LCLT and androgen receptor sensitivity

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Answers

LCLT and androgen receptor sensitivity

LCLT has been touted as being able to increase androgen receptor sensitivity. Now this is a great thing in muscle cells, but not so hot in cells of other organs such as the prostate. I guess my question is, is the whole androgen receptor thing and LCLT specific to the muscle cell or is it a body wide thing? The last thing a guy needs is am increase in androgen sensitivity in the prostate...i don't plan on possible castration being part of my future. The only intranet access I have at the moment is on my phone so researching myself is a real pain. Any insight?

2. PESCIENCE.com
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Answers

A bigger question is AR sensitivity even beneficial?

When there are more androgens in the body, it products more ARs. Not sure the sensitivity increase would really do anything. It could though
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    A bigger question is AR sensitivity even beneficial?

When there are more androgens in the body, it products more ARs. Not sure the sensitivity increase would really do anything. It could though
    would love hear other thoughts and/or studies on this as well....esp if it's 'possible' that by using LCLT to increase AR sensitivity that using say DAA at the same time would make it 'hit' the AR site 'harder' and cause a greater effect...probably reaching for straws on that, but meh!
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Answers

Androgenic responses to resistance exercise: effects of feeding and L-carnitine.

Kraemer WJ, Spiering BA, Volek JS, Ratamess NA, Sharman MJ, Rubin MR, French DN, Silvestre R, Hatfield DL, Van Heest JL, Vingren JL, Judelson DA, Deschenes MR, Maresh CM.
    Human Performance Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269-1110, USA. William.Kraemer@uconn.edu
    Erratum in:

* Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2006 Oct;38(10):1861.

Abstract

PURPOSE: The purpose of this investigation was to determine the effects of 3 wk of L-carnitine L-tartrate (LCLT) supplementation and post-resistance-exercise (RE) feeding on hormonal and androgen receptor (AR) responses.
    METHODS: Ten resistance-trained men (mean+/-SD: age, 22+/-1 yr; mass, 86.3+/-15.3 kg; height, 181+/-11 cm) supplemented with LCLT (equivalent to 2 g of L-carnitine per day) or placebo (PL) for 21 d, provided muscle biopsies for AR determinations, then performed two RE protocols: one followed by water intake, and one followed by feeding (8 kcal.kg body mass, consisting of 56% carbohydrate, 16% protein, and 28% fat). RE protocols were randomized and included serial blood draws and a 1-h post-RE biopsy. After a 7-d washout period, subjects crossed over, and all experimental procedures were repeated.
    RESULTS: LCLT supplementation upregulated (P<0.05) preexercise AR content compared with PL (12.9+/-5.9 vs 11.2+/-4.0 au, respectively). RE increased (P<0.05) AR content compared with pre-RE values in the PL trial only. Post-RE feeding significantly increased AR content compared with baseline and water trials for both LCLT and PL. Serum total testosterone concentrations were suppressed (P<0.05) during feeding trials with respect to corresponding water and pre-RE values. Luteinizing hormone demonstrated subtle, yet significant changes in response to feeding and LCLT.
    CONCLUSION: In summary, these data demonstrated that: 1) feeding after RE increased AR content, which may result in increased testosterone uptake, and thus enhanced luteinizing hormone secretion via feedback mechanisms; and 2) LCLT supplementation upregulated AR content, which may promote recovery from RE.

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/3...itine-tartrate
    :blindfold:
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Answers

l carnitine tartrate

bumped thread since Andrew732 said "The good thing about it, is it does NOT aggrevate the AR receptors within the prostate which makes it quite the catch."

Might want to send him a PM and ask if he knows the study that documented this.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Answers

He already sent me one, thanks for the info!
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BurghHardcore View Post
    He already sent me one, thanks for the info!
    Cool, no problem.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    would love hear other thoughts and/or studies on this as well....esp if it's 'possible' that by using LCLT to increase AR sensitivity that using say DAA at the same time would make it 'hit' the AR site 'harder' and cause a greater effect...probably reaching for straws on that, but meh!
    I take them together also.
  9. hsk
    Answers

Would LCLT be cycled or can it be taken continuously since it is an amino acid?
  10. PESCIENCE.com
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    Androgenic responses to resistance exercise: effects of feeding and L-carnitine.

Kraemer WJ, Spiering BA, Volek JS, Ratamess NA, Sharman MJ, Rubin MR, French DN, Silvestre R, Hatfield DL, Van Heest JL, Vingren JL, Judelson DA, Deschenes MR, Maresh CM.
    Human Performance Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269-1110, USA. William.Kraemer@uconn.edu
    Erratum in:

* Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2006 Oct;38(10):1861.

Abstract

PURPOSE: The purpose of this investigation was to determine the effects of 3 wk of L-carnitine L-tartrate (LCLT) supplementation and post-resistance-exercise (RE) feeding on hormonal and androgen receptor (AR) responses.
    METHODS: Ten resistance-trained men (mean+/-SD: age, 22+/-1 yr; mass, 86.3+/-15.3 kg; height, 181+/-11 cm) supplemented with LCLT (equivalent to 2 g of L-carnitine per day) or placebo (PL) for 21 d, provided muscle biopsies for AR determinations, then performed two RE protocols: one followed by water intake, and one followed by feeding (8 kcal.kg body mass, consisting of 56% carbohydrate, 16% protein, and 28% fat). RE protocols were randomized and included serial blood draws and a 1-h post-RE biopsy. After a 7-d washout period, subjects crossed over, and all experimental procedures were repeated.
    RESULTS: LCLT supplementation upregulated (P<0.05) preexercise AR content compared with PL (12.9+/-5.9 vs 11.2+/-4.0 au, respectively). RE increased (P<0.05) AR content compared with pre-RE values in the PL trial only. Post-RE feeding significantly increased AR content compared with baseline and water trials for both LCLT and PL. Serum total testosterone concentrations were suppressed (P<0.05) during feeding trials with respect to corresponding water and pre-RE values. Luteinizing hormone demonstrated subtle, yet significant changes in response to feeding and LCLT.
    CONCLUSION: In summary, these data demonstrated that: 1) feeding after RE increased AR content, which may result in increased testosterone uptake, and thus enhanced luteinizing hormone secretion via feedback mechanisms; and 2) LCLT supplementation upregulated AR content, which may promote recovery from RE.

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/3...itine-tartrate
    Awesome info -- reps!
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    I take them together also.
    any noticable results/effects of using DAA w/o LCLT...then with it?

Great find mm! thanks!
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Study is old news. But they were measuring skeletal muscle AR content. Not prostate. So OP's question is still unknown. I know there is nothing on humans and LCLT/Prostate interactions but I believe there is some more rat research out there, but I cannot recall if it was relevant. University of Stirling in Scotland has one I think.

Btw in that study they made them skwat A LOT!!!
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Study is old news. But they were measuring skeletal muscle AR content. Not prostate. So OP's question is still unknown. I know there is nothing on humans and LCLT/Prostate interactions but I believe there is some more rat research out there, but I cannot recall if it was relevant. University of Stirling in Scotland has one I think.

Btw in that study they made them skwat A LOT!!!
    We found a study that included the effect on the prostate- PM russianstar for it.
  14. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

We found a study that included the effect on the prostate- PM russianstar for it.
    Just post it wtf
    ForeRunner Labs

15. PESCIENCE.com
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Who is we?

He hasnt been on the board in months
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
  16. PESCIENCE.com
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Cant find anything on LCLT and the prostate. The closes thing is this, which is a stretch:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17927577
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Answers

Who is we?
    **** I imagine since they use it in their SD product

I'm willing to try it with DAA or something, it shouldn't be hard to discern any benefits. I would like to see more on the prostate issue though.

18. PESCIENCE.com
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Geeze so many **** reps who dont have it in their sig. Confusing
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
  19. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

I think the little blindfold smiley in his sig means it's there...we just cant see it.
    ForeRunner Labs

20. PESCIENCE.com
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Answers

lol
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Not sure what all this secrecy is about a relevant study. Why doesn't somebody who has it jist post it up or link it? I think it would be intersting and pertinent to the op's question if it is as it is claimed.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Answers

Not a rep... waiting for a response from RS.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Not a rep... waiting for a response from RS.
    Haha, I was about to say - this is something I don't know about

I just started taking 3g LCLT/day on Monday. Looking forward to seeing the study!
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Androgen Receptor
    By bigironkiller in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-12-2008, 11:44 AM
  2. Androgen Receptor
    By bigironkiller in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 05:03 PM
  3. Androgen Action and the Androgen Receptor