Modafinil (Provigil)

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    996ttelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    430
    Answers
    0


    Haha, it's not meant to a drug or or a pre-workout. If you wanna get cranked or cracked out, smoke crack and stop messing with pharmaceuticals for off label uses. If you seriously need Nuvigil to use as indicated for a label use, then take Nuvigil. Off label use and abuse just makes stuff like this less accessible to those that really need it.

  2. Registered User
    TruthWalker's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    289
    Answers
    0


    I just started using Adfrafinil. This stuff is great. Just takes a little longer to kick in since it has to undergo conversion to Modafinil. As far as athletic performance goes, I think this may be indicative of its potential to be a great addition to your supplement regimen:

    "Modafinil has been shown to prolong exercise time to exhaustion while performing at 85% of VO2max and also reduces the perception of effort required to maintain this threshold.[96]" From Wiki.

    Cheers!
  3. Registered User
    ahh123's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    418
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by TruthWalker View Post
    I just started using Adfrafinil. This stuff is great. Just takes a little longer to kick in since it has to undergo conversion to Modafinil. As far as athletic performance goes, I think this may be indicative of its potential to be a great addition to your supplement regimen:

    "Modafinil has been shown to prolong exercise time to exhaustion while performing at 85% of VO2max and also reduces the perception of effort required to maintain this threshold.[96]" From Wiki.

    Cheers!
    Adrafinil proven to cause severe liver damage so I'd stay away from using it for recreational stuff - at least switch to generic modafinil or armodafinil since once you destroy your liver you'll pretty much destroy your body.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    TruthWalker's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    289
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ahh123 View Post
    Adrafinil proven to cause severe liver damage so I'd stay away from using it for recreational stuff - at least switch to generic modafinil or armodafinil since once you destroy your liver you'll pretty much destroy your body.
    True, it can cause liver damage, but that is not the case for everyone. As long as you are smart about it and have liver values checked every 3 months or so you should be fine. I doubt its any more harmful for your liver than oral PH/DS. However, I will be switching to generic modafinil within the next 3 months regardless, so I think with a measured approach to usage and liver support I will be fine. I myself use it for controlling ADD at work, not for recreational purposes, it just happens that I work out in the middle of the day so its a side benefit.
  5. Registered User
    12STEP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    345
    Answers
    0


    Used nuvigil for a while. got the 300mg tabs and would cut them in half. To me not a good preworkout more of a mental clarity thing than anything else . after a few days of use I start clenching my teeth and have bad anxiety. Listen to the side affect warning sounds like could be harmful to liver and possibly addictive. I decided I could do better with cafeine and yohimbe or dmaa or ephedrine. the anxiety from nuvigil became unberable.
  6. Registered User
    svida's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  206 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    110
    Answers
    0


    I would go 2 days on, 1 day off, or 3 on/2 off, etc. I just took about 2 weeks off of using Nuvigil while on vacation, and it seems to reduce my tolerance significantly. I've also find that Nuvigil seems to give me a thermo effect similar to fat burners, and I sweat alot more than usual. Be careful if you are going to use it as a pre-workout supplement. I wouldn't rely on prescription meds for anything related to my fitness routine, especially this type of med. Take note that there is a dopamine release and feel-good sensation about an hour after taking a dose, and it can be addictive mentally though I've never had a problem.
  7. Registered User
    manstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    187
    Answers
    0


    I would not use modafinil for working out. If you really need help staying awake with your shift related sleepiness or narcolepsy, I could see someone taking some upon waking and doing a morning workout. Modafinil gets me pretty juiced but I prefer studying and talking a ****load while taking it.
  8. Registered User
    jasperjyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1
    Answers
    0


    Modafinil is a stimulant that keeps you awake and puts off the need for sleep. It has legitimate medical uses and is also used as a "lifestyle"
  9. Registered User
    Dr.Veritas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    306
    Answers
    0


    I had some access to clinical samples, it was designed for truck drivers and airplane pilots. Initially designed in aiding with all nighters and sleep deprived, individuals. The feel was quite powerful and long lasting, but did little in terms of focus. Although some like to compare provigil with ADD medications i.e. Adderall, Vyvanse, it felt much less intense than your standard D/L- amphetamine based medications.
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    Completely FREE samples of PowerMax ​available exclusively on our website
  10. Registered User
    TruthWalker's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    289
    Answers
    0

    Modafinil - low doses for cardio?


    I like to use Modafinil (I have since stopped using Adrafinil, as I can now reliably get Modafinil) a couple of hours before engaging in exercise due to the fact that it gives me more of a mental edge that tells me I can keep going, and allows me to push beyond my normal limits, especially in cardio. When I am doing long distance running, I can definitely notice an ability to push myself beyond whatever stopping point I mentally set.

    "Modafinil has been shown to prolong exercise time to exhaustion while performing at 85% of VO2max and also reduces the perception of effort required to maintain this threshold." [ Jacobs I, Bell DG (2004). "Effects of acute modafinil ingestion on exercise time to exhaustion". Med Sci Sports Exerc 36 (6): 10781082. doi:10.1249/01.MSS.0000128146.12004.4F. PMID 15179180. ]
  11. Registered User
    Sterling Arch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    45
    Answers
    0


    If you search more online you could even find them for cheaper. Also dem silky roads sell them also
  12. Registered User
    TruthWalker's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    289
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Sterling Arch View Post
    If you search more online you could even find them for cheaper. Also dem silky roads sell them also
    Trust me, I get it cheaper than you would believe. Around 70 cents each.
  13. Registered User
    mtinsideout's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,321
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by TruthWalker View Post
    Trust me, I get it cheaper than you would believe. Around 70 cents each.
    Lol have fun converting to bitcoins and risk getting your packages seized by the DEA.
    Follow me on my log to life and lift: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229476-mtinsideouts-log-life.html
  14. Registered User
    Sterling Arch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    45
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mtinsideout View Post
    Lol have fun converting to bitcoins and risk getting your packages seized by the DEA.
    Ummmm...idk if you know how much drugs gets shipped in the mail. Steroids, GH, even some insulin (zzz) that need prescription, heroin, cocaine, meth, crack, weed, ...I think you get the point. Pills rarely get caught. Weed smells and it gets in 100+ degrees in the shipping rooms and airplanes so they'll smell and get caught but the rest go by pretty easily. Not to mention all the packages from ebay that are being shipped from china that look like drug dealing packages and they are just packed with iphone charger cables.
  15. Registered User
    TruthWalker's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    289
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mtinsideout View Post
    Lol have fun converting to bitcoins and risk getting your packages seized by the DEA.
    I will not give out sources under any circumstances, so please don't bother PMing me....But I will never have to worry about seized packages, or having to convert to bitcoins...and no, i don't use any underground TOR/Silk Road vendors. /END of that part of this discussion...this topic is about the use of modafinil as a supplement to enhance workouts, and I find it very effective. Plus, if you combine it with 10-20mg of Noopept, the mental clarity is quite astounding as well.
  16. Registered User
    mtinsideout's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,321
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Sterling Arch View Post
    Ummmm...idk if you know how much drugs gets shipped in the mail. Steroids, GH, even some insulin (zzz) that need prescription, heroin, cocaine, meth, crack, weed, ...I think you get the point. Pills rarely get caught. Weed smells and it gets in 100+ degrees in the shipping rooms and airplanes so they'll smell and get caught but the rest go by pretty easily. Not to mention all the packages from ebay that are being shipped from china that look like drug dealing packages and they are just packed with iphone charger cables.
    I'm very much aware but you need to realize all the moda people order online comes from India and the DEA is cracking down on packages coming from there. More and more big pharma is urging action to stop these imports so they can profit.
    Follow me on my log to life and lift: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229476-mtinsideouts-log-life.html
  17. Registered User
    mtinsideout's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,321
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by TruthWalker View Post
    I will not give out sources under any circumstances, so please don't bother PMing me....But I will never have to worry about seized packages, or having to convert to bitcoins...and no, i don't use any underground TOR/Silk Road vendors. /END of that part of this discussion...this topic is about the use of modafinil as a supplement to enhance workouts, and I find it very effective. Plus, if you combine it with 10-20mg of Noopept, the mental clarity is quite astounding as well.
    I know what reddit is so I'm good on sources thanks. Also using moda as a workout supp really isn't all that beneficial because it isn't something you can use consistently otherwise you build a tolerance. Maybe if you're an athlete and have a big game or event coming up but thats really about it, the typical gym goer won't see much benefit.
    Follow me on my log to life and lift: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229476-mtinsideouts-log-life.html
  18. Registered User
    Colbert's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    801
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mtinsideout View Post
    I'm very much aware but you need to realize all the moda people order online comes from India and the DEA is cracking down on packages coming from there. More and more big pharma is urging action to stop these imports so they can profit.
    You are correct on that but the word wide web is growing and people are shopping online more and more and there is no way to truly crack down on them.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    http://www.orbitnutrition.com
  19. Registered User
    mtinsideout's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,321
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert View Post
    You are correct on that but the word wide web is growing and people are shopping online more and more and there is no way to truly crack down on them.
    I agree it'll never completely stop but it will really suck a$$ to pay a $100+ for something and have it get seized lol.
    Follow me on my log to life and lift: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229476-mtinsideouts-log-life.html
  20. Registered User
    TruthWalker's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    289
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mtinsideout View Post
    I agree it'll never completely stop but it will really suck a$$ to pay a $100+ for something and have it get seized lol.
    Yeah this is true and you do make some good points. Also, the source comments were not directed at you, they were more of a CMA statement, and to keep other people from messaging me There is always the possibility of a package being seized. I always keep my orders small, under $100. Its still a risk either way.

    Sidenote, I also have ADD, am a grad student, and hate Adderall. I use the modafinil for ADD purposes, the athletic benefits are just a bonus for me.
  21. Registered User
    mtinsideout's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,321
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by TruthWalker View Post
    Yeah this is true and you do make some good points. Also, the source comments were not directed at you, they were more of a CMA statement, and to keep other people from messaging me There is always the possibility of a package being seized. I always keep my orders small, under $100. Its still a risk either way.

    Sidenote, I also have ADD, am a grad student, and hate Adderall. I use the modafinil for ADD purposes, the athletic benefits are just a bonus for me.
    Sorry took that post out of context lol... I think you can actually get a script for moda if you're using to help treat ADD. You should really talk to a doc about it and see if they can help you out. Insurance should cover at least a portion of it.
    Follow me on my log to life and lift: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229476-mtinsideouts-log-life.html
  22. Registered User
    TruthWalker's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    289
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mtinsideout View Post
    Sorry took that post out of context lol... I think you can actually get a script for moda if you're using to help treat ADD. You should really talk to a doc about it and see if they can help you out. Insurance should cover at least a portion of it.
    Yeah, I have gotten one before, well for Nuvigil. Unforunately, even the generic for Provigil is ridiculously expensive (like $200/month) and I have one of those just absolutely wonderful policies that has a super high deductible where they cover 0% until the deductible is met :-\
  23. Registered User
    mtinsideout's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,321
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by TruthWalker View Post
    Yeah, I have gotten one before, well for Nuvigil. Unforunately, even the generic for Provigil is ridiculously expensive (like $200/month) and I have one of those just absolutely wonderful policies that has a super high deductible where they cover 0% until the deductible is met :-\
    Damn that sucks man... Yea even people who have scripts order from these sites basically because the pharmaceutical companies are pricing the stuff to high for people to afford and insurance doesn't want to pay it so they'll find any reason they can to argue against your need for it.
    Follow me on my log to life and lift: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229476-mtinsideouts-log-life.html
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Provigil (Modafinil)
    By jdev in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-15-2008, 06:26 PM
  2. Provigil/Meridia/Rimonobant?
    By Mitosis in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-23-2007, 04:58 AM
  3. 2nd Superdrol Cycle / Provigil (Modafinil)
    By POTR33 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-29-2006, 11:37 AM
  4. Oral recipe for Modafinil?
    By asap nutrition in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 12:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in