Focus XT

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tried it? Give me your thoughts.

Going to be studying for the GMAT soon. Decently good test taker, but looking to do exceptionally well, and gaining an edge would be of benefit. If you have tried it, let me know what you thought. If you used it with something else, please mention this as well. Also mention your dosing schedule and if you used Caffeine Free to standard.

Appreciate you taking the time.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think James or Coop both could give their thoughts as I'm sure they both have used for study sessions. I'm interested in the new caffeine free version myself.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've used it with clen, and ephedrine (seperate, not both with fxt) as well as solo. Using three pink lemonade flavor now. Prob my fav flavor.

But I'm sure your looking for non rep opinions.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've used it with clen, and ephedrine (seperate, not both with fxt) as well as solo. Using three pink lemonade flavor now. Prob my fav flavor.

But I'm sure your looking for non rep opinions.
Not necessarily, I figured SNS reps would jump in with opinions and since I know most of them, I am fine with it. No need for the clen and/or ephedrine, however, since I already am prescribed a moderate dosage of adderall. Care to expand on the benefits?

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Does the adderal have a stim affect on you? I have never mixed adderal with stims for that reason. I ask because people I know prescribed don't get the stim effect. Might help you pick stim or no stim.

Naven

Awards
I've gone through a couple times of it. It's great stuff. I use it in a "contest ". It's hard to describe what I use it for but it works very well for mind body coordination. I have to reorder because it's "contest "season again and my old tubs are all gone. I don't plan to use the caffeine free version, because that saves me time of not having to add coffee or tea to the mix.

Can't say enough good things about it!

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does the adderal have a stim affect on you? I have never mixed adderal with stims for that reason. I ask because people I know prescribed don't get the stim effect. Might help you pick stim or no stim.
It is actually quite a strong stimulant, and used to effect me, however with the exception of keeping me awake, it has no where near the speedy feeling I used to associate with it when I would administer it on a non-regular basis. It seems a tolerance is easily developed, but it has been more effective for me in comparison other ADHD stimulants I have tried.

**For the record, I am diagnosed ADHD and all the ADHD medications I have tried have been prescribed on a trial basis by my Doctor. I am not permanently prescribed to Adderall. I don't recommend others experiment with these substances as they are controlled.

I am more than comfortable going with the stimulant version, and see no real reason to chose the non-caffeinated version. I merely asked so that I had a basis to compare the reviews provided by others. I personally utilize alot of stimulants. My comment towards jbry was merely stating I wouldn't choose excessive stimulant usage along side it.

I've gone through a couple times of it. It's great stuff. I use it in a "contest ". It's hard to describe what I use it for but it works very well for mind body coordination. I have to reorder because it's "contest "season again and my old tubs are all gone. I don't plan to use the caffeine free version, because that saves me time of not having to add coffee or tea to the mix.

Can't say enough good things about it!
Thank you for your comments. I definitely understand the mind-body connection and it is one of the reasons I actually highly recommend ALCAR for many lifters. Unfortunately, if it doesn't add 20lbs in 4 weeks, most don't care.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Studying for the LSAT and I use d serine, Glucuronolactone, Alcar, DAA, and piracetam. Does a mind good!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards

Going to be studying for the GMAT soon. Decently good test taker, but looking to do exceptionally well, and gaining an edge would be of benefit. If you have tried it, let me know what you thought. If you used it with something else, please mention this as well. Also mention your dosing schedule and if you used Caffeine Free to standard.

I have used it for the toughest of Engineering classes I have had, and the Caffeine-Including one has helped me pull smooth and relaxed all nighters to understand (and sometimes learn...) it all at the end of the semester. I have also done the DAA+Focus-XT+Extra ALCAR (Taken previously in the day) and I have been able to understand the relationship between angular momentum and coreolic components of force when analyzing a moving object in general plane motion with a Non-Static Coordinate System.

I plan on using it for the FE exam too, but actually gearing more for the Caffeine Free for study sessions. Though the Caffeine one is excellent for Drs. that are are literal dinosaurs and have been teaching since ancient times and just talk for 4 hours...(I call them Valiums) keeps you awake, focused and relaxed no matter what kinda crazy talk they are mentioning in their lectures.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Studying for the LSAT and I use d serine, Glucuronolactone, Alcar, DAA, and piracetam. Does a mind good!

Nice. I actually previously did the LSAT, but a shift in career focus lead me in another direction. Scored a 168

I have used it for the toughest of Engineering classes I have had, and the Caffeine-Including one has helped me pull smooth and relaxed all nighters to understand (and sometimes learn...) it all at the end of the semester. I have also done the DAA+Focus-XT+Extra ALCAR (Taken previously in the day) and I have been able to understand the relationship between angular momentum and coreolic components of force when analyzing a moving object in general plane motion with a Non-Static Coordinate System.

I plan on using it for the FE exam too, but actually gearing more for the Caffeine Free for study sessions. Though the Caffeine one is excellent for Drs. that are are literal dinosaurs and have been teaching since ancient times and just talk for 4 hours...(I call them Valiums) keeps you awake, focused and relaxed no matter what kinda crazy talk they are mentioning in their lectures.

Sounds good, thanks for the info. I always figured all engineering professors were dinosaurs...lol

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Nice. I actually previously did the LSAT, but a shift in career focus lead me in another direction. Scored a 168

Sounds good, thanks for the info. I always figured all engineering professors were dinosaurs...lol
My Polymer Science Lab Professor is quite the hootie actually...I'll snap a pic of her and post it up some day here so you see her ;) 25 single and with a masters already <3!! Hot and Smart! (If she only went to the gym...)

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I used Focus XT quite often while I was in college. 30-35 minutes before any session. I noticed a night/day difference compared to not using it. It can become a little addicting. The flavors are all excellent.

I have not tried the new stim-free version.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used Focus XT quite often while I was in college. 30-35 minutes before any session. I noticed a night/day difference compared to not using it. It can become a little addicting. The flavors are all excellent.

I have not tried the new stim-free version.
Thank you. I placed an order for some, we shall see how it goes. Ideally I would like to use this as the foundation to a more advanced nootropic stack, but I have some more research to do first.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is actually quite a strong stimulant, and used to effect me, however with the exception of keeping me awake, it has no where near the speedy feeling I used to associate with it when I would administer it on a non-regular basis. It seems a tolerance is easily developed, but it has been more effective for me in comparison other ADHD stimulants I have tried.

**For the record, I am diagnosed ADHD and all the ADHD medications I have tried have been prescribed on a trial basis by my Doctor. I am not permanently prescribed to Adderall. I don't recommend others experiment with these substances as they are controlled.

I am more than comfortable going with the stimulant version, and see no real reason to chose the non-caffeinated version. I merely asked so that I had a basis to compare the reviews provided by others. I personally utilize alot of stimulants. My comment towards jbry was merely stating I wouldn't choose excessive stimulant usage along side it.

Thank you for your comments. I definitely understand the mind-body connection and it is one of the reasons I actually highly recommend ALCAR for many lifters. Unfortunately, if it doesn't add 20lbs in 4 weeks, most don't care.
I am also diagnosed ADHD, and have used both rittalin (sp) and adderal, both of which did not give me any still effect, ever.
Now, clen, ephedrine, I get wired. Focus xt is good for me solo with 2 scoops.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I used Focus XT pre-MCAT. If I were you, I'd do the following daily (daily is the key):

Upon rising or Pre-Studying:

1 scoop Focus XT/Caff-Free Focus XT
1.5g Aniracetam

Repeat later in the day.

If you want to get fancy, you can add noopept or sulbutiamine to the stack.

I think the most important question is: how is the material? Memory/recall? Logic? Sharpness/acuity?

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Coop - Just sent you a PM. For whatever reason this thread would not show up to me, so I contacted you that way. Feel free to answer in PM or in this thread

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
I used Focus XT pre-MCAT. If I were you, I'd do the following daily (daily is the key):

Upon rising or Pre-Studying:

1 scoop Focus XT/Caff-Free Focus XT
1.5g Aniracetam

Repeat later in the day.

If you want to get fancy, you can add noopept or sulbutiamine to the stack.

I think the most important question is: how is the material? Memory/recall? Logic? Sharpness/acuity?
So your saying take 3g of aniracetam? :D

On another note,

I am currently taking Organic chem and a Biomedical Class, I've used caffeinated FXT for about ~4 months (1 month break). During summer i was starting to get into studying for the MCAT, but work and the gym were taking most of my day and i was exhausted. I'm currently in college and just started taking caffeinated FXT 2 days before the first day of school. Then memory retention is quite noticeable, and it seems like it made my O-chem and BMS class really interesting. Making mental notes on top of notes on paper, all in all being creative. I am currently on 1 scoop throughout the day and im really thinking i should bump it up a notch to 2 scoops. The pink lemonade is delicious and it gets you in the "zone", even if you get use to the initial effects.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Thank you. I placed an order for some, we shall see how it goes. Ideally I would like to use this as the foundation to a more advanced nootropic stack, but I have some more research to do first.
Focus XT is good stuff. I think it makes a great foundation for added nootropics. I recently bought some Piracetum and Choline to stack it with.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Focus XT is good stuff. I think it makes a great foundation for added nootropics. I recently bought some Piracetum and Choline to stack it with.
I'm gonna use it to experiment with Aniracetam...and prolly more good stuff once I read more about noots. I'm gonna need it anyway, Engineering just got interesting again...

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
I'm gonna use it to experiment with Aniracetam...and prolly more good stuff once I read more about noots. I'm gonna need it anyway, Engineering just got interesting again...
Trying out the different combos is half the fun anyway!

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Just noticed the new signature. Congrats man! SNS is lucky to have you!

Edit: Now send me some FXT!

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
Hey man, right now im doing FXT and aniracetam, the memory retention is noticable, the memory recall is substantial.

EDIT: I knew there was something different.. Congratz on the rep side!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Just noticed the new signature. Congrats man! SNS is lucky to have you!

Edit: Now send me some FXT!
Hey man, right now im doing FXT and aniracetam, the memory retention is noticable, the memory recall is substantial.

EDIT: I knew there was something different.. Congratz on the rep side!
Thanks brothers! And thanks for the feedback on the Focus Xt and aniracetam Bamski :) I might try it sooner rather than later! Senior year is tough :D!

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Here to study - i would be glad to bag up several scoops of Cotton Candy and send them to you

Austinmck17

Austinmck17

Awards
Still in undergrad but have been using FXT and piracetam to help me on study sessions. works :). Next year I will be taking my MCAT which I do not look forward too lol. How did you guys do on it? Also, what med school are you guys attending

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Here to study - i would be glad to bag up several scoops of Cotton Candy and send them to you
Ziploc samples are the best! Always sent with extra love...

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not to derail this but anyone use phenylpiracetam?

RipdnTxs

Awards
  • Established
I have the caffiene version (pink lemonade), the taste is excellent. I have tried it three different times and felt the effects in about 15 minutes or less, I feel awake, sharp, and just really in a great mood for about 1-2 hours and then get Very sleepy. I have taken a nap or went to bed early on the days I have tried it. I will stick to Ani/AKG mix for now, some days this combo makes me sleepy feeling as well. I may try them all together on one of my off days to see how I react to the combo....

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I found almost instant focus when I took some pre-workout. Since my brother is a little tight on funds (just bought a house) he hasn't had the supplement budget that he used to. Being a good brother.....I hooked him up with a tub of focus xt. He was like..wow this stuff really works. Since then hes been a pretty big SNS enthusiast. As far as caffeine version goes, I have a tub sitting next to me but I haven't torn into it yet. I cannot comment on it.

Good luck on the GMAT. Focus XT+Alcar for the win?

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I notice a pretty profound effect on memory recall/speed when using Focus XT regularly for school use.

Typically dose 1 scoop per day, but now been doing caffeine-free for early AM class fasted, and then regular Focus XT as my pre-wo.

Plan to add in some piracetam when exams come around.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In 2 scenarios i've found Focus XT to perform very well.

First with lifting, combine 1 scoop Focus XT (caffeine) with 2g ALCAR... amazing workouts. Simply dialed in, no distractions, amazing mind muscle connection.

Second with study sessions and test taking; 1 scoop Focus XT (caffeine), 25mg Ephedrine, 1g ALCAR... great retention, great focus, mind becomes very clear and vivid. I've had some of my best scores with that simple 3 ingredient combination.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
I bagged some about 1.5 hrs ago and my kitchen still smells like Cotton Candy:)
That's the only flavor I haven't tried and the one I hear is the best. They are all pretty darn good though, especially when you consider how hard it is to cover up the ALCAR taste.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
That's the only flavor I haven't tried and the one I hear is the best. They are all pretty darn good though, especially when you consider how hard it is to cover up the ALCAR taste.
I love Pink Lemonade...just never listen to bdcc about Focus-XT.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Over the course if my last two tubs of it, its definitely become my favorite. Even better than blue raspberry and pink lemonade.

Although pink lemonade + rockstar is incredible

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
New fruit punch > all

3utcher

3utcher

Awards
Focus XT is good for focus (obvs) and enhancing both short term and long term memory.
This kinda surprised me. It provides a very calm energy, wich is great.

One downside is the crash (I've never see someone mention it on the forums, but it's pretty hard for me) , the only solution I've found is to put 2scoops in ±750mL of water and drink it through the day.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I grabbed Pina Colada.. Never hear it mentioned as best, but I got it really cheap. Pink Lemonade might be next.
Keep us posted John, I hope (and am sure) you'll enjoy it!

steppinRazor

Awards
I grabbed Pina Colada.. Never hear it mentioned as best, but I got it really cheap. Pink Lemonade might be next.
Did you get og or caffeine free?
would def like to hear your feedback after a study session. Thinking about picking some up for this semester

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like Pina Colada....its very refreshing when its chilled.;)

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Its really good. I drink it ocassionally simply because its tastey.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Focus XT is good for focus (obvs) and enhancing both short term and long term memory.
This kinda surprised me. It provides a very calm energy, wich is great.

One downside is the crash (I've never see someone mention it on the forums, but it's pretty hard for me) , the only solution I've found is to put 2scoops in ±750mL of water and drink it through the day.
This is the first I've seen mention of a crash as well, are you stim sensitive at all?

3utcher

3utcher

Awards
This is the first I've seen mention of a crash as well, are you stim sensitive at all?
Clearly no, I remember using 400-600mg of caffeine daily at the times I used it. (in april 2011 and from march to may 2012)

I've used up to 3cc of CSC + 1.5 sc Mesomorph, so I'm not that stim sensitive.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gave a guy a scoop before our meeting and prowler work out, he said he's never been so focused during meetings. He's hooked and wants to buy some. Lol.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Really? One of the reasons I didn't order any of the stim-free FXT was because I was hoping for more flavors to be released. Interdasting.....
I'm not exaggerating at all. I like the flavor so much that I take a caffeine tab + 1 scoop stim-free Focus XT rather than simply taking a scoop of caffeinated Focus XT :D.