whats good for lowering Heart rate?

TulsaTalons

Awards
anything? currently on torem/erase/ai cycle support and resting heart rate is about 90 with absolutely no stims.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Nitrates improve vasoregulatory function, but all the data is in exercising individuals. Consider supplementing 200mg ubiquinol daily with 2g PLCAR.

You should be taking 3g combined epa/dha daily from fish oil as well.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Cardio/conditioning can lower resting HR

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Cardio and conditioning was what I was going to say. Also remember your heart rate will be higher for awhile after you work out. Even resting heart rate.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Um ... stop taking Toremifene?

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
GABA, , ginseng, , SAMe,, CoQ10,, arginine

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Assuming that your diet and training are appropriate, a resting heart rate of 90 IMO should require a physician visit. I personally would never be comfortable with a HR of 90, resting with no stims. Although the normal range is 60-100bpm, I worked on cardiac ICU for a while, and no cardiologist would follow that range, especially for someone who is already exercising and eating right. I would be concerned to some extent, nothing crazy but you may find a beta blocker to be of big use. Tachycardia, fast heart rate is never a good thing. There are many bodily issues that can induce a fast heart rate like dehydration, or just an uncontrolled SA node that can not be controlled without and ablation. A weakened heart will present with a faster than normal heart rate.

90 is pretty significantly high for someone who exercises and eats decent. Maybe if you were fat and out of shape, one could say exercising to lower it, but you are already doing that. Once my HR went over 80 resting with no stims, I went on a very small dose of a beta blocker to keep it 60's range. Then i Found out mine was due to sleep apnea, which a cpap corrected my hypertension and tachycardia.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Assuming that your diet and training are appropriate, a resting heart rate of 90 IMO should require a physician visit. I personally would never be comfortable with a HR of 90, resting with no stims. Although the normal range is 60-100bpm, I worked on cardiac ICU for a while, and no cardiologist would follow that range, especially for someone who is already exercising and eating right. I would be concerned to some extent, nothing crazy but you may find a beta blocker to be of big use. Tachycardia, fast heart rate is never a good thing. There are many bodily issues that can induce a fast heart rate like dehydration, or just an uncontrolled SA node that can not be controlled without and ablation. A weakened heart will present with a faster than normal heart rate.

90 is pretty significantly high for someone who exercises and eats decent. Maybe if you were fat and out of shape, one could say exercising to lower it, but you are already doing that. Once my HR went over 80 resting with no stims, I went on a very small dose of a beta blocker to keep it 60's range. Then i Found out mine was due to sleep apnea, which a cpap corrected my hypertension and tachycardia.
^^^ this.... I used to take a medicine called atenelol when I was obese. Its very mild medicine. All it does is soften your heart beat.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
And again, you are taking Torem which can negatively effect the heart. Stop taking Torem and see if it subsides IMO. If you go to the doctor and are honest about what you are taking he/she should say the same thing.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And again, you are taking Torem which can negatively effect the heart. Stop taking Torem and see if it subsides IMO. If you go to the doctor and are honest about what you are taking he/she should say the same thing.

Yeah. There is no point in trying to cover up the side effects of one pill with another one. Find the root cause of the problem, don't just treat/cover up the symptom.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^^ this.... I used to take a medicine called atenelol when I was obese. Its very mild medicine. All it does is soften your heart beat.
Atenolol is what I used for a long time, before switching to Coreg which has alpha blocking properties. Atenolol is a beta blocker designed to increase cardiac contractility while reducing the workload of the heart which results in an increased ejection fraction from a stronger cardiac muscle contraction, thus decreasing the heart rate. Basically, it allows your heart to function much better, which slows its beating down.

Regardless though, this is something for a physician to manage and determine.. hell you could just be dehydrated.

Mike

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Atenolol is what I used for a long time, before switching to Coreg which has alpha blocking properties. Atenolol is a beta blocker designed to increase cardiac contractility while reducing the workload of the heart which results in an increased ejection fraction from a stronger cardiac muscle contraction, thus decreasing the heart rate. Basically, it allows your heart to function much better, which slows its beating down.

Regardless though, this is something for a physician to manage and determine.. hell you could just be dehydrated.

Mike
I forgot about the dehydration factor,, electrolytes may help too,,, I put a pedialyte single pack of powder in my amino drink,,, I buy bulk amino powders and mix them with water on an empty stomach,, most horrible tasting soup ever!!! The pedialyte helps with absorption and flavor!

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards

Mike
What's the difference with coreg? How is it better?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
CB - killer info once again. You own this arena of cardiac/BP issues.

WHY did you switch to an alpha blocker?

Mike

TulsaTalons

Awards

Mike
i think u might be right about the dehydration. my piss has been orange unless i pound like 3 glasses of water in a row, and ive been getting severe muscle cramps in random locations. will increase water intake and see if that helps. btw, i went to the doc and my heart rate was 105 and blood pressure was 160/95 and they didnt really seem concerned about it. the nurse that checked it was just like "oh well some people's spikes just from the doctor visit, just keep an eye on it."

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
???
If they casually dismissed those numbers, it's time to find a new doc

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
anything? currently on torem/erase/ai cycle support and resting heart rate is about 90 with absolutely no stims.
being active lowers your resting heart rate. cardio, lifting weights...etc

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
What's the difference with coreg? How is it better?
coreg is better. I wouldn't suggest it to people who do not have an actual heart condition though, that would be stupid. If you don't get an actual diagnosis and prescription from a cardiologist you probably shouldn't be messing with prescription meds that lower your heart rate. I take coreg but that is because my heart rate would be retarded w/o it.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
i think u might be right about the dehydration. my piss has been orange unless i pound like 3 glasses of water in a row, and ive been getting severe muscle cramps in random locations. will increase water intake and see if that helps. btw, i went to the doc and my heart rate was 105 and blood pressure was 160/95 and they didnt really seem concerned about it. the nurse that checked it was just like "oh well some people's spikes just from the doctor visit, just keep an eye on it."
damn I get stressed when I'm at 80-85 and 140/80 :D those #'s are very high all around. You must have went to a stupid doctors office.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
The diastolic pressure is the most important to be aware of,, 95 is super high,, I'd trust your doctor more than any of us though,,, but if I were you, I'd get a good cuff and monitor it closely,, keep a diary and take the numbers back to the doctor

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
coreg is better. I wouldn't suggest it to people who do not have an actual heart condition though, that would be stupid. If you don't get an actual diagnosis and prescription from a cardiologist you probably shouldn't be messing with prescription meds that lower your heart rate. I take coreg but that is because my heart rate would be retarded w/o it.
I take 50mg atenelol now anyhow,,, the doctor said I can quit taking it if I want to, but it's such a small dosage that it'll still be beneficial to stay on it,,, costs $3.00 a month, so no reason to stop

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I take 50mg atenelol now anyhow,,, the doctor said I can quit taking it if I want to, but it's such a small dosage that it'll still be beneficial to stay on it,,, costs $3.00 a month, so no reason to stop
so long as its prescribed....I see no problems with it, but this is the type of stuff people shouldn't take randomly "to slow down my heart rate". its serious medicine. Imagine if you take too much.....

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I don't know what you're taking it for? but this is the list of "reasons" to take the different beta blockers:

-As a second drug for high blood pressure

atenolol, metoprolol tartrate, nadolol, and
propranolol
For angina – atenolol, metoprolol tartrate, nadolol,
and propranolol
After a heart attack – atenolol, metoprolol tartrate,
and propranolol
For mild heart failure – bisoprolol, carvedilol,
and metoprolol succinate
For severe heart failure – carvedilol

carvedilol=Coreg. I take it for "heart failure", or enlarged heart, which leads to increased heart rate.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
so long as its prescribed....I see no problems with it, but this is the type of stuff people shouldn't take randomly "to slow down my heart rate". its serious medicine. Imagine if you take too much.....
Been on it for more years than I can remember,, at my heaviest I was on zestoretic 20/12.5 and atenelol 100mg.... my blood pressure back then would spike up to 180/110 on a bad day before I was put on meds

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Been on it for more years than I can remember,, at my heaviest I was on zestoretic 20/12.5 and atenelol 100mg.... my blood pressure back then would spike up to 180/110 on a bad day before I was put on meds
my BP has always been fine, 'normal', as long as I don't take the wrong PH/designer or any stims (seems DHT is the culprit as far as PH's)...I do get a lisinopril script....which I don't take if I'm not taking anything that might spike my BP....I usually only take it, with hawthorn, when I'm on some sort of PH or whatever. the coreg is not for BP purposes in my case, but more so for slowing the heart rate. I always need to take that, but something else is going on....I shouldn't have to take that much coreg with a ~50% ejection fraction....might be thyroid related....I have not been to the cardiologist for a while, we were supposed to check my thyroid #'s next appt.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
my BP has always been fine, 'normal', as long as I don't take the wrong PH/designer or any stims (seems DHT is the culprit as far as PH's)...I do get a lisinopril script....which I don't take if I'm not taking anything that might spike my BP....I usually only take it, with hawthorn, when I'm on some sort of PH or whatever. the coreg is not for BP purposes in my case, but more so for slowing the heart rate. I always need to take that, but something else is going on....I shouldn't have to take that much coreg with a ~50% ejection fraction....might be thyroid related....I have not been to the cardiologist for a while, we were supposed to check my thyroid #'s next appt.
I'm thinking that's the main reason for keeping me on atenelol is to slow and/or soften my heart rate

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I'm thinking that's the main reason for keeping me on atenelol is to slow and/or soften my heart rate
that is what I was thinking, but are you as fuqed up as before? You said you lost lots of weight and got much healthier....you may not even need BP meds or the atenolol at this time. always good to take a mild dose of either of course, keeps the heart rate low and BP low....BUT I am the type that would just as soon not take any prescription meds I don't need to....even with my xanax, I gotta be really anxious to take that. If you ever do stop taking any of them, I'd keep the stockpile of the extra pills and use them on cycle (esp when you use that tren of yours :D)

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Bro it sounds like either your kidneys or liver or not functioning at peak levels which is causing the rise in heart rate. Get those checked out through blood work.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The diastolic pressure is the most important to be aware of,, 95 is super high,, I'd trust your doctor more than any of us though,,, but if I were you, I'd get a good cuff and monitor it closely,, keep a diary and take the numbers back to the doctor
Not always true. Your pulse pressure as it narrows shows a significant threat for cardiac complications. This would be the distance between your diastolic and systolic. Being hypertensive with a normal pulse pressure is much more reassuring in terms of later in life complications then a pre hypertensive reading with a shortened pulse pressure. For instance.. 100/78 sounds good.. both numbers under the normal. The pulse pressure here is terrible though.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sup CB....unless I am misintepreting, BOTH an increased and decreased pulse pressure (using 40 as the norm) points to potential problems:

"A high pulse pressure may be a strong predictor of heart problems, especially for older adults. Generally, a pulse pressure greater than 40 mm Hg is abnormal. A pulse pressure lower than 40 may mean you have poor heart function, while a higher pulse pressure may mean your heart's valves are leaky (valve regurgitation).

The most important cause of elevated pulse pressure is stiffness of the aorta, the largest artery in the body. The stiffness may be due to high blood pressure or fatty deposits on the walls of the arteries (atherosclerosis).

The greater your pulse pressure, the stiffer and more damaged the vessels are thought to be.
Other conditions — including severe iron deficiency (anemia) and overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) — can increase pulse pressure as well."

Not always true. Your pulse pressure as it narrows shows a significant threat for cardiac complications. This would be the distance between your diastolic and systolic. Being hypertensive with a normal pulse pressure is much more reassuring in terms of later in life complications then a pre hypertensive reading with a shortened pulse pressure. For instance.. 100/78 sounds good.. both numbers under the normal. The pulse pressure here is terrible though.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
that is what I was thinking, but are you as fuqed up as before? You said you lost lots of weight and got much healthier....you may not even need BP meds or the atenolol at this time. always good to take a mild dose of either of course, keeps the heart rate low and BP low....BUT I am the type that would just as soon not take any prescription meds I don't need to....even with my xanax, I gotta be really anxious to take that. If you ever do stop taking any of them, I'd keep the stockpile of the extra pills and use them on cycle (esp when you use that tren of yours :D)
Like I said before,, the doctor said I can get off it if I want to, but I'm better off staying on it ... average 124/70 while on it,,, fluctuate between 124/70 and 140/90 when off.... it's less than $5.00 a month and I'm so used to taking it anyway,, figure I'll just stay on it

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
Just chimin in here...Yoga maybe?!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sup CB....unless I am misintepreting, BOTH an increased and decreased pulse pressure (using 40 as the norm) points to potential problems:

"A high pulse pressure may be a strong predictor of heart problems, especially for older adults. Generally, a pulse pressure greater than 40 mm Hg is abnormal. A pulse pressure lower than 40 may mean you have poor heart function, while a higher pulse pressure may mean your heart's valves are leaky (valve regurgitation).

The most important cause of elevated pulse pressure is stiffness of the aorta, the largest artery in the body. The stiffness may be due to high blood pressure or fatty deposits on the walls of the arteries (atherosclerosis).

The greater your pulse pressure, the stiffer and more damaged the vessels are thought to be.
Other conditions — including severe iron deficiency (anemia) and overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) — can increase pulse pressure as well."
You are entirely correct; I was typing that on my phone at work the other night so couldn't go into much detail, but a high, or low pulse pressure is never a good thing. 120/80 is the ideal bp with a pulse pressure of 40. A PP around 40 and above is ideal with wiggle room.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks CB

PS. Why do some medical sites say that 110/70 is the newly accepted range? If so, I'm screwed AND this country will have just effectively indirectly added millions of people to the hypertensive group!

Not too far OT but they seemed to have done this with FBS levels too. Sub 100 used to be considered acceptable. Now 85 is the new thresh hold. :p

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks CB

PS. Why do some medical sites say that 110/70 is the newly accepted range? If so, I'm screwed AND this country will have just effectively indirectly added millions of people to the hypertensive group!

Not too far OT but they seemed to have done this with FBS levels too. Sub 100 used to be considered acceptable. Now 85 is the new thresh hold. :p
Why does a cardiology practice with 10 different physicians all have different standards? haha

Very true, when i worked in cardiology, every doc had diff standards. Some brushed 140/90 off while others prepped there patients for what seemed like an impeding death.

Mike

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Why does a cardiology practice with 10 different physicians all have different standards? haha

Very true, when i worked in cardiology, every doc had diff standards. Some brushed 140/90 off while others prepped there patients for what seemed like an impeding death.

Mike
for real....there are about a dozen or so cardiologists at the office(s) I use, one will look at your echo and say your ejection fraction is 20%, the next will say 30%, the other 40% and the girl who administers the test will say 45% :D same thing with the medicine and dosages, one will say you need a script and the other will say it is not necessary for whatever reason. stupid people, you have to figure it out on your own unfortunately much of the time by researching or going by how you feel....the difference between a lousy cardiologist and a top cardiologist is just as you say.....the lousy cardiologist will tell you you are about to die.....and the top cardiologist at a more accredited hospital who knows his shyt will tell you that you will be fine. Its annoying to say the least.....

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Amen & Amen fellas ;)

Mike
for real....there are about a dozen or so cardiologists at the office(s) I use, one will look at your echo and say your ejection fraction is 20%, the next will say 30%, the other 40% and the girl who administers the test will say 45% :D same thing with the medicine and dosages, one will say you need a script and the other will say it is not necessary for whatever reason. stupid people, you have to figure it out on your own unfortunately much of the time by researching or going by how you feel....the difference between a lousy cardiologist and a top cardiologist is just as you say.....the lousy cardiologist will tell you you are about to die.....and the top cardiologist at a more accredited hospital who knows his shyt will tell you that you will be fine. Its annoying to say the least.....

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, well said!