Supplementation during physical exercise and BCAA's

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.98%

Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton

of course proteins have bcaa's in them. the three amino acids that stimulate muscle growth are bcaa's luecine isoluecine and valine, bcaa's are isolated versions where you dont have to take in the other aminos and also keeping calories, and protein grams lower.

I have no explanation what happened to you. I can only vouch for myself in saying bcaa's have helped me dramatically.
    Strange, I know. Perhaps I hit the plateau. However, would it be ok to take bcaa on top of whatever amount there's in protein shakes or would it be an overkill?
    Regards,
    --
    Feliks

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.98%

Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton

of course proteins have bcaa's in them. the three amino acids that stimulate muscle growth are bcaa's luecine isoluecine and valine, bcaa's are isolated versions where you dont have to take in the other aminos and also keeping calories, and protein grams lower.

I have no explanation what happened to you. I can only vouch for myself in saying bcaa's have helped me dramatically.
    Maybe it coincidental and I just hit the plateau, don't know. Anyway, is it ok to add some bcaa's on top of whatever one can get from protein shakes or would it be an overkill John? How do you dose yours and when do you take it?
    Regards,
    --
    Feliks
  3. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.48%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Are you insulin resistant?
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.12%

Quote Originally Posted by Felixo View Post
    Maybe it coincidental and I just hit the plateau, don't know. Anyway, is it ok to add some bcaa's on top of whatever one can get from protein shakes or would it be an overkill John? How do you dose yours and when do you take it?
    Hey no issues at all. To be beneficial to a wothehile degree u need more than the 5 grams ur common whey shake will offer.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.12%

Exclamation

What would be the optimal intake?
    So studies shown that leucine in 10g dose preworkout had significant benefits with workout intensity/energy and recovery. Most bcaa supps has the 3 main aminos combined with typical total ranges in 7 to 10 grams. I believe 20 grams total per day is the beginning of the optimal doses. That's including the bcaas in most common whey shakes. So in easy terms 2 to 3 servings from a combo bcaa supp. I take for example 2 servings of xtend in a gallon jug refrigerated an use it o pour into my cups or smaller bottles and sip throughout day with intentions to drink one gallon of bcaa mix. In addition I take one other straight serving one hour pre workout for the added benefits of citrilline. 2 grams arginine and my stim preworkout supp has some beta alinine. This is a staple for my regiment and It never seems to fail. Diet and plenty hydration is also just as important for pumps and vascularity. Sorry off topic just throwing some personal recommendations out there.
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I would separate them from whole foods and shakes

I dose mine one scoop open awaking , in between meals -esp when Im cutting hard , on anabolics I use them more bc protein synthesis is much higher due to nitrogen retenion, pre intra and post workouts all the time, and if I get up at night two scoops
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.98%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69
    Are you insulin resistant?
    Not that I'm aware of.
    Regards,
    --
    Feliks

Similar Forum Threads

1. Supplements for post surgery and recovery
    By prld2gr8ns in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-02-2006, 04:09 AM
  2. supplements during Superdrol cycle....
    By majician in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 12:55 AM
  3. Exercise and acne
    By DieTrying in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-03-2005, 12:30 PM
  4. Bending Knees During Calf Exercises
    By Rock Lee in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-08-2004, 09:47 PM