BEST BCAAS?

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
Prob been asked a million times but what are the best bcaa supplements, and do they need to be instantized and does this mean simply quicker digestion?

so many to choose, whats A good ratio/ the best ratio etc, more leucine the better??

Looking at-

USP
OLIMP BCAA EXPLODE
OPTIMUM NUTRITION
A.INNOVATONS RECOVER PRO
SCI-VATION EXTEND

To much choice, never used b4 but want to start with them pre-workouts

Thanks FOR HELP

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
its impossible to answer: purple wraath, recover pro, n'gage, xtend, intra fuel, bulk modern, all good ones....find one that fits your budget and tastes decent....im currently using body mortar, ergo blitz has a huge sale atm

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
if you want higher luecine then go with 4:1 or 8:1....recoverpro is 4:1

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
personally I'm a fan of 2:1:1 but 4:1:1 is fine and even 8:1:1 is ok if you're getting plenty of protein in your diet. Just get something that's cheap and tastes decent like hvactech said. Personally I like Xtend watermelon, dymatize recoup (orange or lemonade) and atomic 7 by universal. All are usually around the same price, use 2:1:1, and have a nice flavor to them

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
personally I'm a fan of 2:1:1 but 4:1:1 is fine and even 8:1:1 is ok if you're getting plenty of protein in your diet. Just get something that's cheap and tastes decent like hvactech said. Personally I like Xtend watermelon, dymatize recoup (orange or lemonade) and atomic 7 by universal. All are usually around the same price, use 2:1:1, and have a nice flavor to them
i forgot about recoup elite...good stuff, or ON amino energy...purp wraath is my fav

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
And do they have to be instantized does that just mean faster digestion, is the higher the leucine content the better? (4:1 1 / 8:1 1)

UKNoko

UKNoko

Awards
Instantized are more palatable and otherwise it does not matter, IMHO. 8:1:1 supposed to be better.

808shredded

Awards
  • Established
4:1 or 8:1 is the best as far as bcaa ratios is concerned. I have tried elite recoup, amino energy(caffiene) and amino x. amino x is effervesent so watch out when u shake it up.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
instantized or not only affects whether some of it is visible in the drink, your body still breaks it down super fast either way.

So the main things to look at are the taste which is subjective of course (so ask for samples, I can have you sent AI sports samples), and cost per serving. If you want to hit the 5g leucine in a single drink in a small amount of time which gives you higher muscle protein synthesis, the 4:1:1 or 8:1:1 are better than the 2:1:1. I think the recoverpro lemon is one of the best tastes out there vs the pile of different ones I've tried.

Oh, also it may depend a little on your useage. If I'm not using a preworkout, I like to use VPX Powershock as a pre+intra workout. Its their BCAA nitrate product, as it does also have citrulline + beta alanine in it, and the nitrates give a nice boost without being stimmy.

So anyone who hasn't already gotten an AI Sports sample pack, just pm me your real name, address and either email or phone, and i'll get it sent out to you. Includes recoverpro plus a bunch of other goodies.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
I like recover pro...red raspberry....delicious too

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For me i slam some bulk bcaa's before and after workout mixed with orange juice or something else. Then i sip Neogenix Intrafuse through out my workout, the fruit punch flavor is actually pretty darn good. I love it cause it has whey protein hydrolysate and leucine keeps my going through my grueling workouts.

lightsout56

Awards
cant beat xtend. great tasting reasonably priced and best ratio for me anyway

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
Thanks guys, so is just 1 serving of these products enough pre-workout?

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
instantized or not only affects whether some of it is visible in the drink, your body still breaks it down super fast either way.

So the main things to look at are the taste which is subjective of course (so ask for samples, I can have you sent AI sports samples), and cost per serving. If you want to hit the 5g leucine in a single drink in a small amount of time which gives you higher muscle protein synthesis, the 4:1:1 or 8:1:1 are better than the 2:1:1. I think the recoverpro lemon is one of the best tastes out there vs the pile of different ones I've tried.

Oh, also it may depend a little on your useage. If I'm not using a preworkout, I like to use VPX Powershock as a pre+intra workout. Its their BCAA nitrate product, as it does also have citrulline + beta alanine in it, and the nitrates give a nice boost without being stimmy.

So anyone who hasn't already gotten an AI Sports sample pack, just pm me your real name, address and either email or phone, and i'll get it sent out to you. Includes recoverpro plus a bunch of other goodies.

Thanks for info, wouldnt mind a sample pack but doubt you could get it to me over here...bummer

longhornsp

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You'll want to shoot for 10 grams of BCAA imo

I use them fasted so take that with a grain of salt. I've never been a big believer in aminos if you're eating regularly and drinking shakes. However they help a ton for my fasted morning workouts and long cardio sessions

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Yes, 1 serving will yield results! :) Most people aim for 2-5 servings per day, however. It depends on caloric intake, body size, etc.

Purple WRAATH, Xtend, RP... all good products

As EasyE said, taste is a big factor. I also like the extras that come in PW, like Beta Alanine, Ginger, Norvaline, as well as the EAAs. It definitely gives it an extra kick that comes in handy during W/O!

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
Thanks fellas, think i will just be using them pre-workouts trying to find a good ratio thats affordable.

Curious Any1 actually notice any performance benefits from bcaas or is it more like a mental re assurance knowing they do some good but cant notice anything?

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
i love recover pro lemon and i have a jug of it, but after seeing how Modern BCAA mixes I have to say i see that being my new BCAA of choice.

Really if you pick from any of the above you can not go wrong good values for the dollar..

rhgunner

Awards
I workout fasted, so I take formula-X preworkout and RecoverPro during. It works good for me.

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
cheers fellas, recover pro looks a popular affordable option

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
it is great it is just the white fluffy stuff that drives me crazy.. but it is loads better at mixing for me than x-tend (og version) ever was.

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
it is great it is just the white fluffy stuff that drives me crazy.. but it is loads better at mixing for me than x-tend (og version) ever was.
recover pro is hard to mix?, any bcaa supps that are good or easy to mix then or are they all similar?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
recover pro is hard to mix?, any bcaa supps that are good or easy to mix then or are they all similar?
a little bit of foaminess right after you shake it that goes down, and some of the leucine may stay floating around. Not a ton of it, but some.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
the fluffy puff never go away fully for me. that is using room temp water and leaving it out over night. its not bad but enough to be annoying.. better than the crystals x-tend left behind though. talk about choke city.

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
wouldnt see that as a prob with any supp as long as it isnt terrible to mix, am sure they would go down the hatch with a couple of swigs

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
wouldnt see that as a prob with any supp as long as it isnt terrible to mix, am sure they would go down the hatch with a couple of swigs
It's really not I'm just being uber picky. Recover pro is great :). And lemon wins until orange creamcicle comes out :)

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
I let my recoverpro sit for a couple minutes and it's completely mixed..

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Prob been asked a million times but what are the best bcaa supplements, and do they need to be instantized and does this mean simply quicker digestion?

so many to choose, whats A good ratio/ the best ratio etc, more leucine the better??

Looking at-

USP
OLIMP BCAA EXPLODE
OPTIMUM NUTRITION
A.INNOVATONS RECOVER PRO
SCI-VATION EXTEND

Thanks FOR HELP

Scivation XTEND.

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
Ajipure leaves the least amount of foam after shaking

crewchief182

crewchief182

Awards

Looking at-

USP
OLIMP BCAA EXPLODE
OPTIMUM NUTRITION
A.INNOVATONS RECOVER PRO
SCI-VATION EXTEND

Thanks FOR HELP
USP Modern Bulk Blue Raz tastes like dirty feet. I'm looking for an alternative as we speak, so thanks for asking a good question.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lots of "IMO"s in this thread. OP, check out some of the articles and studies on BCAAs by Layne Norton.

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
Lots of "IMO"s in this thread. OP, check out some of the articles and studies on BCAAs by Layne Norton.
I tried googling for these but didn't find too much, I know he had one on cutting with bcaas, post any links if you know where the articles are

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He had asked the better of several brands/manufacturers. Making the assumption that they all meet CoA then the issue is price and maybe ratios.

USPowders Modern BCAA is 8:1:1 and $25/kilo. When you beat that price let me know.

NutraPlanet BCAA's is 2:1:1 and $40/kilo.

AI RecoverPRO BCAA is 4:1:1 and $50/kilo.

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
Do they all have to be mixed in a shaker or can they just be stirred in a glass?

Is the raspberry recover pro a nice flavour?

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Do they all have to be mixed in a shaker or can they just be stirred in a glass?

Is the raspberry recover pro a nice flavour?
I Usually just use a glass and stir with a fork,who cares about a little bit of floating leucine on top.

Raspberry recoverpro is awesome tasting, that being said I haven't tried modern bcaa yet, mines on the way in the mail.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
He had asked the better of several brands/manufacturers. Making the assumption that they all meet CoA then the issue is price and maybe ratios.

USPowders Modern BCAA is 8:1:1 and $25/kilo. When you beat that price let me know.

NutraPlanet BCAA's is 2:1:1 and $40/kilo.

AI RecoverPRO BCAA is 4:1:1 and $50/kilo.
Hard to beat that price

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
anything using ajino bcaa's gets my vote. XF ICE and Omega Strive both kick ass, ICE tastes MUCH better, Strive is a more well rounded formula.

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
prob going with recover pro as its affordable and a middle of the road option and seems popular, raspberry if i can get it if not lemon flavour

looked at usp modern bcaa was the favourite but it isnt affordable to me as they dont make big tubs of it, am i correct?