25 with low test, high prolactin Will Gingko Biloba solve my problem?

dave900

Awards
Hi,

I'm new to this forum, but basically my story is that about 5 months ago, my libido took a huge dip. I went from wanting sex pretty much every day , to not wanting sex at all. So i went to my family doctor got a blood test to check my test and everything, the doctor said that my testosterone was fine, and she told me to just simply exercise more. I then had told her that i go to the gym 4 times a week and get sufficient exercise so that is definitely not the case!

So then she refers me to a urologist, i get a blood test done there and it turns i have high levels of prolactin in my blood and low levels of testosterone. I got an MRI done to see if i had a pituitary tumor, but the results came up negative. So today, my doctor tells me that they usually prescribe testosterone for people in my situation, but since i am young (i'm 25) he said he wanted me to try taking Gingko Biloba for 6 weeks and to come back.

I was wondering if anyone on here has had any problems like me, or if anyone here has had heard good things about Gingko biloba and testosterone? I really don't think it's going to work, and i'm just going to have to take testosterone.

CLIFF NOTES:

Does Gingko Biloba really suppress prolactin and increase testosterone? I did a bit of googling and can't find much concrete evidence to support that claim.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The short answer: No.

You'll want to look into Mucuna pruriens, Erase, and D-aspartic acid for testosterone elevation & prolactin reduction.

I would run with the Erase/DAA synergy stack with BPS endosurge. This will cause a temporary increase in testosterone with a reduction in estrogen, however the only long term treatment for hypogonadism is testosterone replacement therapy.

MonsterTruckr

Awards
I am in the same boat, here's a little info about what's been going on with me... (FML it wont let me post links because my post count is too low... you can find my thread through my user name.)

Intimidate worked very very well for me and brought me back to where I feel good again. The verdict is still out on Erase though.

I've never heard anything about Ginko having a test boosting effect, and never felt anything from it either. There are plenty of good test boosters to look into.

zaire2d

Awards
DAA raises prolactin, stay away.
l-dopa could be good for you, so try macuna pruriens, he can put you in cabergoline after gingko, but try first macuna, if work let us know.

dave900

Awards
l-dopa could be good for you, so try macuna pruriens, he can put you in cabergoline after gingko, but try first macuna, if work let us know.

hmmm, thanks for all the responses everyone. I think i'm going to try Macuna pruiens. I believe after a few weeks of gingko and if that doesn't do anything, i think the next step he said was to either put me on cabergoline or parlodel

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAA does raise prolactin, but paired with something like Mucuna will counteract this.

MonsterTruckr

Awards
This thread got me to investigate prolactin... upped my zinc and B6 and feel considerably better today.

southsideguy

southsideguy

Awards
  • Established
OP, u havin issues with your sex drive? I have a hot chick I can send over to ya who can take care of that issue real quick for ya. But it'll cost ya...

dave900

Awards
Does It really takes a few weeks for any of this stuff to kick in? So far i upped my zinc intake and i take about 150mg a day of b6 ( scared to ho higher than that because i read some of the nasty side effects that some
People can get from
200mg and above.)

What about tribulus? And that Now product Testojack?

Also, can anyone link me to this "Erase " product? I cant seem to find it.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Water soluable or not, you still want to be careful mega-dosing any vitamin.

For the OP, sport supplements will help short term. And some you can take for a few months without cyling off. AppNut's Drive has L-Dopa in it and there has been a lot of user feedback stating it helped raise libido too. So you could look into that.

Or as stated above there are some things you can do to help naturally raise your test some. I would make sure to keep your fats high. Whole eggs for breakfast everyday, lots of almonds, fish oil etc. ZMA every night before bed, and as stated a L-Dopa supplement.

jdg76
Team APPNUT

Imskyhigh87

Banned
Awards
noone is telling you to mega dose vitamins 50mg is the serving size which zinc is usually sold in. zinc is cheap and simple, think i paid 8 bucks for a bottle and theres scholarly studies documenting zincs effects on testosterone hence why people spend large amounts of money buying products like zma which is just (zinc asparate). and of course if i represented a company i would try to sell my product line too. l dopa has been shown to supress prolactin levels and test boosters well boost testosterone. a proper diet and sleep schedule goes without saying. google man testosterone doubled in this study :

nutritionjrnl.com/article/S0899-9007(96)80058-X/abstract

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
noone is telling you to mega dose vitamins 50mg is the serving size which zinc is usually sold in. zinc is cheap and simple, think i paid 8 bucks for a bottle and theres scholarly studies documenting zincs effects on testosterone hence why people spend large amounts of money buying products like zma which is just (zinc asparate). and of course if i represented a company i would try to sell my product line too. l dopa has been shown to supress prolactin levels and test boosters well boost testosterone. a proper diet and sleep schedule goes without saying. google man testosterone doubled in this study :

nutritionjrnl.com/article/S0899-9007(96)80058-X/abstract
If you were referring to me, I simply stated that Drive would work. I also stated that supplement will only help short term which is why I gave other advivce.

If you weren't then disregard.

jdg76
Team APPNUT

MonsterTruckr

Awards
Look up the difference between elemental zinc dose and the dose on the package... They are TOTALLY different, and you want elemental NOT the MG listed on the bottle.

BTW Zinc is pretty hard to over dose... the internet would have you believe otherwise, but it's not uncommon to see doctors prescribe 100mg of elemental zinc for acne.

I'm up to 50mg of elemental zinc, and 600mg of B6 (spread out 200mg AM/Lunch/Dinner) and I am feeling 100% better... still got a bit of puffy nipples, but I am not going to quit intimidate if I don't have to... I do get a bit of a tingle in my hands if I take the B6 too close together. Either way, I was on the prowl last night and my drive was definitely back.

I wish hot women would cure prolactin based sex drive issues... that is not the case though.

dave900

Awards
Look up the difference between elemental zinc dose and the dose on the package... They are TOTALLY different, and you want elemental NOT the MG listed on the bottle.

BTW Zinc is pretty hard to over dose... the internet would have you believe otherwise, but it's not uncommon to see doctors prescribe 100mg of elemental zinc for acne.

I'm up to 50mg of elemental zinc, and 600mg of B6 (spread out 200mg AM/Lunch/Dinner) and I am feeling 100% better... still got a bit of puffy nipples, but I am not going to quit intimidate if I don't have to... I do get a bit of a tingle in my hands if I take the B6 too close together. Either way, I was on the prowl last night and my drive was definitely back.

I wish hot women would cure prolactin based sex drive issues... that is not the case though.
hmmmm, interesting. I'm currently taking gingko biloboa, and extra zinc , vitamin E, and a little bit of B6. I did get a random boner the other day so that is a good sign. Myabe some of this stuff is working after all.
I still would want a better fix, like when i go to the doctor again in a few weeks, i would like maybe a prescription to lower my prolactin levels. The doctor was telling me about possibly bromocriptine or parlodel to lower my prolactin levels. Hopefully those drugs won't give me any bad side effects.

MonsterTruckr

Awards
Don't laugh, but the B6 I got whatever the Walmart brand is... the green/yellow bottle.

The Zinc is Zinc Picolinate from Cardiovascular Research, I'm dosing two pills a day or 50mg elemental.

an interesting side effect of extra zinc may be inhanced vision... zinc is crucial in the conversion of Retinol/Retinal if I remember correctly.

Imskyhigh87

Banned
Awards
Just learned today that Alpha test has zinc and ginko thought id throw that ur way