AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
You knew this was coming :D

With the only purpose of reporting my personal
experience - on the same line of my previous and hopefully
useful preworkouts deathmatch thread - here's my take
and reviews on the GDAs I've used, 3 of the most popular GDA products out there:

Slin Sane, Recompadrol and Glycobol

Photo1255.jpg

Tadaaaaa!
First thing first, why these three: because I extensively used them
all and I've been experimenting with dose, timing, meals,
and their interaction with other sups (as well as their effects when running them
as standalone) long enough to have a clear idea on how they work *for me*.

I'm a big fan of GDAs/Nutrient Partitioners
is a kind of product that intrigues me probably more
than any other, the reason is - as many of you already know -
my protocol is very odd and the way I use GDAs and what I get
from them is different from how bodybuilders use them.
Incorporating a GDA when in a all-year-round low carb diet
could sound weird, or not worth it and yet, I am convinced - and most important
I got proof - that the right product used in the right way is as beneficial
in a low carb diet as well as during a bulk, if not more.

Quick recap on my habits:
I keep my BF low all year round while aiming for lean gains and strength
increase, I stay in a fairly big cal deficit 6 days a week while training *hard*
at the same time and I do one refeed a week.
This wasn't planned, it happened after time, you cut, you get leaner,
then your body adapts to a certain amount of cals, you need to cut
more in order to get rid of that last % of fat, you need to train harder etc..

So keeping the same diet and the same routine for too long won't work,
after you reached a certain BF I found out that you need to trick your body in order to
A) cut even more fat (or preserving such low %)
B) keep muscle mass and/or gain more while doing that
C) not dying

When you stress your body like I do with intense (AND high volume as well)
training WHILE dieting for such long time most likely your metabolism
slows down, in the end, human body's priority is to survive, not to be a pile of
muscles with 4-5% BF.. So from a certain point fat loss and even more
lean gains start to be not as fast and easy in this scenario.

But the use of GDAs made me understand that they could play key
role when manipulating body composition and speed up lean gains.
Being able to boost calories without storing fat was the key for me
not only to keep muscles without raising BF but as you will read,
but to actually pack more muscle, lean gains style.

Alrite, stage set, hopefully this will be useful for you guys,
I'll get to the details about the products in the next posts,
meantime, keep me company here and subscribe ;)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol on c.
I'll keep ya company on the log here. :)

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bud! I am loving all these showdowns :)
In.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im in bro!

sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Glycobol is awesome! Better than Slin-Sane IMO. Haven't tried Recompadrol but have heard good things from various users.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'll be down for this because I really like glycobol and I've used slin-sane, but I think I prefer glycobol.

Interested in your thoughts.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Are these all unique products or typical over-lap of the same ingredients..gymnema, banaba, bitter melon, na,ala etc.....

Im curious as metformin kills my appetite.

-Matt

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've kept meaning to try the same, using a bunch of them and a glucose meter.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
In to see your conclusions. Right now I'm using AI ALA. I tried Glycobol a few days way back when, but it killed my stomach.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glycobol seemed to be my fav. Never tried it on a bulk or high carb diet. Mostly 100 per day tops. Worked great

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In.......good luck buddy

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
whats in this?
i love need2slin myself

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in. Good idea, man!

I've used a TON of GDAs over the last few years, but I actually still haven't used Recompadrol or Glycobol.

I've used Anabolic Pump, P-Slin, LG Slin, Need2Slin, Slin Shot and Slin Sane.

Interested to hear/see what you think.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for this.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
Im in bro!
Glycobol is awesome! Better than Slin-Sane IMO. Haven't tried Recompadrol but have heard good things from various users.
Interested and in!
in for this. gonna be an awesome ride
I'll be down for this because I really like glycobol and I've used slin-sane, but I think I prefer glycobol.

Interested in your thoughts.
I've kept meaning to try the same, using a bunch of them and a glucose meter.
In to see your conclusions. Right now I'm using AI ALA. I tried Glycobol a few days way back when, but it killed my stomach.
In.......good luck buddy
whats in this?
i love need2slin myself
I'm in. Good idea, man!

I've used a TON of GDAs over the last few years, but I actually still haven't used Recompadrol or Glycobol.

I've used Anabolic Pump, P-Slin, LG Slin, Need2Slin, Slin Shot and Slin Sane.

Interested to hear/see what you think.
Very happy to see this one so populated :D with friends, welcome guys

Are these all unique products or typical over-lap of the same ingredients..gymnema, banaba, bitter melon, na,ala etc.....

Im curious as metformin kills my appetite.

-Matt
Matt, this is the interesting thing about these three and mostly the reason
I did experiment with them to find the best for me and what would be the best use
for it in my protocol: they all have different ingredients/profiles, supposedly
meant to do the same things thru different pathways.
But of course there are differences. You'll see :)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not to get too OT but I have to wonder if a guy like you who is uber-disciplined with BOTH dieting and training AND one who exercises regularly in fasted states...would benefot MORE from a product that imparts cortisol modulating to some degree.

Zero carbs + dietary fat along with all the other stressors (named above), I imagine your cortisol levels "might be" thru the roof.:

LeanFX from DS has done wonders for me from a recomp stand point and Im a low carber too.

You OBVIOUSLY look fantastic so this is merely a suggestion to a fellow bro ;)

Good luck man

When you stress your body like I do with intense (AND high volume as well)
training WHILE dieting for such long time most likely your metabolism
slows down, in the end, human body's priority is to survive, not to be a pile of
muscles with 4-5% BF.. So from a certain point fat loss and even more
lean gains start to be not as fast and easy in this scenario.

Ajerone

Banned
Awards
Heard great things about recompadrol, and have used both slin sane and glycobol with great success. I had a lot of gi distress with glycobol but liked the results. also a tad bit pricey for my taste, but i had gotten them on sale. Excited to see how this progresses!

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
Not to get too OT but I have to wonder if a guy like you who is uber-disciplined with BOTH dieting and training AND one who exercises regularly in fasted states...would benefot MORE from a product that imparts cortisol modulating to some degree.

Zero carbs + dietary fat along with all the other stressors (named above), I imagine your cortisol levels "might be" thru the roof.:

LeanFX from DS has done wonders for me from a recomp stand point and Im a low carber too.

You OBVIOUSLY look fantastic so this is merely a suggestion to a fellow bro ;)

Good luck man
Thanks bro :)

You are 100% right, absolutely. As a matter of fact Lean Xtreme IS one of my staples,
you can read several posts I made in here where I point LX as one of the best and most effective
supplements I used and still use.
Not only as a fat burner (the only one I use to date) but exactly for what you're describing,
cortisol levels when you're in a strict as I am, for this long and at the same time you train
with such high volume AND high intensity is your worse enemy.

LX is a great product, I ran it once every other month, regularly at 2cps a day,
I've been doing it for at least the past year and a half

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Smart move ;)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you going to be using a glucometer?

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
When can we expect your breakdown my good man? I'd also like to hear your thoughts on regular ALA in this regard if you have any to provide.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
When can we expect your breakdown my good man? I'd also like to hear your thoughts on regular ALA in this regard if you have any to provide.
I tend to be detailed in my reviews and I'll take few days to write down
about them all. I've never used regular ALA but I used Na-Rala, I can report about that as well, no prob

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
definitely following; might have to try this myself in the future. What's your dosing protocol going to look like?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yeah this is going to be good. Def with slin & glycobol both in my cabinet now.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In for this -- Glycobol has struck my interest and I will be using one of these myself to ----- to regain some insulin sensitivity.

-Matt

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
Interdasting, you've clearly got great consistency with your diet and training so a qualitative review would be fine by me :D

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mormordica Chirantia Extract (20-25% Charantin) + Recompadrol= VERY STRONG COMBO is like Metformin but without the runs to the bathroom ;)
USPlabs P-Slin= simply amazing stuff

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
OK let's start with...

Product profile:
Supplement Facts:
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 120

2 Servings Provide:
Na-R-ALA 250mg
Glycobol Complex TM 750mg
Trigonella Seed Isolate (standardized to 10% 4-hydroxyisoleucine),
Phellodendron extract (standardized to 90% berberine),
Cinnamon Bark 20:1 extract (standardized for 16% flavonoids),
BMOV (Bis-Malto-Oxovanadium)

I start with this one because is the first GDA I tried,
I didn't have comparison with other products when I started using this one.

The very first thing that you notice with this product is a good dose of
Na-R-Ala (250mg) for each cap which makes it a good deal overall just for that.
That's pretty much the main ingredient and this product rely mostly on NaRala
for its partitioning effects, you also see Barberine and Cinnamon Bark in the proprietary blend
which are also two very good ingredients, I like but you need to watch because
this one has BMOV in it which has in this form some toxicity and it's a good idea to cycle it.

But lables and ingredients say only that much, effectiveness of a sup
is more often (in my experience) a good formula more than a number of
ingredients that are good on their own on paper.

** Among the three contenders I find Glycobol the LEAST potent of the bunch,
in term of body comp and long term effects. **

Which can be good or bad, depends on what you're after.
Dosing protocol with this one was 1cp 20min before a meal
containing 10gr of carbs (remember? I'm a low carber and
I use GDA differently from most people)
Being a life-time low carber it must be said that I'm very sensitive to carbs,
my insulin sensitivity is super high.
So evevn with such a small dose of carbs I never had any problems, never felt light-headed
with it and the best thing about this product is the even with a very small meal, with lil carbs
you get some "food pump" which is nice.
A couple of things I noticed tho' is that first, the effect last not more than an hour,
and second that it got lost in with long term use.

I dosed it in my refeed at 2cps with about 80gr of carbs, no fats and lil protein,
and I noticed NO change in pumps nor any other effect compared to 1 cap,
not right away after the meal, not in the long run in terms of body comp.
This is why I say this one is the least potent, because of course effects
have been different with the other products.

In terms of body comp (during several weeks of use),
while at first it seemed to help me staying lean I have to say
I noticed no difference when stop using it. This is an important part.

I never had stomach problems with it like someone reported.
So, overall it's a good product, Na-rala is a great antioxidant, I used it as standalone (Na-rala)
and I didn't notice the "food pump" so that's definitely something that Gbol formula does, not only Na-Rala.
So conclusion is, I wouldn't say it does much for body comp, but it can be used with small meals
without problems, even with lil-to no carbs and the "food pump" is nice,
plus you definitely have the benefits from Na-rala.
More details will be added when i get to the others, can't give everything away at once :D

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Damn nice review

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
Na-R-ALA is really nice just for general health

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice review. I find NA-RALA a great over all health supp and always use it. Glycobol being mild is great. I give it to my wife before buffets lol. Just one pill. I have started using it. I dont notice what I noticed on SS or AP, which was pretty mean Hypoglycemia symptoms and increased carb hunger. Like you said good for low carbers. I use it before meals that contain a higher amount of veggies tbh. haha.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
These supplements don't really cause hypoglycemia in normal non diabtetic peopleI keep seeing people using their hunger for a sign of hypo glycemia. All these product lower leptin and in turn raise NPY (which can also raise ghrelin). This is what is responsible for your hunger whether before or after a meal. Didn't meant to sound rude or anything I just think its important that people don't mistake one thing for another. Unless you do have a glucometer to tell you your hungry bc your hypoglycemic I would arguable say your not hypo. Just experiencing signs of lowered leptin

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
These supplements don't really cause hypoglycemia in normal non diabtetic peopleI keep seeing people using their hunger for a sign of hypo glycemia. All these product lower leptin and in turn raise NPY (which can also raise ghrelin). This is what is responsible for your hunger whether before or after a meal. Didn't meant to sound rude or anything I just think its important that people don't mistake one thing for another. Unless you do have a glucometer to tell you your hungry bc your hypoglycemic I would arguable say your not hypo. Just experiencing signs of lowered leptin
So it would just mean that I have lowered leptin and my body needs more food to stimulate leptin release by fat cells to increase energy expenditure? Or something along those lines?

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
What about when I take some ALA pre workout with no carbs and 20min into my workout I get light headed, weak, and want to pass out? Aren't those signs of some kind of hypoglycemic response? I did next to zero reading on it so don't kill me if I'm wrong lol.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
I can anticipate this while waiting for ssbackwards to reply about it,
I've never went hypo with any of these products, and I happened to dose them pretty high
and then NOT eating for hours and actually even working out in a fasted state after dosing them..

SS is right, they do not cause you to go hypo, if you're not used to fasting, if you're not used to
train fasted you'll get light headed, you'll feel weak, that's not going hypo, it's normal and even if you do
go hypo it ain't because of the GDA.

You'll read some of my dosing experiments in the next posts

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the response. I have been fasting for a few months now but this incident was on a lower carb day inbetween 2 feedings. I see what you are saying though.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
Ok so basically,Leptin is the master regulator of everything. Leptin raises with insulinHigh hypothalmic levels decrease hunger. It also depresses NPY and related hunger signals and starvation signals like ghrelin and agouti, respectivlyLow hypothalmic levels like those in dieting do the opposite, which raises NPY,Ghrelin, AgRP. Now there's more involved that I won't go into at this time, but they are regulated by what you eat as well.The case with ALA is that's it increases total body expenditure including fat burning and slight DGAT1 inhibition (DGAT isn't so important here IMO)With you Houston what I would guess is happening is due to the MOA of ALA. You are over exerting. You feel weak due to depleted muscle glycogen from the ALA use plus the workout. Try adding some carnosine and leucine to the workout.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
Ok so basically,Leptin is the master regulator of everything. Leptin raises with insulinHigh hypothalmic levels decrease hunger. It also depresses NPY and related hunger signals and starvation signals like ghrelin and agouti, respectivlyLow hypothalmic levels like those in dieting do the opposite, which raises NPY,Ghrelin, AgRP. Now there's more involved that I won't go into at this time, but they are regulated by what you eat as well.The case with ALA is that's it increases total body expenditure including fat burning and slight DGAT1 inhibition (DGAT isn't so important here IMO)With you Houston what I would guess is happening is due to the MOA of ALA. You are over exerting. You feel weak due to depleted muscle glycogen from the ALA use plus the workout. Try adding some carnosine and leucine to the workout.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Thanks ss. I do include tons of bcaa in and around my workouts. It may be that I was also just exhausted with the effects you mentioned plus a longer than normal work schedule, less sleep, etc. A combo of things. I know it scared me from using the ALA pre w.o. lol.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
Just remember all BCAAs are not ketogenic which means they can be used as glucoseWhen working out fasted and a high amount of ffa your liver is forced to create ketones. Glucogenic aminos will effect that. So your going to feel ehh. Higher leucine content is warrented. 1-2g of tyhe other BCAA won't effect you muchj but eaas and bcaas in a high amount will. 10g leucine or an 8:1:1 amino acid profile is best IMO