Alphamine has done nothing for me - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Alphamine has done nothing for me

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Diamond Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by beastybean View Post
    Oh, and I'm down 2 lbs today and looking leaner. I thnk i just had to let this stuff kick in and get my diet in check. Can't wait till next month, i may run another tub before i clean bulk with my 3 leftover Anabeta bottles.
    Good to hear! Keep us updated, I hope the results continue to accelerate.

Ben
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Gotcha, yeah i havent been in that great of a deficit for very long, since im sure i go over slightly when i go out for some drinks, but im not going to do that anymore. I'll be keeping my diet extremely clean, and zig zag eating slightly more on the days i squat or deadlift. My strength hasnt gone down though, i attribute that to the Alphamine and erase. Thanks for the help.
    A couple of other things.
    1. Even if the deficit is small (200-300kcals), an extended period of this will usually result in a dip in thyroid and test numbers and, subsequently, BMR. As you lose weight, your BMR actually lowers since it'll require fewer calories to maintain your current weight.
    2. Simple water retention from imbalanced electrolyte consumption could result in subcutaneous water. Each pint of water that you hold is ~1lb.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Answers

NVM
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    1. Even if the deficit is small (200-300kcals), an extended period of this will usually result in a dip in thyroid and test numbers and, subsequently, BMR. As you lose weight, your BMR actually lowers since it'll require fewer calories to maintain your current weight.
    2. Simple water retention from imbalanced electrolyte consumption could result in subcutaneous water. Each pint of water that you hold is ~1lb.
    So what do you recomend my cals be at? Im 218 6'4 37in waist.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Answers

Thats my point, i was never in a deficit for an extended period. IE 3 days low 1 day high, and so on. but still keeping my 3500 cal weekly deficit.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by beastybean
    Its my 12th day on alphamine and i haven't lost a single pound. Started at 220lbs and Im still 220 lbs.

I've been working out 6 days a week. Doing single body part splits. Mon-chest...tuesday-shoulders/traps.....wed-back....thurs-bi/tri...Friday-legs. then start over after 1days rest.

Sets are always warmups, then heavy weight for 8-10 finishing off with high volume isolations and supersets.

Cardio-LISS for 20-30minutes after my workouts.

Diet has been pretty good except for an occasional night out drinking some beers. usually loooks something like this
    Breakfast- 4eggs 2 toast or sometimes just a 50gram protein shake

lunch- tilpaia and greens with sweet potato

dinner usually chicken or more tialpia
    i average 2500 cals, sometimes less sometimes more but def nothing over 3000 cals

Supplements- Alphamine @2.5 scoops spread out, erase@ 3caps spreadout and shift @3 caps spread out

The only thing ive really noticed from the alphamine is increased heart rate, somewhat uncomfortable. Increased sweating, and a mild increase in energy. (edit) also appetite suppression has kicked in these last few days.The thing is that it makes me want to workout but my increased heart rate makes me tire faster.

I know i should track my calories more closely, but i figuired even if i were at maintenance the alphamine, erase and shift would take care of at least a pound lost a week.

Should i lower my cals...increase my cals? Does alphamine take a couple weeks to start working? Any help is appreciated.
    The thing that sticks out to me is "i know I should track my calories more closely". Track your calories. Unless you have a food scale and you're using something like myfitnesspal you really have no idea how many calories you're taking in. Fix that and you'll lose weight
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa View Post
    The thing that sticks out to me is "i know I should track my calories more closely". Track your calories. Unless you have a food scale and you're using something like myfitnesspal you really have no idea how many calories you're taking in. Fix that and you'll lose weight
    yeah bro, i have.Its in the rest of the thread. Thanks for the help though.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Answers

Ive dieted before and lost weight before, 50+lbs. This time i made the mistake of relying on the supplements to help out.
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Thats my point, i was never in a deficit for an extended period. IE 3 days low 1 day high, and so on. but still keeping my 3500 cal weekly deficit.
    If it's that high of a deficit per week, then it's an extended period. That still averages out to a 500kcal/day deficit.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Answers

If it's that high of a deficit per week, then it's an extended period. That still averages out to a 500kcal/day deficit.
    Ok, so what do you suggest? I know that i will not lose weight at 3k cals a day.
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Ok, so what do you suggest? I know that i will not lose weight at 3k cals a day.
    Perhaps you're becoming too concerned with just the scalar weight instead of body composition, which will give you a more accurate idea of what's happening.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Answers

Perhaps you're becoming too concerned with just the scalar weight instead of body composition, which will give you a more accurate idea of what's happening.
    No i don't believe so, although i do watch my scale weight, i also watch the mirror and measurments. If i see changes in either one i know im doing something right. I wasnt seeing results in either. However i am now. Thanks for the help, I'm on the right track now and I'll keep your advice in mind.
  13. Professional Member
    Answers

Ive dieted before and lost weight before, 50+lbs. This time i made the mistake of relying on the supplements to help out.
    Supplements can help and I think Alphamine is one of them. But the next supplement that lets you eat over maintenance significantly and lose a bunch of weight will be the first. Diet and exercise remain vital to body composition success. Low carb diets help me lose more weight than anything or a cycling low carb diet.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

PM me with any questions!
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Good to hear! Keep us updated, I hope the results continue to accelerate.

Ben
    Thanks man, i believe they will.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Answers

quick update. I'm at 217 and abs are becoming visible, which leads me to believe I'm adding a tiny bit of muscle and losing weight. I started anabeta a couple days ago and my appetite has increased more than the alphamine can control, but its ok i needed to be eating a little more anyways. I'm really liking this alphamine run so far. Probably going to buy another and make it a 8wk run.
  16. Elite Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by beastybean
    quick update. I'm at 217 and abs are becoming visible, which leads me to believe I'm adding a tiny bit of muscle and losing weight. I started anabeta a couple days ago and my appetite has increased more than the alphamine can control, but its ok i needed to be eating a little more anyways. I'm really liking this alphamine run so far. Probably going to buy another and make it a 8wk run.
    Glad to hear bud. 8 weeks of alphamine is where it's at!
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
    http://pescience.com/insider
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    The stack you are on should facilitate fat loss. They will not do it on their own but they should accelerate what you are doing.

If you are not losing fat (weight is irrespective) then drop your calories until you start losing fat.

If your weight stays static but you look leaner then you will be losing fat whilst building muscle i.e. 'recomping'.

Let us know how you get on.

Ben
    Well said Ben
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Good to hear beasty!
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. AnaBeta does nothing for me
    By MacWanted in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-30-2011, 11:52 AM
  2. ANDROHARD So Far has done Nothing!
    By mjonesjr8 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-24-2011, 11:10 AM
  3. Why nothing works for me
    By UNDERTAKER in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 07-29-2005, 03:36 PM
  4. 2005 has been a biotch for me so far..
    By Y2Jversion1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2005, 09:39 PM