I feel this needs to be posted - Me, My Brain, and ALCAR
- 09-11-2012, 06:38 PM
- 09-11-2012, 09:31 PM
- 09-27-2012, 05:28 PM
Does anyone know if there are significant quality differences of ALCAR?
I'm currently taking SmartPowders' ALCAR, which I like, but haven't tried ALCAR from any other brand (unless you want to include , which has ALCAR).
An interesting article I ran into:
10-03-2012, 07:29 AM
1g Alcar, 200mg, 200mg caffein, and 25mg of ephedrine is a very nice morning stack so far. May try the same preworkout later in the day. Anybody recommend anything else to add
10-03-2012, 07:48 AM
10-03-2012, 08:42 AM
10-03-2012, 08:43 AM
10-03-2012, 08:55 AM
10-03-2012, 10:18 AM
10-03-2012, 12:34 PM
10-03-2012, 01:27 PM
10-03-2012, 02:12 PM
IMO, If you're not experiencing any hypoglycemic effects, no. However, it could be taken prior to a carb rich meal (when you have them).Originally Posted by dcne02
Serious Nutrition Solutions
Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com
10-03-2012, 09:23 PM
10-10-2012, 09:06 AM
I've been dosing ALCAR daily 1-2g (depending on how much I have to study) and I've noticed a dramatic increase in sharpness, recalling information, and I do not have to study as long as I used to. It's definitely worth putting in your stack.
One question: Does ALCAR need to be stacked with anything if I am taking 1-2g daily? And are there any long term usage side effects from ALCAR?
I talked to my science major biology teacher and he is also really interested. He is consistently monitoring my homework, involvement in class, sharpness, and test grades. We talked about it being a unique amino acid as it passes the BB. In other words, if it works (which I believe it has) my professor will be on the bandwagon as well.
10-10-2012, 04:07 PM
The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
10-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Got my SNS Agmatine in today. Can't wait to add it to my morning stack of Alcar, Na-rala, Ephedrine, Caffeine, EGcG.
10-11-2012, 12:38 AM
11-08-2012, 08:30 PM
11-08-2012, 11:16 PM
11-11-2012, 04:50 AM
Wow that really makes me want to try ALCAR more than ever! I don't use stims aside from a tiny dose PWO, so this sounds awesome. I have been looking at all three of the "CARs" recently, and I am very interested in them, but I am still not completely clear on all of the differences between them. I have some questions about them if you don't mind:
1. How would you compare ALCAR to Sulbutiamine (if you've taken it)? Any idea if they work well together?
2. All of the carnitines (ALCAR, PLCAR, LCLT) seem to help with fat, but ALCAR and PLCAR both seem to have added bonus effects. ALCAR seems to be a nootropic, and PLCAR seems to have muscle/strength boosting properties. Is this accurate? If so, how does LCLT compare to ALCAR and PLCAR? Are there effects other than fat loss that I am not aware of? Or are the fat loss effects of LCLT stronger than in the other two?
3. Is PLCAR known to have any nootropic or energy boosting properties, or are all of ALCAR's such properties from the "A" part if it?
4. Regarding antioxidants, I drink a green shake every morning (Amazing Grass brand) with an antioxidant formula in it (acai, maca, carrot, beet, etc...). Would that be sufficient if I were to run ALCAR at 2 grams/day?
5. Do all of the "CARs" require antioxidants, or only ALCAR?
Thanks a lot!
Last edited by tyrub42; 11-11-2012 at 05:17 AM. Reason: forgot about antioxidant questions
02-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Little late on this thread but anyways, I love this stuff and have been taking it daily at 1000 mg in the am. I'm losing hair pretty quick as is but Ive noticed alcar is causing it to shed at a rapid rate. Should I lower it 500mg ? or is this a common affect in those prone to mpb?
02-11-2013, 12:00 PM
02-11-2013, 12:07 PM
02-11-2013, 12:17 PM
02-11-2013, 12:42 PM
Did a little more reading on hair loss and carnitine salts. ALCAR has a higher chance of leading to hair loss while PLCAR may have an effect it is slim to none I would predict.
If Coop comes in here he will let you know more answers exactly.
02-11-2013, 01:32 PM
02-11-2013, 04:00 PM
02-13-2013, 10:12 PM
you can stack 2-4g of alcar with lclt, plcar, gplc, whatever other carnitines you want. it's one of the safest supplements even at high doses i've ever tried. high reward, very low risk.
alpha gpc is great but very expensive, cdp-choline is next best, about half as expensive, still works well. but choline from duck eggs, pastured hens, or even cheap choline bitartrate is fine.
02-13-2013, 10:22 PM
Because he is losing hair due to it. With so many other products as good or better than alcar (IMO), it would be silly to continue running it with that side.
02-14-2013, 12:55 AM
ok brb taking alcar to maintain mental acquity before drinking so i can not get drunk and forget my troubles, which then defeats purpose of drinking...
02-14-2013, 10:04 AM
02-14-2013, 10:12 AM
02-14-2013, 10:25 AM
02-14-2013, 01:10 PM
02-21-2013, 12:18 PM
How about taking Alcar, LcLt during cycle? ex: Sd? Ive been taking Alcar 500mg morning and 1500 pre workout and sometimes the whole 2000mg pre workout. Ive been taking my Lclt away from alcar (idk why) but im taking 2000mg spread out before meals. Should i add it to my alcar pre workout?
Black Lion Representative
I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to
02-21-2013, 12:59 PM
02-21-2013, 01:01 PM
02-21-2013, 02:11 PM
02-21-2013, 04:49 PM
02-21-2013, 08:23 PM
For those talking about ALCAR and hair loss, what are you defining a high dose as?
Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.
Similar Forum Threads
- By lucky in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 1Last Post: 04-12-2010, 02:20 PM
- By anabolicrhino in forum General ChatReplies: 4Last Post: 05-06-2007, 11:37 PM
- By larmenta in forum AnabolicsReplies: 8Last Post: 11-11-2003, 02:45 AM
- By Skye in forum General ChatReplies: 2Last Post: 07-21-2003, 11:42 AM