I feel this needs to be posted - Me, My Brain, and ALCAR

Page 7 of 15 First ... 56789 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by BPjohn123 View Post
    Haha, I used to watch that as a kid
    Me too, coop's user name always reminds me of that.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

2. Have you guys tried Brain Candy? I have tried it (the caffeine version) and liked it. It seems like a pretty complete formula, but the label does not specify how much ALCAR is in there.
    Name:  brain-candy-reg.jpg
Views: 1103
Size:  121.1 KB
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by John33 View Post
    Have you guys tried Brain Candy? I have tried it (the caffeine version) and liked it. It seems like a pretty complete formula, but the label does not specify how much ALCAR is in there.
    Name:  brain-candy-reg.jpg
Views: 1103
Size:  121.1 KB
    Looks solid but that caffeine dose is brutal.

4. I honestly feel Alcar had progressively made me more intelligent and articulate over the years.
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html

5. Quote Originally Posted by Clemenza View Post
    I honestly feel Alcar had progressively made me more intelligent and articulate over the years.
    Give yourself some credit for mental maturation
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Give yourself some credit for mental maturation
    lol. looking ripped up btw Mr. C
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html

7. Is it necessary to add in choline? You get a good bit from eggs beef chicken etc which I eat almost daily.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

8. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    Is it necessary to add in choline? You get a good bit from eggs beef chicken etc which I eat almost daily.
    IMO its important to be at maxiumum choline levels as the stimulants are acting
    HIGH VOLUME - Supreme Stim-Free Nitric Oxide Matrix
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined

9. Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    What choline dose would you suggest per day?

10. Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    How much choline would you recommend? Is it better to take ALCAR with choline or with Alpha GPC?

11. Almost finished with my first SNS bottle of ALCAR dosed at 1g a day. I noticed marked benefits in mental clarity at that dose. I will bump to the 2g a day dose when the next bottle arrives to see the difference. I will also be picking up the new Caff free FocusXT when that hits the market.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

12. NOW has a formula that combines Choline and Inositol. Does it make sense to take ALCAR with Choline & Inositol?

13. Thanks natty. I am also interested in what dose of choline is recommended for this purpose. A single egg has 125 mg I think. Or 25% dv. Not bad. I am sure the supplement is around 1-2g?
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

14. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    What choline dose would you suggest per day?
    Entirely user-dependent. Some doses will make users alert; others will make them sleepy. I like 2g choline citrate.

Quote Originally Posted by John33 View Post
    How much choline would you recommend? Is it better to take ALCAR with choline or with Alpha GPC?
    I take 2g SNS Choline Citrate. 500mg of CDP-Choline or Alpha-GPC is fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by John33 View Post
    NOW has a formula that combines Choline and Inositol. Does it make sense to take ALCAR with Choline & Inositol?
    I'm not big on inositol.

15. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Entirely user-dependent. Some doses will make users alert; others will make them sleepy. I like 2g choline citrate.

I'm not big on inositol.
    Is that choline dose every day?
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

16. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Is that choline dose every day?
    Yup

17. Thx! What are your thoughts on subbing this with taking caff free FocusXT every day?

18. totally

19. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Do you take it at the same time you take ALCAR? Does it matter? One of the reasons I ask is because on my Alpha-GPC bottle it says to take it 90 minutes prior to lifting (it is a liquid form of Alpha-GPC).

On non-workout days, do you split the dose 250mg choline with 1g ALCAR (first half of the day), 250mg choline with 1g ALCAR (second half of the day)? Thanks!

20. Quote Originally Posted by John33
    Do you take it at the same time you take ALCAR? Does it matter? One of the reasons I ask is because on my Alpha-GPC bottle it says to take it 90 minutes prior to lifting (it is a liquid form of Alpha-GPC).

On non-workout days, do you split the dose 250mg choline with 1g ALCAR (first half of the day), 250mg choline with 1g ALCAR (second half of the day)? Thanks!
    They mentioned earlier if you take at the same time it will polymerize. And they mention dosing times a few pages back as well.

21. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    They mentioned earlier if you take at the same time it will polymerize. And they mention dosing times a few pages back as well.
    I think that pertained to ALA/R-ALA; no?

22. Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Yes

23. I've seen pinchthebear mention he thinks they will not polymerize...I still dose separate to be safe
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

24. Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Yes.

25. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Is it true that all cholines are/can be pro-depressant?

26. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    I've seen pinchthebear mention he thinks they will not polymerize...I still dose separate to be safe
    They do not polymerize in the acidic environment of the stomach. Mixing the bulk powders in a cup is a different story (I learned the hard way)

27. Quote Originally Posted by John33 View Post
    Is it true that all cholines are/can be pro-depressant?
    In those predisposed, yes.

28. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

They do not polymerize in the acidic environment of the stomach. Mixing the bulk powders in a cup is a different story (I learned the hard way)
    That makes sense and that sucks man.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

29. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

In those predisposed, yes.
    Is there an alternative for those that deel down from taking choline

30. I take 600mg of Alpha-GPC daily, but I noticed that adding 500mg of choline and inositol split twice a day has really improved my mood and sleep. This happened almost immediately and I am certain that the mood is in direct correlation to my sleep.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Just switched to sub-Q TRT from IM. Will keep everyone posted
    By lucky in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 02:20 PM
  2. I Have Brain Eating Bugs In My Brain !!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-06-2007, 11:37 PM
  3. Posted by PA on bb.com
    By larmenta in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-11-2003, 02:45 AM
  4. getting old (just posted on MM)
    By Skye in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 11:42 AM