Favorite Multi-Vitamin?

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Curious what everyone's favorite is, mine personally has been Controlled Labs Orange Triad and Animal Pak's but lately I've added Muscle Pharm's Armor-V in my rotation cause i like the profile in it.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
now's ADAM. I keep it simple.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've mostly used Orange Triad and NOW ADAM, but I've got a bottle of AST's Multi-Pro 32x to use, next.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
MVP and complete balance.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Orange Triad & Dr. Feel Good are both good.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
MVP closely followed by orange triad

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My multi from sams club works just fine.. comparative to mens one a day.

Mike

tyzero89

tyzero89

Awards
I've been running orange triad for a while and loving it!!

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I ran Anavite for a couple months simply because of the inclusion of BA and LCLT. Saved me from taking LCLT all together and i was able to reduce powdered BA supplementation since Anavite provides 2g at a full dose (iirc). Orange Triad does reduce my joint pain so i switch to that if things get rough.

Since OT is like 23 bucks for 45 days fully dosed and Anavite is 21 bucks for 30 days fully dosed i've never really wanted to use anything else. If i had to go a cheap route i'd use Life Force since it's properly sourced unlike a lot of other cheap multis.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I've been running orange triad for a while and loving it!!
^^^ Same here

I like the digestion support in it. I haven't had heartburn (used to get it daily) or GI problems since taking OT daily. Same with my joints, they've been happy with the choice.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Orange triad or Now Adam

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Vitalizer hands down. Time release and sepcisl delivery allows for better absorption. I like the price to value of what you get ratio.

AtomicFox

AtomicFox

Awards
  • Established
NOW Adam softgel version :)

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Curious what everyone's favorite is, mine personally has been Controlled Labs Orange Triad and Animal Pak's but lately I've added Muscle Pharm's Armor-V in my rotation cause i like the profile in it.
looking at Armor V it looks pretty pathetic....24% DV of Magnesium and only 400 IU of Vitamin D? I have been taking DR. Feel Good by SAN...really wish they would switch from Tabs to Caps though.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
RLS 3d multi here, sometime on opti men's

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Orange Triad is great. I would have gone with Orthocore, but they reformulated it for the worse without reducing the price.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
looking at Armor V it looks pretty pathetic....24% DV of Magnesium and only 400 IU of Vitamin D? I have been taking DR. Feel Good by SAN...really wish they would switch from Tabs to Caps though.
I'm pretty sure it would be too much volume for caps, you'd have to take a far greater number. How's it treating you otherwise?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm pretty sure it would be too much volume for caps, you'd have to take a far greater number. How's it treating you otherwise?
pretty well, smells and tastes like crap. I am curious on how well these digest though since they are like tiny bricks.

Ginandtonic

Ginandtonic

Awards
Life Force, for the price I have a hard time believing anything is better

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Life Force, for the price I have a hard time believing anything is better
50% DV of Vitamin D and 25% DV of Magnesium.....thats not really that great.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
I also prefer MST MVP and Hammer Premium insurance caps when I can afford them.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
pretty well, smells and tastes like crap. I am curious on how well these digest though since they are like tiny bricks.
Multi's usually smell and taste crappy. :D Capsules vs pills:

But outside of these scenarios, there’s really no basis to assert that a quality name-brand supplement tablet can not or will not break down and be completely absorbed when taken as directed.The technology of capsule and tablet manufacture has grown and evolved with the product-side of industry; considerably more goes into making a good multivitamin capsule or tablet than simply compressing ingredients in a machine. For example, name-brand and all reputable contract manufacturers test and re-test their products for acceptable dissolution times and thoroughness under stomach-like conditions.Then there’s the old wives’ tale about the worthlessness of vitamins because “they just make expensive urine” or “you just pee them out” or other variations on the theme.
It’s not hard to see where this one came from. Anytime you take a multivitamin or a B complex, you’re going to get some vitamin B2 (riboflavin). B2 markedly changes the color or urine, usually making it much yellower. Thus when someone visit the bathroom an hour or so after taking their supplement, it’s easy to see why they might conclude that their vitamins have been wasted and have not been absorbed.
But neither is the case. Vitamins from supplements are absorbed the same way as vitamins from food; they have the same fate. No vitamin, whether from food or supplements, can go directly from the stomach to the bladder. The only way vitamins can change the appearance of urine is if they have been filtered from the bloodstream by the kidneys, and the only way that can occur is if the supplement has been absorbed from the digestive tract, and the only way that can occur is if the supplement breaks down easily or is otherwise manufactured to be bioavailable.
So, contrary to the myth, when you see color changes in your urine associated with your supplement, it’s not evidence of it being wasted, it’s confirmation that it’s been broken down, absorbed and made available to body tissues.
One final point about absorption; faster isn’t necessarily better. Many people spend the extra money for liquid supplements based on a belief that they will absorb faster than capsules or tablets. They might, but the time difference between complete absorption of liquids versus other forms, 20-30 minutes, does not amount to a noticeable advantage or a nutritional advantage with most supplements. In fact, where higher potencies are concerned, slower absorption may be preferable to fast, sudden absorption. This is because there are limits to how fast and how much of a given nutrient can be absorbed per unit of time. When you overwhelm these absorption pathways, you do waste nutrients. Slower is better when it comes to essential nutrients. Many supplements are available in time-released format for this reason. For other types of supplements such as preworkout formulas or energy products the faster absorption makes a significant difference, and has led to market dominance of these formats.
The idea that faster absorption is better comes from, we think, advertisements about medications, both prescription and OTC. When it comes to medications, especially pain medication, faster definitely is better. But it’s important to avoid applying drug-type standards to supplements. Both types of products may appearsimilar, but are as different as a farmer’s pesticides are to his fertilizer.
Now onto the different supplement formats.
Tablets are the most cost-effective supplements in general because they are less-expensive to manufacture than other formats. Tablets allow the manufacturer to pack the most material into a given space. From the manufacturing standpoint, tablets are the most shelf-stable choice and retain their potency over a longer time than liquids, powders and most capsules. Tablets can be offered in the widest range of sizes and shapes. And as long as you stick with a name-brand product and take it as directed, you needn’t worry about absorption issues with tablets. Drawbacks to tablets? Large tablets can be hard for some people to swallow. Tablets don’t offer the flexibility of dosing that liquids and powders do.
Caplets are simply tablets that have a smaller size and smoother-coating, making them as easy to swallow as capsules without giving up the other advantages of tablets. There are far fewer products offered in caplet form than tablets, however. In every other respect, caplets are similar to tablets.
Capsules refer to the familiar two-piece gelatin capsules that are widely used in supplements and some medications. Their main advantages are their easy-to-swallow characteristics and their ability to break down quickly in the stomach, although, again, not to the point that there’s any nutritional advantage. Vegetarian capsules, of which VegiCaps are the best-known brand, are a gelatin-free alternative rapidly gaining popularity as customers become more hesitant to consume meat by-products like gelatin. Some people like the fact that they can open up capsules and, using all or part of its powdered contents, mix the nutrients into applesauce or a protein shake, for example. That can be a great aid to children or others who have difficulty swallowing pills. The drawbacks of capsules? They cost considerably more than tablets. They have significant space and potency limitations since their powdered contents cannot be compressed to a significant degree. Since capsules are not air-tight, their shelf-life is shorter than tablets. They are not suited to liquid or oil-based nutrients either unless special, expensive encapsulation techniques and products are used.
Pretty much.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not really worried about the 24% of DV of Magnesium cause even if your taking Animal Pak's which is 22 tablets your only getting 33% and with Orange Triad its only 25% of DV. But i like what Armor V offers with the Omega 3-6-9 complex granted i already take fish oil caps already but there's just alot of good stuff overall in it. Granted i'm gonna have to give SAN's Dr. Feel Good a shot cause it does have an interesting profile.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not really worried about the 24% of DV of Magnesium cause even if your taking Animal Pak's which is 22 tablets your only getting 33% and with Orange Triad its only 25% of DV. But i like what Armor V offers with the Omega 3-6-9 complex granted i already take fish oil caps already but there's just alot of good stuff overall in it. Granted i'm gonna have to give SAN's Dr. Feel Good a shot cause it does have an interesting profile.
Well since most people are deficient in minerals such as Magnesium and can go well over the DV%, I figured it would be a good choice to find a Vtamin that at least has 100%. I wanted to find one that had at least a hundred percent. DV % really don't mean that much.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well since most people are deficient in minerals such as Magnesium and can go well over the DV%, I figured it would be a good choice to find a Vtamin that at least has 100%. I wanted to find one that had at least a hundred percent. DV % really don't mean that much.
True enough, i guess i don't really worry to much about it cause i usually use MST's ZMK at night.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Don't think I have a favorite.
Love trying new vitamins and new sups in general.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I did a line-by-line label comparison of Walgreens and *** to Shaklee Vitalizer with iron. All comparison's were done online on 12/24/11.*
Note that ***'s multi contains no bioflavin, quercetin, nickle, tin, vanadium, or boron.*

Otherwise, to get the same amount of vitamins and minerals as Vitalizer, you would have to buy:

Walgreens- 30-day supply
Centrum Performance multivitamin/multimineral: $11.99 X 4
MegaRed omega fish oil: $29.99 X 2*
Naturemade probiotic: $11.49 X 1
Total: $119.43

***- 30 day supply
Women's Ultramega: $39.99 X 1
Triple strength fish oil: $38.99 x 1
Ultra probiotic: $39.99 X 1
Total: $118.97

Shaklee
Vitalizer w/iron 1 box/30-day supply
Total:* $85 Member price ($76.50 on AutoShip)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
delsolrob Anabolics 7
Supplements 30
Supplements 18
Supplements 44
mav6 Supplements 6