I feel this needs to be posted - Me, My Brain, and ALCAR
- 09-06-2012, 01:06 PM
- 09-06-2012, 01:55 PM
09-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Well I aced my first chem quiz. Not really impressive at all but I was also the first in the class to finish. Again not super suprised. But hey I'll let this play out. I do seem to be retaining information as well or better than a I used to. I also feel like I might be getting better mind-muscle connection in the gym which sort of makes sense?
09-06-2012, 08:50 PM
09-06-2012, 09:08 PM
09-06-2012, 09:10 PM
09-06-2012, 09:30 PM
09-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Back in 2005-2006 when i took alcar for six years I did 3 grams first thing everyday, and when i was working security for a nightclub , i would dose 3 grams before work for a total of 6 grams. I used it every so often when i felt I need some kind of mental boost because that is what seemed to happen.
now a days I do 3 grams lclt and that works for me
Facebook John Smeton Fitness
09-07-2012, 12:05 AM
Really, I think you can dose it all of those ways. I just believe you avoid things like , ...it mixes fine with other things. Just look at . It has quite a few ingredients that are in with it. Water and caps are fine too. I think, unless told otherwise, juice would be fine if dumped in and drink quick. For what it is worth the test isn't as bad as many raws.Originally Posted by MonteCedillo
I think Coop or someone else can tell you what to avoid.
"Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."
09-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Lol I dumped it on my tongue and chased and I think I nearly burnt a hole in my tongue. Stuff is bubbly.
09-11-2012, 07:38 PM
Are their any negative side effects from ALCAR when on a low calorie diet or when on cycle? I started taking ALCAR 1g twice daily and I've been exhausted since. I don't think it's the Epi as I'm in my 5th week and have not had lethargy until now, also taking stano.
09-11-2012, 10:31 PM
09-27-2012, 06:28 PM
Does anyone know if there are significant quality differences of ALCAR?
I'm currently taking SmartPowders' ALCAR, which I like, but haven't tried ALCAR from any other brand (unless you want to include Focus XT, which has ALCAR).
An interesting article I ran into:
10-03-2012, 08:29 AM
1g Alcar, 200mg na-rala, 200mg caffein, and 25mg of ephedrine is a very nice morning stack so far. May try the same preworkout later in the day. Anybody recommend anything else to add
10-03-2012, 08:48 AM
10-03-2012, 09:42 AM
10-03-2012, 09:43 AM
10-03-2012, 09:55 AM
10-03-2012, 11:18 AM
10-03-2012, 01:34 PM
10-03-2012, 02:27 PM
10-03-2012, 03:12 PM
IMO, If you're not experiencing any hypoglycemic effects, no. However, it could be taken prior to a carb rich meal (when you have them).Originally Posted by dcne02
Serious Nutrition Solutions
Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com
10-03-2012, 10:23 PM
10-10-2012, 10:06 AM
I've been dosing ALCAR daily 1-2g (depending on how much I have to study) and I've noticed a dramatic increase in sharpness, recalling information, and I do not have to study as long as I used to. It's definitely worth putting in your stack.
One question: Does ALCAR need to be stacked with anything if I am taking 1-2g daily? And are there any long term usage side effects from ALCAR?
I talked to my science major biology teacher and he is also really interested. He is consistently monitoring my homework, involvement in class, sharpness, and test grades. We talked about it being a unique amino acid as it passes the BB. In other words, if it works (which I believe it has) my professor will be on the bandwagon as well.
10-10-2012, 05:07 PM
10-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Got my SNS Agmatine in today. Can't wait to add it to my morning stack of Alcar, Na-rala, Ephedrine, Caffeine, EGcG.
10-11-2012, 01:38 AM
11-08-2012, 09:30 PM
11-09-2012, 12:16 AM
11-11-2012, 05:50 AM
Wow that really makes me want to try ALCAR more than ever! I don't use stims aside from a tiny dose PWO, so this sounds awesome. I have been looking at all three of the "CARs" recently, and I am very interested in them, but I am still not completely clear on all of the differences between them. I have some questions about them if you don't mind:
1. How would you compare ALCAR to Sulbutiamine (if you've taken it)? Any idea if they work well together?
2. All of the carnitines (ALCAR, PLCAR, LCLT) seem to help with fat, but ALCAR and PLCAR both seem to have added bonus effects. ALCAR seems to be a nootropic, and PLCAR seems to have muscle/strength boosting properties. Is this accurate? If so, how does LCLT compare to ALCAR and PLCAR? Are there effects other than fat loss that I am not aware of? Or are the fat loss effects of LCLT stronger than in the other two?
3. Is PLCAR known to have any nootropic or energy boosting properties, or are all of ALCAR's such properties from the "A" part if it?
4. Regarding antioxidants, I drink a green shake every morning (Amazing Grass brand) with an antioxidant formula in it (acai, maca, carrot, beet, etc...). Would that be sufficient if I were to run ALCAR at 2 grams/day?
5. Do all of the "CARs" require antioxidants, or only ALCAR?
Thanks a lot!
Last edited by tyrub42; 11-11-2012 at 06:17 AM. Reason: forgot about antioxidant questions
Similar Forum Threads
- By lucky in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 1Last Post: 04-12-2010, 03:20 PM
- By anabolicrhino in forum General ChatReplies: 4Last Post: 05-07-2007, 12:37 AM
- By larmenta in forum AnabolicsReplies: 8Last Post: 11-11-2003, 03:45 AM
- By Skye in forum General ChatReplies: 2Last Post: 07-21-2003, 12:42 PM