I feel this needs to be posted - Me, My Brain, and ALCAR

Page 8 of 11 First ... 678910 ... Last

  1. Are their any negative side effects from ALCAR when on a low calorie diet or when on cycle? I started taking ALCAR 1g twice daily and I've been exhausted since. I don't think it's the Epi as I'm in my 5th week and have not had lethargy until now, also taking stano.

    Thoughts?


  2. Sounds more like sides from Epi or PH's in general.

  3. Does anyone know if there are significant quality differences of ALCAR?

    I'm currently taking SmartPowders' ALCAR, which I like, but haven't tried ALCAR from any other brand (unless you want to include Focus XT, which has ALCAR).


    An interesting article I ran into:
    http://www.ergo-log.com/learning-bet...carnitine.html
    •   
       


  4. 1g Alcar, 200mg na-rala, 200mg caffein, and 25mg of ephedrine is a very nice morning stack so far. May try the same preworkout later in the day. Anybody recommend anything else to add

  5. Quote Originally Posted by dcne02 View Post
    1g Alcar, 200mg na-rala, 200mg caffein, and 25mg of ephedrine is a very nice morning stack so far. May try the same preworkout later in the day. Anybody recommend anything else to add
    1g SNS agmatine powder
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  6. I thought you weren't supposed to take carnitines at the same time as ALA?

  7. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    1g SNS agmatine powder
    Thanks Cooper, I will give agmatine a try.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Urban Monk View Post
    I thought you weren't supposed to take carnitines at the same time as ALA?
    I actually take my ALA 30 minutes before my Alcar.

  9. Does it matter if its 30 minutes before or 30 minutes after?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by dcne02 View Post
    I actually take my ALA 30 minutes before my Alcar.
    As long as you're not mixing them in a cup, you can take them together (i.e. capped).
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  11. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    As long as you're not mixing them in a cup, you can take them together (i.e. capped).
    Cool, didn't know that. Quick question, does na-rala need to be dosed with carbs? I'm doing keto now, and been taking it without any carbs. I haven't had any issues so far. Just curious.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by dcne02
    Cool, didn't know that. Quick question, does na-rala need to be dosed with carbs? I'm doing keto now, and been taking it without any carbs. I haven't had any issues so far. Just curious.
    IMO, If you're not experiencing any hypoglycemic effects, no. However, it could be taken prior to a carb rich meal (when you have them).
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com

  13. Quote Originally Posted by antihero View Post
    IMO, If you're not experiencing any hypoglycemic effects, no. However, it could be taken prior to a carb rich meal (when you have them).
    Thanks bro

  14. I've been dosing ALCAR daily 1-2g (depending on how much I have to study) and I've noticed a dramatic increase in sharpness, recalling information, and I do not have to study as long as I used to. It's definitely worth putting in your stack.

    One question: Does ALCAR need to be stacked with anything if I am taking 1-2g daily? And are there any long term usage side effects from ALCAR?

    I talked to my science major biology teacher and he is also really interested. He is consistently monitoring my homework, involvement in class, sharpness, and test grades. We talked about it being a unique amino acid as it passes the BB. In other words, if it works (which I believe it has) my professor will be on the bandwagon as well.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by TopSirlion View Post
    I've been dosing ALCAR daily 1-2g (depending on how much I have to study) and I've noticed a dramatic increase in sharpness, recalling information, and I do not have to study as long as I used to. It's definitely worth putting in your stack.

    One question: Does ALCAR need to be stacked with anything if I am taking 1-2g daily? And are there any long term usage side effects from ALCAR?

    I talked to my science major biology teacher and he is also really interested. He is consistently monitoring my homework, involvement in class, sharpness, and test grades. We talked about it being a unique amino acid as it passes the BB. In other words, if it works (which I believe it has) my professor will be on the bandwagon as well.
    Nope, doesn't need to be stacked with anything else.

    ALCAR does indeed work; even here at school, clinicians have spoken about its therapeutic potential wrt pathology.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  16. Got my SNS Agmatine in today. Can't wait to add it to my morning stack of Alcar, Na-rala, Ephedrine, Caffeine, EGcG.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by dcne02 View Post
    Got my SNS Agmatine in today. Can't wait to add it to my morning stack of Alcar, Na-rala, Ephedrine, Caffeine, EGcG.
    Hehe, excellent. Add a small dose of vitamin C (can simply squeeze lemon on food) to enhance bioavailability of EGCG
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  18. Quote Originally Posted by TopSirlion View Post
    I've been dosing ALCAR daily 1-2g (depending on how much I have to study) and I've noticed a dramatic increase in sharpness, recalling information, and I do not have to study as long as I used to. It's definitely worth putting in your stack.

    Co-signed...I've been taking SNS ALCAR 2g a day, 1g in the AM 1g in the PM and I have felt much sharper and more attentive. I feel it's easier to absorb and retain information. Thanks for posting this thread, it's the reason I tried it in the first place.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

    Nope, doesn't need to be stacked with anything else.

    ALCAR does indeed work; even here at school, clinicians have spoken about its therapeutic potential wrt pathology.
    Wrt....clue me in.

  20. Wow that really makes me want to try ALCAR more than ever! I don't use stims aside from a tiny dose PWO, so this sounds awesome. I have been looking at all three of the "CARs" recently, and I am very interested in them, but I am still not completely clear on all of the differences between them. I have some questions about them if you don't mind:

    1. How would you compare ALCAR to Sulbutiamine (if you've taken it)? Any idea if they work well together?
    2. All of the carnitines (ALCAR, PLCAR, LCLT) seem to help with fat, but ALCAR and PLCAR both seem to have added bonus effects. ALCAR seems to be a nootropic, and PLCAR seems to have muscle/strength boosting properties. Is this accurate? If so, how does LCLT compare to ALCAR and PLCAR? Are there effects other than fat loss that I am not aware of? Or are the fat loss effects of LCLT stronger than in the other two?
    3. Is PLCAR known to have any nootropic or energy boosting properties, or are all of ALCAR's such properties from the "A" part if it?
    4. Regarding antioxidants, I drink a green shake every morning (Amazing Grass brand) with an antioxidant formula in it (acai, maca, carrot, beet, etc...). Would that be sufficient if I were to run ALCAR at 2 grams/day?
    5. Do all of the "CARs" require antioxidants, or only ALCAR?

    Thanks a lot!

    Best,
    Tyler
    Last edited by tyrub42; 11-11-2012 at 05:17 AM. Reason: forgot about antioxidant questions

  21. Little late on this thread but anyways, I love this stuff and have been taking it daily at 1000 mg in the am. I'm losing hair pretty quick as is but Ive noticed alcar is causing it to shed at a rapid rate. Should I lower it 500mg ? or is this a common affect in those prone to mpb?

  22. Quote Originally Posted by SSD77 View Post
    Little late on this thread but anyways, I love this stuff and have been taking it daily at 1000 mg in the am. I'm losing hair pretty quick as is but Ive noticed alcar is causing it to shed at a rapid rate. Should I lower it 500mg ? or is this a common affect in those prone to mpb?
    At high doses ALCAR can cause premature hair loss or shorten hair growth cycles because it upregulates the p75 nerve growth factor.

    Try to spread the doses out through the day and see of that helps at all.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com

  23. Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    At high doses ALCAR can cause premature hair loss or shorten hair growth cycles because it upregulates the p75 nerve growth factor.

    Try to spread the doses out through the day and see of that helps at all.
    thank you good sir. i'll prob just do the 500mg in the am and maaaaybe one more mid day

  24. Do all carnitines have this effect on hair loss?

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Urban Monk View Post
    Do all carnitines have this effect on hair loss?
    I believe only ALCAR and PLCAR can have effect on hair loss. If you are worried you can always add some biotin.

    Did a little more reading on hair loss and carnitine salts. ALCAR has a higher chance of leading to hair loss while PLCAR may have an effect it is slim to none I would predict.

    If Coop comes in here he will let you know more answers exactly.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com

  26. Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    I believe only ALCAR and PLCAR can have effect on hair loss. If you are worried you can always add some biotin.

    Did a little more reading on hair loss and carnitine salts. ALCAR has a higher chance of leading to hair loss while PLCAR may have an effect it is slim to none I would predict.

    If Coop comes in here he will let you know more answers exactly.
    Are the benefits similar between the two? If so I may switch over to plcar. Also how is Alpha GPC in relation to alcar. Basically looking for anything to sub Alcar.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by SSD77 View Post

    Are the benefits similar between the two? If so I may switch over to plcar. Also how is Alpha GPC in relation to alcar. Basically looking for anything to sub Alcar.
    Read this:

    L-Carnitine L-Tartrate vs. PLCAR
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com

  28. Quote Originally Posted by SSD77 View Post
    Are the benefits similar between the two? If so I may switch over to plcar. Also how is Alpha GPC in relation to alcar. Basically looking for anything to sub Alcar.
    why are you looking to sub alcar? it is very safe.
    you can stack 2-4g of alcar with lclt, plcar, gplc, whatever other carnitines you want. it's one of the safest supplements even at high doses i've ever tried. high reward, very low risk.

    alpha gpc is great but very expensive, cdp-choline is next best, about half as expensive, still works well. but choline from duck eggs, pastured hens, or even cheap choline bitartrate is fine.

  29. Because he is losing hair due to it. With so many other products as good or better than alcar (IMO), it would be silly to continue running it with that side.

  30. ok brb taking alcar to maintain mental acquity before drinking so i can not get drunk and forget my troubles, which then defeats purpose of drinking...

    :sadpanda:

  31. Exactly, I LOVE Alcar but I cannot afford to be losing this much hair with a history of mpb.

  32. I had no idea ALCAR caused shedding. Is this common?

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

  33. Quote Originally Posted by dallasboy22 View Post
    I had no idea ALCAR caused shedding. Is this common?

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    I'm not positive but I believe if you have a family history it MAY speed up hair loss. I wouldnt say it was to a significant degree but I do not have much hair to begin with and really cant afford to take anything that can speed up hairloss.

  34. Meh, if you have the genetics just embrace the inevitable.

  35. How about taking Alcar, LcLt during cycle? ex: Sd? Ive been taking Alcar 500mg morning and 1500 pre workout and sometimes the whole 2000mg pre workout. Ive been taking my Lclt away from alcar (idk why) but im taking 2000mg spread out before meals. Should i add it to my alcar pre workout?
    Black Lion Representative
    I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to

  36. Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post
    How about taking Alcar, LcLt during cycle? ex: Sd? Ive been taking Alcar 500mg morning and 1500 pre workout and sometimes the whole 2000mg pre workout. Ive been taking my Lclt away from alcar (idk why) but im taking 2000mg spread out before meals. Should i add it to my alcar pre workout?
    If you're using both ALCAR and LCLT, I would go 2 grams ALCAR in the morning and then 2 grams LCLT pre workout.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com

  37. Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post

    If you're using both ALCAR and LCLT, I would go 2 grams ALCAR in the morning and then 2 grams LCLT pre workout.
    Ok cool. Any benefits on taking both? Or should I just take one and save the other? Also from my understanding LCLT helps absorb sd more?
    Black Lion Representative
    I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to

  38. Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post

    Ok cool. Any benefits on taking both? Or should I just take one and save the other? Also from my understanding LCLT helps absorb sd more?
    Both ALCAR and LCLT have their own specific benefits, so taking both is very beneficial. And as far as absorption from LCLT and SD, yes it will help with absorption and make it more potent by increasing the androgen receptors in the body.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com

  39. Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post

    Both ALCAR and LCLT have their own specific benefits, so taking both is very beneficial. And as far as absorption from LCLT and SD, yes it will help with absorption and make it more potent by increasing the androgen receptors in the body.
    Excellent. Ty kind sir.
    Black Lion Representative
    I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to

  40. For those talking about ALCAR and hair loss, what are you defining a high dose as?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Just switched to sub-Q TRT from IM. Will keep everyone posted
    By lucky in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 02:20 PM
  2. I Have Brain Eating Bugs In My Brain !!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-06-2007, 11:37 PM
  3. Posted by PA on bb.com
    By larmenta in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-11-2003, 02:45 AM
  4. getting old (just posted on MM)
    By Skye in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 11:42 AM
Log in
Log in