Advice on SNS X-gels

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
I've been out of the gym for about 10 weeks undertaking no exercise whatsoever. I have lost a lot of muscle and strength. However I resume training in a couple of weeks and was wondering whether I would benefit at all from supplementing with x-gels immediately upon resuming training or should I leave the x-gels until 3-4 weeks into the regime once my body has adapted and is responding to the training.

Thanks,

Saghir.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would leave it until a month or two after getting back in the gym.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Warbird! Anxious to start the recom, AAv2 and X-gels stack.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would leave it until a month or two after getting back in the gym.
Great advice. It is nice to make sure you and your body are back in full mode again.

Good Luck bud.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. Other than basics any other supp that would be useful at this stage? What about Agmatine?

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. Other than basics any other supp that would be useful at this stage? What about Agmatine?
Agmatine would be fine. I would just use a good preworkout to get you back into things.

rehj

rehj

Awards
I've been out of the gym for about 10 weeks undertaking no exercise whatsoever. I have lost a lot of muscle and strength. However I resume training in a couple of weeks and was wondering whether I would benefit at all from supplementing with x-gels immediately upon resuming training or should I leave the x-gels until 3-4 weeks into the regime once my body has adapted and is responding to the training.

Thanks,

Saghir.
I'd get yourself back into the swing of things for 2-3 months and then start introducing supplements such as X-gels. ArA is a great supplement but I would hold off until your body adapts to getting back into serious weight training. A decent pre WO, the staples, and food are what you should focus on for the first 90 days.

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
Agmatine sulfate has been purported to have synergistic effects with ArA [as in X Gels].

Other things that might stack nicely from Serious Nutrition Solutions include TTA-500 [stock up on this, as it's a discontinued SKU], Leucine, PLCAR-500, and ALCAR-500.

I have some of each on hand for when I start running my X Gels! ;)

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
I have been running X-Gels as part of a bigger stack containing many of the other supplements mentioned above. I would recommend two things for you:

1. Give yourself a good 4-6 weeks of getting back in the gym lifting before starting X-Gels. You want to get your strength and stamina up as well as making sure all of your connective tissue is strong enough to support additional loads during your X-Gel cycle.

2. Pick up a good joint supplement such as Osteo-Sport and/or Cissus to use along with the X-Gels (just dose away from your X-Gels). Your joints will thank you for it.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would wait, until you get back to where you were. It should not take that long.

Mike

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. Appreciate everyone's help. I guess I'll just have to wait...:-(

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Agmatine sulfate has been purported to have synergistic effects with ArA [as in X Gels].

Other things that might stack nicely from Serious Nutrition Solutions include TTA-500 [stock up on this, as it's a discontinued SKU], Leucine, PLCAR-500, and ALCAR-500.

I have some of each on hand for when I start running my X Gels! ;)
How does Agmatine go with ArA? I've read GMS and LCLT, but haven't read about Agmatine and ArA.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
How does Agmatine go with ArA? I've read GMS and LCLT, but haven't read about Agmatine and ArA.
I've been running an X-Gels log and use 1g Agmatine along with GMS and ALCAR and I am loving it! It's been a little over two weeks and it is really starting to produce results. You should try it - you won't be sorry!

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Well, I have 2 bottles of ArA, tub of GMS, tub of ALCAR and Anavite for LCLT. I always have HemaVol on hand, so I do have some Agmatine. I was just curious how they work together. :)

Waiting to finish up my Anabeta+Erase+Endosurge stack though.

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
Well, I have 2 bottles of ArA, tub of GMS, tub of ALCAR and Anavite for LCLT. I always have HemaVol on hand, so I do have some Agmatine. I was just curious how they work together. :)

Waiting to finish up my Anabeta+Erase+Endosurge stack though.
Coop would be the one to turn to for the highly scientific answer regarding the synergy between ArA + agmatine sulfate.

Hemavol would be an incredible product to stack with X Gels, as it contains a solid dose of both GMS and agmatine - you can hardly ask for more than that. Throw it a carnitine salt [their Compete would be good for this, but I personally use ALCAR every day and as such would just use that] and you're more than set for some nice gains!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Coop would be the one to turn to for the highly scientific answer regarding the synergy between ArA + agmatine sulfate.

Hemavol would be an incredible product to stack with X Gels, as it contains a solid dose of both GMS and agmatine - you can hardly ask for more than that. Throw it a carnitine salt [their Compete would be good for this, but I personally use ALCAR every day and as such would just use that] and you're more than set for some nice gains!
I think , if I am not mistaken he could go with:

PWO:

10 caps X-gels
2 scoops Hemavol
1g LCLT
1g ALCAR

So for 2g carnitine salts , 1g agmatine and enough ArA. I am just guessing but I myself would run it that way.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards

PWO:

10 caps X-gels
2 scoops Hemavol
1g LCLT
1g ALCAR

So for 2g carnitine salts , 1g agmatine and enough ArA. I am just guessing but I myself would run it that way.
I will raise you 10 X-Gels and 1 TTA-500....and 1g of calcium.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
The gram of calcium is only required of he is having a high Zinc diet, if not its not needed to block it.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
The gram of calcium is only required of he is having a high Zinc diet, if not its not needed to block it.
True, but it certainly doesn't hurt and there are lots of sources of zinc out there. Some people just won't give up their OT and other supps that contain extra zinc. For me the calcium is worthwhile with the 20 X-Gel dose. Certainly the cheapest piece of the stack!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
True, but it certainly doesn't hurt and there are lots of sources of zinc out there. Some people just won't give up their OT and other supps that contain extra zinc. For me the calcium is worthwhile with the 20 X-Gel dose. Certainly the cheapest piece of the stack!
True, I am not on a multi , or powdered food or anything either so I just don't worry about it. I woulds say to add 3 scoops of GlycerGrow to that anyway...a bit more GMS wouldn't hurt.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
True, I am not on a multi , or powdered food or anything either so I just don't worry about it. I woulds say to add 3 scoops of GlycerGrow to that anyway...a bit more GMS wouldn't hurt.
I'm doing exactly that and using Clout in lieu of Hemavol since it also has ALCAR.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I'm doing exactly that and using Clout in lieu of Hemavol since it also has ALCAR.
That sounds like a recipe for success.

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established

PWO:

10 caps X-gels
2 scoops Hemavol
1g LCLT
1g ALCAR

That looks excellent to my eye.

Wade approved! :D

This also has my blessing. :p

I am generally against vitamin C in a periworkout context, as per the teachings of Coop, but it makes sense in this context.

While not absolutely necessary unless he has several other zinc sources throughout his daily diet and/or supplement regimen, it's a cheap bit of insurance when combined with higher doses of X Gels, especially if he's taking a multi or consuming zinc-rich whole foods.

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
Great minds must think alike, I've been doing the same thing when using X Gels.

Clout is one of the greatest all-in-one formulations available, IMHO.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Great minds must think alike, I've been doing the same thing when using X Gels.

Clout is one of the greatest all-in-one formulations available, IMHO.
This was my first tub of Clout and I really dig it. That's not to say Hemavol isn't awesome too, but in this particular case Clout works better for me since I can get my GMS and Agmatine from other sources. I am burning through my Agmatine though lifting 5 times per week now. I need SNS to run a promo for one of those 100g tubs of Agmatine soon!

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established