iodine deficiency

Imeniaan

Awards
  • Established
so i took my first iodoral pill this morning. after a little nap, in which i have had the most vivid dreams since a very, very long time, i woke up with the most intense, the biggest erection ever. ( i was lacking in this department for the last couple of years, my testosterone levels were always sky high and my E2 levels were in the normal range)

i did not know that my body needed iodine and iodide this much. and this is just one pill, i am totally flabbergasted, really. i also feel very sharp mentally. my focus is there. can't wait for this stuff to really start kicking in.

guys, check your iodine levels, i once have read that at least 90 % of the population (of planet earth, minus japan) is deficient in iodine.

the only negative aspect so far, is that my stomach is bloated, it has the size of a small balloon now. but my first guess would be that the friendly bacteria deep inside my stomach need to get used to the iodine and iodide.

check your levels, this might be a breakthrough supplement for many of you, i feel awesome and energetic!

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
due to flouride consumption (another halogen). It can replace the iodine in your thyroid causing levels of thyroid hormones to drop

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
hm, interesting, I would have guessed without knowing much on the topic, that the high-sodium diet that is the norm in the US would lead to fewer iodine deficiencies.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
hm, interesting, I would have guessed without knowing much on the topic, that the high-sodium diet that is the norm in the US would lead to fewer iodine deficiencies.
You would think so. But most all salt that is used today is sodium CHLORIDE, which of course, kills the iodine in your system, thus perpetuating the iodine deficiency.

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
You would think so. But most all salt that is used today is sodium CHLORIDE, which of course, kills the iodine in your system, thus perpetuating the iodine deficiency.
never knew this man. Although I have no idea of my levels, I pop some kelp supplement a few times a week, but never worried too much. this seems worthy of more research on my end. thanks for the input.

Imeniaan

Awards
  • Established
correct! also, in the 80's they, US bread makersm, started using bromide in bread in stead of iodine, then there is the fluoride in the water etc etc.

people, check your iodine levels, it may be crucial for you. iodine also regulates estrogen in men and women, they flush the bad estrogen out of the body. so many positive functions in the human body. amazing stuff, truly amazing.

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
It is usually never needed plus you run the risk of suppressing thyroid function perm.

I can't tell you how many people came to me after The japan disaster asking about iodide.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
It is usually never needed plus you run the risk of suppressing thyroid function perm.

I can't tell you how many people came to me after The japan disaster asking about iodide.
show me where you read that iodine will supress tsh. It will make your body produce more t4, now whether your body can successfully convert that into t3 is another matter, and relies heavily on many many other factors.

Flabby

Awards
show me where you read that iodine will supress tsh. It will make your body produce more t4, now whether your body can successfully convert that into t3 is another matter, and relies heavily on many many other factors.
Did you read the article I posted? According to the article, iodine can aggravate auto-immune disorders, which in our current society account for 9 of 10 cases of hypothyroidism.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Did you read the article I posted? According to the article, iodine can aggravate auto-immune disorders, which in our current society account for 9 of 10 cases of hypothyroidism.
I did, I'm not arguing that it can aggravate auto immune disorders. I was asking where he read that it SUPPRESSES TSH.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Any articles on this by somebody that doesn't have a degree in acupuncture and actually cites journal articles? Hippie science makes me giggle.

Flabby

Awards
Any articles on this by somebody that doesn't have a degree in acupuncture and actually cites journal articles? Hippie science makes me giggle.
I honestly can't tell if you are being sarcastic.

But assuming that you aren't, you're entirely free to choose between the guy who got a boner from iodine and an article that suggests a cautious approach to those with hypothyroidism. Or feel free to share some info.

@Makaveli: Did he say it suppresses TSH? I'm not seeing that...

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I honestly can't tell if you are being sarcastic.

But assuming that you aren't, you're entirely free to choose between the guy who got a boner from iodine and an article that suggests a cautious approach to those with hypothyroidism. Or feel free to share some info.

@Makaveli: Did he say it suppresses TSH? I'm not seeing that...
I was being completely sarcastic. This entire thread is just throwing out random "facts" about iodine with zero data or articles backing up any of the statements. And the article you linked to also is full of so called "facts" without a single reference. I don't mean to be a jerk. I'm just saying that your argument will go farther if you back it up with data, but I can't have a constructive debate in a thread if I don't know where anybody is getting these random tidbits from.

spimp187

Awards
I was being completely sarcastic. This entire thread is just throwing out random "facts" about iodine with zero data or articles backing up any of the statements. And the article you linked to also is full of so called "facts" without a single reference. I don't mean to be a jerk. I'm just saying that your argument will go farther if you back it up with data, but I can't have a constructive debate in a thread if I don't know where anybody is getting these random tidbits from.
Dude - he got a boner and all... Just saying (not srs)

Flabby

Awards
This entire thread is just throwing out random "facts" about iodine with zero data or articles backing up any of the statements. And the article you linked to also is full of so called "facts" without a single reference.
Well sir, you've done a stellar job of incriminating your reading skills.

The following studies were referenced in the article I posted:

http://www.eje.org/content/149/2/103.abstract
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17199437
http://www.eje.org/cgi/content/abstract/159/3/293
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15387978
http://www.liebertonline.com/doi/abs/10.1089/105072503322021151
http://www.sakellaropoulos.gr/Publications/J14_J Endocrinol Invest.pdf
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7477223
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16620592
http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/extract/343/17/1236
http://www.eymj.org/Synapse/Data/PDFData/0069YMJ/ymj-44-227.pdf

I only skimmed them. I don't have hypothyroidism.

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
I work with some of the top doctors in nyc and in the country and pre med myself. It does not 100% suppress it,however you greatly run the risk of doing so esp with prolonged use.we are all free to make our own choices in life.was just giving my two cents,if I have time later I will infact post some intersting literature.

Imeniaan

Awards
  • Established
lol, people have no trouble taking some ****ed up supplement like tt-33 for example, but when it comes to some iodine and iodide, which, in Lugol's form, has a proven positive track record for well over 150 years all hell breaks loose. read the papers written by dr guy abraham and dr brownstein regarding this subject, obviously you all have not done this. but anyways, i am on day three, morning erections are there, feeling energetic, my brain fog is lifting, i slowly can feel being me again like i was when i hit puberty, you know, all horny and ambitious.

Flabby

Awards
iodine/iodide is amazing.
If it works for you that's great, and I'm considering taking some iodine myself. I'll check out the papers you recommend - would be helpful if you could link them.

That said, it sounds like your definition of "all hell breaks loose" is "someone presented a viewpoint that didn't 100% align with your own", haha. The difference between TT-33 and iodine is that people know to exercise caution (I hope) with TT-33 but generally think there is little to no potential for complications when taking "vitamins" like iodine. In my opinion, the more knowledge the better when making decisions about what supplements to put into your body, especially if you have existing pathologies such as hypothyroidism. Just trying to help, my man :)

Imeniaan

Awards
  • Established
i have asthma and use seretide twice a day and salbutamol once a day, i have not used them since yesterday morning. wow.

but it is not all paradise, HUGE acne like lesions have appeared on my shoulders, my upper back and a few behind my neck. it might be the bromide that is coming out of my body. i fell less bloated, so that is a good sign, adjustment.

wsaucer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Funny you guys mentioned this because my trainer gave me a couple of articles about iodine supplementation. I am deff looking into it.

Imeniaan

Awards
  • Established
quick update, fat around my waist is melting away quickly. I already have a good waistline, but i do have quite a bit of fat on the lowest part of my stomach. by the love of God, it did not want to go away, i tried everything, but now that part is flattening and flattening.

amazing stuff, this iodine, i wished i started 6 years ago with this amazing mineral.