I feel this needs to be posted - Me, My Brain, and ALCAR

Page 4 of 11 First ... 234569 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.19%
    Achievements Posting ProActivity Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    I am taking 2g/day. On off days, 1 split it 1 AM, 1 midday. On workout days, I take 2g preworkout.

No problem man, the stuff rocks!
    Do you feel that the effect is decreasing, like do you have to "up" the dose after a while?

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

bwahahaha
  3. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.22%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysfirst View Post
    Do you feel that the effect is decreasing, like do you have to "up" the dose after a while?
    Not at all. The cumulative effects are actually positive, aka it gets better with time.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Indeed Natty. I do focus xt at a scoop every other day and will dose Hup A during exam time. However, the benefits that I mentioned above truly came to light once I started dosing the ALCAR continuously, ceteris paribus.

Na-R-Ala = best antioxidant with ALCAR IMO, just don't take them together or they polymerize.
    Does the same apply to Na-R-Ala and LCLT? If so, what are the effects?
  5. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.22%

Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa View Post
    Does the same apply to Na-R-Ala and LCLT? If so, what are the effects?
    Possibly, but the research isn't there as far as I know. Perhaps there is synergy between Na-RLA and intracellular carnitine, but we all know how big of an issue it is getting LCLT into muscle (think insulin).
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.16%

Hey Cooper, any thoughts on my post ?????

Quote Originally Posted by RipdnTxs View Post
    Does anyone have any experience using Alcar while on SSRIs ??? I take 15 mg Paxil daily and I could really use a boost in overall cognitive function. I just dont feel nearly as sharp or able to retain info like I used too..
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.07%

Hey Cooper, any thoughts on my post ?????
    I'm not Coop, but I used it when I was on zoloft for about a month and it made a very big difference. I'd say pick up a ~35$ 1000g tub of it that will last over a year and see how it works for you.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.44%

Possibly, but the research isn't there as far as I know. Perhaps there is synergy between Na-RLA and intracellular carnitine, but we all know how big of an issue it is getting LCLT into muscle (think insulin).
    Well what I was referring to if there is polymerization when Na-R-ALA and LCLT are taken literally at the same time. If there is polymerization, what does that mean exactly regarding the desired effects of the Na-R-ALA and the LCLT? Are they still as effective, less effective, or not effective at all?
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.16%

Thanks Chimeran, I started with 500 mg this morning on empty stomach. I will slowly increase and see how it goes. What differences did it make for you ????

Quote Originally Posted by chimeranD View Post
    I'm not Coop, but I used it when I was on zoloft for about a month and it made a very big difference. I'd say pick up a ~35$ 1000g tub of it that will last over a year and see how it works for you.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.07%

Thanks Chimeran, I started with 500 mg this morning on empty stomach. I will slowly increase and see how it goes. What differences did it make for you ????
    I started at 1g and increased from there. I noticed a clearer head, easier to think, easier to remember things. It pretty much canceled out a lot of the negative side effects of the SSRI.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.16%

Thats really the effects I was looking for. I will increase and update as warranted. Appreciate the help...

I started at 1g and increased from there. I noticed a clearer head, easier to think, easier to remember things. It pretty much canceled out a lot of the negative side effects of the SSRI.
  12. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.22%

Looks like ChimeranD has you covered!
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.16%

Thanks Coop !!!

Looks like ChimeranD has you covered!
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.31%

A few questions. I was going to start taking SNS ALCAR tabs soon. I also was thinking of using FocusXT as a preworkout. 4 500mg caps is 2 grams, so on non workout days dosing is easy, 4 caps. But due to the blend of the FocusXT I am not sure how much is in it. So how many caps should I take on workout days?

Also I take Orange Triad, is this sufficient for an antioxident? There is a small amount of Na-R-Ala (100mgs) in it.
  15. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.22%

Quote Originally Posted by boogyman View Post
    A few questions. I was going to start taking SNS ALCAR tabs soon. I also was thinking of using FocusXT as a preworkout. 4 500mg caps is 2 grams, so on non workout days dosing is easy, 4 caps. But due to the blend of the FocusXT I am not sure how much is in it. So how many caps should I take on workout days?

Also I take Orange Triad, is this sufficient for an antioxident? There is a small amount of Na-R-Ala (100mgs) in it.
    You can continue taking 2g ALCAR alongside with Focus XT on training days, but for the sake of saving money, you can lower the dose by 2 caps.

Don't worry about the antioxidant ancillary unless dosing high or truly chronically.
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.31%

Thanks a lot for the quick reply!
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.93%

I take 1-2g ALCAR daily myself.
    love it
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.31%

Another FocusXT question. How long do the "focus" effects typically last? My reason for asking is my workday is typically busiest first thing in the morning, than after 11am or so it tapers off. So would it be worth it to take it on non workout days in place of my morning coffee to help with the crazy first half of the day I normally deal with?

Also, I play in a basketball league 2 days a week after work. Would you guys think it would be helpful to use it about an hout before playing a sports event like that?
  19. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.22%

Quote Originally Posted by boogyman View Post
    Another FocusXT question. How long do the "focus" effects typically last? My reason for asking is my workday is typically busiest first thing in the morning, than after 11am or so it tapers off. So would it be worth it to take it on non workout days in place of my morning coffee to help with the crazy first half of the day I normally deal with?

Also, I play in a basketball league 2 days a week after work. Would you guys think it would be helpful to use it about an hout before playing a sports event like that?
    Actually, most people who use Focus XT that I've been contact with use it as a replacement for morning coffee to stay sharp throughout the day. At $0.50 per scoop, it's a great deal, and it's more effective than coffee if you ask any of the users. The effects from one scoop last 3-6 hours. It would also be effective pre-basketball. It's an all-around versatile supplement.
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.48%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

Actually, most people who use Focus XT that I've been contact with use it as a replacement for morning coffee to stay sharp throughout the day. At $0.50 per scoop, it's a great deal, and it's more effective than coffee if you ask any of the users. The effects from one scoop last 3-6 hours. It would also be effective pre-basketball. It's an all-around versatile supplement.
    I don't drink coffee, but I do drink FXT I personally try not to make a habit out of it, but it's definitely a nice addition to the workdays or before class. I wouldn't take it before basketball, but that's just me. I never needed stimulants pre-basketball or anything else to help focus/drive. It certainly wouldn't hurt, though.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  21. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.22%

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    I don't drink coffee, but I do drink FXT I personally try not to make a habit out of it, but it's definitely a nice addition to the workdays or before class. I wouldn't take it before basketball, but that's just me. I never needed stimulants pre-basketball or anything else to help focus/drive. It certainly wouldn't hurt, though.
    The thing about Focus XT is that the nootropics boost ACh subchronically, and the huperzine A dose is low enough to facilitate consistent use. In other words, it only gets better with time.
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.48%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

The thing about Focus XT is that the nootropics boost ACh subchronically, and the huperzine A dose is low enough to facilitate consistent use. In other words, it only gets better with time.
    Oh for sure, bud. I just like to give myself days off of stimulants (albeit a low dose of 200mg) whenever I can. Hence, SNS needs to stop producing new products like COP and cissus (which are great) and get me my caffeine-free FXT!
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.86%

Love me some ALCAR! It's actually made me progressively smarter. Focus xt looks like a great pre workout. Will be trying it soon
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html
  24. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.47%
    Achievements Posting Pro

In other words, it only gets better with time.
    just so true.

the 2 months or so i was taking it daily during my EMT course, by the end of the course when it was time to go take the natl. cert. test's, i was absolutely amazed at the improvement in my memory retention/faster memory recall......ive never had a HUGE problem with tests, but things were noticeable better with FXT
    iForce Nutrition Online Representative Manager
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.07%

Oh for sure, bud. I just like to give myself days off of stimulants (albeit a low dose of 200mg) whenever I can. Hence, SNS needs to stop producing new products like COP and cissus (which are great) and get me my caffeine-free FXT!
    Exactly why I don't use this product. I already take everything in it, but the convenience would be great without all the caffeine.
  26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.31%

Gonna order me some Alcar today. Since I am already taking multiple supplements I decided to just add 2 grams of bulk Alcar for a few weeks, and then start using FocusXT at a later time. I was thinking just buying 100 gram Nutraplanet bulk powder for now to try it out, with 1 gram early morning before training, and 1 gram in the afternoon. Later I can replace the first dose with the FocusXT.
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.68%
    Achievements Posting ProActivity Pro

I've been taking ALCAR in 500mg doses, for a week or so. Rarely twice a day. I still get headaches if I take around 750mg or more, at once. However, I do not get that same mild headache from FocusXT. Probably the added Choline?? I just got in some Citicoline, I think I'll play with some doses and see if I can take 1g at a time with the choline. (Got some Aniracetam too. . ) Went with ~750mg ALCAR, 250mg Na-R-ALA, 500mg Citicoline, 750mg Aniracetam and a cup if coffee, today.
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.07%

I would take the Ani twice a day at 750mg and then 250-500mg of alcar twice a day. And then have fun being smarter than everyone around you.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.95%

I can't imagine a better nootropic use than pre-sports. Seriously, even moreso than studying.
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.07%

I would tend to agree. I can't say without a baseline, but I think that I did much better in a bike race I had last weekend that I would have without noots. The ability to visualize the course, focus on little things I would normally not, and keeping calm are all great for competition success.
  31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.31%

I wouldn't either, 10 years ago. But now I am 35, go to the gym to work out at 4 AM, then go to work for 10-12 hours, and then play ball after all that. Some days my mind is not in the right place and I find the game "speeds up" and my decision making is not what it should be. I changed my mind again, ordered some Focus XT and SNS Alcar caps. When it gets here I'll try it out a few times and see how it goes.
  32. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.68%

I'm taking my Concealed Carry Weapons course this Saturday - it seems like I've found a suitable excuse to use Focus XT during the summertime.
    iFORCE NUTRITION REPRESENTATIVE

iTRAIN. iCOMPETE. iDOMINATE.
  33. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.16%

I guess ALCAR is not for me, I have been taking 500 to 1000mgs in the morning on and empty stomach for about two weeks and I get a dull headache and kinda feel not really in the moment, in that makes sense. I also added some Spark energy drink that has some Choline in it and I would feel pretty good for around two hours or so and then the weird feeling would come back and last all day. I had high hopes for this to give me more mental clarity most people have talked about, I take Paxil and Klonipin daily. I know some have posted about success with this while on SSRIs, not sure if the Klonipin would have any interactions with the ALCAR......
  34. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.07%

Good lord, klonipin and paxil. After seeing people I know basically turned into zombies on that crap, I can't believe how easily it is distributed. I am thinking that alcar is not your problem.
  35. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.16%

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Good lord, klonipin and paxil. After seeing people I know basically turned into zombies on that crap, I can't believe how easily it is distributed. I am thinking that alcar is not your problem.

I wasnt looking for ur opinion on what I,m currently taking. U dont know what Ive been through or anything about me, so lay off diagnosing my problems..
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.07%

There, there. You'll be ok.
  37. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.16%

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    There, there. You'll be ok.
    Thanks for proving what I already thought you were.....
  38. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.07%

I wasnt looking for ur opinion on what I,m currently taking. U dont know what Ive been through or anything about me, so lay off diagnosing my problems..
    Well you even stated with the added choline you felt pretty good, so why not try to help protect your brain from the damage caused by those drugs?
    May I ask what your diagnosis is?
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.16%

Well you even stated with the added choline you felt pretty good, so why not try to help protect your brain from the damage caused by those drugs?
    May I ask what your diagnosis is?
    I have had anxiety all my life, a couple years ago I started having panic/anxiety attacks. If you have ever had one of these episodes, they are terrifying to say the least. I went to see a Dr. and was put on these two meds. (low dose) and it has improved my life enough to warrant staying on them, for me at least. I am thinking about ordering Focus-XT and see how that goes, the out of the moment comment I made earlier is why I am hesitant to continue the ALCAR. It was not a good feeling, being kinda out of it at work... When you say damage to my brain caused by those drugs, could you be more specific.
  40. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.07%

What's in your life that could cause the anxiety and panic attacks? I've had it a my whole life too (pretty bad) but I would never go on those drugs.

For anxiety I've gotten off prescription drugs and just use Aniracetam along with choline citrate and alcar for the most part. If it's bad or I get a panick attack I'll use phenibut, that stuff works wonders! Caffeine and other stimulants seem to make my anxiety worse some days so I try to avoid it if I'm having a bad day, so if you can then wait for the caffeine free version of FXT.

That feeling you got from the Alcar sounds just like what I get if I don't take enough choline with my Aniracetam and Alcar, very dull minded and hard to function properly.

Alcar is neuroprotective, so if used correctly it can help keep your brain functioning as it should, and help combat the LONG list of side effects from the drugs. I know it's hard to imagine but having gone through detox from anxiety meds myself, (not those specifically) I highly recommend going a couple weeks without the meds and trying a combination of nootropics to combat the anxiety. I feel like a good Aniracetam protocol is much more effective for anxiety than my meds were.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Just switched to sub-Q TRT from IM. Will keep everyone posted
    By lucky in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 03:20 PM
  2. I Have Brain Eating Bugs In My Brain !!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-07-2007, 12:37 AM
  3. Posted by PA on bb.com
    By larmenta in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-11-2003, 03:45 AM
  4. getting old (just posted on MM)
    By Skye in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 12:42 PM