Supplementation during physical exercise and BCAA's

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Supplementation during physical exercise and BCAA's

I just want to find out for definite how important is intra supplementation and in that case how much can one benefit from taking BCAA's during physical exercise or anything else in that matter. Is it really that necessary or just a marketing hype?
    Regards,
    --
    Feliks

2. It is hype.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    It is hype.
    Agreed. I have never noticed much benefit if any at all while using anything Intra.
    I'm Back...

4. They only benefit I've noticed is the extra weight coming from all the additional carbs in some of the blends. How benefical is BCAA's alone?
    Regards,
    --
    Feliks

5. An absolute waste of money..id rathwr consume energy lifting weigjt,then lifting it to my mouth to sip it.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Felixo
    They only benefit I've noticed is the extra weight coming from all the additional carbs in some of the blends. How benefical is BCAA's alone?
    I find leucine to be highly beneficial. I've toyed around with many dosing schemes, and I've really come to like supplementing 25g per day. (5g upon waking, 10g pre, and 10g post).
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com

7. I have a slightly different opinion then most posted above. I find supplementing with BCAA's to be very beneficial during training. Increased endurance, better recovery and less DOMS.

8. Quote Originally Posted by bigswole30 View Post
    I have a slightly different opinion then most posted above. I find supplementing with BCAA's to be very beneficial during training. Increased endurance, better recovery and less DOMS.
    This ^
    Lift Hard, Love Long, and Live Happy

9. Quote Originally Posted by bigswole30 View Post
    I have a slightly different opinion then most posted above. I find supplementing with BCAA's to be very beneficial during training. Increased endurance, better recovery and less DOMS.
    Try a large bolus pre-training and post-training vs intraworkout. Intraworkout supplementation for strength training and hypertrophy is rather paradoxical, given leucine's MOA.

10. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69
    Try a large bolus pre-training and post-training vs intraworkout. Intraworkout supplementation for strength training and hypertrophy is rather paradoxical, given leucine's MOA.
    Is it just as simple as it needs time to digest? To me it seems like common sense. Any energy boost people get intra is more likely due to something else in the BCAA blend.
    BOARD TYRANT | TEAM GET DIESEL | GETDIESEL.COM
    FeFiFo.com support
    DIESEL TEST = Underground Kings of Test elevation!

11. Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda View Post
    Is it just as simple as it needs time to digest? To me it seems like common sense. Any energy boost people get intra is more likely due to something else in the BCAA blend.
    Nope. Leucine acts on the "anabolic" signaling cascade via a spike in blood levels. Taking BCAAs intraworkout results in a "flat-line" of blood leucine levels as you sip over the course of 1-2 hours.

12. Apart from personal opinions, is there any factual research done? Everyone seems to react in a unique individual way to certain supplements. Some will report positive effects where the others with feel nothing or even report negative effects.
    Regards,
    --
    Feliks

13. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Nope. Leucine acts on the "anabolic" signaling cascade via a spike in blood levels. Taking BCAAs intraworkout results in a "flat-line" of blood leucine levels as you sip over the course of 1-2 hours.
    If you are sipping it, you are losing. Hence the reason for the higher leucine content in ModernBCAA..

14. Quote Originally Posted by bigswole30 View Post
    i agree with this.....bcaa's are extremely benefical during training even at low doses.....if you can afford them or find them cheap enough, they are always a good idea to throw into the mix during training

15. It all depends on if you feel like you will benefit from it. Personally, Compete by iForce along with many other intra's allow me to workout longer and helps me run for longer in sports.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com

16. So u r saying take bcaas even if its an under dosed amount??

17. Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999 View Post
    So u r saying take bcaas even if its an under dosed amount??
    a few studies i've seen shows you don't need much leuicine to be anti-catabolistic (word?)....now you may not get huge but you don't need to totally overdose bcaas for results like many think...even though overdosing may provide significant improvements over low dosages....just isn't the only way you have to go about your bcaa intake

18. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti

a few studies i've seen shows you don't need much leuicine to be anti-catabolistic (word?)....now you may not get huge but you don't need to totally overdose bcaas for results like many think...even though overdosing may provide significant improvements over low dosages....just isn't the only way you have to go about your bcaa intake
    Anti-catabolic is the word you're looking for

19. Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa View Post
    Anti-catabolic is the word you're looking for
    haha yeah thats it...english was never a major of mine

20. So one can benefit in some way from bcaa's supplementation during workout but it's not the best thing after sliced bread?
    Regards,
    --
    Feliks

21. IMO, better sipped throughout the day between meals. Coop is right in that drinking during a workout (1hour?) is not going to give you significant blood levels to warrant the whole intra WO hype. Drinking it throughout the day, particularly post workout (or preWO), can aid in keeping you anabolic. I notice much greater recovery from this albeit I do not eat like a bodybuilder.

22. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69
    It is hype.
    Eh, I feel differently.

23. Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    Eh, I feel differently.
    You are an athlete brah; not the same as a recreational BBer eating his pre and post workout meals. Also, the key word was "during" physical exercise. BCAAs are great actually...if taken preworkout or postworkout in a single bolus.

24. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

You are an athlete brah; not the same as a recreational BBer eating his pre and post workout meals. Also, the key word was "during" physical exercise. BCAAs are great actually...if taken preworkout or postworkout in a single bolus.
    True after reading a few things and talking to you I slam leucine before my workouts with my LCLT and few other goodies. Granted I do usually sip BCAA's through out the day.

25. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

Lol, I'm just pokin at you brah.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Supplements for post surgery and recovery
    By prld2gr8ns in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-02-2006, 04:09 AM
  2. supplements during Superdrol cycle....
    By majician in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 12:55 AM
  3. Bending Knees During Calf Exercises
    By Rock Lee in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-08-2004, 09:47 PM