sleep aids

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
I know theres a few out there... zma, GABA, melatonin, a lb of turkey breast... just wondering if i could get opinions. On what can help keep me asleep.

On a normal dayshift work schedule ill wake up about 7 times throughout 8 hours. I just got moved to nights. Got a solid hour last night and maybe 2 today. I just came off cycle... i am using cortisol control and such but i don't think that'll help me out much with no sleep.

Any opinions or advice or anything?

uvawahoowa

Awards
I know theres a few out there... zma, GABA, melatonin, a lb of turkey breast... just wondering if i could get opinions. On what can help keep me asleep.

On a normal dayshift work schedule ill wake up about 7 times throughout 8 hours. I just got moved to nights. Got a solid hour last night and maybe 2 today. I just came off cycle... i am using cortisol control and such but i don't think that'll help me out much with no sleep.

I don't have experience with coming off cycle but there have been good reports with intimidate helping with sleep

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards

Powerfull and intimidate both helped me sleep.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A vaporizer and a good indica from my local dispensary. At first I'm like :240:... and then I'm like :sleeping:.

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
I don't have experience with coming off cycle but there have been good reports with intimidate helping with sleep
Intimidate has been by far the best sleep aid I've used and will continue to use.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I've gotten some sound sleep and very vivid dreams on HGHup. ;)

jdg76
Team APPNUT

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Check out 3Z! We have free samples for you to try before you buy.

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
When I worked overnight I did a few things supplementation and integrative to help convince my body to shift circadian cycle.

1) Black out curtains are essential. Your sleeping area should be like a bat cave - the body gets better rest when the room is perfectly dark. This is due to the absence of light signaling for melatonin release when entering REM. This includes turning off sleep stressors such as a TV or computer monitor.
2) Find a soothing song, mix, album that can act as a lullaby: has an effect like Pavlov's dogs where your brain starts thinking its time for sleep. So don't pick something you like to drive to.
3) Less fats in the diet closer to sleep.
4) Check your diet: are you 100% certain everythings in order?
5) In addition to GH boosters, ZMA, and other sleep aid supplements, consider taking 3g melatonin. This will help stimulate natural release, relax the body, and train your body to work on a different biological clock. Weird dreams though: I'm talking green elephants on a shapeshifting dance floor with a lollipop jazz orchestra.

If you can't sleep on 3Z and HGHUp you should just hang out with Dave Attell.

boogyman

Awards
ZMA and taking my DAA (while I was on a natty stack) gave me the best sleep I have had in recent memory. I was taking both on empty stomach about 30 minutes before bed and when I turned the TV and light out I was out a few minutes later. I still take ZMA and it helps, but I am finished with the DAA and the 2 stacked when it came to sleep.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
When I worked overnight I did a few things supplementation and integrative to help convince my body to shift circadian cycle.

1) Black out curtains are essential. Your sleeping area should be like a bat cave - the body gets better rest when the room is perfectly dark. This is due to the absence of light signaling for melatonin release when entering REM. This includes turning off sleep stressors such as a TV or computer monitor.
2) Find a soothing song, mix, album that can act as a lullaby: has an effect like Pavlov's dogs where your brain starts thinking its time for sleep. So don't pick something you like to drive to.
3) Less fats in the diet closer to sleep.
4) Check your diet: are you 100% certain everythings in order?
5) In addition to GH boosters, ZMA, and other sleep aid supplements, consider taking 3g melatonin. This will help stimulate natural release, relax the body, and train your body to work on a different biological clock. Weird dreams though: I'm talking green elephants on a shapeshifting dance floor with a lollipop jazz orchestra.

If you can't sleep on 3Z and HGHUp you should just hang out with Dave Attell.
Sh!t ive been taking 20mgs of melatonin... i keep a fan on. The buzz usually does me right. I appreciate the hell outta the ideas. Got a number for dave? Maybe ill go get late night dinner with him at a fancy restaurant. Order the penguin.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
ZMA and taking my DAA (while I was on a natty stack) gave me the best sleep I have had in recent memory. I was taking both on empty stomach about 30 minutes before bed and when I turned the TV and light out I was out a few minutes later. I still take ZMA and it helps, but I am finished with the DAA and the 2 stacked when it came to sleep.
Youre the third guy to suggest daa. Maybe ill look into that with the hghpro and 3z.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
After developing insomnia following HPA dysregulation brought on by prolonged exhaustive exercise with low calories, the following helped me to my sleep.....

L-Theanine early evening
PS a few hours before bed to lower cortisol
500mg vitamin C
400mg magnesium
500mg taurine
Melatonin 3mg
Valerian

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
After developing insomnia following HPA dysregulation brought on by prolonged exhaustive exercise with low calories, the following helped me to my sleep.....

L-Theanine early evening
PS a few hours before bed to lower cortisol
500mg vitamin C
400mg magnesium
500mg taurine
Melatonin 3mg
Valerian
Whats ps? And valerian for that matter?. Im sure ps is an abbreviation but ive never heard of valerian.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
20mg? Geez you do know you need to cycle that stuff right? Never heard of valerian either.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whats ps? And valerian for that matter?. Im sure ps is an abbreviation but ive never heard of valerian.
PS = phosphatidylserine, a potent cortisol-blocker. Just a heads up on the valerian... it gives some people headaches (including me), and smells like my old college roommate's gym socks.

SeniorXJ

Awards
Dude i have some of the nastiest insomnia possibly known to man & when i say that, i mean my body losts its ability to sleep on its own! As far as supplements are concerned, PHENIBUT, PHENIBUT, PHENIBUT!!! Gaba is garbage because it cannot pass thru the blood brain barrier but phenibut can!! Order some & try it out & i promise u it will work. Only thing is figuring out how much to take as it can leave u with a "hangover" like effect but were all different & someone like me takes over 3 grams a night!!!

HGHpro is also a good sleep aid as it gives u that deeper rem sleep & is also a staple in my sleep arsenal!!

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
^True, no ones mentioned phenibut. Its pricey but with reason. Multitude of uses for the stuff.

It doesnt really make sense that you talk down GABA then promote HGHPro considering it has 600mg in a dose. Just sayin.

D3Baseball

Awards
ZMA, L-Dopa 95% extract, melatonin have all helped me -- I get all of these and some other stuff from SAN Elixair

Intimidate was great for sleep as well. Nimbus Poseidon NT and Abyss G4 are both excellent.

D3Baseball

Awards
I don't really suggest phenibut because you can't use it on a regular basis. If I use it more than 2 or 3 times a week I get unbelievable headaches the moment I stop using it. I don't need withdrawals from a damn sleep supplement.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Dude i have some of the nastiest insomnia possibly known to man & when i say that, i mean my body losts its ability to sleep on its own! As far as supplements are concerned, PHENIBUT, PHENIBUT, PHENIBUT!!! Gaba is garbage because it cannot pass thru the blood brain barrier but phenibut can!! Order some & try it out & i promise u it will work. Only thing is figuring out how much to take as it can leave u with a "hangover" like effect but were all different & someone like me takes over 3 grams a night!!!

HGHpro is also a good sleep aid as it gives u that deeper rem sleep & is also a staple in my sleep arsenal!!
GABA does not need to cross the BBB to exert its effects on the hypothalamus and periphery. Improved relaxation, depth of sleep, and hgh release have all been documented in humans.

ZMA, L-Dopa 95% extract, melatonin have all helped me -- I get all of these and some other stuff from SAN Elixair

Intimidate was great for sleep as well. Nimbus Poseidon NT and Abyss G4 are both excellent.
Great options there. Be sure to co-administer 5-htp and egcg if l-dopa use is going to be beyond a month.

bigadam73

bigadam73

Awards
i like animal pm. a little high in price but it knocks you out.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
i like animal pm. a little high in price but it knocks you out.
I looked at that and almost bought it. Not a fan of universal though. Their flex, pak, and nitro all seemed to make me nauseas. Thanks though.

Thanks everyone else for the suggestions. I went with 3z, ai's hgh and i got the iforce sleep stack. Gonna sample 'em all... see which works the best

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Let us know what works out for you. From all the threads I've seen, everyone has very different remedies.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Let us know what works out for you. From all the threads I've seen, everyone has very different remedies.
I can do that. Maybe i'll make a little log up. i'd imagine it would be helpful for others that share similar issues.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
And there's plenty of us here lol

GreenMarine

GreenMarine

Awards
melatonin is pretty common, I think it would be a good place to start. If you do start using sleep supps make sure you are getting enough sleep. If you take something and only sleep for 4 or 5 hours theres a good chance you'll have a miserable and groggy start to the day

holysnikey

Awards
Phenibut works very well but sometimes I feel intoxicated or hungover when I wake up and as mentioned you can get nasty withdrawals from it. High quality Valerian extracts work amazingly and are not found to be addictive. If I'm in a real bad pinch I use benadryl but it affects deep sleep and can be some what habit forming. I found that altering your habits is a better way long term than sleep aids. Even if the sleep aid isn't technically addictive I always have had a placebo where I can't calm down until I take the pill. Now I do cardio 3-5x a week and push myself to the very max while lifting. Also don't try to lift 2-3 hours right before bed. Your bed should also be your sanctuary and is only for sleep. Don't do work or go on the computer just sleep as well as getting on a schedule so you automatically start feeling sleepy the same time daily.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

nergy

Awards
rhodiola rosea puts me to sleep, good for the physical and mental stress so after a great workout with my last meal at night, it's all good.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Cliff note's of my experiences with these sorts of sleep aids - (anyone actually remember Cliff Notes?...)

Melatonin - helps me to get to sleep, however, it always leaves me groggy & hazy the next day -

3Z - drift off to sleep (not a knock-out) & wake up refreshed, although sometimes I feel a bit groggy if I didn't get a full 8hrs

HGHPro - same sort of drift to sleep (not a knock out), I wake up feeling awesome, however I always have to pi$$ like a friggin racehorse halfway through the night....I can't sleep more than 8hrs with these - once I wake up (not counting my half-way drain), there's hardly a chance I fall asleep again - wake up ready to go