Considering running standalone Formestane cycle -- advice appreciated...

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a few questions regarding a standalone Formestane cycle I'm considering running. I understand that Formestane is often taken as a PCT agent; however, I have also read that Formestane acts as the steroid 4-hydroxytestosterone. Having said that, will I need to take anything else for the purpose of PCT during/after my cycle? (Running a PCT after taking a drug which, itself, is typically taken as a PCT? LOL.)

My goals are to gain lean muscle and also to lose fat. I have mild labrum tears in both of my shoulders that I'm not able to have treated for at least another few months, so I basically hoped that by taking Formestane, I could make my workouts "go further," or at least get more out of them since I'm not able to work with a lot of heavy weight.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Formestane is a good AI in my opinion i've always loved the results i've seen from it. Depending on goals it can be effective, i'm guessing with your injury your lifting light and upping the cardio? Your obviously going to have to keep calories fairly lower than normal if your trying to loose weight. Granted if your 5'10, 163 pounds man how much weight you looking to loose? Also no need for a PCT on formestane.

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for posting. LOL, yeah -- about being 5'10" and 163 pounds, I actually meant to say that I'd like to lose fat and replace it with lean mass. As far as cardio goes, I actually have a pretty slow metabolism and used to be a fat ass until I started running in 11th grade (late 2004/early 2005). Ever since then, I have made it essentially a routine to run every day of the week and am afraid to see what would happen if I stopped doing it, LOL. I usually run 7-8 miles per day.

But to clarify, I don't want to get skinny(er); I want to lose much of the fat I have, replace it with muscle, and stay generally lean (I.e., look fairly muscular and not like a fat guy who has muscles "underneath").

I'm still able to workout with weights/machines, although most free-weight exercises like the flat bench press are impossible for me to do (it just hurts my shoulders too much). For example, for my chest workout, I basically have to stick to doing the Hammer Strength Iso-Wide chest press (plate-loaded), the cable press machine, the Hammer Strength selectorized chest press machine, the Life Fitness chest press machine, fly cables, etc.

I was hoping that by taking Formestane, doing these exercises with the restricted amount of weight I'm forced to do them with would result in at least a moderate increase in the amount of lean mass I would gain (and fat I'd lose) as compared to not taking Formestane or anything else.

BTW, do you know if I'd have to worry about spurring hair loss by taking Formestane? My dad started losing his hair at ~40, and my mom's dad was totally bald, so it's going to happen to me eventually. I'm only 24, though, so I'd like to enjoy at least a few more years of having thick hair. :)

Also, do you recommend taking an oral or topical supplement, and are there any specific brands you'd recommend?

If you think there's a compound I could take other than Formestane which would exhibit a more substantial increase in lean mass/fat loss, I might be willing to take a "light" PH. If I did decide to take a PH, though, it would have to be one that is relatively side effect-free (although I realize that there's no such thing as a totally side effect-free PH). I would have no qualms about sacrificing a few pounds' worth of lean muscle gains for a less harsh side effects profile.

Thanks again for the advice!

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
gain muscle or lose fat - PICK 1. Then re-asses your options.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Your best bet is to just recomp at the moment from what it sounds like, cause your not going to gain muscle and loose fat. Your going to get one of the other. You can maintain strength through a cut if thought out properly and your diet is on par with your exercising. But that brings up another whole lot of questions.

Best option for formestane is your probably gonna have to go topical just cause its pretty much your only option at this point. You can look for Forma-Stanzol and if you can there is still some CEL Formestane.

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okay, so let's say I want to gain muscle. At my weight-to-height ratio, I think gaining muscle is definitely a more prudent goal at this point than losing fat. Would it still be worth it to take Formestane primarily to gain muscle?

I researched Forma-Stanzol and see that it contains several other compounds in addition to Formestane. Would any of these "extras" necessitate taking a PCT drug or any other drug/supplement?

Thanks again...

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
please do some research and THEN ask questions... all of this information is here on the site already.