Osta Rx - week 1 down

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just some quick hits after my first week on Osta Rx. I'm taking this with the hopes of getting relief from some some tendon and joint pain, as well as some lean mass gains. I'd be very happy if I can put on 5 lbs by the time I'm done. I've been dosing this at 2 caps in the AM, along with my usual fish oil, vit C and D, and some agmatine.

I was very lethargic for the first two days. I increased my carbs because I almost felt hypoglycemic. The extra carbs seemed to do the trick. After day 4, I could see some enhanced vascularity in my forearms. Nothing spectacular, but enough for me to notice. The agmatine I'm sure is responsible for some of that, but I had already been taking the agmatine for a week or so prior to starting the Osta, so I think the Osta is responsible for some of it. After day 6, I began to feel like my workouts were becoming easier - kinda like I had an extra gear. I have also experienced some mood enhancements - I've been chattier than normal, and have overall felt good. However, I have yet to feel any relief from my tendonitis, but I hear this takes longer to achieve. Still no weight gain either, but there is definitely some leaning effects going on right now. I did feel a bit edgy today for some reason, like little things were getting to me. Not sure if this is an effect from the Osta, but thought I'd at least mention it.

I'll stick with the 2 caps for now, but will probably end up bumping it up to the recommended 3 caps sometime after the second week if I don't start noticing some weight gain or tendon relief.

More to come...

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed, I want to start taking this for that purpose.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sub

cashinova87

cashinova87

Awards
I had surgery on my shoulder 7 months ago, had a quick recovery but I still get little pains in my shoulder that remind me. Since starting osta after about 2 weeks I can't say for sure that it's because of the osta but my shoulder never had any pain in it anymore.
Hopefully you will see your tendinitis pain slowly go away.

Axillist

Axillist

Awards
I had surgery on my shoulder 7 months ago, had a quick recovery but I still get little pains in my shoulder that remind me. Since starting osta after about 2 weeks I can't say for sure that it's because of the osta but my shoulder never had any pain in it anymore.
Hopefully you will see your tendinitis pain slowly go away.
That's reassuring! That is one of the reasons I have been interested in this product is the joint healing tendencies. I also had shoulder surgery several years ago but I still have pain.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah interested to see how this turns out...

iluvredmeat

Awards
Sub'd.I'm on week two at four caps ed.Noticed a big increase in gym intensity when I bumped up the calories to 6000 ed.I too have that sense of well being.Kind of a warm fuzzy feeling.The gf has noticed this as well.I'm optimistic.

cashinova87

cashinova87

Awards
That's reassuring! That is one of the reasons I have been interested in this product is the joint healing tendencies. I also had shoulder surgery several years ago but I still have pain.
What surgery did u have?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Sub'd.I'm on week two at four caps ed.Noticed a big increase in gym intensity when I bumped up the calories to 6000 ed.I too have that sense of well being.Kind of a warm fuzzy feeling.The gf has noticed this as well.I'm optimistic.
lets us know when your body fat surpasses your muscle gains.....

iluvredmeat

Awards
lets us know when your body fat surpasses your muscle gains.....
I'm a union roofer and I need all I can get between work and working out.Some of us lead pretty demanding lives and need the energy.If my job was sedentary then yeah...it would be a concern.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just a quick update... Some sides started creeping in a couple of days ago, but have gone back in hiding for the most part. I had problems sleeping a couple of nights in a row, but slept ok last night. I also developed some acne on my forehead and chest, and my skin had gotten noticeably oilier. That, too, has seemed to mostly disappear. I was getting a little concerned that this might not be a smooth run after all, but hopefully things are back on track.

The one thing that started a few days ago that hasn't stopped is some brain fog I get an hour or so after dosing. This lasts for about 2 hours. I can handle it - just hope it doesn't get any worse.

On a positive note, I *think* my biceps tendonitis might be improving slightly. Curls didn't bother me quite as bad yesterday, so my fingers are crossed.

That's about it for now...

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm in

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Approaching the end of week 2... Ok, so I guess it was wishful thinking about my biceps tendon feeling better - it really doesn't. But it's still early, so I haven't lost hope yet.

And the last two nights I had some f'd up disturbing dreams. The first one, I dreamed that I woke up (I was dreaming that I woke up, but was obviously still sleeping), and my entire right arm had atrophied to absolute skin and bone. I had a fuggin bone for a right arm - WTF? :scared1:
Then the next night, I don't even want to discuss that one, but it caused me to wake up with the worst feeling of dread and gloom - took me all morning to get over that feeling.

There was another post somewhere on the board asking if Osta is making anyone tired. Yes, there is some lethargy, but not too bad. I've been kinda slack with keeping my carbs up recently, which was definitely helping with the lethargy.

That feel-good euphoric feeling I had during the first week has subsided a little, but I still feel pretty normal. With a PH, my anxiety level would start to ratchet up around the end of week 2. So far that hasn't really happened.

Now for the good - I'm really liking the way my body is leaning out. I'm starting to feel and look fuller, even tho I've only had slight weight gain.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the results. I just hope I don't dream up something even scarier tonight :scared:

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I suspect any sort of tendon/joint healing will take months to achieve, not weeks. The studies done were for 12 weeks I believe. And yes, there dose was much lower, but just because the dose here is a lot higher does not mean there will be more benefits in that department. Stick with it and if you are just doing it for joints/tendons maybe just use 1 cap per day over a longer time period.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Approaching the end of week 2... Ok, so I guess it was wishful thinking about my biceps tendon feeling better - it really doesn't. But it's still early, so I haven't lost hope yet.

And the last two nights I had some f'd up disturbing dreams. The first one, I dreamed that I woke up (I was dreaming that I woke up, but was obviously still sleeping), and my entire right arm had atrophied to absolute skin and bone. I had a fuggin bone for a right arm - WTF? :scared1:
Then the next night, I don't even want to discuss that one, but it caused me to wake up with the worst feeling of dread and gloom - took me all morning to get over that feeling.

There was another post somewhere on the board asking if Osta is making anyone tired. Yes, there is some lethargy, but not too bad. I've been kinda slack with keeping my carbs up recently, which was definitely helping with the lethargy.

That feel-good euphoric feeling I had during the first week has subsided a little, but I still feel pretty normal. With a PH, my anxiety level would start to ratchet up around the end of week 2. So far that hasn't really happened.

Now for the good - I'm really liking the way my body is leaning out. I'm starting to feel and look fuller, even tho I've only had slight weight gain.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the results. I just hope I don't dream up something even scarier tonight :scared:
i posted the question about lethargy......my carbs are normally where i keep them but i constantly feel tired now....

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I suspect any sort of tendon/joint healing will take months to achieve, not weeks. The studies done were for 12 weeks I believe. And yes, there dose was much lower, but just because the dose here is a lot higher does not mean there will be more benefits in that department. Stick with it and if you are just doing it for joints/tendons maybe just use 1 cap per day over a longer time period.
The study was on a very low dose of Osta and it was longer.

I think the healing would come in around the 6-8 week mark regardless of the dose of ostarine so long as it is enough. Half life is quite long and not much is known about saturation levels so its gonna take a lot time and experimenting.

dcne02

Awards
  • Established
My joints are actually killing me on Osta, finishing up week 2 as well. I didn't have any join pains before I started. The recomp effect is certainly worth the joint pain. Going to 4 caps ed tomorrow.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
My joints are actually killing me on Osta, finishing up week 2 as well. I didn't have any join pains before I started. The recomp effect is certainly worth the joint pain. Going to 4 caps ed tomorrow.
started 4 caps today......no joint pain yet

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Why do you feel the need to increase the dosage?. Just wondering because from what I have read the dosage is just fine where it is, and you could even take less and be fine. Also been reading that it takes some time for it to kick in and you will get more results later down the road. So it doesn't make much sense to raise the dosage, that will just make sure you have a shorter cycle and with this product a shorter cycle means significantly less results. Also why would you increase the dosage if you are getting side effects at the current dosage?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Axillist

Axillist

Awards
You taking anything else that could effect joints? Erase/Formastanzol? Try throwing in some cissus/fish oil/Glucosamine?

dcne02

Awards
  • Established
Why do you feel the need to increase the dosage?. Just wondering because from what I have read the dosage is just fine where it is, and you could even take less and be fine. Also been reading that it takes some time for it to kick in and you will get more results later down the road. So it doesn't make much sense to raise the dosage, that will just make sure you have a shorter cycle and with this product a shorter cycle means significantly less results. Also why would you increase the dosage if you are getting side effects at the current dosage?
The write up on Osta Rx mentioned that if you're over 210 pounds that you can try increasing the dosage. Since I'm about 230 I figured I would give it a shot for a week to access the differences and sides.

dcne02

Awards
  • Established
You taking anything else that could effect joints? Erase/Formastanzol? Try throwing in some cissus/fish oil/Glucosamine?
You think it could be the lean xtreme? I'm also on ECA, but I doubt it's that.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The write up on Osta Rx mentioned that if you're over 210 pounds that you can try increasing the dosage. Since I'm about 230 I figured I would give it a shot for a week to access the differences and sides.

Hmmm. I don't know about that write up then. I'm not sure that increasing the dosage based on body weight is sound science, especially with this particular product. I've talked to people that have done logs and most say it works between 10-20 mg and raising to dosage anymore doesn't really do anything. It just takes a long time to kick in. So raising your dosage would just cut your cycle length and cost you more money in the long run. Just doesn't make sense to me, but I guess if you have the money to spend on another couple bottles you could try it. Personally I'd rather have it last me longer.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
They have absolutely no studies to back up any recommended dosages based on weight. That is purely marketing IMO the highest dose they used in the clinical trials was 3 mg. Going higher than 20 mg will just increase suppression risk and make you buy more product. People have used doses as high as 50 mg, but is 30 mg that much better than 20?

dcne02

Awards
  • Established
They have absolutely no studies to back up any recommended dosages based on weight. That is purely marketing IMO the highest dose they used in the clinical trials was 3 mg. Going higher than 20 mg will just increase suppression risk and make you buy more product. People have used doses as high as 50 mg, but is 30 mg that much better than 20?
I agree with all your points, but there is only one way to find out. If I up the dose, I will certainly keep everybody posted.

89coupe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You think it could be the lean xtreme? I'm also on ECA, but I doubt it's that.
Yes i would say its the lean xtreme. It is a great product but as good as it was it killed my joints even at 2 pills a day. I know a lot of People who use it but only a few that have the joint issues. I can't take it anymore even though it works great it's not worth the joint pain.

dcne02

Awards
  • Established
Yes i would say its the lean xtreme. It is a great product but as good as it was it killed my joints even at 2 pills a day. I know a lot of People who use it but only a few that have the joint issues. I can't take it anymore even though it works great it's not worth the joint pain.
Thanks man, I will try 2 instead of 3 and see if that helps.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wrapping up week 3 - this past week has basically been a wash. I've only been able to work out twice because of my work schedule and some other stuff out of my control - life has basically gotten in the way of things. Diet and sleep have kinda sucked too...

But, I do think the Osta has allowed me to maintain muscle, and my muscles have continued to feel fuller even tho I haven't been working out much. I should be able to pick back up on my normal workout schedule this weekend, and hopefully start packing on a few lbs. I feel like that would've happened this week had I been able to keep a normal schedule - kinda feel like I'm primed to start gaining some lean body weight.

I may be feeling some slight improvements in my tendonitis, but it's hard to judge from one day to the next. For now, I'm going to say there hasn't been any significant improvement in that area, but I'm still optimistic.

Side effects have been fairly low. Feels like my libido has taken a slight hit, and my heart has been beating a little harder than normal recently. That could be stress-related, tho.

Overall, pretty uneventful this week...

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wrapping up week 3 - this past week has basically been a wash. I've only been able to work out twice because of my work schedule and some other stuff out of my control - life has basically gotten in the way of things. Diet and sleep have kinda sucked too...

But, I do think the Osta has allowed me to maintain muscle, and my muscles have continued to feel fuller even tho I haven't been working out much. I should be able to pick back up on my normal workout schedule this weekend, and hopefully start packing on a few lbs. I feel like that would've happened this week had I been able to keep a normal schedule - kinda feel like I'm primed to start gaining some lean body weight.

I may be feeling some slight improvements in my tendonitis, but it's hard to judge from one day to the next. For now, I'm going to say there hasn't been any significant improvement in that area, but I'm still optimistic.

Side effects have been fairly low. Feels like my libido has taken a slight hit, and my heart has been beating a little harder than normal recently. That could be stress-related, tho.

Overall, pretty uneventful this week...

thanks for the update. Very interesting indeed on this new compound.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the update. Very interesting indeed on this new compound.
I gots 2 bottles...lets see if I turn into an emotional girl like that other stuff we had.. I swear they spiked it with clomid lol

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I gots 2 bottles...lets see if I turn into an emotional girl like that other stuff we had.. I swear they spiked it with clomid lol
You running it soon? I have a feeling that it might have been real, unless my osta now is the same thing... as I feel more "emotional" not like clomid emotional, but definitely more relation seeking... more social anyway. But not alpha male social. It's very odd subtle, but when I look back on things it seems to be a slight change there.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
You running it soon? I have a feeling that it might have been real, unless my osta now is the same thing... as I feel more "emotional" not like clomid emotional, but definitely more relation seeking... more social anyway. But not alpha male social. It's very odd subtle, but when I look back on things it seems to be a slight change there.
hmm idk..maybe cause it might raise e2. But yeah I got two bottles gona two 13 mg in pct in two weeks and see how it goes. Ive ran the other stuff in pct before but its also my first time running torem and not nolva. So itll be hard to say what is what lol

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hmm idk..maybe cause it might raise e2. But yeah I got two bottles gona two 13 mg in pct in two weeks and see how it goes. Ive ran the other stuff in pct before but its also my first time running torem and not nolva. So itll be hard to say what is what lol
haha will indeed be interesting!

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Quick update - well into week 4 now. Just had another bout with acne on my chest and forehead. Seems to come and go. I also haven't had much of an appetite lately - I thought I would be wanting to eat constantly, but nope. I've managed to eat multiple smaller meals/snacks throughout the day to get my calories, so I'm managing it okay. My heart still seems to be beating a bit harder than normal, which can be annoying when trying to drift off to sleep. Nothing I can't handle at this point, tho, and phenibut seems to help with that. I've recently had some negative vibes sneak into my mental psyche, too, but not as bad as I've had with some of the ph's I've taken. Like the acne, those thoughts seem to just come and go, as well.

I have continued to lean out while maintaining my body weight (currently at 168lbs). I really hope I can add 3-4 solid lbs before I'm done. I'll probably try throwing in an extra shake here and there, and snacking more (almonds, peanuts, peanut butter toast, etc...) to force those extra calories. Overall, the sides have been manageable, and I like that overall fullness I have in my muscles - clothes are fitting much better, and overall I just feel solid. Still got that nagging biceps tendonitis, so I'm starting to think this problem may not respond to the Osta. I get real nervous when doing biceps these days, cause I just keep waiting for that thing to pop - I've heard where you need to be really careful when you have this type of tendonitis. And even then, it can just snap and you then have a window shade for a biceps. Not something I want to deal with, so I may end up getting an MRI if it doesn't improve over the next month.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Are you serious? I'm on about day 12 of clomid/PCT....and I want to kill myself already.....all emotional/depressed, and thinking about stupid shyt like if the girl at the counter thinks I am fat, or old, or whatever....thinking/stressing about things that happened a year ago....you know, getting anxious over things you usually don't stress over. Now if the damn Osta-Rx gives the same sides right after clomid, then I quit :D

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
2 caps ed with breakfast...
I was wondering whether 1 morning and 1 night, or 1 morning 1 afternoon and 1 at night (if taking 3 caps), was better than all 2-3 caps at once in the morning. I suppose it depends on the half-life, and also maybe the suppression factor might rise with spread out dosing? Not sure, stuff is too new.....