DAA QUESTION

rodo123

Awards
Does DAA ever lose its effectiveness if you cycle it? Lets say you took it for 4 weeks and took a 4 week break and then did another 4 week run. Would it have the same effectiveness the second time around? What if you took it for 8 weeks, I've heard of people that take it for that long. Another question, does it keep on raising testosterone for as long as you are on it or is there limit. By limit I mean your bodies limit.

Does anybody have any blood work for DAA?

Thanks

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
can you take creatine while on DAA?
I'm pretty sure you can.

The preworkout drink lit-up has both in it.

Donno about bloods done on DAA from anyone on the forum but they had studies.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does DAA ever lose its effectiveness if you cycle it? Lets say you took it for 4 weeks and took a 4 week break and then did another 4 week run. Would it have the same effectiveness the second time around? What if you took it for 8 weeks, I've heard of people that take it for that long. Another question, does it keep on raising testosterone for as long as you are on it or is there limit. By limit I mean your bodies limit.

Does anybody have any blood work for DAA?

Thanks
I dont feel that it will lose effectiveness if you continually cycle it, although i'm not sure if the NMDA receptors have some sort of downregulation after continual activation. As long as you take time off things are typically fine, though. After 12-14 days of being on DAA you will reach your peak testosterone production, continuing to take DAA will only maintain this level. Eight weeks would be fine, since the company that funded all of the research recommends 90 days, i dont think any ill effect will happen in such a short time frame. Blood work can be found by googling around.

can you take creatine while on DAA?
You can take whatever you want, the only thing ive heard that has negative interactions with DAA is agmantine. Agmantine fights for the same receptors DAA activates, meaning it will potentially cancel each other out.

99hugcam

Awards
Thats odd, I wonder why SNS would have a package deal for the two right now?

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have read plenty of posts where people say that DAA and Agmatine work well together.
^ agreed. The combo works well, from my eperience....also MAN has Prometheus Rising that has the DAA/Agmatine combo in it....and here's an excerpt from one of our articles on our website...

'Agmatine is also believed to be able to prevent the highly unlikely event of D-Aspartic Acid induced neuro-toxicity. In short, Agmatine is believed to do so by preventing over-excitation of NMDA receptors and reversing the levels of activation.

The important thing to distinguish here is that exogenous application of Agmatine and D-Aspartic acid work on different mechanisms for the NMDA receptor, so regardless of one being an antagonist and the other an agonist, they do not overlap. Exogenous D-aspartic acid application utilizes the R-type VGCCs and none of the others, while exogenous Agmatine is said to use the L-type VGCCs and shows no signs of inhibition of the R-type VGCCs. Exogenous application of Agmatine will enhance its regulatory role in the body so that in higher levels of NMDA receptor activation, it will inhibit the receptor from higher glutamate release (so over-excitation leading to potential neuro-toxicity) by inhibiting the receptor.'

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^ agreed. The combo works well, from my eperience....also MAN has Prometheus Rising that has the DAA/Agmatine combo in it....and here's an excerpt from one of our articles on our website...

'Agmatine is also believed to be able to prevent the highly unlikely event of D-Aspartic Acid induced neuro-toxicity. In short, Agmatine is believed to do so by preventing over-excitation of NMDA receptors and reversing the levels of activation.

The important thing to distinguish here is that exogenous application of Agmatine and D-Aspartic acid work on different mechanisms for the NMDA receptor, so regardless of one being an antagonist and the other an agonist, they do not overlap. Exogenous D-aspartic acid application utilizes the R-type VGCCs and none of the others, while exogenous Agmatine is said to use the L-type VGCCs and shows no signs of inhibition of the R-type VGCCs. Exogenous application of Agmatine will enhance its regulatory role in the body so that in higher levels of NMDA receptor activation, it will inhibit the receptor from higher glutamate release (so over-excitation leading to potential neuro-toxicity) by inhibiting the receptor.'
Interesting.

I believe I've read the contrary in my research on the two, but I'll look into this further. Did the author of that article cite his sources?

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting.

I believe I've read the contrary in my research on the two, but I'll look into this further. Did the author of that article cite his sources?
They aren't posted, no...but let me see what I can dig up ;)

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They aren't posted, no...but let me see what I can dig up ;)
Yeah, ill see if Housser went into anything on his Prometheus Rising write up.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm pretty sure you can.

The preworkout drink lit-up has both in it.

Donno about bloods done on DAA from anyone on the forum but they had studies.
Lit Up does NOT contain creatine. It has 3.1g of DAA/2 scoops. and yes, you can take creatine while on DAA.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting.

Please post your research.

_mArs_

_mArs_

Awards
i have heard if you take the recommended dose everyday for the 1st 2 weeks you only need about half to 2/3 the dose after that... not sure if just broscience though

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been dosing my DAA with Magnesium Creatine Chelate and haven't noticed anything adverse. In fact, I'm very pleased with how well DAA is working and have to say that it has become my favorite natty test booster to date.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
no prob. i either use creapure, neovar or creatine nitrate

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
Lit Up does NOT contain creatine. It has 3.1g of DAA/2 scoops. and yes, you can take creatine while on DAA.
I think he meant that Lit Up has both DAA and Agmatine.....

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
DAA is fine with Agmatine.

I have used both many times with good results.

Scuba Steveo

Awards
I dont feel that it will lose effectiveness if you continually cycle it, although i'm not sure if the NMDA receptors have some sort of downregulation after continual activation. As long as you take time off things are typically fine, though. After 12-14 days of being on DAA you will reach your peak testosterone production, continuing to take DAA will only maintain this level. Eight weeks would be fine, since the company that funded all of the research recommends 90 days, i dont think any ill effect will happen in such a short time frame. Blood work can be found by googling around.
Unless you are aware of some papers I haven't read (which could be the case, and I would love to get the references if so), you are making a huge assumption here that D-aspartate is increasing testosterone production through interaction with NMDARs. In a high protein diet, you are going to get much more than 3 grams (the typical recommded D-Asp dose) of the "endogenous agonist" of NMDARs, L-glutamate. So, why doesn't L-glutamate stimulate testosterone synthesis, or at the very least keep production through this putative mechanism saturated in a high protein diet? The research would suggest that D-Asp interacts with NMDARs sure, but clearly there is more to the story.

And to answer the OP, a lot of the cycling recommendations you will find are basically arbitrary. For something that has been popular for a couple years now, near as I can tell it's still all pretty much guesswork. If you "feel" something from taking it and you still "feel" it after two or three months, I personally don't see any necessity to stop. If you want to be better safe than sorry, as there is the general idea that taking something for too long will throw your body out of homeostasis (which I think is often overblown for supplements), then follow the general recommendation of about eight or twelve weeks on, followed by a break of at least four weeks.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Unless you are aware of some papers I haven't read (which could be the case, and I would love to get the references if so), you are making a huge assumption here that D-aspartate is increasing testosterone production through interaction with NMDARs. In a high protein diet, you are going to get much more than 3 grams (the typical recommded D-Asp dose) of the "endogenous agonist" of NMDARs, L-glutamate. So, why doesn't L-glutamate stimulate testosterone synthesis, or at the very least keep production through this putative mechanism saturated in a high protein diet? The research would suggest that D-Asp interacts with NMDARs sure, but clearly there is more to the story.And to answer the OP, a lot of the cycling recommendations you will find are basically arbitrary. For something that has been popular for a couple years now, near as I can tell it's still all pretty much guesswork. If you "feel" something from taking it and you still "feel" it after two or three months, I personally don't see any necessity to stop. If you want to be better safe than sorry, as there is the general idea that taking something for too long will throw your body out of homeostasis (which I think is often overblown for supplements), then follow the general recommendation of about eight or twelve weeks on, followed by a break of at least four weeks.
DAA is mainly taken up by neuroendocrine tissues where it then binds to NMDAs resulting in it's hormonal effect. It was noted that an NMDA receptor antagonist inhibited this hormonal activity. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10744627