I feel this needs to be posted - Me, My Brain, and ALCAR

Page 11 of 15 First ... 910111213 ... Last

1. Little late on this thread but anyways, I love this stuff and have been taking it daily at 1000 mg in the am. I'm losing hair pretty quick as is but Ive noticed alcar is causing it to shed at a rapid rate. Should I lower it 500mg ? or is this a common affect in those prone to mpb?

2. Quote Originally Posted by SSD77 View Post
    Little late on this thread but anyways, I love this stuff and have been taking it daily at 1000 mg in the am. I'm losing hair pretty quick as is but Ive noticed alcar is causing it to shed at a rapid rate. Should I lower it 500mg ? or is this a common affect in those prone to mpb?
    At high doses ALCAR can cause premature hair loss or shorten hair growth cycles because it upregulates the p75 nerve growth factor.

Try to spread the doses out through the day and see of that helps at all.
    PEScience Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    Instagram: kylebayne23
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    At high doses ALCAR can cause premature hair loss or shorten hair growth cycles because it upregulates the p75 nerve growth factor.

Try to spread the doses out through the day and see of that helps at all.
    thank you good sir. i'll prob just do the 500mg in the am and maaaaybe one more mid day

4. Do all carnitines have this effect on hair loss?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Urban Monk View Post
    Do all carnitines have this effect on hair loss?
    I believe only ALCAR and PLCAR can have effect on hair loss. If you are worried you can always add some biotin.

Did a little more reading on hair loss and carnitine salts. ALCAR has a higher chance of leading to hair loss while PLCAR may have an effect it is slim to none I would predict.

If Coop comes in here he will let you know more answers exactly.
    PEScience Representative

6. Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    I believe only ALCAR and PLCAR can have effect on hair loss. If you are worried you can always add some biotin.

Did a little more reading on hair loss and carnitine salts. ALCAR has a higher chance of leading to hair loss while PLCAR may have an effect it is slim to none I would predict.

If Coop comes in here he will let you know more answers exactly.
    Are the benefits similar between the two? If so I may switch over to plcar. Also how is Alpha GPC in relation to alcar. Basically looking for anything to sub Alcar.

7. Quote Originally Posted by SSD77 View Post

Are the benefits similar between the two? If so I may switch over to plcar. Also how is Alpha GPC in relation to alcar. Basically looking for anything to sub Alcar.
    Read this:

L-Carnitine L-Tartrate vs. PLCAR
    PEScience Representative

8. Quote Originally Posted by SSD77 View Post
    why are you looking to sub alcar? it is very safe.
    you can stack 2-4g of alcar with lclt, plcar, gplc, whatever other carnitines you want. it's one of the safest supplements even at high doses i've ever tried. high reward, very low risk.

alpha gpc is great but very expensive, cdp-choline is next best, about half as expensive, still works well. but choline from duck eggs, pastured hens, or even cheap choline bitartrate is fine.

9. Because he is losing hair due to it. With so many other products as good or better than alcar (IMO), it would be silly to continue running it with that side.

10. ok brb taking alcar to maintain mental acquity before drinking so i can not get drunk and forget my troubles, which then defeats purpose of drinking...

:sadpanda:
    •   

11. Exactly, I LOVE Alcar but I cannot afford to be losing this much hair with a history of mpb.

12. I had no idea ALCAR caused shedding. Is this common?

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

13. Quote Originally Posted by dallasboy22 View Post
    I had no idea ALCAR caused shedding. Is this common?

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    I'm not positive but I believe if you have a family history it MAY speed up hair loss. I wouldnt say it was to a significant degree but I do not have much hair to begin with and really cant afford to take anything that can speed up hairloss.

14. Meh, if you have the genetics just embrace the inevitable.

15. How about taking Alcar, LcLt during cycle? ex: Sd? Ive been taking Alcar 500mg morning and 1500 pre workout and sometimes the whole 2000mg pre workout. Ive been taking my Lclt away from alcar (idk why) but im taking 2000mg spread out before meals. Should i add it to my alcar pre workout?
    Black Lion Representative
    I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to

16. Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post
    How about taking Alcar, LcLt during cycle? ex: Sd? Ive been taking Alcar 500mg morning and 1500 pre workout and sometimes the whole 2000mg pre workout. Ive been taking my Lclt away from alcar (idk why) but im taking 2000mg spread out before meals. Should i add it to my alcar pre workout?
    If you're using both ALCAR and LCLT, I would go 2 grams ALCAR in the morning and then 2 grams LCLT pre workout.
    PEScience Representative

17. Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post

If you're using both ALCAR and LCLT, I would go 2 grams ALCAR in the morning and then 2 grams LCLT pre workout.
    Ok cool. Any benefits on taking both? Or should I just take one and save the other? Also from my understanding LCLT helps absorb sd more?

18. Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post

Ok cool. Any benefits on taking both? Or should I just take one and save the other? Also from my understanding LCLT helps absorb sd more?
    Both ALCAR and LCLT have their own specific benefits, so taking both is very beneficial. And as far as absorption from LCLT and SD, yes it will help with absorption and make it more potent by increasing the androgen receptors in the body.
    PEScience Representative

19. Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post

Both ALCAR and LCLT have their own specific benefits, so taking both is very beneficial. And as far as absorption from LCLT and SD, yes it will help with absorption and make it more potent by increasing the androgen receptors in the body.
    E****lent. Ty kind sir.

20. For those talking about ALCAR and hair loss, what are you defining a high dose as?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.
  21. I feel this needs to be posted - Me, My Brain, and ALCAR

I notice shedding at 2g/day in two split doses

22. I have never experienced hair loss from ALCAR. Is it possible? Yes. But there are a hundred genetic and environmental factors to assess first.

23. Quote Originally Posted by SSD77 View Post
    Exactly, I LOVE Alcar but I cannot afford to be losing this much hair with a history of mpb.
    Ive actually seen data showing alcar can slow down certain forms of hair loss
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html

24. Would taking alcar with craze pre workout do anything?

25. Quote Originally Posted by rhino67jg View Post
    Would taking alcar with craze pre workout do anything?
    Increase focus. I've used 2g ALCAR with it many times.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

26. I might have to give it a go... thanx

27. Quote Originally Posted by rhino67jg View Post
    I might have to give it a go... thanx
    No problem.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  28. I feel this needs to be posted - Me, My Brain, and ALCAR

Quote Originally Posted by Clemenza View Post
    Ive actually seen data showing alcar can slow down certain forms of hair loss
    Do you know the reference? I'd be really interested to read about it

29. Combined 1 scoop of alcar with 2 scoops of craze today, 1 hour before workout. 2 scoops of hemavol, one half hour before workout. 2 scoops compete during workout. Felt very focused & alert. More so than just taking craze, hemavol & compete. Only second day using alcar & I feel much more clear headed & alert.

30. Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    Have you had luck with Biotin? I like ALCAR, but I do notice a bit more shedding with 1-1.5g a day range. I am definitely genetically predisposed to MPB, but I would like to keep the hair loss to a minimum.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Just switched to sub-Q TRT from IM. Will keep everyone posted
    By lucky in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 03:20 PM
  2. I Have Brain Eating Bugs In My Brain !!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-07-2007, 12:37 AM
  3. Posted by PA on bb.com
    By larmenta in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-11-2003, 03:45 AM
  4. getting old (just posted on MM)
    By Skye in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 12:42 PM