa

Awards
Its my 12th day on alphamine and i haven't lost a single pound. Started at 220lbs and Im still 220 lbs.

I've been working out 6 days a week. Doing single body part splits. Mon-chest...tuesday-shoulders/traps.....wed-back....thurs-bi/tri...Friday-legs. then start over after 1days rest.

Sets are always warmups, then heavy weight for 8-10 finishing off with high volume isolations and supersets.

Cardio-LISS for 20-30minutes after my workouts.

Diet has been pretty good except for an occasional night out drinking some beers. usually loooks something like this
Breakfast- 4eggs 2 toast or sometimes just a 50gram protein shake

lunch- tilpaia and greens with sweet potato

dinner usually chicken or more tialpia
i average 2500 cals, sometimes less sometimes more but def nothing over 3000 cals

Supplements- Alphamine @2.5 scoops spread out, erase@ 3caps spreadout and shift @3 caps spread out

The only thing ive really noticed from the alphamine is increased heart rate, somewhat uncomfortable. Increased sweating, and a mild increase in energy. (edit) also appetite suppression has kicked in these last few days.The thing is that it makes me want to workout but my increased heart rate makes me tire faster.

I know i should track my calories more closely, but i figuired even if i were at maintenance the alphamine, erase and shift would take care of at least a pound lost a week.

Should i lower my cals...increase my cals? Does alphamine take a couple weeks to start working? Any help is appreciated.
The thing that sticks out to me is "i know I should track my calories more closely". Track your calories. Unless you have a food scale and you're using something like myfitnesspal you really have no idea how many calories you're taking in. Fix that and you'll lose weight

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
The thing that sticks out to me is "i know I should track my calories more closely". Track your calories. Unless you have a food scale and you're using something like myfitnesspal you really have no idea how many calories you're taking in. Fix that and you'll lose weight
yeah bro, i have.Its in the rest of the thread. Thanks for the help though.

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
Ive dieted before and lost weight before, 50+lbs. This time i made the mistake of relying on the supplements to help out.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats my point, i was never in a deficit for an extended period. IE 3 days low 1 day high, and so on. but still keeping my 3500 cal weekly deficit.
If it's that high of a deficit per week, then it's an extended period. That still averages out to a 500kcal/day deficit.

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
If it's that high of a deficit per week, then it's an extended period. That still averages out to a 500kcal/day deficit.
Ok, so what do you suggest? I know that i will not lose weight at 3k cals a day.