I feel this needs to be posted - Me, My Brain, and ALCAR - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

I feel this needs to be posted - Me, My Brain, and ALCAR

Page 2 of 11 First 12347 ... Last
  1. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Coop you ever play around with any racetams?
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined

2. Diamond Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Coop you ever play around with any racetams?
    Yes sir. I haven't gotten to use them consistently, but I've dabbled with oxi, ani, and phenyl, and generally stick with piracetam and pramiracetam for my work if I need it, which is rare these days.

3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Nice, cy. I agree on the leanness part. Definitely does something good there.

And, because it must be done: SAN's Black Friday Sale is the perfect time to pick up ALCAR (capped or powder!) and top quality NA-R-Ala, b1g1 free!

http://www.sann.net/shop/index.php?main_page=page&id=34

•   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

ALCAR is good stuff.Gives me wicked headaches sometimes,though.

5. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Yes sir. I haven't gotten to use them consistently, but I've dabbled with oxi, ani, and phenyl, and generally stick with piracetam and pramiracetam for my work if I need it, which is rare these days.
    which do you feel works better ravetams or ALCAR?

6. Diamond Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by GaDawgs29 View Post
    which do you feel works better ravetams or ALCAR?
    Very different effects IMO. Whereas ALCAR aids primarily in sharpness and focus, racetams generally aid in elaboration of thought (though different racetams such as pram and phenyl increase focus as well).

7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by poison
    Nice, cy. I agree on the leanness part. Definitely does something good there.

And, because it must be done: SAN's Black Friday Sale is the perfect time to pick up ALCAR (capped or powder!) and top quality NA-R-Ala, b1g1 free!

http://www.sann.net/shop/index.php?main_page=page&id=34
    Jesus. 60 caps for $15... Dosed properly @ 600mg it lasts 10 daysss. Fuuuuui

I also have taken ALCAR @2g daily for the last month. I agree with cyrus on this one. It's truly a great, great thing. I also do take 1/2-1 scoop daily of FXT in the morning.. It's better then a cup of coffee IMO.

8. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  235 lbs.
    Answers

what about using GTE as an anti oxidant w/ alcar?
    I have been using alcar for several months now and i love it, even have my mom and a couple friends hooked on it now.

9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Answers

How much would this help someone that already has high focus abilities? I have never tried a product for mental focus/function so I am completely inexperienced in this area. Is this something that would literally benefit everyone?

10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid
    How much would this help someone that already has high focus abilities? I have never tried a product for mental focus/function so I am completely inexperienced in this area. Is this something that would literally benefit everyone?
    Yeah. Your description describes me. I tried this out of curiousity and I.operate fine off of it, but I enjoy being on ALCAR more. However, if I had to stop using it i'd be good still. Its benefits everyone.

11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Yeah. Your description describes me. I tried this out of curiousity and I.operate fine off of it, but I enjoy being on ALCAR more. However, if I had to stop using it i'd be good still. Its benefits everyone.
    Yeah I would consider trying this but there are just so many supplements on my "current wish list" that I do not know if I can give this priority right now with my current funds. Down side of still being a student lol. But I will deff add this to my "try in the future list".

12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid

Yeah I would consider trying this but there are just so many supplements on my "current wish list" that I do not know if I can give this priority right now with my current funds. Down side of still being a student lol. But I will deff add this to my "try in the future list".
    Shoot me your addy. I'll send you.some from my stash.

Day@seriousnutritionsolutions. com

13. Diamond Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by McBurly View Post
    what about using GTE as an anti oxidant w/ alcar?
    I have been using alcar for several months now and i love it, even have my mom and a couple friends hooked on it now.
    Not sure on the GTE. When I don't use Na-R-Ala, I use either NAC or Trans-Resveratrol.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    My focus abilities are already high at baseline, alcar just takes it a step further.

14. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  123 lbs.
    Answers

It is utilized perfectly fine. I like to use Na-R-Ala on the day I use ALCAR for the antioxidant properties.
    Coop, how much Na-R-Ala would you dose along with Slin-sane before a carb-heavy meal?

15. Official Genomyx Wizard
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by allieninja View Post
    Coop, how much Na-R-Ala would you dose along with Slin-sane before a carb-heavy meal?
    If you're dosing it with SS then 100-200mg should be plenty.

16. Diamond Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by allieninja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by itzDodge View Post
    If you're dosing it with SS then 100-200mg should be plenty.
    The effects aren't necessarily additive. 200mg would be a good starting point.

17. Official Genomyx Wizard
    Answers

The effects aren't necessarily additive. 200mg would be a good starting point.
    Why wouldn't they be?

18. Diamond Member
    Answers

Why wouldn't they be?
    Yeah let me reword that. They are additive, but you can't take an insignificant dose of Na-R-Ala just because slin-sane is being taken. Make sure the dose is effective, but it certainly doesn't have to be as high as it may otherwise be.

19. Official Genomyx Wizard
    Answers

Yeah let me reword that. They are additive, but you can't take an insignificant dose of Na-R-Ala just because slin-sane is being taken. Make sure the dose is effective, but it certainly doesn't have to be as high as it may otherwise be.
    Hence my 100-200 suggestion, considering most people always go a little bit over anyways. If you're looking for it's anti-oxidant properties then you'll likely want 200+ but I assumed since she was stacking it with SS it was more so for blood sugar control and even though I don't know many people who have gone hypo from OTC GDAs why not just start from the base dosage and work up. Even GeroNova recommends 100mg with meals as a starting point

20. Diamond Member
    Answers

Hence my 100-200 suggestion, considering most people always go a little bit over anyways. If you're looking for it's anti-oxidant properties then you'll likely want 200+ but I assumed since she was stacking it with SS it was more so for blood sugar control and even though I don't know many people who have gone hypo from OTC GDAs why not just start from the base dosage and work up. Even GeroNova recommends 100mg with meals as a starting point
    I am not disagreeing with your suggestion lol, maybe I shouldn't have multi-quoted that one . I personally would use 200mg Na-R-Ala + SS in her specific situation because she is using ALCAR (I know from PMs). As far as blood glucose control, I like to look at it from a Na-R-Ala dose per day rather than per meal due to its long half-life.

21. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Jesus. 60 caps for $15... Dosed properly @ 600mg it lasts 10 daysss. Fuuuuui
    1) SAN's NA-R-ALA is better than other's, according to numerous comments I've seen from people who've used other brands. Effects are better.

2) You don't need 600mg to get the anti-ox benefits.

It's better then a cup of coffee IMO.
    OK, now you're just ****ing with me.

22. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

100mg can kick my ass.

23. Official Genomyx Wizard
    Answers

I am not disagreeing with your suggestion lol, maybe I shouldn't have multi-quoted that one . I personally would use 200mg Na-R-Ala + SS in her specific situation because she is using ALCAR (I know from PMs). As far as blood glucose control, I like to look at it from a Na-R-Ala dose per day rather than per meal due to its long half-life.
    I have learned much from you sir. What would your recommended daily dosage of Na-R-ALA be, 500-600mg?

24. Official Genomyx Wizard
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    1) SAN's NA-R-ALA is better than other's, according to numerous comments I've seen from people who've used other brands. Effects are better.
    Quality Na-R-ALA is an issue when purchasing thats why I usually suggest to see if it's GeroNova they sourced from as thats the only quality produces I know of. I actually recall way back Sldge had mentioned in R&D at one point they were comparing Na-R-ALA and GeroNova's had the best results, even doubling on lower quality ones wasn't achieving the same levels and its most likely due to stability issues, ergo quality.

25. Diamond Member
    Answers

I have learned much from you sir. What would your recommended daily dosage of Na-R-ALA be, 500-600mg?
    400mg-600mg a day gets the job done for me; I stick with 400mg when my carbs are low, 600 otherwise. Despite what you may think, I'm never too precise about the measurements .

26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Congrats on making the newsletter, Coop.

Fantastic thread with a ton of information. I used to take ALCAR pretty religiously and then just stopped; this seems like good enough reason to start back up.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve

27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast
    Congrats on making the newsletter, Coop.

Fantastic thread with a ton of information. I used to take ALCAR pretty religiously and then just stopped; this seems like good enough reason to start back up.
    Its so cheap too. Quality product.

28. Official Genomyx Wizard
    Answers

400mg-600mg a day gets the job done for me; I stick with 400mg when my carbs are low, 600 otherwise. Despite what you may think, I'm never too precise about the measurements .
    I picture you sitting there scraping granules of Na-R-ALA off the top of your scooper which you've already whittled down so the scoop measures exactly 200mg every time. There is a stop watch and alarm set to measure precisely 30 minutes before you are allowed to eat/dose other compounds.

29. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by itzDodge

I picture you sitting there scraping granules of Na-R-ALA off the top of your scooper which you've already whittled down so the scoop measures exactly 200mg every time. There is a stop watch and alarm set to measure precisely 30 minutes before you are allowed to eat/dose other compounds.
    He is that anal.

30. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  214 lbs.
    Answers

man this sounds too good to be true. i gotta go to the lab (google) and research this thoroughly, for myself.

31. New Member
    Answers

If I was using ALCAR daily i would take an anti-oxidant. It has shown to have pro-oxidant effects at very high doses. Whether this translates to 1-2g per day I am not sure, but always better safe than sorry.
    All antioxidants act as free radicals when taken in too high of a dose, not just ALCAR. If this is what's going on, I don't think it would be of benefit to take even more antioxidants. It would be like trying to put out a fire with vodka...

32. Diamond Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance187 View Post
    All antioxidants act as free radicals when taken in too high of a dose, not just ALCAR. If this is what's going on, I don't think it would be of benefit to take even more antioxidants. It would be like trying to put out a fire with vodka...
    Not unless you are using those antioxidants to a degree that pro-oxidation becomes an issue. Use the ALCAR daily, use the supporting antioxidant less frequently and at a relatively low dose.

Just thought I would update: this past week I had a very rough schedule, one of the worst in the past year. I slept 2 hours in 4 days and was bombarded with exams, term papers, and the like...all of which I had put off due to Thanksgiving and applications. As far as anecdote, ALCAR played a pretty signficant acute role in combating mental fatigue. It seemed that after a 1-2g dose, I felt much more mentally fresh. This is not something I notice under normal circumstances...while I get focus, I do not get this kind of "mental second wind." But under fatigued circumstances, ALCAR seems to normalize brain function, at least in my experiences. Hope this helps any of you who have those dreaded weeks without any sleep; take your ALCAR at your lowest points during the day to optimize mental performance!

33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Not unless you are using those antioxidants to a degree that pro-oxidation becomes an issue. Use the ALCAR daily, use the supporting antioxidant less frequently and at a relatively low dose.

Just thought I would update: this past week I had a very rough schedule, one of the worst in the past year. I slept 2 hours in 4 days and was bombarded with exams, term papers, and the like...all of which I had put off due to Thanksgiving and applications. As far as anecdote, ALCAR played a pretty signficant acute role in combating mental fatigue. It seemed that after a 1-2g dose, I felt much more mentally fresh. This is not something I notice under normal circumstances...while I get focus, I do not get this kind of "mental second wind." But under fatigued circumstances, ALCAR seems to normalize brain function, at least in my experiences. Hope this helps any of you who have those dreaded weeks without any sleep; take your ALCAR at your lowest points during the day to optimize mental performance!
    thats awesome man, sad to hear you had to undergo that kind of mental stress though to really test ALCAR good luck on all the school stuff.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Right with you there man. Averaging 3ish hours for sleep so far...

35. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Anyone know of a quick way to undue the polymerization from ALA/ALCAR on things like a spoon? Curious if there is something quick and easy I might have lying around the house I can use...!

36. Diamond Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jordinator View Post
    Anyone know of a quick way to undue the polymerization from ALA/ALCAR on things like a spoon? Curious if there is something quick and easy I might have lying around the house I can use...!
    Nothing off the top of my head. The simple fix is to take ALA 30 minutes prior to using ALCAR.

37. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Would there b any negative interaction with Paxil, I would really like to try some ALCAR for some mental sharpness and concentration...

38. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Nothing off the top of my head. The simple fix is to take ALA 30 minutes prior to using ALCAR.
    Problem I'm having is I use a 1/4tsp to measure out dosage and the residual powder on the spoon polymerizes. I now use two different spoons but my scale has a tray which has also been polymerized! This **** will NOT come off even with hot water and scrubbing. UGH. lol

39. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.
    Answers

If I was using ALCAR daily i would take an anti-oxidant. It has shown to have pro-oxidant effects at very high doses. Whether this translates to 1-2g per day I am not sure, but always better safe than sorry.

Also don't just depend on ALCAR. The only part of ALCAR doing anything for memory or cognition is the acetyl group. It cleaves as soon as it hits the stomach, and having more acetyl groups available may allow for more production of acetylcholine.

But knowing this, it is essential to supplement a choline with it to get more of the spectrum. Then you can get tricky and add an AChE inhibitor here and there
    Interesting. Gonna have to consider stacking ALCAR with choline and my racetams for some major synergy.

40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I have heard that fluoride is a choline inhibitor. Anyone else heard that? Just another reason for me to drink cleaner water.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Just switched to sub-Q TRT from IM. Will keep everyone posted
    By lucky in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 01:20 PM
  2. I Have Brain Eating Bugs In My Brain !!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-06-2007, 10:37 PM
  3. Posted by PA on bb.com
    By larmenta in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-11-2003, 01:45 AM
  4. getting old (just posted on MM)
    By Skye in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 10:42 AM