Maltodextrin

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Anybody underarms the exact science behind maltodextrin and it's absorption in terms of insulin levels?
Will taking it in a pre workout take you out of fasted state?

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Understand****

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
it is in fierce by SAN. I'm cutting right now (abs)... No good? Suggestions?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unless you're running a 10k everyday, then it won't help. However, it is in so many things that if it's a minor part of it, then don't worry. Hell, the stuff is in Splenda.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Goodbye fierce... Lol

Pre workout without maltodextrin then...shat...

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards

MPC LABS

Awards
Like Rodja says, the amount of malto in the actual prodcut most likely will not be high enough to kill your dieting process. Just for reference though, there have been some studies done comparing Maltodextrin, dextrose, and waxy maize as good sources of a pre or post workout carbohydrate and did not show much different in glycogen restoration after a workout. not statistically significant but dextrose was the best of the bunch in this study for getting glycogen levels back up after the exercise protocol.

Other studies have shown Maltodextrin to have 3 times higher glucose response compared to Waxy Maize, and a 3 times higher insulin response.

If your looking for a good carb source I would try Vitargo. Vitargo is a starch carbohydrate with some interesting properties. A study published in 2000 compared Vitargo to maltodextrin plus sugars and their respective effects on glycogen storage after an exhaustive exercise protocol and found Vitargo to be far superior (70% better) to malto/sugars for rapidly replacing muscle glycogen levels both two and four hours after the exercise sessions. Follow up studies throughout the years have shown similar effects as well.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I have vitargo. Bit heavy on the carbs?
How would I use it for interval training?

MPC LABS

Awards
Very true! It is a larger carbohydrate than other sources, so it's not a bad idea to cut down your scoop size to get the amount necessary for your size/goal (plus it'll get you more servings out of a bottle which is always a plus!).

If you’re planning on doing a cardio/interval session first thing in the morning. Doing cardio on an empty stomach in the morning will tap into more of your fat stores as energy, because you’ve been in a fasted state overnight, so I wouldn't suggest any carb source at that time....maybe take 100-250mg caffeine if you want to boost your metabolism and create an additional fat burning effect while doing cardio on an empty stomach.

If it's before your workout with weights though...You need a carb source to help replace your glycogen stores and keep your body going throughout your workout so you don't start burning into your muscles for energy.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Very true! It is a larger carbohydrate than other sources, so it's not a bad idea to cut down your scoop size to get the amount necessary for your size/goal (plus it'll get you more servings out of a bottle which is always a plus!).

If you're planning on doing a cardio/interval session first thing in the morning. Doing cardio on an empty stomach in the morning will tap into more of your fat stores as energy, because you've been in a fasted state overnight, so I wouldn't suggest any carb source at that time....maybe take 100-250mg caffeine if you want to boost your metabolism and create an additional fat burning effect while doing cardio on an empty stomach.

If it's before your workout with weights though...You need a carb source to help replace your glycogen stores and keep your body going throughout your workout so you don't start burning into your muscles for energy.
Yep. Anything else in a fasted state?

MPC LABS

Awards
I woulddn't take too much before your cardio in a fasted state. Certain other ingredients, such as raspberry ketones, coleus forskohlii, guarana, yerba mate, and many others also assist in your bodys ability to burn fat...but I would stick with caffeine myself on empty stomach and take a fat burner product throughout the day that contains these types of ingredients if you need it! At 5'11" 165lb I'm guessing you already have an ectomorphic body type!

Good luck on cutting and stick with it!!

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
I did my body the biggest favor the day I cut simple carbs completely
from my diet, even if the only ones that I was having were 15gr pwo.
In my experience, the cleanest you eat the better.

MPC LABS

Awards
Simple carbs are going to give you that quick energy boost (so taking pre-workout makes perfect sense...I always like eating an apple with my pwo!). The sugars your gonna take in with many of your simple carb sources can kill your cutting if not taken in at the proper time needed (as autokal stated above with only possibly taking pwo).

And complex carbs are gonna be your best source of energy because they are burned in a constant, timereleased manner. They provide sustained energy for activity and can help manage blood sugar irregularities.