Osta Rx - week 1 down

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I was wondering whether 1 morning and 1 night, or 1 morning 1 afternoon and 1 at night (if taking 3 caps), was better than all 2-3 caps at once in the morning. I suppose it depends on the half-life, and also maybe the suppression factor might rise with spread out dosing? Not sure, stuff is too new.....
Half life is ~24 hrs so once per day is fine. I think I am going to do 2 caps and do one AM/one PM just cause I am anal like that.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Half life is ~24 hrs so once per day is fine. I think I am going to do 2 caps and do one AM/one PM just cause I am anal like that.
I'm the same way....I always spread out dosing whether the half-life is 24 hours plus or not....BUT, maybe that twice (or three times) daily protocol would lead to suppression.....I want to avoid that post-PCT, I guess once a day would be wiser.....

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I'm the same way....I always spread out dosing whether the half-life is 24 hours plus or not....BUT, maybe that twice (or three times) daily protocol would lead to suppression.....I want to avoid that post-PCT, I guess once a day would be wiser.....
If the half life is 24 hours taking it all at once or twice per day will not make much of a difference in blood level stability after a week or two on the product. And at doses under 20 mg there isn't much risk for suppression, especially at the 2 caps per day I am going to be running.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think I'm hitting the next gear - just worked arms, and I got a stupid crazy pump! My biceps tendon felt a little better, too. I don't want to get my hopes up, but my tendon may be easing just a bit - still had some twingey pain, but I welcome any improvement at this point.

BUT...

The acne on my chest is becoming an issue. My wife noticed it today, and I told her it must be a rash or something. Not that I'm really trying to hide anything, but I just don't want her getting any ideas or having to try to explain what I'm taking. But yeah, I need to figure out how to get this acne under control. Otherwise, I'm going to just bail on the Osta and bridge into some epi. I had planned to bridge into a short epi cycle after the Osta run anyway. Sucks because it feels like it's kicking in a little more now.

What is the best product out there today for acne? I haven't had to worry about acne since I was a high school punk. Will anything work on acne caused by a hormonal product? Any ideas greatly appreciated. I basically have until Sunday to get it under control (she's out of town), so I'm picking up something tomorrow - just need to know what to look for.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think I'm hitting the next gear - just worked arms, and I got a stupid crazy pump! My biceps tendon felt a little better, too. I don't want to get my hopes up, but my tendon may be easing just a bit - still had some twingey pain, but I welcome any improvement at this point.

BUT...

The acne on my chest is becoming an issue. My wife noticed it today, and I told her it must be a rash or something. Not that I'm really trying to hide anything, but I just don't want her getting any ideas or having to try to explain what I'm taking. But yeah, I need to figure out how to get this acne under control. Otherwise, I'm going to just bail on the Osta and bridge into some epi. I had planned to bridge into a short epi cycle after the Osta run anyway. Sucks because it feels like it's kicking in a little more now.

What is the best product out there today for acne? I haven't had to worry about acne since I was a high school punk. Will anything work on acne caused by a hormonal product? Any ideas greatly appreciated. I basically have until Sunday to get it under control (she's out of town), so I'm picking up something tomorrow - just need to know what to look for.

You would really quit taking it over acne?. Also it is on you chest, its not like it is on your face. I'd also make sure your wife knew or had some kind of idea of what your taking in case of an emergency or something. If you have some kind of bad reaction and the doctors need to know what you took it would be bad if no one had any clue.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You would really quit taking it over acne?. Also it is on you chest, its not like it is on your face. I'd also make sure your wife knew or had some kind of idea of what your taking in case of an emergency or something. If you have some kind of bad reaction and the doctors need to know what you took it would be bad if no one had any clue.
All valid points, but everybody has their own set of circumstances and reasons for doing things. I do have it on my forehead, but it's worse on my chest. I also have a vacation coming up soon, and I really don't want to have a bunch of splotchy acne showing when I take my shirt off - not the greatest look, especially for a 40 yr old :yuck: I should be able to find something that will help keep it under control, so chances are I'll keep going. We'll see...

Point well taken on informing the wife - something I've thought about doing before, and will take it under consideration...

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All valid points, but everybody has their own set of circumstances and reasons for doing things. I do have it on my forehead, but it's worse on my chest. I also have a vacation coming up soon, and I really don't want to have a bunch of splotchy acne showing when I take my shirt off - not the greatest look, especially for a 40 yr old :yuck: I should be able to find something that will help keep it under control, so chances are I'll keep going. We'll see...

Point well taken on informing the wife - something I've thought about doing before, and will take it under consideration...

Easy solution, just keep your shirt on.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is the acne really that bad though?. Is it one or two pimples or what?. There are a lot on kids on here so they probally have a good idea about products for acne. Not me though I'm old. Haven't dealt with acne for 20 years...

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Wait, you want to stop osta because of a little acne, but you are going to jump into an epi cycle? Any hormonal fluctuations may cause acne flair ups along with a huge list of other stressors. Just get some acne treatment OTC there is a wide range of products you can try.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wait, you want to stop osta because of a little acne, but you are going to jump into an epi cycle? Any hormonal fluctuations may cause acne flair ups along with a huge list of other stressors. Just get some acne treatment OTC there is a wide range of products you can try.

Happy birthday!. Or belated birthday. I just saw your profile says 22 now.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Topical accutane worked wonders for me back in the day for acne induced by cycles....also used to wash my face (or whatever affected area) with nizoral shampoo which seemed to help a great deal also.....

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is the acne really that bad though?. Is it one or two pimples or what?. There are a lot on kids on here so they probally have a good idea about products for acne. Not me though I'm old. Haven't dealt with acne for 20 years...
No, it's more like 30-40 pimples, and in certain places my skin actually has sort of a lumpy appearance at times. The appearance of it can change by the hour it seems like, sometimes getting better or worse.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Aside from one or two pimples here and there (as opposed to ~30 or so), I've not had this issue with epi in the past. But yeah, I'm gonna try something topical to see if that helps.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, it's more like 30-40 pimples, and in certain places my skin actually has sort of a lumpy appearance at times. The appearance of it can change by the hour it seems like, sometimes getting better or worse.
Wowser!. I didn't realize it was that bad!. I hope that doesn't happen to me. I just started taking Osta Rx last Saturday!.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Topical accutane worked wonders for me back in the day for acne induced by cycles....also used to wash my face (or whatever affected area) with nizoral shampoo which seemed to help a great deal also.....
Thanks for the info Warbird! Is accutane otc? I'll look it up...

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
actually its a nasty oral Rx with lots of harmful sides.....but the topical is harmless (as far as I was concerned at least). The topical was a prescription topical back when I used it, not even sure if they make it anymore? it was called "isotretinoin" or "isotrex"...something like that. I have empty boxes of it somewhere around here lol.....

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Happy birthday!. Or belated birthday. I just saw your profile says 22 now.
haha thank you, sir. Btw gave the metabolic diet a read and then tried out the "ultimate diet 2.0" by lyle mcdonald which was sort of an offshoot of it in a way. I'll message you about that soon don't want to talk about it here.

actually its a nasty oral Rx with lots of harmful sides.....but the topical is harmless (as far as I was concerned at least). The topical was a prescription topical back when I used it, not even sure if they make it anymore? it was called "isotretinoin" or "isotrex"...something like that. I have empty boxes of it somewhere around here lol.....
Yeah retin-A I think is the brand name but it is an RX. If you are going to go to a derm about it I suggest trying clyndamcin in the morning and something like retin-A at night that should clear you up pretty fast. The OTC stuff works well if your skin is tough mine is pretty sensitive though so all the OTC stuff makes the area raw and irritated.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
bump for update
Yeah, my bad - been meaning to update this...

So I wrapped up my 6 week Osta cycle the other day. The whole acne thing I had mentioned a few posts earlier resolved on its own a day or so later - damndest thing I've seen. I went from ~30 pimples on my chest to like 5 within a 24 hour period. But then again, I found this cycle to be kinda bizarre anyway. There were some days where I felt like it was about to really start kicking in, but it never seemed to gather any real momentum in feeling like I was making significant gains in lean body weight or strength. To be fair, there were times where my job and other obligations just didn't allow me to commit fully to my diet and workouts, so some of that is on me. A few days here or there without eating all that great or working out can impact a cycle. Most of the time I stayed on track, so perhaps I was just losing some of the momentum at times.

However, I did experience improvements in my biceps tendonitis over that last 2 weeks. I was able to start hitting my biceps a little harder than normal without as much pain, which in itself probably made this cycle worth it. It's not 100%, but I would say it went from 60% to 75% - I'll take that! Although I didn't gain any weight, I looked leaner throughout the cycle and my muscles stayed fuller - all good things. The vascularity I noticed early in this cycle didn't really last though, which is strange since I did lean out some.

Overall, I'll give it a B- (I'm really thinking C+, but giving it the benefit of the doubt). And that's at the price point I purchased at, which was $42. Perhaps my expectations were a bit higher than they should've been? Maybe I should've gone with 3 caps as directed? I don't know, but I will NOT be buying this at it's current price. I probably wouldn't spend more than $35 or so for a bottle - there were some benefits, and the sides (other than the passing acne), were mild. But it was all just a bit underwhelming for me.

Reactions: BBB
SuppJunkie

SuppJunkie

Awards
  • Established
Yo man, thank you for the update. I have a few bottles that I too purchased at the original lower price. I contemplated buying a few more bottles before the huge price jump, but never did. Now that I have read this, I will def hold off on purchasing until a good sale comes along or the price is lowered back to where it was. Based on my salary, I am not in a postion to buy the 3 bottles and 1 free bottle deal I have seen. I would def pick up a bottle here and there at the original lower price though. Anyway, again, thanks for your feedback..SJ

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I am making sure to workout 4 days a week no matter what, and mix it up rep-wise and do enough work on each bodypart, as well as stick to the keto diet 5 days a week with 2 days of 200-250 carbs per week....etc etc....I want to make sure I give this product a fair run. I usually do this anyways, but I'm making 100% sure not to deviate for the first 4-5 weeks, week 6 I'll be on vacation so.... (may as well taper out the bottle for the 6th week and see what workout accomodations I can find on the vacation week or maybe I'll do 5 weeks only) :D........

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yo man, thank you for the update. I have a few bottles that I too purchased at the original lower price. I contemplated buying a few more bottles before the huge price jump, but never did. Now that I have read this, I will def hold off on purchasing until a good sale comes along or the price is lowered back to where it was. Based on my salary, I am not in a postion to buy the 3 bottles and 1 free bottle deal I have seen. I would def pick up a bottle here and there at the original lower price though. Anyway, again, thanks for your feedback..SJ
No sweat man - hope it works well for you. While I didn't give it a glowing review, I don't think it's a bad product. I may simply not respond as well as others. Just glad I was able to give it a run at the lower price. Otherwise, I think I'd be a little bit pissed rather than just disappointed :suspect:

I am making sure to workout 4 days a week no matter what, and mix it up rep-wise and do enough work on each bodypart, as well as stick to the keto diet 5 days a week with 2 days of 200-250 carbs per week....etc etc....I want to make sure I give this product a fair run. I usually do this anyways, but I'm making 100% sure not to deviate for the first 4-5 weeks, week 6 I'll be on vacation so.... (may as well taper out the bottle for the 6th week and see what workout accomodations I can find on the vacation week or maybe I'll do 5 weeks only) :D........
More power to you Warbird! Hope it treats you well. The "no matter what" concept doesn't really work for me too well nowadays - too much sh1t going on with family and work, so I have to do the best I can. It's still a priority, just not at the very top of the list anymore... I do still enjoy moving heavy objects, tho ;)

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
No sweat man - hope it works well for you. While I didn't give it a glowing review, I don't think it's a bad product. I may simply not respond as well as others. Just glad I was able to give it a run at the lower price. Otherwise, I think I'd be a little bit pissed rather than just disappointed :suspect:

More power to you Warbird! Hope it treats you well. The "no matter what" concept doesn't really work for me too well nowadays - too much sh1t going on with family and work, so I have to do the best I can. It's still a priority, just not at the very top of the list anymore... I do still enjoy moving heavy objects, tho ;)
I hear you....just so happens I have no life right now LOL j/k......but I have plenty enough time to allot to working out and eating right at this time. I gotta say for myself that even when I had a steady gf, worked 40 plus hours, and had a pt job, maybe even school too at certain times etc....I always did find time to workout. I'm just like that :D buy yeah, most people prioritize other more important things above working out and the lifestyle....that is perfectly normal....