so, woke up this morning....

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
and my arms were pumped? i've been using agmatine at 1g e/d now for 3 days, i think it's starting to kick in. I've never woke up with pumped arms when im not on cycle.

oh, didn't lift yesterday, but the day before.

anyone else experience this?

GHO5T

Awards
Absolutely, I know what you mean. I take 1g of agamtine 15 mins before my high carb breakfast and feel the the pumps all day long. The effects will continue to get better, just not the pump; i.e. mood and endurance

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
man, thats freaking great to hear! im just wondering if 1g does this, what would 2g be like? anyone go higher?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Does the pump ever die after use?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does the pump ever die after use?
i didn't workout yesterday, but have been taking 500mg in the am, and 500mg in the afternoon, pre w/o.

but no lifting yesterday, and woke up pumped when i flexed my arms. im normally dry as a bone in the am. it was like, whoa! am i on steroids?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
i didn't workout yesterday, but have been taking 500mg in the am, and 500mg in the afternoon, pre w/o.

but no lifting yesterday, and woke up pumped when i flexed my arms. im normally dry as a bone in the am. it was like, whoa! am i on steroids?
Is it like a creatine bloat?

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can't say I've experienced that jbry...but very much love the solid pump of 1g Agmatine preWO along with creatine/bcaa nitrates that I've been doing for the last several weeks...

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, im enjoying it. tood 500mg along with some musclemilk blended with rolled oats. in a few hours, going to take another 500mg pre w/o along with some formula x.

like i said, i feel like im starting to see the effects from it, so cant wait to go hit back/arms today.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
he is right hook.

anywho, care to elaborate on why it may not be a good thing?

also, i stretched first, so that could of had something to do with it?

had a great back/arm workout, good stuff, good pump, nice energy in the gym today.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
niiice... I gotta get in on this after my beta run... seems too good to be true... Def down

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I use agmatine in the AM with a high carb meal and get increased fullness all day.

Use it preworkout and my workout pump lasts much, much longer.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love agmatine and certainly get enhanced pumps but not for all day. It's nice during the workout though!

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
man, this stuff is nice. you guys gotta try this with you fav pre w/o. just make sure to give it a few days, once it gets going, it's nice.

i havn't dosed it at a gram pre w/o yet though, gonna have to give that a try on monday.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
man, this stuff is nice. you guys gotta try this with you fav pre w/o. just make sure to give it a few days, once it gets going, it's nice.

i havn't dosed it at a gram pre w/o yet though, gonna have to give that a try on monday.
I've been using this stuff for months now and it's just keeps getting better!

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Not at all. If taken before high carb meal it can actually help with bloating and nutrient absorption
This.

I enjoy 750mg when I wake up and some days I also take 750mg 45mins prior to working out. I thoroughly enjoy Agmatine.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've used up to 2g daily, but I don't think there was any major difference. 1-1.5g is the sweet spot IME. 1g non workout days, 1.5g on workout days ;)

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've used up to 2g daily, but I don't think there was any major difference. 1-1.5g is the sweet spot IME. 1g non workout days, 1.5g on workout days ;)
...how do you normally spread that out thru the day? 1.5g preWO....or 1g preWO...then 500mg pre bed...or 250mg before 2 other meals on workout days?

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Damn I gotta try this stuff sounds pretty good. Is there a consensus on the dosage protocol?

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
...how do you normally spread that out thru the day? 1.5g preWO....or 1g preWO...then 500mg pre bed...or 250mg before 2 other meals on workout days?
1g per day = 500mg in the morning, 500mg pre cardio
1.5g per day = 500mg morning, 1g pre weightlifting

Makes me feel awesome ;)

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Guess i'll have to jump on the agmatine train....sounds interesting

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Does it really matter if its NP's brand or Primaforce?
Wouldn't be able to tell you. I've only tried 3:

SNS Agmatine and MAN Blueprint worked very well.
Musclefeast's didn't do anything for me.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
wasn't even aware NP had their own Agmatine, but dang, see reviews are a couple years old for it...OOS right now though...

vpower

vpower

Awards
  • Established
To the OP, I am thinkin of picking this up as well. What brand are you currently using?

aLinux

aLinux

Awards
I'm only using 5 to 7 tabs = 500/600mg Hemavol plus 1 tab Slin-sane @ 205lbs my pump lasts close to 36 hrs. It says don't use more then 4
days a week followed by 3 day off period, but its not just the pump, its how it makes me feel that makes me want to keep taking it over and over again. It definitely must be pushing nutrients to "where" they should be going.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To the OP, I am thinkin of picking this up as well. What brand are you currently using?
jbry is an SNS rep so if he isn't using SNS we should be worried. ;)

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol yea, i'd be worried too, though as most of y'all know, i use everybodys products, from athletix to xtreme formulations.

if it's good i'll say it's good, if it sux, i'll say it sux.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Is is ok to take with regular L arginine ?
You sure can, though I'm willing to bet that once you try agmatine you won't be going back to arginine ;)

I'm only using 5 to 7 tabs = 500/600mg Hemavol plus 1 tab Slin-sane @ 205lbs my pump lasts close to 36 hrs. It says don't use more then 4
days a week followed by 3 day off period, but its not just the pump, its how it makes me feel that makes me want to keep taking it over and over again. It definitely must be pushing nutrients to "where" they should be going.
36 hours :eek:!

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
can someone compare the pump you get with this stuff to citrulline malate? Because that is the best supplement I have used for pumps to date.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
can someone compare the pump you get with this stuff to citrulline malate? Because that is the best supplement I have used for pumps to date.
I honestly find this superior to CM and in the same league as nitrates.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I have never used nitrates before are there products on the market with nitrates for weight lifting purposes besides creatine nitrate?

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
agmatine/CM combo ftw :p

amazing how the supp industry is. agmatine's literally been around for a few years now, honestly have no idea how it took THIS LONG for it to get as popular as it is now.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
who knows, i had never heard of it until i worked for sns.

glad i know about it now though.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
might just add this stuff to my pct in a month excited to give it a try I got fantastic pumps with CM can't imagine with this added in

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1g per day = 500mg in the morning, 500mg pre cardio
1.5g per day = 500mg morning, 1g pre weightlifting

Makes me feel awesome ;)
Good to hear. AI Sports is carrying it now http://www.aisportsnutrition.com/mstore/index.php/all-products/agmatine.html

when I get me some I am going to have to try this.

I wake up and use bcaa's and l carntine tartrate so i guess adding this when waking up would be fine. It looks like the most benefit is taking it pre workout .

why do you think its a good idea to take it before the first meal?

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
why do you think its a good idea to take it before the first meal?
agmatine has some nutrient partitioning effects, great with high-carb meals....when dosing like that in the morning, deff. notice that i keep that "full" look during the day, mood boost throughout the day is nice as well

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
agmatine has some nutrient partitioning effects, great with high-carb meals....when dosing like that in the morning, deff. notice that i keep that "full" look during the day, mood boost throughout the day is nice as well
In that case is it best to take with the preworkout meal for the second dose or just 30 mins pre workout not with food?

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
In that case is it best to take with the preworkout meal for the second dose or just 30 mins pre workout not with food?
well, for me i take it on an empty stomach pre *however, my pre dose comes from Hemavol, i use bulk for other doses during the day*

but 500-1000mg around 2 hours pre-workout with a high carb meal = epic pumps

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
anytime Jbry''s name is even mentioned i inherently begin to worry.... :ntome: