Osta Rx - week 1 down - AnabolicMinds.com

Osta Rx - week 1 down

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    hyperCat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    43
    Posts
    391
    Rep Power
    321

    Reputation

    Osta Rx - week 1 down


    Just some quick hits after my first week on Osta Rx. I'm taking this with the hopes of getting relief from some some tendon and joint pain, as well as some lean mass gains. I'd be very happy if I can put on 5 lbs by the time I'm done. I've been dosing this at 2 caps in the AM, along with my usual fish oil, vit C and D, and some agmatine.

    I was very lethargic for the first two days. I increased my carbs because I almost felt hypoglycemic. The extra carbs seemed to do the trick. After day 4, I could see some enhanced vascularity in my forearms. Nothing spectacular, but enough for me to notice. The agmatine I'm sure is responsible for some of that, but I had already been taking the agmatine for a week or so prior to starting the Osta, so I think the Osta is responsible for some of it. After day 6, I began to feel like my workouts were becoming easier - kinda like I had an extra gear. I have also experienced some mood enhancements - I've been chattier than normal, and have overall felt good. However, I have yet to feel any relief from my tendonitis, but I hear this takes longer to achieve. Still no weight gain either, but there is definitely some leaning effects going on right now. I did feel a bit edgy today for some reason, like little things were getting to me. Not sure if this is an effect from the Osta, but thought I'd at least mention it.

    I'll stick with the 2 caps for now, but will probably end up bumping it up to the recommended 3 caps sometime after the second week if I don't start noticing some weight gain or tendon relief.

    More to come...

  2. Senior Member
    AdelV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,940
    Rep Power
    45187

    Reputation

    In!
  3. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335099

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Subbed, I want to start taking this for that purpose.
    RecoverBro ELITE
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,395
    Rep Power
    791063

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Sub
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  5. Senior Member
    gregg1494's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,515
    Rep Power
    103036

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Sub'd
  6. New Member
    mondata's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    546

    Reputation

    IN!!
  7. Advanced Member
    Axillist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    705
    Rep Power
    37205

    Reputation

    I'm with ya.
  8. Advanced Member
    scw538's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    735
    Rep Power
    18162

    Reputation

    All in.
  9. New Member
    cashinova87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    159
    Rep Power
    1040

    Reputation

    In here I'm also using osta
  10. New Member
    gbkicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    65

    Reputation

    subbed
  11. New Member
    cashinova87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    159
    Rep Power
    1040

    Reputation

    I had surgery on my shoulder 7 months ago, had a quick recovery but I still get little pains in my shoulder that remind me. Since starting osta after about 2 weeks I can't say for sure that it's because of the osta but my shoulder never had any pain in it anymore.
    Hopefully you will see your tendinitis pain slowly go away.
  12. Advanced Member
    Axillist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    705
    Rep Power
    37205

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by cashinova87 View Post
    I had surgery on my shoulder 7 months ago, had a quick recovery but I still get little pains in my shoulder that remind me. Since starting osta after about 2 weeks I can't say for sure that it's because of the osta but my shoulder never had any pain in it anymore.
    Hopefully you will see your tendinitis pain slowly go away.
    That's reassuring! That is one of the reasons I have been interested in this product is the joint healing tendencies. I also had shoulder surgery several years ago but I still have pain.
  13. Diamond Member
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,445
    Rep Power
    684944

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Yah interested to see how this turns out...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  14. New Member
    iluvredmeat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    31

    Reputation

    Sub'd.I'm on week two at four caps ed.Noticed a big increase in gym intensity when I bumped up the calories to 6000 ed.I too have that sense of well being.Kind of a warm fuzzy feeling.The gf has noticed this as well.I'm optimistic.
  15. New Member
    cashinova87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    159
    Rep Power
    1040

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Axillist

    That's reassuring! That is one of the reasons I have been interested in this product is the joint healing tendencies. I also had shoulder surgery several years ago but I still have pain.
    What surgery did u have?
  16. Advanced Member
    Axillist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    705
    Rep Power
    37205

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by cashinova87 View Post
    What surgery did u have?
    Open SLAP repair for my torn rotator cuff. Bone anchor and scar tissue removal.
  17. Elite Member
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,438
    Rep Power
    2612250

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by iluvredmeat View Post
    Sub'd.I'm on week two at four caps ed.Noticed a big increase in gym intensity when I bumped up the calories to 6000 ed.I too have that sense of well being.Kind of a warm fuzzy feeling.The gf has noticed this as well.I'm optimistic.
    lets us know when your body fat surpasses your muscle gains.....
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  18. New Member
    iluvredmeat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    31

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    lets us know when your body fat surpasses your muscle gains.....
    I'm a union roofer and I need all I can get between work and working out.Some of us lead pretty demanding lives and need the energy.If my job was sedentary then yeah...it would be a concern.
  19. New Member
    hyperCat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    43
    Posts
    391
    Rep Power
    321

    Reputation

    Just a quick update... Some sides started creeping in a couple of days ago, but have gone back in hiding for the most part. I had problems sleeping a couple of nights in a row, but slept ok last night. I also developed some acne on my forehead and chest, and my skin had gotten noticeably oilier. That, too, has seemed to mostly disappear. I was getting a little concerned that this might not be a smooth run after all, but hopefully things are back on track.

    The one thing that started a few days ago that hasn't stopped is some brain fog I get an hour or so after dosing. This lasts for about 2 hours. I can handle it - just hope it doesn't get any worse.

    On a positive note, I *think* my biceps tendonitis might be improving slightly. Curls didn't bother me quite as bad yesterday, so my fingers are crossed.

    That's about it for now...
  20. Elite Member
    halfhuman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,148
    Rep Power
    1148966

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I'm in
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Use code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com
    I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to
  21. New Member
    hyperCat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    43
    Posts
    391
    Rep Power
    321

    Reputation

    Approaching the end of week 2... Ok, so I guess it was wishful thinking about my biceps tendon feeling better - it really doesn't. But it's still early, so I haven't lost hope yet.

    And the last two nights I had some f'd up disturbing dreams. The first one, I dreamed that I woke up (I was dreaming that I woke up, but was obviously still sleeping), and my entire right arm had atrophied to absolute skin and bone. I had a fuggin bone for a right arm - WTF?
    Then the next night, I don't even want to discuss that one, but it caused me to wake up with the worst feeling of dread and gloom - took me all morning to get over that feeling.

    There was another post somewhere on the board asking if Osta is making anyone tired. Yes, there is some lethargy, but not too bad. I've been kinda slack with keeping my carbs up recently, which was definitely helping with the lethargy.

    That feel-good euphoric feeling I had during the first week has subsided a little, but I still feel pretty normal. With a PH, my anxiety level would start to ratchet up around the end of week 2. So far that hasn't really happened.

    Now for the good - I'm really liking the way my body is leaning out. I'm starting to feel and look fuller, even tho I've only had slight weight gain.

    Overall, I'm pretty happy with the results. I just hope I don't dream up something even scarier tonight
  22. Senior Member
    bigdavid's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,274
    Rep Power
    19617

    Reputation

    I suspect any sort of tendon/joint healing will take months to achieve, not weeks. The studies done were for 12 weeks I believe. And yes, there dose was much lower, but just because the dose here is a lot higher does not mean there will be more benefits in that department. Stick with it and if you are just doing it for joints/tendons maybe just use 1 cap per day over a longer time period.
  23. Elite Member
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,438
    Rep Power
    2612250

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by hyperCat View Post
    Approaching the end of week 2... Ok, so I guess it was wishful thinking about my biceps tendon feeling better - it really doesn't. But it's still early, so I haven't lost hope yet.

    And the last two nights I had some f'd up disturbing dreams. The first one, I dreamed that I woke up (I was dreaming that I woke up, but was obviously still sleeping), and my entire right arm had atrophied to absolute skin and bone. I had a fuggin bone for a right arm - WTF?
    Then the next night, I don't even want to discuss that one, but it caused me to wake up with the worst feeling of dread and gloom - took me all morning to get over that feeling.

    There was another post somewhere on the board asking if Osta is making anyone tired. Yes, there is some lethargy, but not too bad. I've been kinda slack with keeping my carbs up recently, which was definitely helping with the lethargy.

    That feel-good euphoric feeling I had during the first week has subsided a little, but I still feel pretty normal. With a PH, my anxiety level would start to ratchet up around the end of week 2. So far that hasn't really happened.

    Now for the good - I'm really liking the way my body is leaning out. I'm starting to feel and look fuller, even tho I've only had slight weight gain.

    Overall, I'm pretty happy with the results. I just hope I don't dream up something even scarier tonight
    i posted the question about lethargy......my carbs are normally where i keep them but i constantly feel tired now....
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  24. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335099

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid
    I suspect any sort of tendon/joint healing will take months to achieve, not weeks. The studies done were for 12 weeks I believe. And yes, there dose was much lower, but just because the dose here is a lot higher does not mean there will be more benefits in that department. Stick with it and if you are just doing it for joints/tendons maybe just use 1 cap per day over a longer time period.
    The study was on a very low dose of Osta and it was longer.

    I think the healing would come in around the 6-8 week mark regardless of the dose of ostarine so long as it is enough. Half life is quite long and not much is known about saturation levels so its gonna take a lot time and experimenting.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  25. New Member
    dcne02's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    218
    Rep Power
    331

    Reputation

    My joints are actually killing me on Osta, finishing up week 2 as well. I didn't have any join pains before I started. The recomp effect is certainly worth the joint pain. Going to 4 caps ed tomorrow.
  26. Elite Member
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,438
    Rep Power
    2612250

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dcne02 View Post
    My joints are actually killing me on Osta, finishing up week 2 as well. I didn't have any join pains before I started. The recomp effect is certainly worth the joint pain. Going to 4 caps ed tomorrow.
    started 4 caps today......no joint pain yet
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  27. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,824
    Rep Power
    4270489

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dcne02 View Post
    My joints are actually killing me on Osta, finishing up week 2 as well. I didn't have any join pains before I started. The recomp effect is certainly worth the joint pain. Going to 4 caps ed tomorrow.

    Why do you feel the need to increase the dosage?. Just wondering because from what I have read the dosage is just fine where it is, and you could even take less and be fine. Also been reading that it takes some time for it to kick in and you will get more results later down the road. So it doesn't make much sense to raise the dosage, that will just make sure you have a shorter cycle and with this product a shorter cycle means significantly less results. Also why would you increase the dosage if you are getting side effects at the current dosage?
  28. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,824
    Rep Power
    4270489

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    started 4 caps today......no joint pain yet
    Same question to you as I just posted to dcne02...
  29. Elite Member
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,438
    Rep Power
    2612250

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Same question to you as I just posted to dcne02...
    pm'd u.....not increasing the dosage, actually will run 2 e/d
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  30. Advanced Member
    Axillist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    705
    Rep Power
    37205

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dcne02 View Post
    My joints are actually killing me on Osta, finishing up week 2 as well. I didn't have any join pains before I started. The recomp effect is certainly worth the joint pain. Going to 4 caps ed tomorrow.
    You taking anything else that could effect joints? Erase/Formastanzol? Try throwing in some cissus/fish oil/Glucosamine?
  31. New Member
    dcne02's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    218
    Rep Power
    331

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Why do you feel the need to increase the dosage?. Just wondering because from what I have read the dosage is just fine where it is, and you could even take less and be fine. Also been reading that it takes some time for it to kick in and you will get more results later down the road. So it doesn't make much sense to raise the dosage, that will just make sure you have a shorter cycle and with this product a shorter cycle means significantly less results. Also why would you increase the dosage if you are getting side effects at the current dosage?
    The write up on Osta Rx mentioned that if you're over 210 pounds that you can try increasing the dosage. Since I'm about 230 I figured I would give it a shot for a week to access the differences and sides.
  32. New Member
    dcne02's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    218
    Rep Power
    331

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Axillist View Post
    You taking anything else that could effect joints? Erase/Formastanzol? Try throwing in some cissus/fish oil/Glucosamine?
    You think it could be the lean xtreme? I'm also on ECA, but I doubt it's that.
  33. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,824
    Rep Power
    4270489

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dcne02 View Post
    The write up on Osta Rx mentioned that if you're over 210 pounds that you can try increasing the dosage. Since I'm about 230 I figured I would give it a shot for a week to access the differences and sides.

    Hmmm. I don't know about that write up then. I'm not sure that increasing the dosage based on body weight is sound science, especially with this particular product. I've talked to people that have done logs and most say it works between 10-20 mg and raising to dosage anymore doesn't really do anything. It just takes a long time to kick in. So raising your dosage would just cut your cycle length and cost you more money in the long run. Just doesn't make sense to me, but I guess if you have the money to spend on another couple bottles you could try it. Personally I'd rather have it last me longer.
  34. Senior Member
    bigdavid's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,274
    Rep Power
    19617

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dcne02 View Post
    The write up on Osta Rx mentioned that if you're over 210 pounds that you can try increasing the dosage. Since I'm about 230 I figured I would give it a shot for a week to access the differences and sides.
    They have absolutely no studies to back up any recommended dosages based on weight. That is purely marketing IMO the highest dose they used in the clinical trials was 3 mg. Going higher than 20 mg will just increase suppression risk and make you buy more product. People have used doses as high as 50 mg, but is 30 mg that much better than 20?
  35. New Member
    dcne02's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    218
    Rep Power
    331

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    They have absolutely no studies to back up any recommended dosages based on weight. That is purely marketing IMO the highest dose they used in the clinical trials was 3 mg. Going higher than 20 mg will just increase suppression risk and make you buy more product. People have used doses as high as 50 mg, but is 30 mg that much better than 20?
    I agree with all your points, but there is only one way to find out. If I up the dose, I will certainly keep everybody posted.
  36. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,824
    Rep Power
    4270489

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dcne02 View Post
    I agree with all your points, but there is only one way to find out. If I up the dose, I will certainly keep everybody posted.

    Well at least we know the marketing works.
  37. New Member
    dcne02's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    218
    Rep Power
    331

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Well at least we know the marketing works.
    Who cares. I got a few bottles, not worried about it.
  38. Board Supporter
    89coupe's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    157
    Rep Power
    530

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dcne02

    You think it could be the lean xtreme? I'm also on ECA, but I doubt it's that.
    Yes i would say its the lean xtreme. It is a great product but as good as it was it killed my joints even at 2 pills a day. I know a lot of People who use it but only a few that have the joint issues. I can't take it anymore even though it works great it's not worth the joint pain.
  39. New Member
    dcne02's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    218
    Rep Power
    331

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Yes i would say its the lean xtreme. It is a great product but as good as it was it killed my joints even at 2 pills a day. I know a lot of People who use it but only a few that have the joint issues. I can't take it anymore even though it works great it's not worth the joint pain.
    Thanks man, I will try 2 instead of 3 and see if that helps.
  40. New Member
    hyperCat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    43
    Posts
    391
    Rep Power
    321

    Reputation

    Wrapping up week 3 - this past week has basically been a wash. I've only been able to work out twice because of my work schedule and some other stuff out of my control - life has basically gotten in the way of things. Diet and sleep have kinda sucked too...

    But, I do think the Osta has allowed me to maintain muscle, and my muscles have continued to feel fuller even tho I haven't been working out much. I should be able to pick back up on my normal workout schedule this weekend, and hopefully start packing on a few lbs. I feel like that would've happened this week had I been able to keep a normal schedule - kinda feel like I'm primed to start gaining some lean body weight.

    I may be feeling some slight improvements in my tendonitis, but it's hard to judge from one day to the next. For now, I'm going to say there hasn't been any significant improvement in that area, but I'm still optimistic.

    Side effects have been fairly low. Feels like my libido has taken a slight hit, and my heart has been beating a little harder than normal recently. That could be stress-related, tho.

    Overall, pretty uneventful this week...
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Osta-Rx in pct?
    By pyrobatt in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-22-2014, 03:51 PM
  2. 6 Week Osta cycle final results w pics/bloods
    By Lightweight1 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: 08-27-2011, 06:36 AM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 12:28 PM
  4. ECA and Osta
    By TheDarkHalf in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 03:17 PM
  5. Osta on PCT
    By Rjr3412 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 04:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in