Any thing that will help opiate detox?

wicked_sol

Awards
I was given 10mg of vicodin for an ankle injury about 6 months ago. I didn't abuse them but when I don't take'em for a day I feel it. My joints and musels ache, feel tired and absolutly no motovation. From my understanding this is going to last about a week but if some one has some recomendations to help with the side effects or to flush this crap out of my system faster I'm open to ideas.

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hot yoga, long walks, IGF-2 to get Dopamine kicking again. Bikram is absolutely awesome for kick starting endorphins again and detoxing all major systems and sweating out toxins. Make you feel like a new person quick. Lots of good vitamins and maybe L-Tyrosine.

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think Kratom may
Kind of binds to mu receptor so just prolonging misery and possibly creating another dependence. Spend a lot of time in Thailand and Bali and see lots of people over there with crazy Kratom addictions. I never tried it, but might be good as a step down drug if have a raging addiction and horrible withdrawals. A few Loratab a day probably doesn't warrant that though. Can reset system quickly by other means. Kratom not resent system and just further suppress natural endorphines.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
kratom has been used for years as an opiate cure

Kekkuk

Kekkuk

Awards
B complex and vitamin C from the little I know. Other than that, time is the key.
I've been through it too. Couldn't stay off the toilet...eh.
Good luck. I know it sucks.

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
B complex and vitamin C from the little I know. Other than that, time is the key.
I've been through it too. Couldn't stay off the toilet...eh.
Good luck. I know it sucks.
Oh yeah, that reminds me. Immodium AD. Does not cross blood brain barrier, but still takes withdrawals away if not major. Time is key, but can prolong if you hit mu receptors with any thing resembling an opiate (Kratom, ultram or full blown agonists).

wicked_sol

Awards
Lol yeah thought I ate something bad at first. Might try the AD even if it takes care of the stomach issues that would be great! Dragged my sorry ass to the gym and that seemed to help. Took sometime for me to get motivated. Looked into the kratom but thats not what I'm looking for. I don't want to move from one addiction to another.
I was taking the vicodin as directed not for the fun of it. I really thought it only turned into a problem if abused or takin for years. O well live and learn. I just want to get my motivation back, wake up feeling good not like I has beatin by migets in the middle of the night. And this headache is starting to piss me off.

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You will. I have been through so many ortho issues and took pain meds as prescribed also. After about 20 days you feel it. Take the Immodium and seriously, if have access to Bikram Yoga you can get back to normal quick. Otherwise, 3 to 5 bad days and a little off up to about 10 days. Working out, sauna, walking or getting heart rate up with cardio will all speed it up. Vitamins are important also. Push yourself physically and you will be glad you did.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Suboxone taper.. kratom taper... phenibut theanine lots of exercise

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Suboxone is seriously dangerous ****. From Loratab to sub is like going from Motrin to herion. If you hooked on like 300 mg of Roxy a day or stuck on Fentanyl or Methadone, suboxone or Bupe may be the only route. People use sub to get off stuff and 90 percent of the time get stuck on subs. Withdrawal from subs can last 6 months!!! So much better off suffering for 3 to 5 days coming off Loratab then being non functional for months coming off subs.

Subs also really do long term damage to mu and another receptor that I cannot recall the name if right now. Subs are synthetic and body never achieves homeostasis while in subs so it really, really bad for people. Sad thing is most doctors don't know or don't care as they charge $$$ and don't take insurance so they can charge more for sub therapy and know that their patients will be back every 30 days with more $$$ as people just cannot kick that ****.

Sorry to digress. Just too many friends in my professions hooked on drugs and end up on subs and methadone. Really sad what it doesto people.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Suboxone is seriously dangerous ****. From Loratab to sub is like going from Motrin to herion. If you hooked on like 300 mg of Roxy a day or stuck on Fentanyl or Methadone, suboxone or Bupe may be the only route. People use sub to get off stuff and 90 percent of the time get stuck on subs. Withdrawal from subs can last 6 months!!! So much better off suffering for 3 to 5 days coming off Loratab then being non functional for months coming off subs.

Subs also really do long term damage to mu and another receptor that I cannot recall the name if right now. Subs are synthetic and body never achieves homeostasis while in subs so it really, really bad for people. Sad thing is most doctors don't know or don't care as they charge $$$ and don't take insurance so they can charge more for sub therapy and know that their patients will be back every 30 days with more $$$ as people just cannot kick that ****.

Sorry to digress. Just too many friends in my professions hooked on drugs and end up on subs and methadone. Really sad what it doesto people.

blah blah blah

ive detoxed from a 20bag a day diesel habit in jail, multiple times......

sub detox is a joke... thank god i havent touched methadone...

xanax withdrawal was the most hardcore **** ive ever done.... if youve been taking a few percs/vicodins, just come off and man up... you did the **** to yourself