Anti Anxiety Supplements

Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
  1. Registered User

Taurine with magensium worked wonders for me when I was suffering anxiety caused by faulty adrenals!

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    ^ I wouldn't call Mg and Ca trace minerals, but I can agree that Mg has a nice "mellowing out" effect. Ca and Se not so much.
    I jumped the gun -- yes true ionic trace minerals and elements would be in abundance of 72 or so, derived form seawater or rock etc...

I think balancing out all minerals & TRACE minerals could change the way a person feels in a positive way.

-Matt
    Buy IronMagLabs products and SAVE with matt15

Buy BlackStone Labs product and SAVE with matt10

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter View Post
    I jumped the gun -- yes true ionic trace minerals and elements would be in abundance of 72 or so, derived form seawater or rock etc...

I think balancing out all minerals & TRACE minerals could change the way a person feels in a positive way.

-Matt
    Hey Matt, can you elaborate on this? How would one go about doing this?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  271 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by saggy321 View Post
    Taurine with magensium worked wonders for me when I was suffering anxiety caused by faulty adrenals!
    wut
  5. Registered User

Great thread!
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

I recently read some studies on creatine having anti depressant properties which could translate to less anxiety. Also, beta alanine induced "bravery" in another study. Agmatine, gave me a good well being sense.

I tried theanine in the form of sun theanine and it helped me sleep but no anxyilotic effect. I drink a lot of green tea though so I'm sure that had something to do with it.

Creatine should be a staple for everyone in my opinion though. Its been getting more and more praise in the medical community for being neuroprotective also. TONS of health benefits. Mono or MCC get on it.

I don't remember who posted it but Dramamine in a pinch oddly enough works for my mom (generalized anxiety).

Phenibut only when needed... Also, if anyone has spare time do a quick google search on phenibut passion
    a fun little side benefit

- Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Also, just so everyone knows during times of stress/anxiety some individuals will have episodes of intense heartburn. The body will excrete extra stomach acid (hydrochloric acid) which will only make anxiety worse. Sometimes a quick fix is an antacid like gaviscon - liquid not chewable.

- Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  8. Registered User

L-theanine. My wife swears by it. Worked better for her than any prescription she was given.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'2"   lbs.

Herbs like passionflower and skullcap work very well in reducing tension and anxiety as well as easing some bouts of insomnia in mist individuals.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    National Level NPC Competitor
    Sponsored Athlete for Muscle Gauge Nutrition
    www.facebook.com/VanessaValdez.National.Competi tor
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

I'll add that rhodiola rosea might be looked into. It won't work as an anxyilotic in the sense that Aniracetam or l-theanine will, but it is an adaptogen and that helps the body deal with stress better. I found that it helps cope with high anxiety times by not allowing my mind and body to get as anxious, so it isn't as hard to come down from it.
  11. Banned

Personally Demiurge definitely helped me become more outgoing and social. So, maybe look into some nootropics... another option is something like st johns wort, passion flower, or something calming like chamomile tea
  12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla99 View Post
    wut
    Over-taxed my adrenals through a combination of excessive stimulant use, training fasted and sever calorie restriction, which resulted in a series of symptoms, one of which was the randomn on-set of anxiety throught the day.
  13. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Veritatis View Post
    Personally Demiurge definitely helped me become more outgoing and social. So, maybe look into some nootropics... another option is something like st johns wort, passion flower, or something calming like chamomile tea
    Demiurge is great for studying but it's anxiogenic man...
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Yes, that is what I have read and several posters on here have mentioned the same. It seems it would be the opposite of making someone outgoing and social.
  15. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Yes, that is what I have read and several posters on here have mentioned the same. It seems it would be the opposite of making someone outgoing and social.
    Well, it would make you more energetic and outgoing by virtue of its stimulant properties, but it would increase anxiety by the same mechanism.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Right, I understand that part. I think what I was getting at was that if someone was prone to anxiety anyway, adding the energy in social situations would seem to be counterproductive. I think it is better to have a relaxed mind in social situations.
  17. Registered User

Right, I understand that part. I think what I was getting at was that if someone was prone to anxiety anyway, adding the energy in social situations would seem to be counterproductive. I think it is better to have a relaxed mind in social situations.
    precisely. Just look at common medications for GAD, mechanistically speaking
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Simple... KAVA KAVA root (its like Xanax, but natty and without the sides) It has been a god send to me!
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    Cannabis and/or mindfulness meditation... along with a host of other mental methods of dealing with or eliminating anxiety.
    yeah but it sucks when you mind makes anxiety out of the cannabis also. I have a medical card for severe spinal pain (car accident) and wen I have allot of stress and anxiety comes on and turns to panic... then even the cannabis seems to make it worse. sucks it can help or hurt depending on your thoughts.
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.
  20. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Blergs View Post
    Simple... KAVA KAVA root (its like Xanax, but natty and without the sides) It has been a god send to me!
    Kava kava is pretty awesome for mellowing you out. I just wouldn't use it chronically due to potential health concerns (skin and liver damage)
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by WPChickDiesel View Post
    Herbs like passionflower and skullcap work very well in reducing tension and anxiety as well as easing some bouts of insomnia in mist individuals. Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    I use this in a mix of herbs for sleep Valerian is a bit part of that mix. during the day I like kava though. sometimes ill have a weak tea of it during day.
    LG Sciences Board Rep
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

yeah but it sucks when you mind makes anxiety out of the cannabis also. I have a medical card for severe spinal pain (car accident) and wen I have allot of stress and anxiety comes on and turns to panic... then even the cannabis seems to make it worse. sucks it can help or hurt depending on your thoughts.
    That's probably because you are purchasing a sativa, when you need to be purchasing an indica or a blend.

As far as kava kava, yeah, it is pretty amazing- but it wipes me out and doesn't work in a social setting.
  23. Banned

Experiencing anxiety from Demiurge is actually pretty rare, and usually doesn't occur unless higher dosages are used... such as 300 mg+. Overall, though present, the stimulating properties of demiurge are somewhat mild. Though I guess if you are already prone to anxiety it could make it worse.... regardless, do check out something like passion flower, Kava or chamomile tea
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

There are varieties of Kava that are more relaxing than others. Some actually hype me up and keep me awake. My adenoids usually get inflamed after using it so I do think the claims of mild toxicity are valid...or I have an allergy.

Reishi mushroom is actually pretty relaxing stuff as well but can give me insomnia in a dose dependent manner..ie higher doses seem to knock me out, but then I wake up a few hours later fully wired.

Relora and Theanine are my go-to stack for anti-axiety and fully alert and functional mode. If the stress is terrible, I will add in a quality lemon balm tincture (Herb Pharma).

Holy Basil is another good anxyolitic with cortisol and blood sugar controlling properties. At high doses, stacked with Relora it is also pretty good for burning fat.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'2"   lbs.

I use this in a mix of herbs for sleep Valerian is a bit part of that mix. during the day I like kava though. sometimes ill have a weak tea of it during day.
    ohh yesss,, i used kava kava in the day time as well in the past with great mild calming results. Valerian root is super effective (at night only) if you can just get past the manure smell! lol
    National Level NPC Competitor
    Sponsored Athlete for Muscle Gauge Nutrition
    www.facebook.com/VanessaValdez.National.Competi tor
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.

I have a herbal blend of Melissa,Mint,Chamomille,Valeri an.

I also have GABA but I haven`t tried it yet.

Was looking into suntheanine,phenibut and kava.
  27. Registered User

Experiencing anxiety from Demiurge is actually pretty rare, and usually doesn't occur unless higher dosages are used... such as 300 mg+. Overall, though present, the stimulating properties of demiurge are somewhat mild. Though I guess if you are already prone to anxiety it could make it worse.... regardless, do check out something like passion flower, Kava or chamomile tea
    You are confusing the situation here. If you have generalized anxiety disorder, as appears to be the case with OP, then demiurge is a very poor recommendation. In contrast, I would obviously not be afraid of recommending demiurge to someone who does not have a clinical condition and I use it regularly; but that has nothing to do with this thread, in which the OP is quite literally seeking out the exact opposite of what demiurge would provide.
  28. Banned

You are confusing the situation here. If you have generalized anxiety disorder, as appears to be the case with OP, then demiurge is a very poor recommendation. In contrast, I would obviously not be afraid of recommending demiurge to someone who does not have a clinical condition and I use it regularly; but that has nothing to do with this thread, in which the OP is quite literally seeking out the exact opposite of what demiurge would provide.
    I agree, and when I first made the post I didnt realize the situation. Though, afterwards I simply wanted to note that for those who don't suffer from a anxiety disorder, demiurge shouldn't provide it.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  244 lbs.

subscribing to this thread as it is relative to my interests.

i have some 5-htp......how should i dose it, guys?
  30. Registered User

I agree, and when I first made the post I didnt realize the situation. Though, afterwards I simply wanted to note that for those who don't suffer from a anxiety disorder, demiurge shouldn't provide it.
    Yup, great product, I'm on bottle 6 right now
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.

Gonna order some l theanine before finals hit so I can nip this test anxiety in the butt.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  244 lbs.

Yup, great product, I'm on bottle 6 right now
    i don't want to side track the thread at all. was curious and did a quick search...
    "Demiurge is phenylpiracetam, a multifaceted compound with nootropic, adaptogen, and stimulant properties."

what effects do you get form it, Coop?
  33. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by uforce View Post
    i don't want to side track the thread at all. was curious and did a quick search...
    "Demiurge is phenylpiracetam, a multifaceted compound with nootropic, adaptogen, and stimulant properties."

what effects do you get form it, Coop?
    There's really no comparison. I use it exclusively for all-nighters and pre-exam, at doses of 400-800mg. It is a strong mental stimulant (jitter-free), causes a sharp rise in thermogenesis, but most importantly, is one of few supplements to provide a true, noticeable increases in focus and mental acuity, especially when combined with caffeinated focus XT and ephedrine. Subjectively, I do notice a difference on those "fringe" exam questions in which the answer isn't totally clear and you have to use an educated guess. And my exam scores reflect its use as well, albeit mildly.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.

There's really no comparison. I use it exclusively for all-nighters and pre-exam, at doses of 400-800mg. It is a strong mental stimulant (jitter-free), causes a sharp rise in thermogenesis, but most importantly, is one of few supplements to provide a true, noticeable increases in focus and mental acuity, especially when combined with caffeinated focus XT and ephedrine. Subjectively, I do notice a difference on those "fringe" exam questions in which the answer isn't totally clear and you have to use an educated guess. And my exam scores reflect its use as well, albeit mildly.
    That and studying will reflect exam scores :]
  35. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    That and studying will reflect exam scores :]
    When the latter is maxed out, new variables come into play
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  244 lbs.

picked up some L-Theanine, Relora, and Kava to experiment with....

do these products take effect immediately? or do they build over time?

what dosage, and combination of these should I start with? any advice?
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

I can only speak for kava and L-theanine, but they work immediately.

l-theanine- allow 45min-1 hr on an empty stomach
    kava kava- after about 30 min, I feel a wave of calmness and this will last 3-4 hours. I take this VERY sparingly and only when I have a very high stress event coming up. Too much and it makes you drowsy and slow minded similar to a lot of valium.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  244 lbs.

I can only speak for kava and L-theanine, but they work immediately.

l-theanine- allow 45min-1 hr on an empty stomach
    kava kava- after about 30 min, I feel a wave of calmness and this will last 3-4 hours. I take this VERY sparingly and only when I have a very high stress event coming up. Too much and it makes you drowsy and slow minded similar to a lot of valium.
    yeah, maybe i'll save kava for something like Christmas dinner at the grandparents house. 30+ people plus a bunch of kids.

i realize i'll have to experiment....but any recommendation on dose?
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

100mg of l-theanine
    I take 150mg of kava w/ 75mg of kavalactones

Don't drink on kava. It is already harsh on your liver and the drinking will compound this and make you really tired.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  244 lbs.

a little update

took...

100mg L-Theanine
    300mg Relora

once before bed last night.....then again around 7:30 this morning.

as far as calmness and the ability to perform stressful tasks, i had a great day. i hope it continues to have this effect. we'll see....
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anti-Anxiety supplements
    By ms8172 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 02-01-2014, 10:58 AM
  2. best supplements for anxiety?
    By bill86 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 09-27-2011, 03:02 PM
  3. Anxiety and Depression Supplements
    By chainsaw in forum Supplements
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 01:59 PM
  4. Best supplements for anxiety
    By machine528 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 05:16 PM
  5. Do anti-anxiety type meds lower cortisol?
    By rkretz in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-20-2006, 03:07 PM