Joint Support

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used to take Kaizen's Joint Support + Glucosamine and that stuff really helped me. Sadly I haven't been able to find it so I thought I'd ask y'all (yes I am from Texas) what would be a good replacement.

Currently taking T911 Liquid, so a small bit of epiandosterone and ConDense. I am not cycling or anything I just am starting to feel my right elbow and left knee starting to get a little bit achy, could all be mental but that's besides the point.

Suggestions?

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
oh and I know that they have a new joint support formula out I was just trying to see what recommendations I could get

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Super Cissus and Cissus XT are both very effective. I combine either one with Orange Triad and Orange OxiMega fish oil which gives me relief from serious joint pain. Cissus on its own should be very helpful as well.

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
What breezy said... Sounds like a lot but man if you need some joint help its worth every penny, even if your just looking to do some preventative maintenance

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Check out Athletic Xtreme Athletes Joint Restore

AJR2XMoney.png

From the AX Knowledge-Base
The glucosamine nutritional supplements that you will find on the health food store shelf are primarily being produced by one of two different methods; hydrolysis of crustacean shells or microbial grain fermentation

Chondroitin can come from natural sources, such as shark or bovine cartilage, or it can be made in a lab. Chondroitin is also known as chondroitin sulfate.

Cartilage is one of the primary connective tissues of the body, providing flexibility and support to your joints. Undenatured Type II Collagen is the principal structural protein in cartilage that is responsible for the strength and toughness. UCII is derived from chicken sternum cartilage, UC-II is made of Undenatured (native) Type II Collagen that works to repair and keep joints healthy. UCII is the only Undenatured Type II Collagen available. Other forms of type II collagen sold as dietary supplements are denatured, or hydrolyzed which makes them only a fraction as effective for repairing and supporting joints and tissue.

In a recent Randomized Double-Blind Study UCII was shown to be More than Twice as Effective than Glucosamine + Chondroitin.

BiovaFlex is an all-natural ingredient derived from eggshell membrane that is designed to repair and support joints. It gives your joints vital tissue rebuilding nutrients contained within eggshell membrane. The eggshell membrane is the unique protective barrier between the egg white and the egg shell.

In a 67 patient study published in the March 2009 issue of a peer-reviewed scientific journal they found that patients reported a positive outcome as soon as 10 days after beginning to take the supplement. And in an open-label study published in May 2009 they found that supplementing with egg membrane supported increased joint flexibility within 7 days.
Here’s what eggshell membrane contains:
•Collagen – A fibrous protein that supports cartilage and connective tissue strength and elasticity.
•Elastin – A protein that supports cartilage repair.
•Desmosine and isodesmosine – Two amino acids that support elastin’s cartilage repair.
•Glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) – Vital polysaccharides that are structural components of your connective tissue.
•Transforming growth factor-b - A protein that supports tissue rejuvenation.

Athletic Xtreme is the first and only company in the industry to use BiovaFlex, the only water-soluble and clinically studied eggshell membrane ingredient made in the USA.

Good Luck! Joint pain is not fun.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Super Cissus and Cissus XT are both very effective. I combine either one with Orange Triad and Orange OxiMega fish oil which gives me relief from serious joint pain. Cissus on its own should be very helpful as well.
This, Cissus XT alone, or with Orange Triad/Oximega will knock out any pain plus reduce inflammation.

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks alot guys, reps for all!

but I agree on the joint supports being worth their weight in gold! I am not a big supplement user, I like trying stuff but nothing really seems worth it (I dont even drink protein) but not having fish oil and a joint support has made a huge difference. definitely going to look at pricing for both Joint Support and Cissus Xt

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
used to have that squirrel as my cover pic on facebook. lmao made my day

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SNS Cissus XT has been a blessing on my joints. I also really like Labrada Elasti-Joint (just not their fruit punch flavor cause it sucks). Those would actually make a fantastic combination.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Check out Athletic Xtreme Athletes Joint Restore

View attachment 66706

From the AX Knowledge-Base
The glucosamine nutritional supplements that you will find on the health food store shelf are primarily being produced by one of two different methods; hydrolysis of crustacean shells or microbial grain fermentation

Chondroitin can come from natural sources, such as shark or bovine cartilage, or it can be made in a lab. Chondroitin is also known as chondroitin sulfate.

Cartilage is one of the primary connective tissues of the body, providing flexibility and support to your joints. Undenatured Type II Collagen is the principal structural protein in cartilage that is responsible for the strength and toughness. UCII is derived from chicken sternum cartilage, UC-II is made of Undenatured (native) Type II Collagen that works to repair and keep joints healthy. UCII is the only Undenatured Type II Collagen available. Other forms of type II collagen sold as dietary supplements are denatured, or hydrolyzed which makes them only a fraction as effective for repairing and supporting joints and tissue.

In a recent Randomized Double-Blind Study UCII was shown to be More than Twice as Effective than Glucosamine + Chondroitin.

BiovaFlex is an all-natural ingredient derived from eggshell membrane that is designed to repair and support joints. It gives your joints vital tissue rebuilding nutrients contained within eggshell membrane. The eggshell membrane is the unique protective barrier between the egg white and the egg shell.

In a 67 patient study published in the March 2009 issue of a peer-reviewed scientific journal they found that patients reported a positive outcome as soon as 10 days after beginning to take the supplement. And in an open-label study published in May 2009 they found that supplementing with egg membrane supported increased joint flexibility within 7 days.
Here’s what eggshell membrane contains:
•Collagen – A fibrous protein that supports cartilage and connective tissue strength and elasticity.
•Elastin – A protein that supports cartilage repair.
•Desmosine and isodesmosine – Two amino acids that support elastin’s cartilage repair.
•Glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) – Vital polysaccharides that are structural components of your connective tissue.
•Transforming growth factor-b - A protein that supports tissue rejuvenation.

Athletic Xtreme is the first and only company in the industry to use BiovaFlex, the only water-soluble and clinically studied eggshell membrane ingredient made in the USA.

Good Luck! Joint pain is not fun.
Joint pain isnt fun at all Click!! The amount of positive reviews we have received though for AJR is amazing.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
I can vouch for Flexible and Cissus-XT you couldnt go wrong with either IMO

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Four grams glucosamine a day. two grams is too little-that is my staple for joint support

I think msm hgher dosed is worth a shot and maybe chondriton

just anti natural anti-inflammatorys in general help, fish oils. animal pack has a good one;however in my opinion the glucosamine is too low so take extra

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't decide between Cissus XT or Joint Restore, I'll let my wallet decide :D
if any reps could pm me the best deal they know of/know any coupon codes that'd be greatly appreciated!
if not, to nutraplanet I go.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cissus has zero research suggesting it's useful for joint "support". Zero. It may however be good if you have a bone fracture or even fat loss.

Try Joint Fixx, it contains a couple goodies plus what is actually a drug in Europe for joint pain (legal as a supplement in the U.S.). Here are some unbiased (we have no idea who these people are) reviews we found cruising the net...

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
I think msm hgher dosed is worth a shot and maybe chondriton
Powdered MSM is cheap as fukk and helped me out when I started dosing 5-7 grams a day. Glucosamine Sulfate has performed better in studies than Glucosamine HCL.

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cissus has zero research suggesting it's useful for joint "support". Zero. It may however be good if you have a bone fracture or even fat loss.

Try Joint Fixx, it contains a couple goodies plus what is actually a drug in Europe for joint pain (legal as a supplement in the U.S.). Here are some unbiased (we have no idea who these people are) reviews we found cruising the net...

never heard of it. love all the research that is coming off this though.
what is this "drug"?

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Cissus has a lot positive anecdotal reports, if you're gonna say those are worthwhile with Joint Fixx.

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
Cissus has a lot positive anecdotal reports
It has an insane amount of backers. I've never taken it but its raved about on a lot of different forums

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Powdered MSM is cheap as fukk and helped me out when I started dosing 5-7 grams a day. Glucosamine Sulfate has performed better in studies than Glucosamine HCL.
agreed on the glucosamine studies.

Thanks ill look around for msm

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It has an insane amount of backers. I've never taken it but its raved about on a lot of different forums
I'm one of those backers too.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Its an excellent ingredient to reduce joint pain.

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm one of those backers too.
Think I'm just gonna try it out, and OT cuz I liked White Flood back when I tried it. Got me off the Jack3d fanboat but that's a different story

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
never heard of it. love all the research that is coming off this though.
what is this "drug"?
Avocado soybean unsaponifiables or more commonly referred to as ASU.

Cissus has a lot positive anecdotal reports, if you're gonna say those are worthwhile with Joint Fixx.
I dont deny that, I've said before I like using it for short periods of time as well. I think long term use probably leads to excessive cortisol reduction, and potentially more joint pain.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Avocado soybean unsaponifiables or more commonly referred to as ASU.

I dont deny that, I've said before I like using it for short periods of time as well. I think long term use probably leads to excessive cortisol reduction, and potentially more joint pain.
I am interested in Joint Fixx after I keep hearing you talk about it.

I'll see if I experience any signs of low cortisol or more joint pain, been on for a month now and plan to stay on.

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am interested in Joint Fixx after I keep hearing you talk about it.

I'll see if I experience any signs of low cortisol or more joint pain, been on for a month now and plan to stay on.
I found a half off code. Read some concerns how the anti inflammatory effects of cissus causing a reduction in teh gainz. Thoughts?

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I found a half off code. Read some concerns how the anti inflammatory effects of cissus causing a reduction in teh gainz. Thoughts?
I wouldn't dose it pre-wo, but I highly doubt that it would have that great an effect.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Cissus is great for joint pain. Not necessarily for joint maintenance, but actual joint pain.

I have been using Osteo-Sport and it is great for joint support and recovery. It's worth checking out if you want something that attacks joint issues from a lot of different angles.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
??? You linked to a product that has nothing to do with cissus. Vaughntrue would not be proud.
Joint Help, ie an iForce product, does not contain Cissus?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Cissus does indeed appear to exert anti-obesogenic effects (that are synergistic with African Mango). It could also positively affect neurotransmitters and serotonin. As for its effects on joints, there may not be human trials as of yet, but the anti-inflammatory effect of CQ is well-documented.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
??? You linked to a product that has nothing to do with cissus. Vaughntrue would not be proud.
product that contains cissus = has nothing to do with cissus?

any 1 big thing about joint help: probably one of the only products out there that will give pain relief on the first dose. and as coop and myself have learned from taking paractin for an extended period of time, the anti-inflamitory/pain reduction gets better and better as you go :D

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
product that contains cissus = has nothing to do with cissus?

any 1 big thing about joint help: probably one of the only products out there that will give pain relief on the first dose. and as coop and myself have learned from taking paractin for an extended period of time, the anti-inflamitory/pain reduction gets better and better as you go :D
Ok you linked to a product write up with no references. Marketing is cool bro.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cissus does indeed appear to exert anti-obesogenic effects (that are synergistic with African Mango). It could also positively affect neurotransmitters and serotonin. As for its effects on joints, there may not be human trials as of yet, but the anti-inflammatory effect of CQ is well-documented.
I've noticed a big help while taking cissus

MonteRXS

MonteRXS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Super Cissus ftw... check out Nutra for USPowders bulk Super Cissus RX... and also check out this link... good info on it.

ergo-log(dot)com/cissusquadrangularisbonecells.html

dsohei

Awards
All this cissus talk, has anyone tried eucommia bark or other herbs that martial artists typically used for connective tissue?

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
On Facebook

OP: Something about fish oil not being effective regarding heart disease or something. (Basically I didn't read the article)

Below are comments back and forth:

Me:Even if this info was true for everyone, it would still be good for joints right?

Alan Aragon: Randall -- There is some evidence for this, yes. However, it's mainly limited to therapeutic applications (ie, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis). I doubt fish oil will do much for those who abuse their joints in the gym.

Me:Thanks Alan, what's your take on Cissus for joints? Or I suppose my question is what do you think is best to use to keep them lubed up?

Alan:Cissus research has some very high potential for commercial bias. The lead investigator of the research (Julius Oben) is also the patent holder & CSO of the company who sells the cissus-containing formulations. As for keeping joints healthy in the long term, your best bet is to make sure your training & diet overall is well-balanced, and make sure you chose the right parents. Regular fatty fish intake (or fish oil supplementation) won't hurt. Popular joint pain supps like glucosamine & chondroitin have performed equivocally in the literature.

Thoughts?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
^ Alan knows I respect him wholeheartedly but I would need to have a conversation with him on both topics. Fish oil is more a question of total FA balance, and cissus has high-impact factor , unbiased studies on its MOA. There is some sponsorship (see CORE, irivina, etc), but there is also ample evidence showing cissus is potentially therapeutic.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Glucosamine and chondroitin also have totally dissimilar MOAs to cissus. Alan is an amazing nutritional scientist, but I doubt he's had time to dissect the literature behind common supplement ingredients.

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks coop, cause I've been wanting to start paying some better attention to my joints. So would Cissus, glucosamine, and chondroitin all be good places to start? Also what is MOA? It is method of application or something close? I hope I'm at least close. :)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Thanks coop, cause I've been wanting to start paying some better attention to my joints. So would Cissus, glucosamine, and chondroitin all be good places to start? Also what is MOA? It is method of application or something close? I hope I'm at least close. :)
Hah, mechanism of action. Cissus promotes growth of bone and connective tissue, whereas glucosamine and chondroitin are more "preventative" to the joint capsule.

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hah, mechanism of action. Cissus promotes growth of bone and connective tissue, whereas glucosamine and chondroitin are more "preventative" to the joint capsule.
Gotcha, so cissus, in addition to either glucosamine or chondroitin, and you pretty much have your bases covered as far as repair and preservation?