Best Post workout shaker for someone who use bcaa during exercise?

lazaross

lazaross

Awards
I use 10-20gr of bcaa (Xtend+Bcaa Primordial Perfomance) during my workouts. What the best to drink after my workout? These days i drink waxy with micro whey (Reflex). I have also dextrose and maltodextrin, but now i'm on cutting phase. Should i drink frist the waxy and later the whey? What do you think?

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If your using bcaa during then none of the above are needed, no need for a post workout shake.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
First, use 1 serving of XTend Max. 2nd, no postworkout necessary.

lazaross

lazaross

Awards
Ok, so why there are carbs and whey supplements?

And i can't afford spending all my money to food. I can't eat 6 times a day whole food.

Last, i asked for supplements and not for food. I know very well what food does. That's how i lost 5 kilos in 3 months.

Is waxy+isolate a good option? and 45-60 minutes later whole food. What do you think?

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First, use 1 serving of XTend Max. 2nd, no postworkout necessary.
Why only 1 serving Max? Dont the scivation guys recommend 2 servings? Curious here.

And food is cheaper then some special whey and carb drink. Try to buy in bulk. And there are carb and protein drinks bc there is still a market for them, duh.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

And i can't afford spending all my money to food. I can't eat 6 times a day whole food.

Last, i asked for supplements and not for food. I know very well what food does. That's how i lost 5 kilos in 3 months.

Is waxy+isolate a good option? and 45-60 minutes later whole food. What do you think?
No it is not. You claim you don't want to waste money, and yet here you are TRYING to waste it. No means no.

Why only 1 serving Max? Dont the scivation guys recommend 2 servings? Curious here.

And food is cheaper then some special whey and carb drink. Try to buy in bulk. And there are carb and protein drinks bc there is still a market for them, duh.
You only need 0.045g Leu/kg BW. Anything more is wasted, as max MPS has already been elicited. Well, more may prolong MPS, but it is a waste comparatively.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok so for me that comes to 4g leucine. So is this serving taken in one sitting such as pre, then another post? Or is that for over like a 1.5-2hr session?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The reason there are those supplements is because people will buy them.
If you can't afford 6 times a day of whole food then try 3 times a day of whole food to get your calories in. 3 meals or 6 meals makes no difference. Peanut butter and milk is cheaper than most meal replacement mixes.
You didn't ask for supplements, you asked what was best to drink postworkout, you just don't like the answer.
Sure the waxy and isolate is a good option if you have no other choices.

Ok so for me that comes to 4g leucine. So is this serving taken in one sitting such as pre, then another post? Or is that for over like a 1.5-2hr session?
its best as a bolus single dose, all at once according to lyle mcdonald's latest research. so popping 5g leucine along once an hour all at once keeps maximal protein synthesis.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So is there any research on "intra" wo? Or is this just good marketing? Is anything good besides water at this time?
But i like to use bcaa over leucine alone, but if what your saying stands true, recoverpro would be perfect or bulk leucine. Changing the way i view aminos lol

lazaross

lazaross

Awards
So you mean that oats/chicken with rice is better than waxy+isolate and 30 minutes later rice+chicken?

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well your having aminos intra-wo, so mps will be elevated and aminos will already be in the blood postwo. So no reason to have a whey/carb shake then eat. That just complicated and overkill. Based on what is said in your thread. Id do 5-10g bcaa pre-wo, then another 5-10g post-wo with a meal anywhere from 30min to 60min later, maybe more if your not hungry.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
So you mean that oats/chicken with rice is better than waxy+isolate and 30 minutes later rice+chicken?
Post workout shakes are good and convenient but if you have time to eat 10oz Talapia and 2 cups of white rice post workout you will actually have a much harder/muscular physique.

lazaross

lazaross

Awards
Post workout shakes are good and convenient but if you have time to eat 10oz Talapia and 2 cups of white rice post workout you will actually have a much harder/muscular physique.
I understand that whole food is better cause it's has better quality. But whey+waxy are absorbed faster from the body.

For example is better to eat 100gr of rice + 200gr of chicken post workout or to drink waxy+whey and 30 minutes later eat 80gr rice + 150gr chicken?

What do you think?

Also bcaa how much time do they need to be fully absorbed from the body? Less than isolate protein?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is faster any better though? A Corvette is faster than an F150, but if you've got half a ton of gravel to move I'd take the truck.

The amount of net protein synthesis difference you get with that faster absorption is less than a gram of muscle tissue, if any

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
I understand that whole food is better cause it's has better quality. But whey+waxy are absorbed faster from the body.

For example is better to eat 100gr of rice + 200gr of chicken post workout or to drink waxy+whey and 30 minutes later eat 80gr rice + 150gr chicken?

What do you think?

Also bcaa how much time do they need to be fully absorbed from the body? Less than isolate protein?
Well 200g of protein from chicken is very high for a post workout meal lol. You could have your whey shake if you want and eat an actual meal 30mins to an hour later because the whey protein absorbs very quick. I used to take my BCAA after my workout on my way home from the gym and once I got home I would have my post workout meal. I never timed my BCAA post workout but I would guess they absorb very fast I would not worry much about that stuff

lazaross

lazaross

Awards
So, EasyEJL, you don't use any carbs or protein supplements through the day??

VS91588, I don't mean 200gr of protein to take with chicken, but to eat 200gr of chicken.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
So, you don't use any carbs or protein supplements through the day??
If you trying to gain size eat 6 meals a day. 1 out of the 6 meals have a post workout shake... What I do is eat 3 meals w/ cRbs and 3 meals w/ green veggies like broccoli. You need carbs to keep your glycogen balanced throughout the day.

If you are dieting clean and strict have 1-2 cheat meals a week

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
So, EasyEJL, you don't use any carbs or protein supplements through the day??

VS91588, I don't mean 200gr of protein to take with chicken, but to eat 200gr of chicken.
I'm sorry I am a lil confused by 200gr of chicken lol

lazaross

lazaross

Awards
If you trying to gain size eat 6 meals a day. 1 out of the 6 meals have a post workout shake... What I do is eat 3 meals w/ cRbs and 3 meals w/ green veggies like broccoli. You need carbs to keep your glycogen balanced throughout the day.

If you are dieting clean and strict have 1-2 cheat meals a week
So 5 meals and 1 post workout shake?

And from 5 meals, 1 is the breakfast and the 2nd is the dinner ( yogurt, cottage, casein, + omega3, almonds etc.. )

So the "normal" meals are 3 through the day. Right?

Why are you confused? Maybe my english aren't very good! I mean that i eat 200 grams chicken breast. Where the strange?

VS91588

VS91588

Awards

And from 5 meals, 1 is the breakfast and the 2nd is the dinner ( yogurt, cottage, casein, + omega3, almonds etc.. )

Why are you confused? Maybe my english aren't very good! I mean that i eat 200 grams chicken breast. Where the strange?
It's ok. Don't think of breakfast, lunch and dinner.. It's Meal 1,2,3,4,5,6 you understand? And I think I understand what you mean by 200g of chicken. You eat 200g of chicken throughout the day?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I havent used a Carb supplement ever, and probably have one or two shakes a month. And 2-3 meals a day, no snacks generally. The 6 meals a day thing is ok if you have a hard time eating a 1000-1500 calorie meal, but has no other benefit. Any nonsense about raising your metabolism is just that, nonsense.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
I havent used a Carb supplement ever, and probably have one or two shakes a month. And 2-3 meals a day, no snacks generally. The 6 meals a day thing is ok if you have a hard time eating a 1000-1500 calorie meal, but has no other benefit. Any nonsense about raising your metabolism is just that, nonsense.
Whatever works. I personally like having smaller portioned meals throughout the day. I like to eat lol

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
So is there any research on "intra" wo? Or is this just good marketing? Is anything good besides water at this time?
But i like to use bcaa over leucine alone, but if what your saying stands true, recoverpro would be perfect or bulk leucine. Changing the way i view aminos lol
Look into VPX Powershock. That's an intraworkout with real intraworkout benefits.

Dude, no offense, but this is getting ridiculous.

500 calorie surplus
1g protein/lb BW in protein
0.45g lb/BW in fat
Fill the rest in with carbs

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What mr.cooper said. Btw where did you get the leucine info and the fat info?
And is the nitrates in powershock where the intrawo benifits come from?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
What mr.cooper said. Btw where did you get the leucine info and the fat info?
And is the nitrates in powershock where the intrawo benifits come from?
Yes to nitrates.

Fat info is general minimum to maintain hormone production (there are studies, and doctor recommendations. Believe it or not, doctors DO know what they are talking about). You can get away with less fats for sure, but the key is to have it around that level longterm. I.e. precontest almost all fats are dropped. And of course, T levels in many suffer accordingly.

Leucine info is from the scivation stopanni study that was never published. The literature is biased, but if you're going to use leucine, you may as well use it the right way.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is that the study they did on xtend they are trying to publish? Or no?
Thanks man

biggy57

biggy57

Awards
Vpx power shock is the truth! I love that stuff. Sip on it while doing am cardio, and during weights.

And I think 200g of chicken is measured in grams, like weight. Not 200g of protein from chicken.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Vpx power shock is the truth! I love that stuff. Sip on it while doing am cardio, and during weights.

And I think 200g of chicken is measured in grams, like weight. Not 200g of protein from chicken.
Yeah he was really confusing me lol. Towards the end I thought he meant that he eats 200g of protein a day consisting of just chicken

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah he was really confusing me lol. Towards the end I thought he meant that he eats 200g of protein a day consisting of just chicken
I think I had that much for dinner last night. around a pound and 1/2 of chicken breast.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Easy, you tried powershock too didnt you? What did you think compared to recoverpro?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Easy, you tried powershock too didnt you? What did you think compared to recoverpro?
I like it for pre or intraworkout, the nitrates are nice for pump and overall feel. Its just pretty expensive vs recoverpro. I've bought 3 tubs of it so far, and only use it around workout. Which is nice, I don't usually feel like i need much more than a straight stim preworkout if I use the powershock, and sometimes don't even need the stim. recoverpro I use the rest of the time.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So other then pump, do you notice any better recovery/endurance?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I prescribe to the "funnel" and "water bottle" school of thought :D

dodgesruck

Awards
Don't over think it. Working out should be the hard part not trying to decide what supplements you need. A bottle of BCAA (400 tabs) is cheap. Pop about 4 caps before workout and for post get some fast acting carb from one those places with TP in the initials to restore glyc levels with a little protein then 1 hour later eat your meal. That leaves 2 shakes some where in the day and 3 whole meals or 4 meals if you don't like 3 shakes. Like I said make the workout the hardest part of the day.