GLA

theamazing3000

Awards
  • Established
I don't remember where i read this so maybe someone could tell me if its true and supply me with some viable source of info on it. I recall reading that someone was using 2-3 grams of gla at bedtime as a nonstimulant fatburner. How would this be effective and has anyone given it a try.
thanks in advance for your responses!

Physicist

Awards
I've heard of CLA as a fat-burner, but never anything about GLA. All I know about GLA is that its an Omega-6 and there's some in my fish/flax/borage caps.

theamazing3000

Awards
  • Established
I have tried cla at high dosages with no success, also i remember reading at avantlabs that it causes insulin sensitivity issues.
thanks for your response anyways.
anyone else with any info on the GLA.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
I've heard of people using GLA/R-ALA in a kind of anarchy stack actually. I think Fonz talks about this on another board.

Also, I found that CLA helps more in keeping off new fat while gaining... I don't know if it's really a fat burner though. I used 4-5g with larger meals, so the daily dosage was sometimes around 12-15.

theamazing3000

Awards
  • Established
I can't really warrent spending that much money for a little fat prevention on cla.
as for fonz, from what i have read at a few boards the general concenses is he is a shady bastard. has anyone else heard of any one using gla
as always thanks to all those that reply

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I know CLA is kind of expensive which the underlying reason why people don't like it.

180g for $17
http://www.1fast400.com/?products_id=35

About Fonz... I guess I should have added "take this for what it's worth." There's a thread there on GLA, and it's not only Fonz talking about it. I just thought it might help.

theamazing3000

Awards
  • Established
Much appreciated
what board is this thread on as i am very interested in this. it would be great to have something that raises the metabolism while you sleep.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
I'll send you a PM. The (old) comments from that board say to take 2-3g GLA solo at bedtime, and that it's a non-stimulative thermogenic.

(this leads to a) [font=verdana, arial, helvetica]reduction in PGE2 levels, therefore shifting the prostaglandin spectrum to the PGF2A side, ultimately boostin lipolysis NON-STIMULATIVELY.
It will also lower Blood Glucose levels slightly(not like R-ALA so you don't get hypo), therefore lowering insulin and increasing FFA breakdown and burning(My opinion is that this is a direct consequence of BAT thermogenesis caused by the pGF2A).

Also, remember that prostaglandins are always produced at a 1:1 ratio, so by reducing PGE2 via GLA you increase overral PGF2A:total prostaglandin level differential.

Its not much.....maybe 3-4% increase in BMR but it makes a BIG difference when you're sub 10% BF and trying to drop further
down ther BF ladder.
[/font]