Liver levels high???

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Why did they do a biopsy? Where they afraid it might have been something else? That's some ignorant, awful B/S denying your health insurance over liver enzymes. Did they reverse their decision after fatty liver was confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by BosLAD View Post
    I had this happen to me about 20 years ago when I changed jobs and was denied new life insurance because of high liver enzymes. After going thru the Hep screen and ultrasound noted above, a liver biopsy showed that I have a fatty liver. Mind you at the time I was 5'10" and weighed about 155 lbs, so any mention of "fat" was foreign to me. I now get blood work done 2x/yr. Sometimes its slightly elevated, other times within the normal range (although high end of the range). My doctor at Massachusetts General Hospital isn't concerned and neither am I. If it was someting more serious he says the numbers would be multiples of what they are.

Earlier this year I completed a 8 week cycle of Andromass + AndroBulk and my blood results 4 weeks later were 83 & 61. elevated, but again, only slightly. (my weight is now 195 and a lot of the increase over the years is muscle!)

So all I can tell you is what my doctor tells me: exercise, watch your diet, don't drink in excess and try not to take tylenol.
    Take care.

PS: currently just started on a Tren+EPI 2a3a + Methylzine cycle and results after 1 week are better than 8 weeks on AM+AB!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Est1969
    Why did they do a biopsy? Where they afraid it might have been something else? That's some ignorant, awful B/S denying your health insurance over liver enzymes. Did they reverse their decision after fatty liver was confirmed?
    They did a biopsy because they couldn't explain why I was still testing high and until I got an explanation, I couldn't get life insurance (at the time I was married, owned a home and had a little baby. I was getting tested every other month back then and always tested high (and I was never even taking supplements and only a social drinker).

I think it took almost a year until I got life insurance, and only when my doctor wrote a letter explaining my results. it was with a different insurance carrier and at a higher premium. It was pretty pathetic when a greedy insurance company actually returns your insurance premium over high liver enzymes! And it's only term insurance.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. CKD bloodwork, liver levels high, should I worry?
    By vadox6466 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-11-2011, 08:33 AM
  2. Got bloodwork done, liver levels came back high, what to do?
    By vadox6466 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 03:15 AM
  3. high LH levels. what to do?
    By atlninja82 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 11:45 PM
  4. T levels to high????
    By glg in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 04:31 PM
  5. Replies: 9