What is one supplement you always want to have?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
So I want to build nice OTC stack, something that may out of the norm or different than what I'm use too. So what products did you guys have great results with and do not want to be with out?

latenight6194

Awards
For me the most important part of my supplement stack, is my preworkout, i've tried several, including nano vapor, superpump, c4, jack3d, animal rage, craze, etc. The top two preworkouts that I have taken had to have been c4, and craze. Craze almost seemed to be too much for me though, while lifting it actually made the back of my eyes hurt and I was wired for hours after my workout. There must also be something in it that causes crazy dreams because I have had some crazy dreams while taking it, and I have heard of several other people whom have had the same problems. The one preworkout that I have settled on is c4, it is the perfect balance of sanity and energy.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
For me the most important part of my supplement stack, is my preworkout, i've tried several, including nano vapor, superpump, c4, jack3d, animal rage, craze, etc. The top two preworkouts that I have taken had to have been c4, and craze. Craze almost seemed to be too much for me though, while lifting it actually made the back of my eyes hurt and I was wired for hours after my workout. There must also be something in it that causes crazy dreams because I have had some crazy dreams while taking it, and I have heard of several other people whom have had the same problems. The one preworkout that I have settled on is c4, it is the perfect balance of sanity and energy.
C4 is a good pre...

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The very most underrated and undervalued supplement on the market hands down for me is AnabolicPump. If I could have an unlimited supply of anything OTC, one thing, it would be AnabolicPump.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
The very most underrated and undervalued supplement on the market hands down for me is AnabolicPump. If I could have an unlimited supply of anything OTC, one thing, it would be AnabolicPump.
Why is that?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
murk01

murk01

Awards
Keeping it generic. Daa + caffeine pills.

roblasane

roblasane

Awards
I really love anabeta . I haven't tried Anabeta Elite yet . I had good results with TestodrolX9 - the DAA in it is under dosed but I think it's designed to be stacked with there Intratest BCAA/DAA product. Erase pro , Rev2 , Testabolan V2. All good stuff. You have to run natty's 8 weeks IMO . So much good stuff out there to build a stack from.

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
I have to say DAA. Awesome. Today is my first day Cycling off of it and it sucks. As stupid as it sounds I love ZMA too. Anabeta and erase pro are up there but I only took each of them once

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why is that?
I can increase my carbohydrate intake to perform better and grow better without the risk of fat gain that I usually experience with more generous carbohydrate intake. It is the best nutrient partioning/GDA I have ever used.

Additionally, when used in a fasted state, which is how I always train, it taps into adipose for energy keeping me lean(er) when in surplus and get me leaner when in deficit.

Most are too immediate gratification to appreciate AP and miss out of the benefits that one will experience going into the second bottle and beyond. It changes the way my body utilizes glycogen and carbohydrates.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I can increase my carbohydrate intake to perform better and grow better without the risk of fat gain that I usually experience with more generous carbohydrate intake. It is the best nutrient partioning/GDA I have ever used.

Additionally, when used in a fasted state, which is how I always train, it taps into adipose for energy keeping me lean(er) when in surplus and get me leaner when in deficit.

Most are too immediate gratification to appreciate AP and miss out of the benefits that one will experience going into the second bottle and beyond. It changes the way my body utilizes glycogen and carbohydrates.
Berberine is indeed a fantastic tool for reducing the effects of carbohydrates on adiposity. Great health benefits too. I personally only like it while cutting due to the physiological atrophy noted in "normal" mice through Atrogin-1 expression.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Berberine is indeed a fantastic tool for reducing the effects of carbohydrates on adiposity. Great health benefits too. I personally only like it while cutting due to the physiological atrophy noted in "normal" mice through Atrogin-1 expression.
what does that mean?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Amen. I used AP for about two years straight.. Stayed lean, found it difficult to gain weight (fat or muscle!) which I think coop is referring to.. I notice on other gdas that I can bulk easily.. AP is amazing for fasted training (although I cannot do hiit on it-rarely- I get too short of breath.

I would say a supp to never be without is AP for me as well. But I know animal loves his slin shot. So I would make a second vote of oep :)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yeah think AP & Recomadrol share some of the same chemicals IIRC. Either way I've tried AP & had some stomach discomfort with it before and I also didn't like the fact it suggests complex carbs. I sometimes eat simple carbs. Either way I may give it another look.
Difficult to gain or muscle on this stuff for you Cheeda?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
From what I understand that's loss of mass & strength?
(Not sure if I'm correct)

Bruiser76

Bruiser76

Awards
My favorite basic OTC supplement is UniLiver from Universal Nutrition. I've found those to be a must have for any cycle, bulking or cutting. And they're cheap as helll.

D3Baseball

Awards
I don't want to workout without Fierce Domination ever again.

I don't use much else other than protein plus some general health stuff.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Top things I've been using is

GDAs, random pre work outs, creatine, & a pump product with the occasional protein.

Its good we are listing staples so keep that up but I also want to hear products outside the norm as well.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
I like the dead lift as well.... Why do you like it so much :lol:
Deads really get the colon rockin'. It's a great intestinal cleansing excercise. ;)

Really, though, I think deads are the epitome of strength. If you can't (or don't) do them, your training is pointless....

Bruiser76

Bruiser76

Awards
Deads really get the colon rockin'. It's a great intestinal cleansing excercise. ;)

Really, though, I think deads are the epitome of strength. If you can't (or don't) do them, your training is pointless....
I agree 100%. it's the best raw strength movement there is. Just pure strength, no bounce, no momentum to help, nothing. Brute strength.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Cre02 from MST, great strength increases, kickass pumps and the added adaptogens which are pretty potent at times. I love MVP as well.

Bruiser76

Bruiser76

Awards
For non staples, I just tried Xero Limit Labs Eponox. The stuff is amazing. A bit pricey, but if you've got the extra cash, give it a try. Think of it like BSN Ntrix, but 1/2 the price and 10x as effective! I get that "perpetual pump" and my veins are looking sick. Not bad for an overweight powerlifter. Hahahaha

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My favorite basic OTC supplement is UniLiver from Universal Nutrition. I've found those to be a must have for any cycle, bulking or cutting. And they're cheap as helll.
Currently using solgar desiccated liver.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
From what I understand that's loss of mass & strength?
(Not sure if I'm correct)
Please remember how the industry and its consumer always dispute the validity of the benefits that are associated with mice testing as invalid when applied to humans. The negatives should also be approached with similar skepticism. IMHO

Bruiser76

Bruiser76

Awards
Currently using solgar desiccated liver.
Main reason I use UniLiver is I'm a big fan of the brand. But I think everybody should take some sort of desiccated liver tablet. People always overlook the easiest/cheapest ways to make gains. There is a really complete glandular pack on the market called Gland-All. Its by Hot Stuff Nutritionals. Check it out.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Main reason I use UniLiver is I'm a big fan of the brand. But I think everybody should take some sort of desiccated liver tablet. People always overlook the easiest/cheapest ways to make gains. There is a really complete glandular pack on the market called Gland-All. Its by Hot Stuff Nutritionals. Check it out.
Right, universal is quality stuff.

Bruiser76

Bruiser76

Awards
Right, universal is quality stuff.
Definitely. There are so many fly by night companies now that it's scary. Universal though, has been around for 35 years! They really stand by their products. I'm on both their forums (UniversalUSA and Animalpak) and know guys who have ordered their products through other sites and had issues with it (clumping, broken tablets, no scooper... you know, basic stuff) and they personally replace them or make it right without having to deal with the sales site they got it through. That's customer service! Not to mention all the promos they run, beta testing that they do and all the charities they work with. Gotta love a company that gives back.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Please remember how the industry and its consumer always dispute the validity of the benefits that are associated with mice testing as invalid when applied to humans. The negatives should also be approached with similar skepticism. IMHO
Agreed. Good logic.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

Well, I'd actually say the opposite is true (people too easily extrapolate rodent data to humans), but I do agree that we notice something of a "mitigated" effect when going from rats to humans (i.e. bulbine, agmatine, and yes, berberine). I still think berberine is better used on a cut due to its activity in the small intestine, though.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I'd actually say the opposite is true (people too easily extrapolate rodent data to humans), but I do agree that we notice something of a "mitigated" effect when going from rats to humans (i.e. bulbine, agmatine, and yes, berberine). I still think berberine is better used on a cut due to its activity in the small intestine, though.
You are correct, I did mean the opposite.

I also notice anecdotally that it is best used for dieting as well.

uvawahoowa

Awards

I agree...one of the few exercises you really can't cheat at

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/96784-heat-miser-transcending.html#post1401753

Anabolic Pump is often conceptualized as merely a supplement of glucose homeostasis. While that's true in part, its true identity is one of energy metabolism as a whole; specifically, modulating energy expenditure and transfer in both fat and muscle cells, via the modulation of energy storage and production mechanisms.

During a long bout of exercise (i.e., an hour long resistance training session) your body's energy homeostasis mechanisms need to take on a more oxidative (the B-oxidation of fatty acids) as opposed to glycolytic (GLUT4 translocation and glucose storage) role. This is due in part to the inability of the body to produce the fuel (glucose) for anabolic processes at the rates needed for anaerobic exercise. In response, your body has in place several mechanisms which prevent the accumulation and synthesis of triglycerides and lipids, and release them into the bloodstream to be oxidized.

These lipolytic processes actually contribute to the majority of energy transaction in a bout of anaerobic exercise - the oxidation of fatty acids and plasma triglycerides, primarily, provide the energy for resistance training.

The reason I mention all this is Anabolic Pump's fascinating ability to regulate one of the vanguards of oxidative and glycolytic energy consumption - AMPk. AMPk works as an essential gate-keeper of energy production, reacting to extracellular fluctuations of various downstream energy messengers (AMP:ATP ratio included). Its activation is responsible for various roles, including all of the above mentioned.

Using such a product in conjunction with fasted cardio simply utilizes energy which would have been stored anyway. The mere presence of AMPk ensures that the liberated fatty acids and triglycerides will be oxidized as it plays a primary role in not only lipolysis, but the inhibition of lipid, triglyceride, and cholesterol synthesis.

In terms of blood glucose, you should have circulating plasma levels which are enough to stave off hypoglycaemia, even with the use of Anabolic Pump. As carbohydrates have not been ingested, the presence of Insulin (the main inducer of hypoglycemia) is not necessarily present. Anabolic Pump works through Insulin-reactive, though not dependent, pathways of energy metabolism. The lipolytic role is also enough to provide ample energy.
Just an AP tidbit. ^^^

I miss the Mullet some times.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When you stArt working out, your body stops digesting things (I think)? If this is true- would it be pointless to take anabolic DURING a lift, before abs and post workout cardio?

I ask bc I WARMUP with jogging+ 20mins hiit. THEN lift. Then do a little more cardio post lift. I cannot do my hiit fasted with AP, my energy takes a huge hit.

uvawahoowa

Awards

But you find no problem with bulking on it? What would you guys think about it for a recomp?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

I agree... One of my favorites. :D

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When you stArt working out, your body stops digesting things (I think)? If this is true- would it be pointless to take anabolic DURING a lift, before abs and post workout cardio?

I ask bc I WARMUP with jogging+ 20mins hiit. THEN lift. Then do a little more cardio post lift. I cannot do my hiit fasted with AP, my energy takes a huge hit.
Any opinions on this?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Tell that to these folks and let me know how it goes :)

http://www.google.com/search?q=wheelchair+bodybuilder&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&********og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=1vLxT8SnAtPE2QWuxrWPCw&biw=1680&bih=869&sei=2fLxT-3ONIHg2QWlq93EAw

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any opinions on this?
Actually FFA's are a much more sustainable form of energy and for me the preferred source for my goals.

You need to read what I reposted here:

Anabolic Pump is often conceptualized as merely a supplement of glucose homeostasis. While that's true in part, its true identity is one of energy metabolism as a whole; specifically, modulating energy expenditure and transfer in both fat and muscle cells, via the modulation of energy storage and production mechanisms.

During a long bout of exercise (i.e., an hour long resistance training session) your body's energy homeostasis mechanisms need to take on a more oxidative (the B-oxidation of fatty acids) as opposed to glycolytic (GLUT4 translocation and glucose storage) role. This is due in part to the inability of the body to produce the fuel (glucose) for anabolic processes at the rates needed for anaerobic exercise. In response, your body has in place several mechanisms which prevent the accumulation and synthesis of triglycerides and lipids, and release them into the bloodstream to be oxidized.

These lipolytic processes actually contribute to the majority of energy transaction in a bout of anaerobic exercise - the oxidation of fatty acids and plasma triglycerides, primarily, provide the energy for resistance training.

The reason I mention all this is Anabolic Pump's fascinating ability to regulate one of the vanguards of oxidative and glycolytic energy consumption - AMPk. AMPk works as an essential gate-keeper of energy production, reacting to extracellular fluctuations of various downstream energy messengers (AMP:ATP ratio included). Its activation is responsible for various roles, including all of the above mentioned.

Using such a product in conjunction with fasted cardio simply utilizes energy which would have been stored anyway. The mere presence of AMPk ensures that the liberated fatty acids and triglycerides will be oxidized as it plays a primary role in not only lipolysis, but the inhibition of lipid, triglyceride, and cholesterol synthesis.

In terms of blood glucose, you should have circulating plasma levels which are enough to stave off hypoglycaemia, even with the use of Anabolic Pump. As carbohydrates have not been ingested, the presence of Insulin (the main inducer of hypoglycemia) is not necessarily present. Anabolic Pump works through Insulin-reactive, though not dependent, pathways of energy metabolism. The lipolytic role is also enough to provide ample energy.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards