LCLT and androgen receptor sensitivity

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
LCLT has been touted as being able to increase androgen receptor sensitivity. Now this is a great thing in muscle cells, but not so hot in cells of other organs such as the prostate. I guess my question is, is the whole androgen receptor thing and LCLT specific to the muscle cell or is it a body wide thing? The last thing a guy needs is am increase in androgen sensitivity in the prostate...i don't plan on possible castration being part of my future. The only intranet access I have at the moment is on my phone so researching myself is a real pain. Any insight?

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A bigger question is AR sensitivity even beneficial?

When there are more androgens in the body, it products more ARs. Not sure the sensitivity increase would really do anything. It could though

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A bigger question is AR sensitivity even beneficial?

When there are more androgens in the body, it products more ARs. Not sure the sensitivity increase would really do anything. It could though
would love hear other thoughts and/or studies on this as well....esp if it's 'possible' that by using LCLT to increase AR sensitivity that using say DAA at the same time would make it 'hit' the AR site 'harder' and cause a greater effect...probably reaching for straws on that, but meh!

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Androgenic responses to resistance exercise: effects of feeding and L-carnitine.

Kraemer WJ, Spiering BA, Volek JS, Ratamess NA, Sharman MJ, Rubin MR, French DN, Silvestre R, Hatfield DL, Van Heest JL, Vingren JL, Judelson DA, Deschenes MR, Maresh CM.
Human Performance Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269-1110, USA. [email protected]
Erratum in:

* Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2006 Oct;38(10):1861.

Abstract

PURPOSE: The purpose of this investigation was to determine the effects of 3 wk of L-carnitine L-tartrate (LCLT) supplementation and post-resistance-exercise (RE) feeding on hormonal and androgen receptor (AR) responses.
METHODS: Ten resistance-trained men (mean+/-SD: age, 22+/-1 yr; mass, 86.3+/-15.3 kg; height, 181+/-11 cm) supplemented with LCLT (equivalent to 2 g of L-carnitine per day) or placebo (PL) for 21 d, provided muscle biopsies for AR determinations, then performed two RE protocols: one followed by water intake, and one followed by feeding (8 kcal.kg body mass, consisting of 56% carbohydrate, 16% protein, and 28% fat). RE protocols were randomized and included serial blood draws and a 1-h post-RE biopsy. After a 7-d washout period, subjects crossed over, and all experimental procedures were repeated.
RESULTS: LCLT supplementation upregulated (P<0.05) preexercise AR content compared with PL (12.9+/-5.9 vs 11.2+/-4.0 au, respectively). RE increased (P<0.05) AR content compared with pre-RE values in the PL trial only. Post-RE feeding significantly increased AR content compared with baseline and water trials for both LCLT and PL. Serum total testosterone concentrations were suppressed (P<0.05) during feeding trials with respect to corresponding water and pre-RE values. Luteinizing hormone demonstrated subtle, yet significant changes in response to feeding and LCLT.
CONCLUSION: In summary, these data demonstrated that: 1) feeding after RE increased AR content, which may result in increased testosterone uptake, and thus enhanced luteinizing hormone secretion via feedback mechanisms; and 2) LCLT supplementation upregulated AR content, which may promote recovery from RE.

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/37858-l-carnitine-tartrate

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
He already sent me one, thanks for the info!

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
would love hear other thoughts and/or studies on this as well....esp if it's 'possible' that by using LCLT to increase AR sensitivity that using say DAA at the same time would make it 'hit' the AR site 'harder' and cause a greater effect...probably reaching for straws on that, but meh!
I take them together also.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Would LCLT be cycled or can it be taken continuously since it is an amino acid?

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Androgenic responses to resistance exercise: effects of feeding and L-carnitine.

Kraemer WJ, Spiering BA, Volek JS, Ratamess NA, Sharman MJ, Rubin MR, French DN, Silvestre R, Hatfield DL, Van Heest JL, Vingren JL, Judelson DA, Deschenes MR, Maresh CM.
Human Performance Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269-1110, USA. [email protected]
Erratum in:

* Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2006 Oct;38(10):1861.

Abstract

PURPOSE: The purpose of this investigation was to determine the effects of 3 wk of L-carnitine L-tartrate (LCLT) supplementation and post-resistance-exercise (RE) feeding on hormonal and androgen receptor (AR) responses.
METHODS: Ten resistance-trained men (mean+/-SD: age, 22+/-1 yr; mass, 86.3+/-15.3 kg; height, 181+/-11 cm) supplemented with LCLT (equivalent to 2 g of L-carnitine per day) or placebo (PL) for 21 d, provided muscle biopsies for AR determinations, then performed two RE protocols: one followed by water intake, and one followed by feeding (8 kcal.kg body mass, consisting of 56% carbohydrate, 16% protein, and 28% fat). RE protocols were randomized and included serial blood draws and a 1-h post-RE biopsy. After a 7-d washout period, subjects crossed over, and all experimental procedures were repeated.
RESULTS: LCLT supplementation upregulated (P<0.05) preexercise AR content compared with PL (12.9+/-5.9 vs 11.2+/-4.0 au, respectively). RE increased (P<0.05) AR content compared with pre-RE values in the PL trial only. Post-RE feeding significantly increased AR content compared with baseline and water trials for both LCLT and PL. Serum total testosterone concentrations were suppressed (P<0.05) during feeding trials with respect to corresponding water and pre-RE values. Luteinizing hormone demonstrated subtle, yet significant changes in response to feeding and LCLT.
CONCLUSION: In summary, these data demonstrated that: 1) feeding after RE increased AR content, which may result in increased testosterone uptake, and thus enhanced luteinizing hormone secretion via feedback mechanisms; and 2) LCLT supplementation upregulated AR content, which may promote recovery from RE.

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/37858-l-carnitine-tartrate
Awesome info -- reps!

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Study is old news. But they were measuring skeletal muscle AR content. Not prostate. So OP's question is still unknown. I know there is nothing on humans and LCLT/Prostate interactions but I believe there is some more rat research out there, but I cannot recall if it was relevant. University of Stirling in Scotland has one I think.

Btw in that study they made them skwat A LOT!!!

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Study is old news. But they were measuring skeletal muscle AR content. Not prostate. So OP's question is still unknown. I know there is nothing on humans and LCLT/Prostate interactions but I believe there is some more rat research out there, but I cannot recall if it was relevant. University of Stirling in Scotland has one I think.

Btw in that study they made them skwat A LOT!!!
We found a study that included the effect on the prostate- PM russianstar for it.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Who is we?
NTBM I imagine since they use it in their SD product

I'm willing to try it with DAA or something, it shouldn't be hard to discern any benefits. I would like to see more on the prostate issue though.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not sure what all this secrecy is about a relevant study. Why doesn't somebody who has it jist post it up or link it? I think it would be intersting and pertinent to the op's question if it is as it is claimed.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Not a rep... waiting for a response from RS.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established