Good recomp

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem View Post
    thanks but I need more details about this. all of them in fact. this seems more complicated than I thought.

Geez...everyone here has provided more than enough information. It's as simple or as complicated as you want to make. Don't eat for 16 hours followed by eating within an eight hour window whilst in cal defecit. Simples ;-)

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.55%

actually. I'd like someone to list the various protocols of fasting, what are they used for and for how long they can be mantained, thanks.
    there are 3 versions:

alternate day fasting(ADF): 24 hours eating/24 hour fast repeat
    eat stop eat: one or two 24 hour fasts per week on nonconsecutive days (basically a less aggressive alternate day fast)
    intermittent fasting(IF): train fasted, have your biggest meal post workout and you have an eating window 4-8 hours long.

what to eat during a fast? stimulants, water, fiber, anything with no calories. you can toss in some vegetables when you first start to make it easier, just dont cook them with butter or something, that defeats the point of fasting.

what are they used for? all of them are used for burning fat. you can toss in a day or two of fasting per week on a bulk and turn it into a lean bulk. how long can they be used for? forever, the secret is that as long as your still hitting decent macros in IF you can maintain your metabolism. with ADF, you reset your metabolism every other day when you eat so your metabolism never slows. you can get down to pretty low bodyfat by using these methods, with ADF fat loss of 2lbs per week is very much doable without losing muscle. your weight will zig zag tho from a lack of carbs on fast day and you will lose a lot of water weight. if you dont eat enough carbs on your eat day you may start to look flat after some time, but all you have to do is skip a fasting day (eat 3 days in a row) and you get a glycogen supercompensation effect so u look even bigger.
    CELTIC LABS REP
  3. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.43%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tnubs

BCAAs are converted to glucose and cause a small insulin spike. I'd personally keep them out of any fasted period. Even preworkout I'd stay totally fasted if following intermittent fasting. And I'd tighten the feeding period to 4 hours, it works a lot better. alternate day fasting has been far superior in my experience. You have two distinct periods: fat loss and muscle gain so both become much more efficient. I love fasted training but eating both before and after training allows for a more productive anabolic period. Alternate day fasting gets my vote every time but you only get 7 training days every 2 weeks which some people have a problem with (my gf lifts 6 days a week)
    Leucine and lysine are ketogenic not glucogenic

Leucine only stimulates insulin response in presence of carbohydrate
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Furthermore everything cause a slight release of insulin. However, how much & for how long is different story.

Ppl sometimes "nit-pick" over tiny issues, IMO.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.96%

So would you guys recommend to utilize BCAAs for fasted cardio or not? Confused :/
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.32%

mm... I think Intermittent fasting mught be the thing for me. however, I train in the evening, whether it's weights or cardio. any suggestions?
    Biotivia Pro Max Phase 2 Supplement Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/200246-biotivia-pro-max.html
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.8%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I fast but don't enjoy training fasted, and I also train in the evening. I usually sandwich two big meals around my workout (see what I did there?) and fast the rest of the day. I want to emphasize how NOT strict I am on protocol, though. Martin has some meal protocols for training during the eating period on the website.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.96%

It is recommended to train in the evening for IF.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.32%

good. so I can train during the hours of non-fasting. what am I supposed to eat?
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/200246-biotivia-pro-max.html
  10. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.43%

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
    mm... I think Intermittent fasting mught be the thing for me. however, I train in the evening, whether it's weights or cardio. any suggestions?
    Light small meals 200-300 cals (2of them leading up to workout) then 1 huge meal pre bed

For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.32%

Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    Light small meals 200-300 cals (2of them leading up to workout) then 1 huge meal pre bed
    in 8 hours? what about lunch, considering that in order to have the post-workout meal I'll have to start at, like, 14?
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.96%

in 8 hours? what about lunch, considering that in order to have the post-workout meal I'll have to start at, like, 14?
    No offense man, but you found a 14 page book, that has all the information you are asking, why not just read it?
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.32%

I'd rather ask someone who has done it than read an informative" pamphlet that looks like scam.
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.55%

Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    Leucine and lysine are ketogenic not glucogenic

Leucine only stimulates insulin response in presence of carbohydrate
    Hmm, maybe I was mistaken. I've been looking around google, found the study showing a response with carbs. Really, just about all of the studies are in the presence of carbs except this one. Its from 1972, so its not the most recent study but idk lol...

http://content.karger.com/ProdukteDB...asp?Doi=178253

from the abstract, I cant see the whole thing: "When tested in a glucose-free medium, L-leucine stimulated insulin release over a wide concentration range with maximum effect at about 20 mM. The stimulation of insulin release was additive to that elicited by 10 mM glucose."

CELTIC LABS REP
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.55%

I'd rather ask someone who has done it than read an informative" pamphlet that looks like scam.
    if you go to the leangains site, he explains a lot of it and he has nothing to gain by you trying his method so i dont understand how it would be a scam? if it was, i dont think he would post so many studies. on his fb fan page he posts up new studies all the time, hes a good guy to look at to gain a grasp of fasting and all the scientific modalities behind it.
    CELTIC LABS REP
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.96%

It is literally the book and the approach, from the man that "invented" this approach, with as much specific information possible, the same guide that was used by most of people who follow his diet to create their meal plans. How is that not going to be informative and is a scam? Seriously. You would rather listen to 2nd, 3rd tier peers than the CREATOR of the diet plan? Really?
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.32%

peers that got it to work? yes
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.96%

That's like asking purple belts who have won a couple of street brawls instead of Reylson Gracie for jiu jitsu lessons.
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.32%

whatever, I think I will open a new thread about fasting/eating. I wonder what supps would help me with fasting.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.96%

Be my guest, I doubt there will be many out there just looking to spoon feed you with a ready to go meal plan and supplementation plan when you are clearly just not wanting to do the research on your own.

But like I said, best of luck to ya.
  21. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.36%

whatever, I think I will open a new thread about fasting/eating. I wonder what supps would help me with fasting.
    Your lack of common courtesy and appreciation for the help that has been offered astounds me. You refuse to do your own research and refuse to take the advice of those you have asked....absolutely baffling. Good luck to you....after this post, I for one will not be responding to any of your threads or posts.
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.64%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  23. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.32%

Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    Be my guest, I doubt there will be many out there just looking to spoon feed you with a ready to go meal plan and supplementation plan when you are clearly just not wanting to do the research on your own.

But like I said, best of luck to ya.
    no one is looking to be spoon fed. made a proposition and ask for feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by saggy321 View Post
    Your lack of common courtesy and appreciation for the help that has been offered astounds me. You refuse to do your own research and refuse to take the advice of those you have asked....absolutely baffling. Good luck to you....after this post, I for one will not be responding to any of your threads or posts.
    4 messages in 6 pages. I have shown appreciation and did the research. ah well. perhaps you fail to understand that one is hungry for more info.

Besides, this thread has derailed from being opiniona about supplementation to dieting. I was trying to get that back on track AND make a new one for diet-only.
  24. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.32%

then again, if you feel offended it was not my intention. It's just the fervor for understanding something so new and radical for me.
    HAppy new year.
  25. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.36%

If you didn't intend offense then none taken. I got the impression that you were deliberately being obtuse. At least three posters had explained the various IF protocols, including their scientific basis, with links to websites and PDFs, which explain the method in minute detail. But seemingly you disregarded all of this. You may not be aware of this, but there is lenghtly thread on IF'ing started I think by MrKleen that covers pretty much everything; I would search for that before beginning a new thread.

Happy new year to you too and all the best for 2013, a year of IF'ing! ;-)
  26. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.32%

sighhhhhh don't make me think of this diet already for which I have ALREADY met the opposition of my parents... ah well.
  27. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.55%

Re: Good recomp

sighhhhhh don't make me think of this diet already for which I have ALREADY met the opposition of my parents... ah well.

Your parents don't want you to fast? How old are you(SRS question)?
    CELTIC LABS REP
  28. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.43%

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
    So don't tell them? If you goto school jut tell them you ate there. But they should have no say in your health and fitness goals since they probably don't eat right anyway

29. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.32%

Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    Your parents don't want you to fast? How old are you(SRS question)?
    24... but we're italian so they like to be "ever-present" (read: ever-snooping in everything).
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.55%

24... but we're italian so they like to be "ever-present" (read: ever-snooping in everything).
    I feel you on that, were the same age and my parents try to keep up with my life as well. They didnt understand fasting so I printed off a bunch of studies and gave it to them. They havnt questioned me since They also cant argue with results.
    CELTIC LABS REP
  31. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.32%

do you think anabolic pump could help in the carb-eating part of leangains? or something similar to that which works?
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.55%

do you think anabolic pump could help in the carb-eating part of leangains? or something similar to that which works?
    if it helps in a typical diet, it will help in a fasting diet, but you dont need it. fasting itself will increase insulin sensitivity.
    CELTIC LABS REP
  33. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.32%

Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    if it helps in a typical diet, it will help in a fasting diet, but you dont need it. fasting itself will increase insulin sensitivity.
    really? fasting for 16hours will make me more sensitive to whatever I eat?
  34. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.55%

really? fasting for 16hours will make me more sensitive to whatever I eat?
    yep
    CELTIC LABS REP
  35. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.32%

then I guess I really don't need AP. what else could I take?
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.55%

then I guess I really don't need AP. what else could I take?
    I find most any fat burner will work better in the fasted state, stim or non stim.

Albuterol, alphamine, DCP, Vanillean, etc..
    CELTIC LABS REP
  37. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.32%

what about those by gaspari and bsn?
  38. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.55%

Re: Good recomp

what about those by gaspari and bsn?
    Probably, idk. Rule of thumb if u want a fat burner stick to clenbuterol, albuterol, or EC stack for the best results. Coincidentally they are by far the cheapest. Or interval training cardio for free. Diet and training are the only thing that matters. Don't waste your money on supplements. Even protein u can easily get it all from diet.
    CELTIC LABS REP

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need a good recomp cycles ideas needed
    By JordyJordan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-18-2012, 11:12 PM
  2. Replies: 77
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 03:59 AM
  3. Whats a good recomp stack?
    By JassUSMC in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-04-2009, 04:02 AM