Anti Anxiety Supplements

Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

1. Does the Phenibut make you tired? SJ

2. Yeah knocks me right out! Its a great sleeping pill for me.... Only prob is taking it to often. Havent noticed any addicrion though
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Picamilon-150 is great for consistent usage. It is a form fo GABA that actually crosses the BBB, very effective.

Agmatine has mild anxiolytic effects if your anxiety is nothing serious.

Phenibut is good for occassional use (1-2 times per week MAXIMUM), but when you do use it, it GREATLY reduces anxiety.
    How would you dose picamilon pre-wo?

4. Quote Originally Posted by PuZo View Post
    I wouldn't use it preworkout. I understand GABA boosts GH levels, but the transient increase is not worth feeling "relaxed" for sympathetic activity.

5. Quote Originally Posted by PuZo

I wouldn't.

6. I started taking agmatine about a month ago based on Mr Cooper's comments about it having feel good properties and I can really get behind it. The pumps are ridiculous, like almost everyone mentions, but what I notice is a general sense of easiness. Nothing that I would say is definitive or that stands out, but just a good, casual feeling throughout the day. I think it has helped a bit of my anxiety because I feel comfortable and my brain isn't going 100 mph.

Of course seeing your veins sticking out of your forearms when you are sending emails all day helps the feel good too!

7. L-theanine and rhodiola during the week, and phenibut during the weekend. This little schedual I got going has been the most effective anti-anxiety to date. I also just picked up some agmatine which seems to also have a nice relaxing "cool" feeling.

8. So for those of you with experience with rhodiola, can you explain the feeling? I read the reviews but they don't offer more than "it gives you energy...or I feel so much better..".

9. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    L-theanine. Hands down. I've researched this a lot over the years because I tend to have anxiety a bit and it drove me crazy. I tried gaba, 5-htp, valerian, kava, etc. I found suntheanine a few years ago right before I was going to look for something prescribed and learned a lot about it. I gave it a shot and have never looked back. On normal days I will take 100mg and on particularly anxious days or before a work meeting, I will take 200mg.
    that's is the only thing that helped my buddy with his anxiety

10. It's more just a sense of well being for me. Helps me deal in a better way with stressful situations day to day. Nothing drastic by any means for myself but it puts my mind a little more at ease.
    •   

11. Got my girlfriend some phenibut because she would have panic attacks occassionally. She says it helps a lot.

12. Quote Originally Posted by kaikara View Post
    Got my girlfriend some phenibut because she would have panic attacks occassionally. She says it helps a lot.
    Favorite supplement, all I need is one to feel like a million bucks and 2-3 if I want the best sleep of my life. To bad I cant be on this 7 days a week.

13. Thanks, I've decided to pick some up today and report back. Based on the comments around here and the reviews, I think it is worth trying, especially for the price. I really like supplements that help overall well being/mental capacity, and that can be used daily.

14. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Thanks, I've decided to pick some up today and report back. Based on the comments around here and the reviews, I think it is worth trying, especially for the price. I really like supplements that help overall well being/mental capacity, and that can be used daily.
    rhodiola right? Yeah let us know, I should be getting my Suntheanine any day, really hoping that helps clear the general anxiety.

15. Quote Originally Posted by vpower View Post
    rhodiola right? Yeah let us know, I should be getting my Suntheanine any day, really hoping that helps clear the general anxiety.
    Tried both. I got nothing out of Suntheanine and Rhodiola only gave me insomnia.

16. The combo of suntheanine and agmatine has me so perfect lately. I feel like it couldn't get better, but I am going to add the rhodiola to see what a god feels like. lol

17. Those of you taking Phenibut, what dosage?

18. How would you dose the Phenibut. Can I take it on days I work. I dont want to be very tired when I am working or anything. SJ

BTW, I just got it in Yesterday. I ordered it from a reputable place about two weeks ago and it somehow got lost in shipping and I never got it. I contacted the company and all they could tell me was that it was shipped out on a certain date and they gave me the USPS shipping number. Well I checked it. And there is no more activity on it from the day it was supposedly shipped. I contacted them again and they said there is nothing they could do. So I orderd from somwhere else two days ago and got it the next day. Now that is customer service. SJ

19. So, doing a lot of research on Rhodiola, I see that there are a lot of differences in the brands out there. Potency levels, origin of the root, and added ingredients. Apparently, this is definitely one of the supps that you get what you pay for. Go cheap and you get lower potency and added salidrosides, which does not appear to have much beneficial effect for those looking at at this product. I am basing this only on reviews of the brands that contain this and various articles I found. The higher end products contain only rosavin, rosin, and rosarin in high concentration levels and those are the products that everyone raves about being so much better.

I picked up a lower end Solaray brand and it contains the additional salidrosides and I haven't felt a thing. I am going to shell out the extra $$ today and get the high end stuff to see what a difference it makes. I will report back.

20. weed works for me
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.

21. Quote Originally Posted by rochabp View Post
    weed works for me

Amen to that brother......

22. Quote Originally Posted by JoeHT View Post
    Tried both. I got nothing out of Suntheanine and Rhodiola only gave me insomnia.
    is suntheanine, l-theanine? I love l-theanine.
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative

23. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    is suntheanine, l-theanine? I love l-theanine.
    Suntheanine is patented form of l-theanine

24. Quote Originally Posted by UNCnate View Post
    Phenibut is definitely worth a shot and we just added it to our line!
    i am a fan of phenibut....i have a bottle of anabolic innovation phenibut that i am getting ready to log!!!
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

25. Quote Originally Posted by UNCnate View Post
    Phenibut is definitely worth a shot and we just added it to our line!
    i picked up a bottle from the AI store on tuesday, but never got a shipping conformation email....is it on back order?

26. Quote Originally Posted by dyno View Post
    Clonazapam is one of the best anti anxiety medications I think. Its the new and improved valuim. Clonazapam unlike valuim has very few side effects me I dont have any I take them for a month straight and go right off them. When im on them though Im not able to lift my heaviest weight but the good thing about them is you will get way better gains taking cause you have to push yourself harder to get to that weight your pushing before. Plus its a tranquilizer so you take it at night youll feel very refreshed in the morning. I advise not drinking with it cause it is considered a benzodiazepine but talk to your doc about them I can see alot of people taking them I know that for a fact
    Not necessarily. It is a different animal. As a matter of fact, pretty much every benzo has different effects based on 'some' factors such like:
    1. Sedation
    2. Calmness
    3. Drowsiness
    4. Euphoria

For me, Librium is the best. It'll keep you calm without having strong onset or elimination without much sedation. Xanax puts me into 'zombie' mode, Klonipin makes me so drowsy it pisses me off while I internalize everything, Ativan is relaxing and somewhat disorienting/trippy, Valium is a bit like Librium as Librium breaks down into diazepam to an extent, Halcion will knock you out (period), etc.

As for the best ethnobotanical stack (herbal) that I've tried is Relora and Sensoril. There are a lot of success stories and company funded trials with the combo and bloodwork to back the effects that it has on GABA levels, cortisol levels, and spermatogenesis.

27. Quote Originally Posted by JoeHT View Post
    Those of you taking Phenibut, what dosage?
    I've used it once so far, 500mg and felt great.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    8 tablets?? Good Gawd. They could have at least added 25 grams of protein too. At 8 tablets, there was prolly room left
    Almost a skittle supplement experience!
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com

29. Well, after trying the Solaray brand Rhodiola and not seeing an effect, I picked up some Gaia brand yesterday and gave it a shot. I took two for a total of 240mg in the morning and well, it was hell. After about 20 minutes, I felt like someone hit me with a dumb stick. I couldn't really think straight and felt a wave of complete exhaustion come over me. I laid down and woke up 2 hours later with my wife asking what was wrong. I got up and was absolutely the most irritable that I can ever remember. Any little thing made me want to destroy it. I literally had to force myself to go on an hour walk to get the edge off. I ended up zoning on the television for a couple hours and spent the rest of the day just in a surly mood until last night, when I couldn't sleep.

What the hell? I can't figure out why my body reacted this way. I am going to try 1 pill, and see if it was just the dose. If this doesn't change after one, I'll trash the bottle and leave this one alone.

My list: EndoSurge, Erase, vitamin D3, Alpha-GPC, L-theanine, Agmatine

30. Relora/Sensoril combo. If you don't notice a significant improvement in the quality of your life after a month (max) of use, I would be utterly shocked. It worked wonders for me and pretty much everyone else whom I recommended it to. When you plan on ceasing use, lower (titrate) the dosage and ween off. I'm not trying to keep plugging this stuff, but it can really help you out without adverse effects.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anti-Anxiety supplements
    By ms8172 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 02-01-2014, 12:58 PM
  2. best supplements for anxiety?
    By bill86 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 09-27-2011, 05:02 PM
  3. Anxiety and Depression Supplements
    By chainsaw in forum Supplements
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 03:59 PM
  4. Best supplements for anxiety
    By machine528 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 07:16 PM
  5. Do anti-anxiety type meds lower cortisol?
    By rkretz in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-20-2006, 05:07 PM