I feel this needs to be posted - Me, My Brain, and ALCAR - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 6

I feel this needs to be posted - Me, My Brain, and ALCAR

Page 6 of 11 First ... 45678 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,873
    Rep Power
    854637

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    They mentioned earlier if you take at the same time it will polymerize. And they mention dosing times a few pages back as well.
    I think that pertained to ALA/R-ALA; no?

  2. Diamond Member
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,704
    Rep Power
    4686929

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    I think that pertained to ALA/R-ALA; no?
    Yes
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  3. Elite Member
    rob112's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,329
    Rep Power
    333205

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I've seen pinchthebear mention he thinks they will not polymerize...I still dose separate to be safe
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    John33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    435
    Rep Power
    3564

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    I think that pertained to ALA/R-ALA; no?
    Yes.
  5. New Member
    John33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    435
    Rep Power
    3564

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    I take 2g SNS Choline Citrate. 500mg of CDP-Choline or Alpha-GPC is fine too.
    Is it true that all cholines are/can be pro-depressant?
  6. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,478
    Rep Power
    5966603

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    I've seen pinchthebear mention he thinks they will not polymerize...I still dose separate to be safe
    They do not polymerize in the acidic environment of the stomach. Mixing the bulk powders in a cup is a different story (I learned the hard way)
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  7. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,478
    Rep Power
    5966603

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by John33 View Post
    Is it true that all cholines are/can be pro-depressant?
    In those predisposed, yes.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  8. Elite Member
    rob112's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,329
    Rep Power
    333205

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

    They do not polymerize in the acidic environment of the stomach. Mixing the bulk powders in a cup is a different story (I learned the hard way)
    That makes sense and that sucks man.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  9. New Member
    deeznu's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    74

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

    In those predisposed, yes.
    Is there an alternative for those that deel down from taking choline
  10. Professional Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,356
    Rep Power
    1173481

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I take 600mg of Alpha-GPC daily, but I noticed that adding 500mg of choline and inositol split twice a day has really improved my mood and sleep. This happened almost immediately and I am certain that the mood is in direct correlation to my sleep.
  11. New Member
    dsohei's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    215
    Rep Power
    8186

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj
    I take 600mg of Alpha-GPC daily, but I noticed that adding 500mg of choline and inositol split twice a day has really improved my mood and sleep. This happened almost immediately and I am certain that the mood is in direct correlation to my sleep.
    500mg of inositol 2x a day? And in addition to the 600mg of gpc?
  12. Elite Member
    CountryLiftin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,096
    Rep Power
    702572

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    My bad guys.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
  13. Professional Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,356
    Rep Power
    1173481

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dsohei View Post
    500mg of inositol 2x a day? And in addition to the 600mg of gpc?
    No, 250mg.
  14. Senior Member
    aaronuconn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,357
    Rep Power
    1311749

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    They do not polymerize in the acidic environment of the stomach. Mixing the bulk powders in a cup is a different story (I learned the hard way)
    Could you elaborate on this a litte further? Are you saying you can take both bulk powders at the same time?
  15. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,478
    Rep Power
    5966603

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    Could you elaborate on this a litte further? Are you saying you can take both bulk powders at the same time?
    You cannot pre-mix them prior to consumption. However, you can take them separately at the same time, as the acidic environment of the stomach will prevent the polymerization reaction (or at least greatly lessen the tendency).
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  16. Diamond Member
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,704
    Rep Power
    4686929

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Mr C, I missed it and would like to know what your Na-R-ala dose was every other day?
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  17. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,478
    Rep Power
    5966603

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Mr C, I missed it and would like to know what your Na-R-ala dose was every other day?
    Every other day? I take it daily at 300mg presently
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  18. Diamond Member
    bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,189
    Rep Power
    10502205

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Cooper, I got your PM and of course I will explain to your what mucuna is whenever you are ready. Send me a PM.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  19. Diamond Member
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,704
    Rep Power
    4686929

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Every other day? I take it daily at 300mg presently

    My mistake. I thought I had read that it was every other. Thx for the info.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  20. Professional Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,356
    Rep Power
    1173481

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Cooper, I got your PM and of course I will explain to your what mucuna is whenever you are ready. Send me a PM.
    Lol
  21. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513131

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    It's kind fun to watch NAC and NR-ALA polymerize. Expensive mistake, but provides a scifi-like visual effect. lol
  22. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,478
    Rep Power
    5966603

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Cooper, I got your PM and of course I will explain to your what mucuna is whenever you are ready. Send me a PM.
    PM sent. I also detailed how anacyclus pyrethrum works in response to your FB message
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  23. Diamond Member
    bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,189
    Rep Power
    10502205

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I messaged you to say how much ArA you need in your capsules.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  24. New Member
    dsohei's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    215
    Rep Power
    8186

    Reputation

    How long does the carnitine buzz last and can I do 1g 2x a day to have lasting effects into the evening?
  25. New Member
    RipdnTxs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    130403

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I went out of town and left my Ani. and Choline at home, so I did not dose either for two days and still felt pretty good. I have been taking my usual dose the last three days and now the combo seems to be having a different effect. I am having trouble getting awake in the mornings and am so sleepy all day and have the slow thought process feeling like I did before starting this stack. I have not added or changed anything supp. wise. I,m considering not reordering if this keeps up. I,m stumped to why this is happening, anyone else have this happen or any ideas on why I,m having these effects now ?????
  26. New Member
    leasky33's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    54

    Reputation

    i noticed when i took alcar in capsule it help me with my driving lessons, since running out my mind has been alot clearer, and its helped me with my concentration, time to get more i think
  27. New Member
    SpicedCider's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    496
    Rep Power
    135930

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    mr.cooper69, how pronounced would you say the improvement in memory is when taking ALCAR? Do you actually notice a boost when it comes to studying and memorizing academic material?

    I'm taking A&P 2, Microbiology, Psychology, and Medical Terminology this semester, so if ALCAR really does help you retain more (or even the same amount) of information with less studying, I'll definitely invest in this...
  28. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,478
    Rep Power
    5966603

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SpicedCider View Post
    mr.cooper69, how pronounced would you say the improvement in memory is when taking ALCAR? Do you actually notice a boost when it comes to studying and memorizing academic material?

    I'm taking A&P 2, Microbiology, Psychology, and Medical Terminology this semester, so if ALCAR really does help you retain more (or even the same amount) of information with less studying, I'll definitely invest in this...
    Absolutely. Memory retention is superb when I'm on ALCAR, Caffeine-Free Focus XT, and Noopept.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  29. New Member
    SpicedCider's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    496
    Rep Power
    135930

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Absolutely. Memory retention is superb when I'm on ALCAR, Caffeine-Free Focus XT, and Noopept.
    Thanks. Have you tried studying on just ALCAR? If so, how did that go?

    Also, how are you dosing Noopept? I have actually been interested in trying that for the last few years...
  30. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,478
    Rep Power
    5966603

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SpicedCider View Post
    Thanks. Have you tried studying on just ALCAR? If so, how did that go?

    Also, how are you dosing Noopept? I have actually been interested in trying that for the last few years...
    Yup, I've been using ALCAR continuously for ages (it's the only nootropic I use chronically with minimal off-time).

    I just started the noopept, dosing 30mg with a choline source, and so far so good
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  31. New Member
    SpicedCider's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    496
    Rep Power
    135930

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Yup, I've been using ALCAR continuously for ages (it's the only nootropic I use chronically with minimal off-time).

    I just started the noopept, dosing 30mg with a choline source, and so far so good
    Cool. I also just remembered that I had a bottle of Pramiracetam with ~30 tablets (300 mg/each) remaining as well as a bottle of Huperzine A tablets, so I might be formulating my own study stack soon...
  32. New Member
    SpicedCider's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    496
    Rep Power
    135930

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Yup, I've been using ALCAR continuously for ages (it's the only nootropic I use chronically with minimal off-time).

    I just started the noopept, dosing 30mg with a choline source, and so far so good
    Cool. I also just remembered that I had a bottle of Pramiracetam with ~30 tablets (300 mg/each) remaining as well as a bottle of Huperzine A tablets, so I might be formulating my own study stack soon...
  33. New Member
    RipdnTxs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    130403

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Cooper or anyone have any thoughts ???


    Quote Originally Posted by RipdnTxs View Post
    I went out of town and left my Ani. and Choline at home, so I did not dose either for two days and still felt pretty good. I have been taking my usual dose the last three days and now the combo seems to be having a different effect. I am having trouble getting awake in the mornings and am so sleepy all day and have the slow thought process feeling like I did before starting this stack. I have not added or changed anything supp. wise. I,m considering not reordering if this keeps up. I,m stumped to why this is happening, anyone else have this happen or any ideas on why I,m having these effects now ?????
  34. Professional Member
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250883

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SpicedCider View Post
    Cool. I also just remembered that I had a bottle of Pramiracetam with ~30 tablets (300 mg/each) remaining as well as a bottle of Huperzine A tablets, so I might be formulating my own study stack soon...
    I love Huperzine A and studies have shown it to be effective for memory. I like taking that with ALCAR when I study. I'm taking medical terminology too and am in my last semester. At least as an undergrad.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  35. Senior Member
    baldwanus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    69821

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    I love Huperzine A and studies have shown it to be effective for memory. I like taking that with ALCAR when I study. I'm taking medical terminology too and am in my last semester. At least as an undergrad.
    alcar.......hup a.......................just take some FXT
    iForce Nutrition Online Representative Manager
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominateÖiForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  36. Advanced Member
    UncleWade's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    250370

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    ACLAR + Choline Citrate + Huperzine A.

    Come at me, fall semester. Come at me.
    iFORCE NUTRITION REPRESENTATIVE

    iTRAIN. iCOMPETE. iDOMINATE.
  37. Senior Member
    antihero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    253646

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWade
    ACLAR + Choline Citrate + Huperzine A.

    Come at me, fall semester. Come at me.
    This plus some focus XT and some stocked Adrena-G. I'm looking forward to a 4.0
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com
  38. New Member
    SpicedCider's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    496
    Rep Power
    135930

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    How often do you guys dose your Huperzine A when studying, and how much do you take for each dose? I have a test coming up this Friday and will probably start studying Monday or Tuesday night. My Huperzine A tabs contain 200 mcg each. I'll also be taking Pramiracetam with the Hup A.
  39. Professional Member
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250883

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by baldwanus View Post
    alcar.......hup a.......................just take some FXT
    I got all three so I guess I'm covered!

    Quote Originally Posted by antihero View Post
    This plus some focus XT and some stocked Adrena-G. I'm looking forward to a 4.0
    Despite the recent tide, I love adrena-G.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpicedCider View Post
    How often do you guys dose your Huperzine A when studying, and how much do you take for each dose? I have a test coming up this Friday and will probably start studying Monday or Tuesday night. My Huperzine A tabs contain 200 mcg each. I'll also be taking Pramiracetam with the Hup A.
    I do 1-2 caps everyday. Not for more then a few months at a time but that's just cause I get tired of taking so many supps/pills that I take a break from everything every now and again.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  40. Senior Member
    antihero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    253646

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf
    Despite the recent tide, I love adrena-G.
    I love it in very small doses. 25mg or less and I'm OK, anything higher and it doesn't go well.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Just switched to sub-Q TRT from IM. Will keep everyone posted
    By lucky in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 01:20 PM
  2. I Have Brain Eating Bugs In My Brain !!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-06-2007, 10:37 PM
  3. Posted by PA on bb.com
    By larmenta in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-11-2003, 01:45 AM
  4. getting old (just posted on MM)
    By Skye in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 10:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in