What is one supplement you always want to have?

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Tell that to these folks and let me know how it goes

    http://www.google.com/search?q=wheel...NIHg2QWlq93EAw
    Within reason, of course. I have trained a few folks with physical issues where they could not perform certain movements - not the extent of the link you supplied, though. My hat is off to all those who train through those limitations. Very inspirational...
    -- JB \m/
    "There is no point in being alive if you cannot do the deadlift." - Jon Pall Sigmarsson


  2. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Heat Miser is Transcending Agedness With USPLabs/PES and NutraPlanet



    Just an AP tidbit. ^^^

    I miss the Mullet some times.

    Good info. I feel it would apply to Low-intensity steady-state cardio moreso than weight training or HIIT.
    •   
       

  3. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Good info. I feel it would apply to Low-intensity steady-state cardio moreso than weight training or HIIT.
    That is for the most part the way I perfrom my cardio.

    Allows me to eat carbs without spillover and when I don't it helps me to burn FFA...win-win in my book. That is why it would be my 'one' supplement.

    Sure would prefer to buy a bulk powder form of AnabolicPump
  4. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

    Berberine is indeed a fantastic tool for reducing the effects of carbohydrates on adiposity. Great health benefits too. I personally only like it while cutting due to the physiological atrophy noted in "normal" mice through Atrogin-1 expression.
    Please excuse my ignorance here but where exactly do you find berberine?
    Patent-Pending One-Of-A Kind Ingredient #1- P-Insulin™ - Ultra-Pure, Pharmaceutical Grade Engineered Extract of the Phellodendron HCL.

    Patent Pending One-Of-A Kind Ingredient #2 - Tannins Complex™ - Mega-Potent, Super-Concentrated Engineered Extract of Lagerstroemia Speciosa.
    Name:  ap-sf.gif
Views: 430
Size:  13.5 KB

  5. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Please excuse my ignorance here but where exactly do you find berberine?
    Berberine is a well-documented constitued of Phellodendron, though I'm not sure if the species USPLabs is using (they list only the genus) contains berberine. Most do.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

    Berberine is a well-documented constitued of Phellodendron, though I'm not sure if the species USPLabs is using (they list only the genus) contains berberine. Most do.
    It MAY.. I'm purely speculating, but ive used glycobol and recompadrol (both clearly list berberine) and they wreaked havoc on my stomach. AP does not affect my stomach at all.. Im thinking the berberine content in AP is low, if at all.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    It MAY.. I'm purely speculating, but ive used glycobol and recompadrol (both clearly list berberine) and they wreaked havoc on my stomach. AP does not affect my stomach at all.. Im thinking the berberine content in AP is low, if at all.
    I really can't tell because the species of the plant isn't listed. Phellodendron can exert GDA activity independent of berberine, but berberine is the primarily referenced constituent for this purpose (similar to Banaba and corosolic acid).

  8. My favorite supplement is raw goji berries. There a food, but I use them as a supplement. They are supposed to boost test, and gh, while acting as a natural ai. You will be able to tell a difference within a few days of eating them. They will give you a noticeably stronger erection, and boost strength. They also have a lot of antioxidants, that will help with general health. They taste good to me too.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by bigintensions
    My favorite supplement is raw goji berries. There a food, but I use them as a supplement. They are supposed to boost test, and gh, while acting as a natural ai. You will be able to tell a difference within a few days of eating them. They will give you a noticeably stronger erection, and boost strength. They also have a lot of antioxidants, that will help with general health. They taste good to me too.
    That's good info man! Thanks. I didn't know anything about them.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Berberine is indeed a fantastic tool for reducing the effects of carbohydrates on adiposity. Great health benefits too. I personally only like it while cutting due to the physiological atrophy noted in "normal" mice through Atrogin-1 expression.
    Strategicmove has explained this well in the past:

    The authors of the report I believe you are referring to stated that berberine via stimulation of AMPK led to mTOR complex-1 (TORC1) inhibition by way of the phosphorylation of raptor (a protein involved in mTOR signaling) ultimately leading to reduced protein synthesis and enhanced protein degradation in normal and diabetic rodent muscles, as well as an enhanced downstream expression of the E3 ubiquitin ligase, atrogin-1, associated with the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway of muscle degradation. Furthermore, they reported that enhanced mitochondrial biogenesis via peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma co-activator-1-alpha [PGC-1a] expression blunted the berberine-induced muscle protein-synthetic alterations. According to the authors: "We recognize that our findings from experiments utilizing mice or cultured cells may not reflect events occurring in patients with type 2 diabetes. Reports of protein turn-over in diabetic or insulin-resistant patients find no muscle wasting unless the patients are elderly or sedentary. Even though obese patients with type 2 diabetes were shown to exhibit some impairment in ATP production, it has also been found that intensive insulin therapy did not change leucine kinetics when compared with results achieved with conventional insulin therapy. However, our results do indicate that anti-diabetes drugs can cause unexpected consequences, including changes in protein metabolism" [p. 1888].

    Quite apart from the fact that their study was a rodent trial with the usual rodent-to-human-dosage-conversion issues, or the usual extrapolation problems from such trials to human results, berberine's activation of AMPK, and consequently, AMPK's suppression of protein synthesis are not controversial. As is well known, the mammalian 5' adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase (AMPK) is the downstream component of a crucial protein kinase cascade of central importance in the regulation of energy homeostasis (balance) conserved in all eukaryotic cells. AMPK is a phylogenetically/evolutionarily conserved serine/threonine protein kinase and is activated in response to an increase in the adenosine monophosphate (AMP): adenosine triphosphate (ATP) ratio. AMPK exists as a heterotrimeric (contains three parts that are different from one another) complex with a catalytic alpha subunit and regulatory beta- and gamma-subunits. AMPK is activated in response to metabolic stressors such as exercise/muscle contraction, hypoxia, hypoglycemia, ischemia, oxidative stress, and chemical interventions (such as berberine), with the goal of cellular energy restoration.

    Binding of AMP to the gamma-subunit leads to AMPK activation via phosphorylation at threonine 172 (Thr-172) on the alpha-subunit by the upstream kinase, LKB-1. The Ca(2+)/calmodulin-dependent and AMP-independent pathway can activate AMPK in certain cells such as neurons, endothelial cells, and lymphocytes, in a process involving phosphorylation by an alternate upstream protein kinase kinase-beta, CaMKKbeta. [Phosphorylation is the addition of phosphate to a protein, glucose, or other organic molecules or compounds. Phosphorylation is executed through the action of enzymes referred to as phosphotransferases or kinases].

    Upon activation, AMPK triggers a set of chemical reactions geared at re-establishing cellular energy homeostasis. Consequently, ATP-consuming (anabolic) processes such as protein synthesis, fatty acid synthesis (lipogenesis), biosynthesis, cell-growth, and proliferation, are switched-off, while ATP-generating (catabolic) processes such as hepatic glycolysis and fatty acid oxidation, as well as the inhibition of the production of cholesterol and triglycerides are switched-on, both by short-term effect on phosphorylation of regulatory proteins and by long-term effect on gene expression. AMPK can also be modulated by hormones. In particular, in peripheral tissues such as muscles and liver, leptin and adiponectin activate AMPK. In the hypothalamus, leptin and adiponectin, both hormones that suppress feeding, inhibit AMPK, while ghrelin, a hormone that boosts food intake, activates AMPK.
    Berberine potently activates AMPK in skeletal muscle, L6 myotubes, adipose tissue, and in hepatocytes, leading to the suppression of protein synthesis and lipid synthesis as well as boosts in fatty acid oxidation and glucose uptake. This activation of AMPK is due to berberine's inhibition of the respiratory complex-1 of the mitochondria, leading to an elevation of the AMP/ATP ratio. Obviously, restoration of cellular energy homeostasis is crucial in this case, as ribosomal synthesis of proteins, for instance, is a significant consumer of cellular energy in a process that requires energy-rich aminoacyl-tRNA, mRNA and ATP/GTP. The regulation of protein synthesis occurs at several levels from mRNA and ribosomal content to the translation rate of mRNA into peptide, where translation involves the three phases, initiation, elongation, and termination. Short-term, protein synthesis regulation occurs at the translation level, with acute protein synthesis regulation modulated by several regulatory portions in the mTOR or eEF-2 kinase pathways. The mechanism of protein synthesis inhibition by AMPK depends on mTOR and eEF-2 signaling.

    As has already been outlined, berberine is not the only activator of AMPK, and consequently, not the only suppressor of protein synthesis. In particular, physical exercise, to use another example, also compromises protein synthesis, but this effect, just like the case of berberine, is transient. Muscle cells grow after physical exercise, and the use of certain interventions such as BCAA during exercise contribute to the suppression of AMPK, and reduce AMPK's suppressive impact on protein synthesis. The transient nature of the berberine-induced AMPK-inhibition of protein synthesis ensures that Anabolic Pump's functioning remains robust. Furthermore, while an important component, berberine activation of AMPK is not the only mechanism through which Anabolic Pump works. In particular, quite apart from the depression of protein-synthetic processes, Anabolic Pump still delivers benefits such as improvement in insulin sensitivity (which on its own leads to efficient uptake of macronutrients, including proteins), enhanced glucose disposal in skeletal muscle cells, anti-adipogenic and anti-diabetic effects, improvement in lipid and glucose metabolism, enhancements in lipolytic processes and optimization of lipid profiles. Furthermore, recall that AMPK activation induces an enhanced expression of the glucose transport protein-4 (GLUT-4) gene via increased binding of the transcription factor myocyte enhancer factor-2 (MEF-2) to co-factors in the GLUT-4 gene, leading to increased glucose transport, as well as enhanced glycolysis and ATP production. This increased ATP production ultimately leads to reduced AMPK activity, and consequently, lower suppression of protein synthesis. In the same connection, greater saturation of glycogen stores ensures lower expression of AMPK, and therefore, lower protein-synthetic suppression. To continue, recall that AMPK regulates protein translation via several mechanisms. For instance, via phosphorylation and activation of the eukaryotic elongation factor kinase (eEF2K), and via inhibition of the mTOR signaling pathway. As the regulation of protein synthesis by mTOR is highly sensitive to amino acid expression, AMPK was postulated to be also modulated by amino acids. As it turns out, recent research has suggested that amino acids suppress AMPK activity in an mTOR-independent mechanism, postulated to be via the stimulatory effects of amino acids on mitochondrial glutamate dehydrogenase that produce an increased tricarboxylic acid cycle flux, ultimately leading to reduced cellular AMP expression, and therefore, lower AMPK activity, and lower suppression of protein synthesis. This suggests that the protein content of a post-Anabolic Pump meal should serve to suppress AMPK action and lead to higher protein-synthetic expression.

    In conclusion, the transient effect of the suppression of protein synthesis due to berberine's activation of AMPK, coupled with the other molecular mechanisms through which the components of Anabolic Pump, namely Phellodendron and Crepe Myrtle, work ensures that Anabolic Pump still delivers its benefits enumerated earlier.
  11. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Berberine is a well-documented constitued of Phellodendron, though I'm not sure if the species USPLabs is using (they list only the genus) contains berberine. Most do.
    If it were Berberine HCL derived from from the roots of Berberis aristata (tree turmeric) does the species matter?

    I know that USPlabs has always proposed a proprietary extract process...yada...yada...yada.. .but if I you have berberine HCL does it matter?

  12. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    If it were Berberine HCL derived from from the roots of Berberis aristata (tree turmeric) does the species matter?

    I know that USPlabs has always proposed a proprietary extract process...yada...yada...yada.. .but if I you have berberine HCL does it matter?
    Berberine HCl is berberine HCl. The species of phellodendron matters because most, but not all, such species contain berberine, and different species contain different constituents.

  13. You have to remember too that AP utilizes a a high concentration of specifically extracted tannins in addition to it's corosolic acid content that makes it the unique product that it is. It's more than just a "Berberine Supplement".

  14. Quote Originally Posted by diezel View Post
    You have to remember too that AP utilizes a a high concentration of specifically extracted tannins in addition to it's corosolic acid content that makes it the unique product that it is. It's more than just a "Berberine Supplement".
    Actually the phellodendron is not listed as an extract and neither is the Banaba. Thus, they are parts of the plant and not specific extracts so I'm not sure how they specifically extracted for something.

  15. Nomenclature frequently changes. I'm looking at a bottle of Anabolic-Pump right now that says ( phellodendron (bark) extract, Crape Myrtle (lagerstroemia Speciosia (stem) extract. Even at Nutraplanet it says:

    AnabolicPump: (proprietary blend):P-Insulin (Engineered Extract from Phellodendron)Tannins Complex (Engineered Extract from Lagerstroemia Speciosa)

  16. Quote Originally Posted by diezel View Post
    Nomenclature frequently changes. I'm looking at a bottle of Anabolic-Pump right now that says ( phellodendron (bark) extract, Crape Myrtle (lagerstroemia Speciosia (stem) extract. Even at Nutraplanet it says:

    AnabolicPump: (proprietary blend):P-Insulin (Engineered Extract from Phellodendron)Tannins Complex (Engineered Extract from Lagerstroemia Speciosa)
    Then it is an extract (although this has nothing to do with "nomenclature"). The label which David posted must be outdated or incorrect.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

    Then it is an extract (although this has nothing to do with "nomenclature"). The label which David posted must be outdated or incorrect.


    Name:  image-101484422.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  161.8 KB

    Purchased 2 weeks ago.. They r redoing the labels and reducing Ct. From 90 to 60... Also about a 10$ price redux

  18. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Name:  image-101484422.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  161.8 KB

    Purchased 2 weeks ago.. They r redoing the labels and reducing Ct. From 90 to 60... Also about a 10$ price redux
    Well then I have no clue, you'd have to PM USPlabs. I do know that they no longer standardize SuperCissus caps.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Name:  image-101484422.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  161.8 KB

    Purchased 2 weeks ago.. They r redoing the labels and reducing Ct. From 90 to 60... Also about a 10$ price redux
    It's the same product. As Chedapalooza mentioned there will also be some cosmetic changes with AP but the formula will stay the same.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by diezel View Post
    It's the same product. As Chedapalooza mentioned there will also be some cosmetic changes with AP but the formula will stay the same.
    Are you a rep for USPLabs (serious question)? These "cosmetic changes" indicate that the product is no longer using an extract.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

    Are you a rep for USPLabs (serious question)? These "cosmetic changes" indicate that the product is no longer using an extract.
    Strategic said they're just redoin the label.. Formula always has and will be the same ...

  22. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Strategic said they're just redoin the label.. Formula always has and will be the same ...
    I honestly don't know, you'd have to ask USPLabs. I'm only commenting on the label as I see it.

  23. This is the cosmetic change I was referring to: http://usplabsdirect.com/anabolic-pump.html. The formula is unchanged from the one I mentioned above. Although it may look as if we no longer use an extract that is still the case. Yes I work for USPlabs.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by diezel View Post
    This is the cosmetic change I was referring to: http://usplabsdirect.com/anabolic-pump.html. The formula is unchanged from the one I mentioned above. Although it may look as if we no longer use an extract that is still the case. Yes I work for USPlabs.
    Any idea why you don't list the species of Phellodendron?

  25. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Any idea why you don't list the species of Phellodendron?
    We can't have little AP clones running around . AP is my "one" supplement I always want to have. Even though it may look very "simple" the results speak for themselves.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-18-2012, 08:59 PM
  2. Do you really want to know what Methoxy TRN is?
    By mcgeier in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-05-2009, 10:48 PM
  3. I got 3 bottles of X-Factor. What DO YOU GUYS want to see me run?
    By Distilled Water in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-19-2008, 08:04 AM
  4. What You Would Want to See Come Out!
    By Grambo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 04:25 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Log in
Log in