Slintensity Experiments and Reactions

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.69%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Ok so then it is beneficial to use a GDA on a carb up, which would allow you to eat a little more than you normally would without the potential fat gain?. If you were too eat a little too much fast digesting carbs on a carb up normally it would cause over production of insulin and your blood glucose would drop making you feel like you had a sugar crash. With a GDA your blood glucose and insulin are kept at a more consistant level rather than yo-yoing up and down. Correct?
    It depends on the ingredient in question. The broad-spectrum use of the term "GDA" is misleading. Insulin mimetics won't reduce weight gain; carbohydrate blockers obviously will.

The whole fast-digesting carb, insulin output, etc is pretty much mythology unless your final meal after an epic 800g carbup was a gigantic bolus of HFCS-laced soda. De novo lipogenesis is not a preferred process; ESPECIALLY, when glycogen-depleted.

But yes, an insulin mimetic can make you feel less lethargic by virtue of reducing total insulin output.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

2. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.23%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    It depends on the ingredient in question. The broad-spectrum use of the term "GDA" is misleading. Insulin mimetics won't reduce weight gain; carbohydrate blockers obviously will.

The whole fast-digesting carb, insulin output, etc is pretty much mythology unless your final meal after an epic 800g carbup was a gigantic bolus of HFCS-laced soda. De novo lipogenesis is not a preferred process; ESPECIALLY, when glycogen-depleted.

But yes, an insulin mimetic can make you feel less lethargic by virtue of reducing total insulin output.

Thanks for your help mr.cooper. I don't want to de-rail this thread anymore though so I'll stop with the questions for now. Thanks again.
  3. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.69%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Thanks for your help mr.cooper. I don't want to de-rail this thread anymore though so I'll stop with the questions for now. Thanks again.
    Any time buddy
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.11%

To those curious how this compares to slinsane v2, I've tried both and I can honestly say this is superior.

I can actually FEEL this doing something, unlike the others where I just hoped it was helping lol.
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

Good thread here, Josh. Don't know how I missed it til now. In for beer-experimentation results!
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

Oh, and in for Ms. Mac's wine experimentation lol
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%

Bump for beer and wine results!

8. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.69%

Quote Originally Posted by dlucks View Post
    To those curious how this compares to slinsane v2, I've tried both and I can honestly say this is superior.

I can actually FEEL this doing something, unlike the others where I just hoped it was helping lol.
    Slintensity had a superior effect on the glucometer for me, but SSv2 is my preferred choice simply because the inclusion of Na-R-ALA complements my supplement stack perfectly. You really can't go wrong with either though; an 80% 4-OH extract is unheard of.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.02%

Is there any ingredients that actually selectively increase insulin sensitivity in muscle?
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post

I had quite a few hefty pumpkin beers last night. Didn't feel bloated/full at any point. It was like drinking light beer except it tasted a lot better.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www . millenniumsport . net
  11. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.51%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post

They don't sell booze where you're from? Do your own damn experiments And videotape the results!
    EvoMuse Products Rep

PM me with any questions!
  12. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.69%

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSlentz View Post
    Is there any ingredients that actually selectively increase insulin sensitivity in muscle?
    No, but few (if any) GDAs can say that.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.02%

No, but few (if any) GDAs can say that.
    Out of curiosity, can you give me some examples of the few natural substances that do?
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.02%

I mean are there really any true natural nutrient partitioners out there besides exercise?
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  132 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.04%

Okay here goes - my first experiment with Slintensity:

I was driving so unfortunately I only had 1 Bud Light with my meal - so I popped 2 caps just before we got to the restaurant. About 15 min late the waitress brought us our drinks and a basket of rolls. I ate a roll while I scanned the menu. I should note that I did not get that hypo gotta eat NOW feeling that most people report with GDA's. I have never got that feeling with any others that I have used either...and I have tried just about all of them. Anyway, I order a 9" spinach pizza on a thin whole wheat crust and a side caesar salad. Waitress brings the salad out and I eat that. Feeling good after that, not full at all. Then the pizza comes out. I eat 1 slice and this is where I notice something. Usually after eating a roll, salad and a slice I am starting to get that " I am getting full but Imma keep eatin " feeling. Not so this time. In fact I ate the whole pizza and felt like I could eat a bit more. And I did - ordered the double chocolate hercules cake for dessert. I did eat it all.! Now at this point I was comfortably full - not OMG I am in agony because I ate too much and cannot move full - like I usually feel after a big meal like this.

Today's experiment\dosage:

I woke up this morning, drank my pre and some creatine and off to workout about 20 min later. I followed the instructions on the bottle and took 1 cap immediately after my workout, waited 20 min and had a shake consisting of 1 scoop Glycomyx, 1 scoop vanilla pp, blueberries, UVAB, cinnamon and red pepper. Tasted pretty good. I did notice that slight hypo feeling though just before I had the shake....funny because I didn't feel it last night. Maybe because this was my first meal of the day? I drank this shake and I was really full.....so total opposite of last night.

2nd dose was about 20 min before dinner consisting of a sweetpotato, turkey burger on a wheat bun with mayo, and a garden salad. Did not feel hypo, but again, after this meal I was full...

So there you have it, folks. Will report back with anything I notice
    Building my best body "for me"!
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%

Quote Originally Posted by jwa254 View Post
    I had quite a few hefty pumpkin beers last night. Didn't feel bloated/full at any point. It was like drinking light beer except it tasted a lot better.
    Very nice! I think Matt said he put down 8 Rolling Rocks last night lol. Haven't heard much more than that, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    They don't sell booze where you're from? Do your own damn experiments And videotape the results!
    Haha! I just very rarely drink, so it's not really in my wheelhouse.
  17. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.51%

Good report Ms_Mac! I had similar results. Ate an absolute ton yesterday and didn't have the "carb coma" I'm used to getting after coming off three days of low carbs. Vascularity is increased as well. I'm also using the combo of GlycoMyx and Slintensity in a similar manner to you.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

18. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.69%

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSlentz View Post
    Out of curiosity, can you give me some examples of the few natural substances that do?
    Of those in the realm of "known" DSHEA ingredients, Tauroursodeoxycholic Acid may improve liver and mus... [Diabetes. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI You will have to wait for the "unknown"

Btw, is AM screwing up anyone else's spacing? I can't hit enter without it adding directly to the previous sentence.
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%

Btw, is AM screwing up anyone else's spacing? I can't hit enter without it adding directly to the previous sentence.
    Maybe you're going to get banned?

lol
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%

Great report, ms mac! The removal of that death feeling after a load of carbs is definitely nice.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.38%

Quote Originally Posted by ms_mac View Post
    Okay here goes - my first experiment with Slintensity:

Today's experiment\dosage:

I woke up this morning, drank my pre and some creatine and off to workout about 20 min later. I followed the instructions on the bottle and took 1 cap immediately after my workout, waited 20 min and had a shake consisting of 1 scoop Glycomyx, 1 scoop vanilla pp, blueberries, UVAB, cinnamon and red pepper. Tasted pretty good. I did notice that slight hypo feeling though just before I had the shake....funny because I didn't feel it last night. Maybe because this was my first meal of the day? I drank this shake and I was really full.....so total opposite of last night.
    Vanilla PP? That must be a strong vanilla to mask the flavor...
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.11%

Slintensity had a superior effect on the glucometer for me, but SSv2 is my preferred choice simply because the inclusion of Na-R-ALA complements my supplement stack perfectly. You really can't go wrong with either though; an 80% 4-OH extract is unheard of.
    I have a bunch of San narala in my stash so I'll start adding a cap
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.4%

Will SlinTensity give you back pumps? I just took a cap 30 minutes ago, ate and now my back is so pumped... Like painful. I haven't experienced this the other three times i've used it but I was taking it with an MRP and not whole food. I took in 20g's fast carbs and 60g's of slow carbs so I know I ate enough. The funny thing is usually I feel full afterwards but I feel like I could go eat more.
  24. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.51%

Quote Originally Posted by Jorsn View Post
    Will SlinTensity give you back pumps? I just took a cap 30 minutes ago, ate and now my back is so pumped... Like painful. I haven't experienced this the other three times i've used it but I was taking it with an MRP and not whole food. I took in 20g's fast carbs and 60g's of slow carbs so I know I ate enough. The funny thing is usually I feel full afterwards but I feel like I could go eat more.
    What exercises were you doing? I haven't noticed this yet from Slin, but I get nasty back pumps easy anyways especially lower back.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%

I haven't noticed that in any of the dosings I've had with ST. I'm with Josh and would lean more toward what exercises you'd been doing or if you'd done anything that could initiate that. I know whenever I do the dishes, my lower back starts to get that because the countertop and sink are just low enough to cause it.
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22%

Of those in the realm of "known" DSHEA ingredients, Tauroursodeoxycholic Acid may improve liver and mus... [Diabetes. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI You will have to wait for the "unknown"

This is very interesting. Thanks for posting the study. What are your thoughts on 250mg TUDCA + 1 cap Slin-Sane V2 as a nutrient partitioning stack for lean mass gains? Also, Patrick Arnold has posted a lot of data on his Ursolic Acid product in regards to nutrient partitioning. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on that as well.

I just purchased a bottle of both Slintensity and Slin-Sane V2. I'll save the Slintensity for my next cut.
  27. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.69%

Quote Originally Posted by jerrysiii View Post
    This is very interesting. Thanks for posting the study. What are your thoughts on 250mg TUDCA + 1 cap Slin-Sane V2 as a nutrient partitioning stack for lean mass gains? Also, Patrick Arnold has posted a lot of data on his Ursolic Acid product in regards to nutrient partitioning. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on that as well.

I just purchased a bottle of both Slintensity and Slin-Sane V2. I'll save the Slintensity for my next cut.
    The dose of TUDCA used was 1750mg, and even then, the effect wasn't particularly profound. I wouldn't expect 250mg TUDCA to exert any significant physiological effect. SSv2 is great for health benefits.

The term "nutrient partitioning" needs to be clarified. Did he refer to it as a GDA, or a true nutrient partitioner (preferentially sends glucose to muscle over fat cells)?
  28. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22%

The dose of TUDCA used was 1750mg, and even then, the effect wasn't particularly profound. I wouldn't expect 250mg TUDCA to exert any significant physiological effect. SSv2 is great for health benefits.

The term "nutrient partitioning" needs to be clarified. Did he refer to it as a GDA, or a true nutrient partitioner (preferentially sends glucose to muscle over fat cells)?
    I don't recall him specifically referring to it as a nutrient partitioner, but he may have. It seems to have anabolic and anti-catabolic characteristics. Jake from Anteaus Labs did an excellent blog on Ursobolic Acid. I can't post links but is at anteauslabs.blogspot.com

I was going to say that it is not a GDA, but Jake's article shows that it may have some influence on insulin. Truly amazing stuff it it does what some of these studies suggest. The downfall is poor bioavailability.
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.38%

WTF is going on here!! On the PC I can't access page 4 at all. It just keeps reloading page 3. I can only look at page 4 on my phone app...
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.4%

What exercises were you doing? I haven't noticed this yet from Slin, but I get nasty back pumps easy anyways especially lower back.
    I hadn't worked out in a week. I took a week off and was well rested. I haven't experienced it again but I will pay close attention from now on.
  31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.4%

I'm gonna take 1 slintensity and 1 slin sane v1 pre lunch tomorrow and see how that goes. Then for dinner i'm gonna try 2 slintensitys before dinner. I'll report back tomorrow.
  32. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.51%

I'm gonna take 1 slintensity and 1 slin sane v1 pre lunch tomorrow and see how that goes. Then for dinner i'm gonna try 2 slintensitys before dinner. I'll report back tomorrow.
    That's a lot of carbs and GDA's! Interested to see what you find.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%

That's a lot of carbs and GDA's! Interested to see what you find.
    No doubt. I hope he's going to the hibachi restaurant and ordering triple fried rice!
  34. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.24%
    Achievements Activity Pro

I stacked SlinTensity with Slin Sane V2 last night before workout. I think I am going to try it again tonight.
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.93%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by BigGame84
    I stacked SlinTensity with Slin Sane V2 last night before workout. I think I am going to try it again tonight.
    When you say pre workout do you mean pre workout meal or pre workout on a empty stomach?
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Use code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com
    I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to
  36. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.24%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post
    When you say pre workout do you mean pre workout meal or pre workout on a empty stomach?
    40 mins preworkout on empty stomach. 20 mins later took 2 scoops of GlycoMyx with some protein.
  37. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.4%

When using Slintensity or GDA's in general should you keep your fats low? and sugar intake low? The only sugar in my diet comes from fruits. Fat comes from coconut oil.
  38. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.69%

When using Slintensity or GDA's in general should you keep your fats low? and sugar intake low? The only sugar in my diet comes from fruits. Fat comes from coconut oil.
    No. And using only coconut oil as a fat source is a surefire way to run into a host of metabolic problems down the road.
  39. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.4%

No. And using only coconut oil as a fat source is a surefire way to run into a host of metabolic problems down the road.
    I meant when I use Slintensity. My main sources of fats is nuts, coconut oil, avacodas, olives, salmon.
  40. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22%

Quote Originally Posted by Jorsn
    Also, fructose is not the best source of carbohydrate. One or two pieces of whole fruit should be fine, but complex carbs and dextrose are better. I'd keep total fructose under 50 grams -- keep in mind that one half of regular sugar will break down into fructose.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-06-2012, 04:42 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-21-2011, 05:56 AM
  3. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-29-2011, 06:58 AM
  4. gynecomastia surgery experience and healing
    By starting1 in forum Pro Bodybuilding
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-31-2009, 06:08 AM
  5. My DNP Experience and some questions