best protien for my goals ?

Gym4Life

Awards
  • Established
Hey people I've recently got back into training after a hernia operation I've put on some fat around chest and waist and lost a lot of muscle mass

I was using gold standard whey but I'm looking to take a shake with breakfast lunch and after workout

My question is which protien should I use should I stick to gold standard whey or should I get a protien with more of a mix like casien etc ? Or is whey supplementing all day ok I'm guessing its suited best for just post workout due to quick absortion

Any help would be apreciated and any other supplements which could help me regain my size

I know it will come down to diet and training that is in check just need a good protien to help gain my mass back

Gym4Life

Awards
  • Established
Oh and the protiens I was thinking about was something like syntha 6 or usn anabolic protien but anyother suggestions would be appreciated :)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The protein blend that you will drink most frequently and is least expensive is all you need. There is no need to get high tech. Protein blends are just that - blends.

SMC USA

SMC USA

Awards
My intake :
Breakfast : whey/ morning meal
Post Workout : whey/ maltdextrin
Bed : Casin

All shakes have glutamine and additional BCAA added

casin at bed time keeps the protien levels higher, longer .. Muscle is built when you sleep .. Also keeps me from waking from hunger 4 hrs later..

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The protein blend that you will drink most frequently and is least expensive is all you need. There is no need to get high tech. Protein blends are just that - blends.
So true.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd have to agree here.

Mike

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Im a big fan of blends. Different sources, casein, soy, whey isolate, concentrate. Variety is nice. But i agree with the other guys here. Drinking it is more important than finding it. Go with what tastes good, has a good reputation and shows results.Personally, casein/whey blends cover both bases. Evopro and syntha6 are two of my top blends. Peace!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
This. Though even whey is just fine if it's cheaper for you. Rest assured, the protein will be utilized.