HI-FREQ. BODYWEIGHT TRAINING & SUPPS ON OFF DAYS

dsohei

Awards
hey y'all - so i recently started training at local circus center, and i'm building my way up to training a lot. so far i am doing tues-fri mornings 90 minute sessions. it's all bodyweight. my main focus is on performance and recovery, as i believe body comp will come naturally or later when i care to focus on it. i am playing around with tons of supplements to this end and i need some opinions on what i could be doing better, and also what should i be taking on my non-training/active recovery days. thx

training days
small protein based breakfast 2 hours before training plus jarrow b-complex, zinc orotate
1 hour before training
8-10g cit malate, 1g ALCAR, 1600mg carn-fumarate, 2g LCLT, 1g phos. choline, 2g ornithine & arginine AKG, 250mg DMAE, 3g Tyrosine, 15mg policosinol, 100mcg Huperzine, 10mg vinpocetine, 20mg DMAA, 100mg caffeine, 3g sarcosine, 3g DAA, 1 tsp cherryflex, 2.5g creatine, 2g BA, 5g ribose, 1g glucoronolactone, 20mg NADH, 5g glutamine

(thinking about adding COP, piracetam, aniracetam, taurine?)

[plus a TCM herbal concoction of 1 tsp each various concentrated (ranges from 4:1 to 10:1) extract powders of adaptogenic herbs- reishi, ant, he show wu, salvia, eucommia, rehmannia, eleuthero, scizandra... basically whatever i have left or can afford - though salvia/red sage seems to be a keeper as it increases circulation very well.]

30 minute bike ride

during training i sip on mix of 30g 8:1:1 bcaa with 20g dextrose, 5g ribose, 2g BA

post training
3 TBS pepto pro (36g protein), 60g dextrose, 5 g d-ribose, 1 tsp cherryflex, 2.5g creapure creatine, 2g BA, 1g glucoronolactone, 5g glutamine, ?g CitMalate been playing around with 3g post

(i think this could be better but i'm unsure)

so essentially right now i have 24 hours of recovery between each session tues-friday, with almost 3 days between fri and tues, but i do work at the nightclub on those "off" days so i consider it very active rest, cardio centric at times. for performance goals i need my mind-muscle-CNS connection to be strong, hence the nootropics in the pre workout, and i need to decrease muscle fatigue ASAP. i also do not want "PUMPS" but i do want a lot of endurance and the ability to keep going as max strength as possible.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For non-training days i recommend plenty of food and rest.

ITW

ITW

Awards
hey y'all - so i recently started training at local circus center, and i'm building my way up to training a lot. so far i am doing tues-fri mornings 90 minute sessions. it's all bodyweight. my main focus is on performance and recovery, as i believe body comp will come naturally or later when i care to focus on it. i am playing around with tons of supplements to this end and i need some opinions on what i could be doing better, and also what should i be taking on my non-training/active recovery days. thx

training days
small protein based breakfast 2 hours before training plus jarrow b-complex, zinc orotate
1 hour before training
8-10g cit malate, 1g ALCAR, 1600mg carn-fumarate, 2g LCLT, 1g phos. choline, 2g ornithine & arginine AKG, 250mg DMAE, 3g Tyrosine, 15mg policosinol, 100mcg Huperzine, 10mg vinpocetine, 20mg DMAA, 100mg caffeine, 3g sarcosine, 3g DAA, 1 tsp cherryflex, 2.5g creatine, 2g BA, 5g ribose, 1g glucoronolactone, 20mg NADH, 5g glutamine

[plus a TCM herbal concoction of 1 tsp each various concentrated (ranges from 4:1 to 10:1) extract powders of adaptogenic herbs- reishi, ant, he show wu, salvia, eucommia, rehmannia, eleuthero, scizandra... basically whatever i have left or can afford - though salvia/red sage seems to be a keeper as it increases circulation very well.]

30 minute bike ride

during training i sip on mix of 30g 8:1:1 bcaa with 20g dextrose, 5g ribose, 2g BA

post training
3 TBS pepto pro (36g protein), 60g dextrose, 5 g d-ribose, 1 tsp cherryflex, 2.5g creapure creatine, 2g BA, 1g glucoronolactone, 5g glutamine, ?g CitMalate been playing around with 3g post

(i think this could be better but i'm unsure)

so essentially right now i have 24 hours of recovery between each session tues-friday, with almost 3 days between fri and tues, but i do work at the nightclub on those "off" days so i consider it very active rest, cardio centric at times. for performance goals i need my mind-muscle-CNS connection to be strong, hence the nootropics in the pre workout, and i need to decrease muscle fatigue ASAP. i also do not want "PUMPS" but i do want a lot of endurance and the ability to keep going as max strength as possible.
This seems like a money pit to me

dsohei

Awards
This seems like a money pit to me
life itself is a money pit. if you must know more about my background to comment usefully, i have put crohn's in relative remission over the last 6 years, i was on the brink of death many times, and if i do not do everything in my power, my body will just decay and die. it's that simple. i am not addicted to supplements, but i need to supplement to have a functioning life, which means that if i even want to have the energy to go to the gym, i have to do things EXTRA that maybe luckier people do not have to do.

forcefan27

forcefan27

Awards
What type of results, specifically, are you looking for? You can use all the supplements you like but endurance and bodyweight routines aren't going to put muscle mass on you.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
1 hour before training

^^ Remove glutamine, ribose, and NADH. Add COP and taurine. Do you really need such heavy cholinergic/NMDA activity prior to training?

30 minute bike ride

^ Lose the ribose again. Get an EAA mix if you are "sipping.'

post training

^Waste of glucuronolactone (take all 2g preworkout), waste of cit mal. Lose glutamine and ribose.

dsohei

Awards
What type of results, specifically, are you looking for? You can use all the supplements you like but endurance and bodyweight routines aren't going to put muscle mass on you.
My main focus is performance and recovery

dsohei

Awards
1 hour before training

^^ Remove glutamine, ribose, and NADH. Add COP and taurine. Do you really need such heavy cholinergic/NMDA activity prior to training?

30 minute bike ride

^ Lose the ribose again. Get an EAA mix if you are "sipping.'

post training

^Waste of glucuronolactone (take all 2g preworkout), waste of cit mal. Lose glutamine and ribose.
You rock. Probably I could move the noots/cholinergics to post for recovery. I feel like I enjoy my workouts more in that altered state though as far as pain, coordination and cns control goes... So I'm playing around with it. Do u have more thoughts on it?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
You rock. Probably I could move the noots/cholinergics to post for recovery. I feel like I enjoy my workouts more in that altered state though as far as pain, coordination and cns control goes... So I'm playing around with it. Do u have more thoughts on it?
Any way you can get some electrolytes in your intraworkout drink?

dsohei

Awards
(this is more for my thought organization than anything...)
what about adding magnesium glycinate post workout?
would there be benefits to adding any of the following products:
Bulk 1-carboxy-2-amino- 3-pyrobenzol (3,4 diol)
PureCAMP-95
SuperSaponins
Bulk Super Cissus RX
NA-RALA
Life Extension Decaffeinated Mega Green Tea Extract 98% Polyphenols/EGCG
Focus Dirt
P-Slin