LCLT and androgen receptor sensitivity

  1. LCLT and androgen receptor sensitivity


    LCLT has been touted as being able to increase androgen receptor sensitivity. Now this is a great thing in muscle cells, but not so hot in cells of other organs such as the prostate. I guess my question is, is the whole androgen receptor thing and LCLT specific to the muscle cell or is it a body wide thing? The last thing a guy needs is am increase in androgen sensitivity in the prostate...i don't plan on possible castration being part of my future. The only intranet access I have at the moment is on my phone so researching myself is a real pain. Any insight?


  2. A bigger question is AR sensitivity even beneficial?

    When there are more androgens in the body, it products more ARs. Not sure the sensitivity increase would really do anything. It could though
    HIGH VOLUME - Supreme Stim-Free Nitric Oxide Matrix
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined

  3. Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    A bigger question is AR sensitivity even beneficial?

    When there are more androgens in the body, it products more ARs. Not sure the sensitivity increase would really do anything. It could though
    would love hear other thoughts and/or studies on this as well....esp if it's 'possible' that by using LCLT to increase AR sensitivity that using say DAA at the same time would make it 'hit' the AR site 'harder' and cause a greater effect...probably reaching for straws on that, but meh!
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
    •   
       


  4. Androgenic responses to resistance exercise: effects of feeding and L-carnitine.

    Kraemer WJ, Spiering BA, Volek JS, Ratamess NA, Sharman MJ, Rubin MR, French DN, Silvestre R, Hatfield DL, Van Heest JL, Vingren JL, Judelson DA, Deschenes MR, Maresh CM.
    Human Performance Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269-1110, USA. William.Kraemer@uconn.edu
    Erratum in:

    * Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2006 Oct;38(10):1861.

    Abstract

    PURPOSE: The purpose of this investigation was to determine the effects of 3 wk of L-carnitine L-tartrate (LCLT) supplementation and post-resistance-exercise (RE) feeding on hormonal and androgen receptor (AR) responses.
    METHODS: Ten resistance-trained men (mean+/-SD: age, 22+/-1 yr; mass, 86.3+/-15.3 kg; height, 181+/-11 cm) supplemented with LCLT (equivalent to 2 g of L-carnitine per day) or placebo (PL) for 21 d, provided muscle biopsies for AR determinations, then performed two RE protocols: one followed by water intake, and one followed by feeding (8 kcal.kg body mass, consisting of 56% carbohydrate, 16% protein, and 28% fat). RE protocols were randomized and included serial blood draws and a 1-h post-RE biopsy. After a 7-d washout period, subjects crossed over, and all experimental procedures were repeated.
    RESULTS: LCLT supplementation upregulated (P<0.05) preexercise AR content compared with PL (12.9+/-5.9 vs 11.2+/-4.0 au, respectively). RE increased (P<0.05) AR content compared with pre-RE values in the PL trial only. Post-RE feeding significantly increased AR content compared with baseline and water trials for both LCLT and PL. Serum total testosterone concentrations were suppressed (P<0.05) during feeding trials with respect to corresponding water and pre-RE values. Luteinizing hormone demonstrated subtle, yet significant changes in response to feeding and LCLT.
    CONCLUSION: In summary, these data demonstrated that: 1) feeding after RE increased AR content, which may result in increased testosterone uptake, and thus enhanced luteinizing hormone secretion via feedback mechanisms; and 2) LCLT supplementation upregulated AR content, which may promote recovery from RE.

    http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/3...itine-tartrate
    :blindfold:

  5. l carnitine tartrate

    bumped thread since Andrew732 said "The good thing about it, is it does NOT aggrevate the AR receptors within the prostate which makes it quite the catch."

    Might want to send him a PM and ask if he knows the study that documented this.
    :blindfold:

  6. He already sent me one, thanks for the info!

  7. Quote Originally Posted by BurghHardcore View Post
    He already sent me one, thanks for the info!
    Cool, no problem.
    :blindfold:

  8. Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    would love hear other thoughts and/or studies on this as well....esp if it's 'possible' that by using LCLT to increase AR sensitivity that using say DAA at the same time would make it 'hit' the AR site 'harder' and cause a greater effect...probably reaching for straws on that, but meh!
    I take them together also.

  9. Would LCLT be cycled or can it be taken continuously since it is an amino acid?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    Androgenic responses to resistance exercise: effects of feeding and L-carnitine.

    Kraemer WJ, Spiering BA, Volek JS, Ratamess NA, Sharman MJ, Rubin MR, French DN, Silvestre R, Hatfield DL, Van Heest JL, Vingren JL, Judelson DA, Deschenes MR, Maresh CM.
    Human Performance Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269-1110, USA. William.Kraemer@uconn.edu
    Erratum in:

    * Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2006 Oct;38(10):1861.

    Abstract

    PURPOSE: The purpose of this investigation was to determine the effects of 3 wk of L-carnitine L-tartrate (LCLT) supplementation and post-resistance-exercise (RE) feeding on hormonal and androgen receptor (AR) responses.
    METHODS: Ten resistance-trained men (mean+/-SD: age, 22+/-1 yr; mass, 86.3+/-15.3 kg; height, 181+/-11 cm) supplemented with LCLT (equivalent to 2 g of L-carnitine per day) or placebo (PL) for 21 d, provided muscle biopsies for AR determinations, then performed two RE protocols: one followed by water intake, and one followed by feeding (8 kcal.kg body mass, consisting of 56% carbohydrate, 16% protein, and 28% fat). RE protocols were randomized and included serial blood draws and a 1-h post-RE biopsy. After a 7-d washout period, subjects crossed over, and all experimental procedures were repeated.
    RESULTS: LCLT supplementation upregulated (P<0.05) preexercise AR content compared with PL (12.9+/-5.9 vs 11.2+/-4.0 au, respectively). RE increased (P<0.05) AR content compared with pre-RE values in the PL trial only. Post-RE feeding significantly increased AR content compared with baseline and water trials for both LCLT and PL. Serum total testosterone concentrations were suppressed (P<0.05) during feeding trials with respect to corresponding water and pre-RE values. Luteinizing hormone demonstrated subtle, yet significant changes in response to feeding and LCLT.
    CONCLUSION: In summary, these data demonstrated that: 1) feeding after RE increased AR content, which may result in increased testosterone uptake, and thus enhanced luteinizing hormone secretion via feedback mechanisms; and 2) LCLT supplementation upregulated AR content, which may promote recovery from RE.

    http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/3...itine-tartrate
    Awesome info -- reps!
    HIGH VOLUME - Supreme Stim-Free Nitric Oxide Matrix
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined

  11. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    I take them together also.
    any noticable results/effects of using DAA w/o LCLT...then with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    Androgenic responses to resistance exercise: effects of feeding and L-carnitine.
    Great find mm! thanks!
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22

  12. Study is old news. But they were measuring skeletal muscle AR content. Not prostate. So OP's question is still unknown. I know there is nothing on humans and LCLT/Prostate interactions but I believe there is some more rat research out there, but I cannot recall if it was relevant. University of Stirling in Scotland has one I think.

    Btw in that study they made them skwat A LOT!!!
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook


  13. Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Study is old news. But they were measuring skeletal muscle AR content. Not prostate. So OP's question is still unknown. I know there is nothing on humans and LCLT/Prostate interactions but I believe there is some more rat research out there, but I cannot recall if it was relevant. University of Stirling in Scotland has one I think.

    Btw in that study they made them skwat A LOT!!!
    We found a study that included the effect on the prostate- PM russianstar for it.
    :blindfold:

  14. Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    We found a study that included the effect on the prostate- PM russianstar for it.
    Just post it wtf
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook


  15. Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    We found a study that included the effect on the prostate- PM russianstar for it.
    Who is we?

    He hasnt been on the board in months
    HIGH VOLUME - Supreme Stim-Free Nitric Oxide Matrix
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined

  16. Cant find anything on LCLT and the prostate. The closes thing is this, which is a stretch:

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17927577
    HIGH VOLUME - Supreme Stim-Free Nitric Oxide Matrix
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined

  17. Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Who is we?
    **** I imagine since they use it in their SD product


    I'm willing to try it with DAA or something, it shouldn't be hard to discern any benefits. I would like to see more on the prostate issue though.


  18. Geeze so many **** reps who dont have it in their sig. Confusing
    HIGH VOLUME - Supreme Stim-Free Nitric Oxide Matrix
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined

  19. Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Geeze so many **** reps who dont have it in their sig. Confusing
    I think the little blindfold smiley in his sig means it's there...we just cant see it.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook


  20. lol
    HIGH VOLUME - Supreme Stim-Free Nitric Oxide Matrix
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined

  21. Not sure what all this secrecy is about a relevant study. Why doesn't somebody who has it jist post it up or link it? I think it would be intersting and pertinent to the op's question if it is as it is claimed.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

  22. Not a rep... waiting for a response from RS.
    :blindfold:
  23. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Geeze so many **** reps who dont have it in their sig. Confusing
    Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    Not a rep... waiting for a response from RS.
    Haha, I was about to say - this is something I don't know about

    I just started taking 3g LCLT/day on Monday. Looking forward to seeing the study!
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Androgen Receptor
    By bigironkiller in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-12-2008, 12:44 PM
  2. Androgen Receptor
    By bigironkiller in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 06:03 PM
  3. Androgen Action and the Androgen Receptor
    By poopypants in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-09-2008, 01:38 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-11-2007, 02:27 AM
Log in
Log in