BEST BCAAS?

Page 3 of 3 First 123

  1. Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    anything using ajino bcaa's gets my vote. XF ICE and Omega Strive both kick ass, ICE tastes MUCH better, Strive is a more well rounded formula.

    I forgot about ICE . I probably haven't used it in about two years.
    As for the Ajinomoto thing, I dont get why evryone praises their stuff so much. Yes they do have some of the best quality control programs in the industry BUT they have also brought some really screwed up ingreds to the market(foods , not supps)

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    mike at competitiveedgelabs dot com



  2. Ordered recover pro red raspberry

    if i take it once (3-4 servings) is it best pre or intra workout, cant afford to take a good dose like this more than once per day?
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by miniarnold View Post
    Ordered recover pro red raspberry

    if i take it once (3-4 servings) is it best pre or intra workout, cant afford to take a good dose like this more than once per day?
    I'd say most likely 2 servings is enough at one time, and i'd go with intraworkout personally, or in the middle of whatever is your biggest gap in hours between meals.

  4. thanx, il prob go with just b4 workouts to be honest and 3 servings to make sure im covered

    i assume it will mix ok in a postworkout whey shake also? (could do 2 pre and 2 post)

  5. Quote Originally Posted by miniarnold View Post
    thanx, il prob go with just b4 workouts to be honest and 3 servings to make sure im covered

    i assume it will mix ok in a postworkout whey shake also? (could do 2 pre and 2 post)
    yep, works nice like that, the raspberry goes well with good vanillas
    •   
       


  6. thanks, ill prob do 3-4 pre workouts for now keep it simple dont fancy mixing raspberry with choc whey

  7. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    yep, works nice like that, the raspberry goes well with good vanillas
    It does, I use it with my vanilla post shake. Very tasty.
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
    http://pescience.com/insider

  8. HAD 3 servings raspberry pre wkt, pretty nice taste bit foamy but no probs goes down anyway, maybe it will improve workout performance will see

  9. Why would you mix it in a protein shake though?

    Aminos on top of aminos

    Best way to use it is fasted or immediately post workout on an empty stomach, then have your shake. Just my .02 from anecdotal feedback

  10. Quote Originally Posted by longhornsp View Post
    Why would you mix it in a protein shake though?

    Aminos on top of aminos

    Best way to use it is fasted or immediately post workout on an empty stomach, then have your shake. Just my .02 from anecdotal feedback
    Agreed, I only drink it intra or during meals to spike mTor levels.
    "I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts." - Henry Rollins
    Team En Vitro

  11. for me just using once per day then best just b4 starting workout to prevent catobolism, then whey after workouts as usual which contains aminos anyway

  12. Catabolism? Are you fasting?
    "I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts." - Henry Rollins
    Team En Vitro

  13. no i meant to reduce being catabolic by having the bcaas freshly ingested, neththeless i find pre-workout gives more piece of mind, then have the usual whey postwkt

  14. You wont go catabolic that fast. To reach a catabolic state you'd need 48-72 hours with minimal nutrition.
    "I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts." - Henry Rollins
    Team En Vitro

  15. ok
    you use them to spike mtor levels what is that again, i remember reading it somewhere but forgot

  16. Mammalian target of rapamycin, it regulates cell growth, proliferation, protein synthesis, etc
    "I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts." - Henry Rollins
    Team En Vitro

  17. Used the recover pro 3.5 servings intra workout in last 2 workouts,
    i am sure they helped me perform better giving me more endurance and not to feel fatigued like i usually feel as my carbs are moderate and my workouts are high volume so i am constantly in a semi glycogen depleted state so i can notice any change in performance i know that and my body very well, could be placebo/early days but it looks like it may be the bcaas, see how it goes it seems promising if they appear to enhance and increase workout performance they will become a staple of mine, hoping the only regret is i should have used them long ago in times of dieting etc, and the red raspberry dont taste bad either, may try lemo flavour next
    I will update when been using them a little longer.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by miniarnold View Post
    Ordered recover pro red raspberry

    if i take it once (3-4 servings) is it best pre or intra workout, cant afford to take a good dose like this more than once per day?
    I do 1 serving in the afternoon, 1 serving pre workout, and 1 serving intra workout.... Let me know your thoughts on the Recover Pro

  19. Just received my Modern BCAA from nutraplanet ... that is some seriously nondissolving stuff... nothing I could do would make it dissolve,, even used a stick blender in warm water,,, the flavor (grapple) was palatable though

  20. Quote Originally Posted by jiggamanbill View Post
    I do 1 serving in the afternoon, 1 serving pre workout, and 1 serving intra workout.... Let me know your thoughts on the Recover Pro
    see above mate

  21. Quote Originally Posted by grngoloco View Post
    Just received my Modern BCAA from nutraplanet ... that is some seriously nondissolving stuff... nothing I could do would make it dissolve,, even used a stick blender in warm water,,, the flavor (grapple) was palatable though


    warm water... yikes... not sure how that would taste haha

    With ours you have to shake it.... wait a minute or two and keep shaking it for it all to dissolve

  22. Quote Originally Posted by grngoloco
    Just received my Modern BCAA from nutraplanet ... that is some seriously nondissolving stuff... nothing I could do would make it dissolve,, even used a stick blender in warm water,,, the flavor (grapple) was palatable though
    Probably best to shake it a couple times then let it sit for a minute or two. I've left 15 grams of bcaas mixed in a bottle of Gatorade overnight and the next morning there were no leucine floaties. Then I took my Gatorade, put it in my golf bag, and off I went!
  23. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by grngoloco View Post
    Just received my Modern BCAA from nutraplanet ... that is some seriously nondissolving stuff... nothing I could do would make it dissolve,, even used a stick blender in warm water,,, the flavor (grapple) was palatable though
    "Using very cold water can hinder solubility and cause foaming."

    Even when I use NutraPlanet bulk BCAA (not ultra-micronized) I use cool/room temperature water then place in refrigerator overnight - dissolved. I make mine up before bed and place in the fridge. In the morning take it with me on the way to the gym at 4:00AM. They're BCAA - they don't dissolve instantly or quickly - plan ahead if it is necessary.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn
    "Using very cold water can hinder solubility and cause foaming."

    Even when I use NutraPlanet bulk BCAA (not ultra-micronized) I use cool/room temperature water then place in refrigerator overnight - dissolved. I make mine up before bed and place in the fridge. In the morning take it with me on the way to the gym at 4:00AM. They're BCAA - they don't dissolve instantly or quickly - plan ahead if it is necessary.
    I know with a lot of stuff, if you let it sit in water too long it begins to break down and lose efficacy,,, is this not the case with BCAA's?

  25. Quote Originally Posted by jiggamanbill

    warm water... yikes... not sure how that would taste haha

    With ours you have to shake it.... wait a minute or two and keep shaking it for it all to dissolve
    I was going to pour it over ice if and when it dissolved... even with the foamy, chunky leucine, it was palatable,, my powdered arginine is much much worse, for taste at least,,
  26. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by grngoloco View Post
    I know with a lot of stuff, if you let it sit in water too long it begins to break down and lose efficacy,,, is this not the case with BCAA's?
    Predigested branch chain amino acid sitting in cold water for 6 hours will break down...into? Serious question. I've yet to hear a seriously believable answer.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn
    Predigested branch chain amino acid sitting in cold water for 6 hours will break down...into? Serious question. I've yet to hear a seriously believable answer.
    If it breaks down molecularly it could turn into a completely different chemical,, take olive oil, for example, when over heated the molecular chain breaks apart and it turns into a completely different chemical that's carcinogenic ... this is just an example of what happens with olive oil... I have no idea if this could possibly happen with bcaa's

  28. Quote Originally Posted by grngoloco

    If it breaks down molecularly it could turn into a completely different chemical,, take olive oil, for example, when over heated the molecular chain breaks apart and it turns into a completely different chemical that's carcinogenic ... this is just an example of what happens with olive oil... I have no idea if this could possibly happen with bcaa's
    On the flip side it could break down, but not molecularly, and absorb more readily
  29. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by grngoloco View Post
    If it breaks down molecularly it could turn into a completely different chemical,, take olive oil, for example, when over heated the molecular chain breaks apart and it turns into a completely different chemical that's carcinogenic ... this is just an example of what happens with olive oil... I have no idea if this could possibly happen with bcaa's
    You are introducing energy or a power to transform it's state or otherwise break it down molecularly. With the BCAA you are doing noting at all with it but immersing it in water and keeping it at a stable cold state. It is not breaking down molecularly. There is nothing more going on with it than what was going on with it in the container it sat in for months before your poured it in the water.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn
    You are introducing energy or a power to transform it's state or otherwise break it down molecularly. With the BCAA you are doing noting at all with it but immersing it in water and keeping it at a stable cold state. It is not breaking down molecularly. There is nothing more going on with it than what was going on with it in the container it sat in for months before your poured it in the water.
    That makes perfect sense,, the same as with any freeze dried substance, such as HCG,, definitely a valid question, but definitely a plausible answer as well
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Are BCAAs even necessary
    By Jameson653 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 03-26-2012, 08:03 AM
  2. Bad BCAAs
    By ticco in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 08-05-2010, 06:00 AM
  3. BCAAS
    By greekgeorge in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 11:15 PM
  4. Bad BCAAs?
    By ticco in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 10:03 AM
  5. BCAAs...when?
    By MentalTwitch in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Log in
Log in