Severe Insomnia HELP!!!!!

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
So I am currently on full dose 48mg MethylPrednisolone (Equal to 60mg Prednisone) to treat a relapse from an autoimmune kidney disease I suffer from. This s*** is like crack!! I can't F***ing sleep for the life of me. I'm lucky if I fall asleep at 4 AM. Staying asleep is no problem, but falling asleep is nearly impossible. Last night I never fell asleep period! Its 8 AM and I'm still awake from the day before. I've tried everything, Benedryl (Sometimes works), supplements (don't work), herbal stuff (doesn't work), even strong herbs like mega dose Kava, nothing. Can you guys suggest something? Anything? That might work for me. I don't drink coffee, I don't drink tea, I don't take any diet pills aside from Green Coffee Extract, which has a minimal amount of caffeine. So really the only stimulant I have, the entire day is my 1 lone scoop of Jack3d Micro, the new stuff with no DMAA. Say the word and I will get on amazon right now and buy it! I'm about 1 step from becoming a stoner or trying opiates because I am just so desperate to get rid of this problem.

tattoopierced1

To be quite honest, this is probably something you need to talk to your doctor about.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
To be quite honest, this is probably something you need to talk to your doctor about.
He'll probably just give me 10mg of Ambien and tell me to be on my way. That's my guess

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Some natty things to look into would be.

Inositol
5-htp
Melatonin
And valerian root.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
So I am currently on full dose 48mg MethylPrednisolone (Equal to 60mg Prednisone) to treat a relapse from an autoimmune kidney disease I suffer from. This s*** is like crack!! I can't F***ing sleep for the life of me. I'm lucky if I fall asleep at 4 AM. Staying asleep is no problem, but falling asleep is nearly impossible. Last night I never fell asleep period! Its 8 AM and I'm still awake from the day before. I've tried everything, Benedryl (Sometimes works), supplements (don't work), herbal stuff (doesn't work), even strong herbs like mega dose Kava, nothing. Can you guys suggest something? Anything? That might work for me. I don't drink coffee, I don't drink tea, I don't take any diet pills aside from Green Coffee Extract, which has a minimal amount of caffeine. So really the only stimulant I have, the entire day is my 1 lone scoop of Jack3d Micro, the new stuff with no DMAA. Say the word and I will get on amazon right now and buy it! I'm about 1 step from becoming a stoner or trying opiates because I am just so desperate to get rid of this problem.

It blows my mind the people that say I'm on such and such prescribed medicine and then ask on a supplement forum about stuff.. Ask the Dr. who prescribed you the medicine! Also remember when taking the meds and supplements to watch out for interactions. EX. some supplements will delay the absorption of prescription meds. Another thing if you are having sleep problems lay off the jack3d, if you have infomnia then taking a stim is not a bright move.

Call your dr. and lay off the stims.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
He'll probably just give me 10mg of Ambien and tell me to be on my way. That's my guess
Your guess may be right, but you should still tell him. Just to be safe.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
've never tried Gaba plain, there used to be some Gaba in my old preworkout, and I wonder if that's why I never had trouble sleeping after taking it, hmm. What do you think of Gaba, L tryptophan and 5-htp stacked.

Jahcuree

've never tried Gaba plain, there used to be some Gaba in my old preworkout, and I wonder if that's why I never had trouble sleeping after taking it, hmm. What do you think of Gaba, L tryptophan and 5-htp stacked.
I would also try only eating during sunlight hours to see if that helps your body fall back into its normal circadian rhythm

Sent from my iPad using Am.com

chimeranD

Awards
Don't bother stacking 5-HTP with Tryptophan, 5-htp will suffice for the effects you want. It sounds like you're experiencing severe anxiety from this, you do need to speak to your doctor about this. 10mg of ambien short term won't be bad at all, why would you avoid it? Not that there's a problem with using OTC alternatives, but they almost certainly won't be as effective.
From the sounds of it, you're fairly likely to superdose whatever you end up getting, if you stayed within the recommended dosages I'd recommend phenibut. Again this is short term, as either this is a short term treatment for your AI disease; or your doctor needs to get his act together and figure out a better plan for you.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, my neph has a habit of not monitoring me very well, like when he put me on hGH for steroid induced short stature and I ended up getting slight acromagaly!! Yeah, that was good. Luckily my orthopedic doc and endocrinologist caught it early enough where it didn't cause any permanent damage, but it easily could have. I'm probably just gonna have my GP handle it, because I don't think my neph will do anything. Kava has been working well though as it has begun to kick in, so maybe I'll just stick with that for now

Nicolas

Nicolas

Awards

Phenibut helps me with anxiety and helps me sleep. I will say that it is a supplement that you can't take every day, though. You would probably want to consult with your MD before you use it, too.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It blows my mind the people that say I'm on such and such prescribed medicine and then ask on a supplement forum about stuff.. Ask the Dr. who prescribed you the medicine! Also remember when taking the meds and supplements to watch out for interactions. EX. some supplements will delay the absorption of prescription meds. Another thing if you are having sleep problems lay off the jack3d, if you have infomnia then taking a stim is not a bright move.

Call your dr. and lay off the stims.
Yeah it blows my mind also, people coming on a bodybuilding and supplement site for medical advice.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
To treat the symptoms, but not the underlying cause - you can try:

Inositol
5-htp
Melatonin
Gaba
DMAE
Pregnenolone
OTC Sleep Aid - Costco sells one very inexpensively.
1-carboxy
ZMA - may or may not help

Good luck.

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
Yeah I agree with gaba, really cheap to try! When I had insomnia my doc put me on ambien cr never woke up groggy... Did some messed up **** a few times though

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why not just get the Ambien? Targets GABA receptor lol

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
you're up all day and night 24 hours anyway, may as well make efficient use of your time and fit in a doctors appointment :D
Doctor's office doesn't allow sexting. That could pose a problem in my everyday life! :laugh:

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
psh you pay the man, you can do what you want you practically own the joint!
Haha, you're damn right I do!! And plus, no one would dare mess with me if they knew what was good for them!! :D

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha, you're damn right I do!! And plus, no one would dare mess with me if they knew what was good for them!! :D
lol but back on track, I have Ambien. My insomnia was pretty bad (2-3 days staying up at its worst) I like it if I plan ahead. Also staying warm is a plus for me not waking up all drowsy, sedating your body like that most likely reduces respiration thus leading to lower body temp. Idk I just throw on an extra blanket and I am good

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
lol but back on track, I have Ambien. My insomnia was pretty bad (2-3 days staying up at its worst) I like it if I plan ahead. Also staying warm is a plus for me not waking up all drowsy, sedating your body like that most likely reduces respiration thus leading to lower body temp. Idk I just throw on an extra blanket and I am good
I just can't sleep period if the house is above 72 degrees, I've used to even have a seperate A/C in my room set at 64. If it is too warm I wake up with night sweats.

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
PHENIBUT - I cannot stress to you how amazing this product is, and how underutilized. I use this product often, smaller doses during the day to keep me relaxed/happy/focused (it has a nootropic effect) and if I can't sleep - which is rare now, since I am prescribed trazadone for insomnia - it really does the trick. Don't use it every day, it can cause dependence and withdrawal effects if used for too long (although ive used it every day for months and never had a negative side effect, it IS possible)

If you need to go the prescription route, look up trazadone. I was on every sleep aid known to man, but trazadone works better for me than any of them ever did. I take it, feel naturally super sleepy an hour later, and then wake up exactly 8 hours later feeling refreshed and ready to go. Benadryl doesn't work for me because I have to take it every 4 hours for my allergies anyway.

And really, if you don't mind being illegal, a little mary jane never hurts for insomnia. But I would definitely give phenibut a try. Its dirt cheap too.

Brucega

Brucega

Board Sponsor
Awards
Take a look at Resurrect. If you google us there are quite a few reviews on the product. We have a great following with this and it is growing. The key is to start with about .25 scoop and adjust from there. Once dialed in you will be amazed at how rested you feel on this product.
This is a great price and you get 10% off through the end of the month. FIT10 coupon code
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/fahrenheit-nutrition/resurrect-40-servings.html
thanks

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
you really wanna sleep?

ask your doctor for a script of lyrica (pregebalin) at 75-150mg one hour before your bedtime.

thing is, you cannot use this everyday, not even EOD, more like every 3rd or 4th day.
(if you do it will work then it will stop due to quick tolerance setting in)
it will take sometime to readjust your body to baseline.

Also,
make sure your room temp is between 19 to 24 degrees C
your room is 100% darkness
add in 3mg melatonin right before bed (only if you feel tired in the mornings and afternoons)

get ready for a killer 1st night of sleeping bliss ;-)

this is from my own personal experiences over the last 15 years. nothing beats it

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried melatonin?

boogyman

Awards
I took Man's REM PM last night for the first time (1 cap) and slept like a rock for the first time in a while.