Question concerning Preworkout and my own stupidity.

bblue1099

Awards
Ok, I am 22 years old about 165lbs. I have done a few prohormones in the past and I have realized they aren't for me. Anyway to my question. Will abusing these preworkouts such as "Jack3d" or "Nitro NCG" "Superpump max" etc .. actually cause you to be more exhausted throughout your day if you never cycle them? In all honesty I have ran preworkouts for nearly 3 years now without cycling them AT ALL. I think I have become addicted to them, and I have noticed I am almost bi-polar now. I am completely happy at the start of my day, then when I take them I don't really feel any energy anymore but I feel happy. Then I slowly come down and get majorly depressed or have anxiety at night. Ha, I always say I won't take them again and I will cycle but I can never seem to do it.

Here's how bad it is. I have taken preworkouts such as jack3d and Nitro NCG EVERY SINGLE DAY for almost 3 YEARS STRAIGHT. The only break I was able to take was back in January of this year (2012.) I stopped taking them December 27th (2011) - January 13th 2012. That was my only break because I had to have knee surgery. Since that break from January 15th 2012 I have taken up to 2-3 scoops of this stuff EVERY DAY. Is this why I am so pissed all the time? Is this contributing to me having no energy what so ever? I remember when I first started lifting I was against using any supplement, I was definitely more a man then. Now I can't go a day without drinking this ****. I think I need like a year cycle now that I've abused this stuff. My CNS is probably fried ha. I can't do more than 2 sets in a exercise before my whole body just hurts like hell and I say, AH there's always tomorrow.

I have slipped ever since my break up with my girl, (yeah yeah I know that makes me a *****) But she meant a lot, and I have been looking for an escape ever since then. I even picked up smoking 3 weeks ago, so now it's worse than ever. I want to restart, go back to how I was. Build my body back up stronger than ever, without relying on all of this ****.

Any comments, opinions, or whatever is appreciated. Even flamers. I won't lie, it's hard as hell for me to cycle this **** but I know I need to.

PS I remember the first summer (3 months) That I ever tried a preworkout, I was doing Jack3d, and when I took it I literally felt tingles, I felt like GOD. No joke, it was insane. Now when I take them, I don't feel the slightest tingle, no GOD mode feeling. Just kind of happy and that's about it. I actually feel fatigued. Yes before smoking. It's only been 3 weeks on the cigs, but I have already stopped those.

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
You know what you gotta do bro. There is nothing me or anyone else can tell you.

bblue1099

Awards
Sadly.. yes I take them on days off from the gym. I don't have a day of full rest because I feel like I am missing out on gaining if I do that. I lift 3 days out of the week and the rest is all cardio and basketball. @RSNAKE21, yeah.. you're right.. I just wasn't sure if it's all in my head or if cycling this stuff really is THAT important.

kswiss

kswiss

Awards
agreed you know what uv gotta do, u have abused your pwo's your body is use to the feeling your pwo gives you and when your off you feel like ****, you can get addicted to them, just like someone that drinks soda and is addicted to caffeine just in your pwo your getting a concentrated dose of it. If i were you i would either start by trying to take maybe the same amount spread out through the day and slowly redusing the amount you take daily. Or quit cold turkey and deal with how you feel till your body can get itself back to normal.

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, man. You gotta just make the decision to move on with your life, and focus on yourself. Don't let anyone else dictate how you live. I know it's easier said than done, but that's the reality. You've got to take back control, decide what you want for your future, and move towards that goal.

Now, with your supps., I would suggest a period of time off. It sounds like you have some adrenal fatigue. Cut back the stims for a month, and you will start to recover somewhat. In the meantime, there are some solid non-stim pre-workouts out there that will certainly help with your gym-performance.

Good Luck,

David
Team APPNUT

bblue1099

Awards
Thanks a lot guys, all of the comments are much appreciated. Today is my first day off the supplements. I am expecting major headaches, but I plan to take one tylenol or something to deal with that. I also plan to drink some tea the first two days with minimal caffeine in it, then cut out all caffeine cold turkey. I guess my body is telling me to wake the hell up and allow it to reset itself. I did some research and I think you are right Drooks, I think I definitely have adrenal shutdown right now. I need to let it reset. I plan to cycle off stims for at least 6 weeks. I just ordered a pretty good non-stim called Sci-vation X-tend. I will use it instead, to at least feed the part of my brain that thinks "I have to have something!" So since it's actually a good clean supplement and is in no way bad for me, I should be good there. I also plan to cut back on the weights for the first week, and just hit cardio instead. I work nights 10pm-3am at fedex hub lifting boxes all night, so I have a lot of resting and reseting to do. But no more letting this chick get me down, I'm starting fresh, getting back into routine, and will never abuse this stuff again. Ha, I remember the days when I had written schedules for when and when not to take this stuff. Time to go back to that.

Jonbero

Jonbero

Awards
Yeah, man. You gotta just make the decision to move on with your life, and focus on yourself. Don't let anyone else dictate how you live. I know it's easier said than done, but that's the reality. You've got to take back control, decide what you want for your future, and move towards that goal.

Now, with your supps., I would suggest a period of time off. It sounds like you have some adrenal fatigue. Cut back the stims for a month, and you will start to recover somewhat. In the meantime, there are some solid non-stim pre-workouts out there that will certainly help with your gym-performance.

Good Luck,

David
Team APPNUT
What he said