Slintensity Experiments and Reactions

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Trying to get a feel for how people are using Slintensity and what they are noticing. We are still running our own experiments with it and tinkering with what we notice. We've got a lot out there in people's hands but company sub-forums don't always get looked at. GDA's are unique in that they can be used in many different manners. I know Matt has experimented with a pre-bed dose, but I haven't got to see what came out from it. Also interested in glucometer results if anyone has used that with Slintensity.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I need to get on this, I've always loved Matt's products.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I need to get on this, I've always loved Matt's products.
I got to run a few capsules before the release and I just got three bottles in the mail yesterday. Haven't been able to put anything to use yet and I'm curious what everyone is seeing/doing with it.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wonder if Matt took another no carb pre-bed dose tonight.

I know I hit one before a carb meal today and the improved vascularity was apparent in no time. Especially in my upper shoulder areas. Anyone done a double dose yet before a massive carb meal? I'm looking into doing that Saturday (alas three days of limited carbs coming and no Slintensity).

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interested to see what people say here as well.. good thread!

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got to run a few capsules before the release and I just got three bottles in the mail yesterday. Haven't been able to put anything to use yet and I'm curious what everyone is seeing/doing with it.
Nice I always enjoyed the prebed dosing of SlinSane V1 always made me feel good when I woke. I felt refreshed and awake after it.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wonder if Matt took another no carb pre-bed dose tonight.

I know I hit one before a carb meal today and the improved vascularity was apparent in no time. Especially in my upper shoulder areas. Anyone done a double dose yet before a massive carb meal? I'm looking into doing that Saturday (alas three days of limited carbs coming and no Slintensity).
I'm doing a 2 cap dose every morning before a big breakfast (160-200g carb). The most noticeable effect is the prevention of any bloated or weighed down feeling. Instead of needing a nap, I feel light on my feet and ready to go.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm doing a 2 cap dose every morning before a big breakfast (160-200g carb). The most noticeable effect is the prevention of any bloated or weighed down feeling. Instead of needed a nap, I feel light on my feet and ready to go.
How's this compare so far to other GDA's you have used? I know no one is close to being done with a full bottle (or even week for most people). Just wondering.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How's this compare so far to other GDA's you have used? I know no one is close to being done with a full bottle (or even week for most people). Just wondering.
SlinTensity definitely seems to be the strongest of the GDA's I've tried. With the amount of carbs I eat, others weren't worth the price for me. I'd have to dose 5-6 caps with some products to get what I am from 2 caps of SlinTensity. Not having to ever go beyond 2 caps, its something I can run consistently. I already placed and received another order.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SlinTensity definitely seems to be the strongest of the GDA's I've tried. With the amount of carbs I eat, others weren't worth the price for me. I'd have to dose 5-6 caps with some products to get what I am from 2 caps of SlinTensity. Not having to ever go beyond 2 caps, its something I can run consistently. I already placed and received another order.
It's still early, but a lot of people have been commenting on it being stronger than previous GDA's people have used.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm doing a 2 cap dose every morning before a big breakfast (160-200g carb). The most noticeable effect is the prevention of any bloated or weighed down feeling. Instead of needing a nap, I feel light on my feet and ready to go.
wtf do you eat for breakfast for carbs? lol serious. Ima guess you are the pancake master? :D

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wtf do you eat for breakfast for carbs? lol serious. Ima guess you are the pancake master? :D
Haha. I mix it up. This morning my carb sources were oatmeal, Ezekiel English muffins, and sweet potato pancakes.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha. I mix it up. This morning my carb sources were oatmeal, Ezekiel English muffins, and sweet potato pancakes.
The only breakfast carbs i eat are pancakes.. otherwise, i just stick with what i love for breakfast, pasta, rice, mac n cheese, potato's, eghh whatever I want :p

Never a breakfast person, hate eggs, dont like orange juice, coffee, etc. I always ate reg food for breakfast, family thought i was nuts.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The only breakfast carbs i eat are pancakes.. otherwise, i just stick with what i love for breakfast, pasta, rice, mac n cheese, potato's, eghh whatever I want :p

Never a breakfast person, hate eggs, dont like orange juice, coffee, etc. I always ate reg food for breakfast, family thought i was nuts.
Well, it's official. ^^^^^You're some kind of robot.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They told me people who hated eggs existed but I always thought it was an urban legend like politicians wanting to reduce the national debt.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
I dosed 1 cap of slintensity pre-workout. Throughout my workout I sipped on 1.5 scoops of glycomyx and 20g of carbs from Agave Syrup.

+Insane Vascularity
+Godly Muscle Fullness
+Giant Endurance Boost

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
i hve some slintensity and glycomyx waiting for me when i get back in town. ill try a few things and post in here

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I personally wouldn't use slintensity unless cutting, for which it is the best GDA for this purpose. Two ingredients block carbohydrate absorption and one (momordin) is inherently lipolytic.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Finally get to dig into my Slintensity bottle for my carb up! Let's do this.

Jorsn

Awards
  • Established
Just got my 2 bottles of Slintensity and Glycomyx!! Any plans to offer bulk Glycomyx?

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
I personally wouldn't use slintensity unless cutting, for which it is the best GDA for this purpose. Two ingredients block carbohydrate absorption and one (momordin) is inherently lipolytic.
I'm so confused now

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is it really possible to "block carbohydrate absorption"?.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm so confused now
What's confusing? Slintensity can be used on a bulk as well, Coop was just saying he would personally prefer to use it while cutting. It isn't as if you can't use it in a calorie surplus by any means, heck I think Matt is using it currently bulking and it hasn't turned him into a string bean.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just got my 2 bottles of Slintensity and Glycomyx!! Any plans to offer bulk Glycomyx?
As of right now none that I am aware of. Let us know how you use the Slintensity and what you notice.

ms_mac

ms_mac

Awards
Getting ready to crack open my bottle in a few minutes. Cheat meal out with the girls. Can't wait to see what happens:)

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
What's confusing? Slintensity can be used on a bulk as well, Coop was just saying he would personally prefer to use it while cutting. It isn't as if you can't use it in a calorie surplus by any means, heck I think Matt is using it currently bulking and it hasn't turned him into a string bean.
Idk lol. I guess b/c I thought a GDA is supposed to help shuttle the carbs to your muscles, but when he says it blocks carbohydrate absorption that sounds almost the opposite when I read it. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something... It's been a long day blah blah blah (insert excuse for being dumb here)... :dunno:

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Idk lol. I guess b/c I thought a GDA is supposed to help shuttle the carbs to your muscles, but when he says it blocks carbohydrate absorption that sounds almost the opposite when I read it. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something... It's been a long day blah blah blah (insert excuse for being dumb here)... :dunno:
You will get more out of your carb meals with Slintensity than without it. For instance I just got done wolfing down almost a whole pizza and took Slintensity before it. I'm feeling energized, vascular, good to go. Last couple weeks I've been in a coma following that on my carb ups.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Getting ready to crack open my bottle in a few minutes. Cheat meal out with the girls. Can't wait to see what happens:)
I bet the other gals are going to be jealous when they find out you have a secret weapon!

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
I saw Southland's facebook page put up they're testing out slintensity pre-beers. I decided to do the same tonight. I'll report back tomorrow how it went.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Is it really possible to "block carbohydrate absorption"?.
Yes. Gymnema does so at the site of absorption, while banaba inhibits release of enzymes that digest carbohydrates.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
This is a common misconception. The purpose of a GDA is exactly that: to lower blood glucose. This is achieved by blocking carbs, increasing uptake at all cell types. No affordable GDA is a nutrient partitioner; save exercise for fulfilling that role ;).

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
So if you don't digest the carbohydrates than what happens?. What effect does this have on insulin?.
If you don't digest carbohydrates, they are excreted in fecal matter. Insulin will obviously be lower since the glycemic load will be lower.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is a common misconception. The purpose of a GDA is exactly that: to lower blood glucose. This is achieved by blocking carbs, increasing uptake at all cell types. No affordable GDA is a nutrient partitioner; save exercise for fulfilling that role ;).

If insulin works as it should than shouldn't it lower blood glucose?. So that leads me to another question, if insulin is lowering blood glucose and the GDA is also lowering blood glucose wouldn't that cause a potential problem with over-production of insulin?.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
If insulin works as it should than shouldn't it lower blood glucose?. So that leads me to another question, if insulin is lowering blood glucose and the GDA is also lowering blood glucose wouldn't that cause a potential problem with over-production of insulin?.
Yes, insulin lowers blood glucose. If less glucose is making it to the bloodstream (via carbohydrate blocking), less insulin will be released by the pancreas.The GDA does not increase insulin production; that would be counter-productive and would potentially cause insulin resistance. Rather, GDAs increase GLUT4 translocation independent of insulin release. They "mimic" insulin, reducing total insulin output, and improving insulin sensitivity (all foreseeably good things for overall health).

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you don't digest carbohydrates, they are excreted in fecal matter. Insulin will obviously be lower since the glycemic load will be lower.

Ok so then it is beneficial to use a GDA on a carb up, which would allow you to eat a little more than you normally would without the potential fat gain?. If you were too eat a little too much fast digesting carbs on a carb up normally it would cause over production of insulin and your blood glucose would drop making you feel like you had a sugar crash. With a GDA your blood glucose and insulin are kept at a more consistant level rather than yo-yoing up and down. Correct?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Ok so then it is beneficial to use a GDA on a carb up, which would allow you to eat a little more than you normally would without the potential fat gain?. If you were too eat a little too much fast digesting carbs on a carb up normally it would cause over production of insulin and your blood glucose would drop making you feel like you had a sugar crash. With a GDA your blood glucose and insulin are kept at a more consistant level rather than yo-yoing up and down. Correct?
It depends on the ingredient in question. The broad-spectrum use of the term "GDA" is misleading. Insulin mimetics won't reduce weight gain; carbohydrate blockers obviously will.

The whole fast-digesting carb, insulin output, etc is pretty much mythology unless your final meal after an epic 800g carbup was a gigantic bolus of HFCS-laced soda. De novo lipogenesis is not a preferred process; ESPECIALLY, when glycogen-depleted.

But yes, an insulin mimetic can make you feel less lethargic by virtue of reducing total insulin output.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It depends on the ingredient in question. The broad-spectrum use of the term "GDA" is misleading. Insulin mimetics won't reduce weight gain; carbohydrate blockers obviously will.

The whole fast-digesting carb, insulin output, etc is pretty much mythology unless your final meal after an epic 800g carbup was a gigantic bolus of HFCS-laced soda. De novo lipogenesis is not a preferred process; ESPECIALLY, when glycogen-depleted.

But yes, an insulin mimetic can make you feel less lethargic by virtue of reducing total insulin output.

Thanks for your help mr.cooper. I don't want to de-rail this thread anymore though so I'll stop with the questions for now. Thanks again.

dlucks

Awards
  • Established
To those curious how this compares to slinsane v2, I've tried both and I can honestly say this is superior.

I can actually FEEL this doing something, unlike the others where I just hoped it was helping lol.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good thread here, Josh. Don't know how I missed it til now. In for beer-experimentation results!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, and in for Ms. Mac's wine experimentation lol ;)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bump for beer and wine results!

:cool2:

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
To those curious how this compares to slinsane v2, I've tried both and I can honestly say this is superior.

I can actually FEEL this doing something, unlike the others where I just hoped it was helping lol.
Slintensity had a superior effect on the glucometer for me, but SSv2 is my preferred choice simply because the inclusion of Na-R-ALA complements my supplement stack perfectly. You really can't go wrong with either though; an 80% 4-OH extract is unheard of.

CaptainSlentz

CaptainSlentz

Awards
Is there any ingredients that actually selectively increase insulin sensitivity in muscle?

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Bump for beer and wine results!

:cool2:
I had quite a few hefty pumpkin beers last night. Didn't feel bloated/full at any point. It was like drinking light beer except it tasted a lot better.