Kicking Pre work outs....

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
So I've almost always used some sort of a stim pre before I lift.... I want to try an avoid stims & supplemental drinks as well.
I'm sure my work outs will be affected but are there any tips yous guys can pass along?

One I'm already aware of is sleep will def be needed & I may continue to use hemavol.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
fast digesting carbs and coffee were my go to for a long time...

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
fast digesting carbs and coffee were my go to for a long time...
Yeah coffee I'm thinking of as well...
Maybe some white bread with some honey on it?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i used and sometimes still use karbolyn, but now im using body mortar by ams with carbs....bcaas + carbs and hemavol

wannabebig25

Awards
L-Tyrosine, L-Carnitine/ALCAR, and MCT Oil are my best friends since i gave up stims pre-workout.

some may call tyrosine a stim, but i dont. its a precursor to all the catecholamines.

Jonbero

Jonbero

Awards
1 thing that helps me to push-it-to-the-limit in the gym more than any preworkout ever will is good music :)

Undead

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ALCAR is non stim and is amongst the most underrated/underappreciated supplements out there.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thx for the feedbacks folks...

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hemavol is a good choice when going stim free. Helps with endurance and pumps. In about due for a stim detox too... Keep us posted Aaron!

lastchance

lastchance

Awards
Hany's supplement company EVP preworkout is alright and also stim free as long as you don't mind the price

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thx... I passed some reps along to all you folks.

:thumbsup:

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Adding coffee would be a step in the wrong direction.

Why not just use a comprehensive stim-free formula like Ultima? When coupled with ALCAR, you are meeting your daily needs for a bunch of ingredients, you're getting stim-free energy, and long-term choline/alcar use will increase memory formation.

When stim-free focus xt comes out, it will be right up your alley.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I tried kicking out pre-workout supplements completely. That didn't last very long.

There are plenty of very-low to no stim options.

AX Ultra Reps
Omega Ultima
IForce Hemavol
SNS Stim-Free Focus (coming soon)

^All these would be good options for you. There are others I missed for sure.

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
So I've almost always used some sort of a stim pre before I lift.... I want to try an avoid stims & supplemental drinks as well.
I'm sure my work outs will be affected but are there any tips yous guys can pass along?

One I'm already aware of is sleep will def be needed & I may continue to use hemavol.
I was thinking the same thing recently. Def. thought about Hemavol because I've seen so many people love it. My daily reliance on stims is becoming absurd. But prior to thinking no stims I was having trouble deciding between Craze,Hemavol w/Maximize, or some other mix.

I've already been using Glyco-Maize(got it from a buddy for free) with my preworkout meal with my 2 ABE and about a half hour before training I take me pre, but lately I haven't been feeling that kick I'm used too.

Whatever you choose man let me know! I'm down for a month or two off stims.

Jonbero

Jonbero

Awards
Adding coffee would be a step in the wrong direction.

Why not just use a comprehensive stim-free formula like Ultima? When coupled with ALCAR, you are meeting your daily needs for a bunch of ingredients, you're getting stim-free energy, and long-term choline/alcar use will increase memory formation.

When stim-free focus xt comes out, it will be right up your alley.
I concur

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
5 mins of HIIT cardio or / and 2 giant sets of deadlifts / military presses / chins / dips of 15 reps each exercise will get your heart rate up, CNS warmed up to ensure proper intensity to be used in your workout, cheap and effective!

Loudy Rowdy

Loudy Rowdy

Awards
Last week did the Body Octane + Hemavol stack....went very well....As you try stay stimmed free...try drinking "flavored" drinks throughout the day to keep you from going insane.... flavored water, diet root beer, and etc....heck have a half scoop of Body Octane/Clout/Ultima/whatever