Best GDA for High Glycemic Carbohydrates

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Best GDA for High Glycemic Carbohydrates

I was rummaging through my supplement stash and realized something. All of my GDAs suggest using complex carbs. Which is nice for when dosing preworkout. The thing is I am doing LeanGains(IF) and train fasted. I am mainly concerned about simple carbs and getting in as fast as possible post workout. At least when it comes to my first meal.

So basically any suggestions as far as GDAs that work well with simple carbs.

2. Registered User
    Answers

Don't use GDAs postworkout IMO. Muscle insulin sensitivity is already exactly where you want it to be. IF you so choose to use a GDA, agmatine + Na-R-ALA would be best.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Glycobol which contains NA-R_ALA and some other nice insulin mimetics

you can find it on nutraplanet store or at our website-I have a code that can save you 30% on all our products at our website www.aisportsnutrition.com just message me for it
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Answers

How much na rala mr cooper? Can I use just r lipoic acid? If so how much?
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sam805 View Post
    How much na rala mr cooper? Can I use just r lipoic acid? If so how much?
    300mg Na-R-ALA daily or 600mg R-ALA daily
  6. Registered User
    Answers

What is the purpose of the GDA post-workout? I've never played around with them post-workout because it never made logical sense to use them then (to me at least), but that was when I was taking in a bunch of carbs post-workout which isn't something I do anymore.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    What is the purpose of the GDA post-workout? I've never played around with them post-workout because it never made logical sense to use them then (to me at least), but that was when I was taking in a bunch of carbs post-workout which isn't something I do anymore.
    That is exactly what I noted above.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69
    Don't use GDAs postworkout IMO. Muscle insulin sensitivity is already exactly where you want it to be. IF you so choose to use a GDA, agmatine + Na-R-ALA would be best.
    Exactly! GDA's post workout are pretty redundant.

If you're looking for a gda that works well for a high gi cheat meal.... 10mg vanadyl sulfate with 200 mg chromium polynicotate. I've done the blood glucose tests and saw remarkable results.
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Answers

I'm just thinking out loud here. Would the use of a gda after a high dose of carbs, not necessarily pwo, assist in driving supplemented carnitine into the muscle? Just trying to find a way to enhance the effects of l carnitine and insulin via high glycemic carbs so I don't have to pin slin and carnitine.
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    That is exactly what I noted above.
    Yeah I was just making sure I wasn't missing something!
  11. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sam805 View Post
    I'm just thinking out loud here. Would the use of a gda after a high dose of carbs, not necessarily pwo, assist in driving supplemented carnitine into the muscle? Just trying to find a way to enhance the effects of l carnitine and insulin via high glycemic carbs so I don't have to pin skin and carnitine.
    I've already made my thoughts on this pretty clear. Just use PLCAR and insulin will no longer be a necessity.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Answers

K thanks I'll use the search thread and try to find some of your past posts
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

A a strong GDA like n-r-ala post workout with lots of carbs like 75 or more helps the carbs shuttle into the muscles more and helps the nutrients be stored more and not get wasted and helps with the excess carbs overspilling stored as fat. In addition anti-oxidant benefits of na-r-ala are incredible.

you can treat glycobol like insulin because that is how it acts. In fact Vaughtrue tested glycobol on a glucometer and got the same readings as about 10 uis of real insulin using two glycobols

a capsule of glycobol contains 250 mgs n-r-ala, which is 10-30 x's more potent than r-ala (which is more potent than ala)
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  14. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    A a strong GDA like n-r-ala post workout with lots of carbs like 75 or more helps the carbs shuttle into the muscles more and helps the nutrients be stored more and not get wasted and helps with the excess carbs overspilling stored as fat. In addition anti-oxidant benefits of na-r-ala are incredible.

you can treat glycobol like insulin because that is how it acts. In fact Vaughtrue tested glycobol on a glucometer and got the same readings as about 10 uis of real insulin using two glycobols

a capsule of glycobol contains 250 mgs n-r-ala, which is 10-30 x's more potent than r-ala (which is more potent than ala)
    I'm sorry but this post is terrible. You make a false statement in every paragraph. No offense, I generally like your input, but please reconsider what you just said.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

I'm sorry but this post is terrible. You make a false statement in every paragraph. No offense, I generally like your input, but please reconsider what you just said.
    I know exactly what i said and I can show you the post where Vaughtrue had the glucometer tests showing the readings where it compares to real insulin and the fact he has used real insulin to compare this to
  16. Registered User
    Answers

I know exactly what i said and I can show you the post where Vaughtrue had the glucometer tests showing the readings where it compares to real insulin and the fact he has used real insulin to compare this to
    Sigh.

There is no evidence that a GDA preferentially shuttles nutrients to muscle. Exercise, however, does. (parapraph 1)

Na-R-ALA does not act like insulin. (paragraph 2)

Na-R-ALA is not 10-30x more potent than R-ALA. Not even close. (paragraph 3).
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post326440333

here are Vt's glucometer results. I recommend you take the time to read this log, you seem well researched like me who has spent literally hours researching many many days for hours at a time since about 2001 on bodybuilding and has been large and in charge for ten years now.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Sigh.

There is no evidence that a GDA preferentially shuttles nutrients to muscle. Exercise, however, does. (parapraph 1)

well I have different research than yourself

try life extension magazine 2007 summer issue where there a study showing na-r-ala is 10-30 x's more potenet than r-ala
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.
    Answers

Always love your gda posts mr cooper. I learn something every time. Appreciate you taking the time to post.
  20. Registered User
    Answers

I stand by everything I said, but no point in arguing. You're just doing your job after all.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Sigh.

do you have studies because I have glucometer tests and studies

I see no evidence of your comments -why dont you dig up studies and prove them
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

its all good ,MrCooper, we all have differing views

I started taking ast's r-ala postworkout in 2004 and gained nicely full and puimped, was 230lbs natural meaning never touched a hormone, not lean, not fat. hell stronger than I am now and I take otc hormones maybe once every year-I just cant go heavy like I did due to joints are not like they were

now a days take na-r-ala and love the stuff and truley beleive it works nicely for me for anti-oxidants and fuller muscles. (and most of all health benefits)
  23. Registered User
    Answers

Both myself and my friend have written research reviews on Na-R-ALA. I have plenty of sources, but unfortunately, not plenty of energy .

One thing that we cannot dispute is that Na-R-ALA is a great ingredient that people should be using if the funds are present.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Well right now I am trying to lose some fat, but I dont want to deprive my muscles of carbs. So I am doing the Intermittent Fasting. When it comes time to eat I tear through some carbs. Post workout I had 16oz of chocolate milk, a small apple, equivalent of a cup of uncook Jasmine rice, a banana, and an 8 oz cup of blackberries. That was in a little less than a 3 hour feeding window.

Glycobol which contains NA-R_ALA and some other nice insulin mimetics

you can find it on nutraplanet store or at our website-I have a code that can save you 30% on all our products at our website www.aisportsnutrition.com just message me for it
    I have a place in mind. In fact I had SlinShot in mind, but the store I buy from doesnt carry it.

its all good ,MrCooper, we all have differing views

I started taking ast's r-ala postworkout in 2004 and gained nicely full and puimped, was 230lbs natural meaning never touched a hormone, not lean, not fat. hell stronger than I am now and I take otc hormones maybe once every year-I just cant go heavy like I did due to joints are not like they were

now a days take na-r-ala and love the stuff and truley beleive it works nicely for me for anti-oxidants and fuller muscles. (and most of all health benefits)
    It looks like this will be next on my list. Found some NeedtoSlin I can use till I stock up. It "has" the na-r-ala you all agree is a great option.

Both myself and my friend have written research reviews on Na-R-ALA. I have plenty of sources, but unfortunately, not plenty of energy .

One thing that we cannot dispute is that Na-R-ALA is a great ingredient that people should be using if the funds are present.
    Funds are not too big of an issue right now. I should be able to fit it in my cart. Just a matter of deciding what is more pressing this month.
  25. Registered User
    Answers

well I have different research than yourself

try life extension magazine 2007 summer issue where there a study showing na-r-ala is 10-30 x's more potenet than r-ala
    Thumbs up, John!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  26. Registered User
    Answers

What are the glucometer tests proving though? You haven't really disproved any of Cooper's points (which are similar to mine). Specifically the number 1, that GDA's shuttle nutrients to muscle especially in regards to postworkout.

The "potency" type issue I could really care less about. But with all due respect I don't think you've shown anything yet that says a GDA post workout is a great option. Not trying to flame, just looking for discussion.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Answers

regardless of you guys agreeing to disagree, this is great info and conversation on gda's. thanks guys this where we all learn something. Im thinking one could add na rala to dats no carb pwo protocol with out insulin? this maybe more effective than the protocol with out insulin and only a little less effective than the protocol with insulin. Thoughts?
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

I am glad we agree on something. Potent anti-oxidant and overlooked in my opinion

the reason I stopped using it pre contest was I thought it may have been hindering fat loss due to it acting similar to insulin
  29. Registered User
    Answers

I am glad we agree on something. Potent anti-oxidant and overlooked in my opinion

the reason I stopped using it pre contest was I thought it may have been hindering fat loss due to it acting similar to insulin
    It won't. Improved insulin sensitivity = less insulin output. Insulin is far more powerful at doing it's job (fat storage included) than Na-R-ALA. So in essence, it may actually aid fat loss unless you are slamming Na-R-ALA in the complete absence of carbs but with a high fat meal.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

I dont normally start threads(except logs), but with the responses I got I am glad I did.
  31. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    I dont normally start threads(except logs), but with the responses I got I am glad I did.
    Amazing post to avi correlation.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Amazing post to avi correlation.
    Haha I didnt even think of that when I wrote it. I can not take credit for it. Heretostudy made it for one of my many logs.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

I concur.

Drives me nuts to see all the BS claims stating that glucose AUTOMATICALLY preferentially ''favors" muscle cells verses fat cells.

The hype can be blamed (as usual) on the supplement companies makig false/misleading claims.

In an exercised state, perhaps (depends on other factors as well!). Otherwise, who the heck knows that you arent siimply clearing it out of the blood and into FAT CELLS!

A glucometer would NOT discern the difference! Everyone wants an insulin mimetic these days but......do people forget that Insulin "can" make you fat. Know how? By shuttling carbs into FAT CELLS for storage (same thing a GDA "can" do)!

There is no evidence that a GDA preferentially shuttles nutrients to muscle. Exercise, however, does. ).
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

I hate to split hairs here but where is the proof that the increased insulin sensitivty is exclusively in the muslce cells vs adipose tissue?

It won't. Improved insulin sensitivity = less insulin output. Insulin is far more powerful at doing it's job (fat storage included) than Na-R-ALA. So in essence, it may actually aid fat loss unless you are slamming Na-R-ALA in the complete absence of carbs but with a high fat meal.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  35. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    I concur.

Drives me nuts to see all the BS claims stating that glucose AUTOMATICALLY preferentially ''favors" muscle cells verses fat cells.

The hype can be blamed (as usual) on the supplement companies makig false/misleading claims.

In an exercised state, perhaps (depends on other factors as well!). Otherwise, who the heck knows that you arent siimply clearing it out of the blood and into FAT CELLS!

A glucometer would NOT discern the difference! Everyone wants an insulin mimetic these days but......do people forget that Insulin "can" make you fat. Know how? By shuttling carbs into FAT CELLS for storage (same thing a GDA "can" do)!

Great Post Whacked!. Agree!
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Answers

Awesome discussion.

Everyone says "proof" about nutrient shuttling compounds, but can we see proof it doesn't?

No wise ass or whatever. GDA's are very interesting, yet they seem to be in some what of an "infancy" as far as healthy adults goes.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  37. Registered User
    Answers

I concur.

I hate to split hairs here but where is the proof that the increased insulin sensitivty is exclusively in the muslce cells vs adipose tissue?
    There isn't proof. I said the exact same thing in an earlier post. The point is that reducing insulin output in the presence of carbs can be favorable for fat loss. Which is why I said you should only take it when insulin would otherwise by high. If you take it with, say, a pure fat meal, you aren't doing yourself any favors. This is all theory of course.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

with insulin even a little bit of dietary fat is stored as fat. that is why people who take insulin, if they are well studied, take low fat as possible, meaning zero fat or close to it , four hours afterwards,, or it gets stored as body fat. That is why many top amateurs and pros use it only in the off-season and not before a show.

carbohydratess it gobbles them up and stores them into the muscle. That said, you cant take 500 carbs in one meal. 10ius of insulin= about 75 carbs. two glycobols done on the glucometer test=about 10ius
  39. Registered User
    Answers

with insulin even a little bit of dietary fat is stored as fat. that is why people who take insulin, if they are well studied, take low fat as possible, meaning zero fat or close to it , four hours afterwards,, or it gets stored as body fat. That is why many top amateurs and pros use it only in the off-season and not before a show.

carbohydratess it gobbles them up and stores them into the muscle. That said, you cant take 500 carbs in one meal. 10ius of insulin= about 75 carbs. two glycobols done on the glucometer test=about 10ius
    Not sure of relevance to my post
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

A person could take 500 carbs in one meal during the offseason, yet some of it would be stored as fat; provided a person used insulin.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. carbohydrates and ckd diet
    By ryaroberts in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 11:31 AM
  2. Carbohydrates for Cardio
    By Highlanda01602 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 07:07 PM
  3. Carbohydrates and Exercise
    By matthew76 in forum Nutrition / Health