Substerone Verdict

ezjax

Awards
What is the verdict on LG Substerone..

what should i expect from this? is there any research to back up the cliams of LG on this product?

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's been the only Ecdy product I've tried so far...last fall...and really enjoyed running it....I have 1 bottle left that I plan to use in about 2 months....will see about picking some more of it up though, if the budget allows...but I'd start with this thread to read up on it to start...and will come back back with another thread that was floating around last fall as well when this was released (limited qty)

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/162378-lg-sub-ecdysterone.html

Edit:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/162290-subecdy-presale-coming.html

plus there are a handful of logs, fyi....

BlueLineFish

BlueLineFish

Awards
I dont trust anything from LG anymore. They are all over other forums saying that all other oral ecdy are bunk and won't work and that theirs is the best. They have a knack for coming up with all these claims without any proof. They had a group of articles recently called HDROL, EPI and SD all garbage that doesnt work and their Methy 1D surpassed them all.

Personally I will be sticking with the IForce product

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I might try it. Same price as iforce ecdy ?

ezjax

Awards
has anyone been able to recreate the russian studies showing it to be a natural anabolic?

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
I used it with good results, however it caused mouth lesions under my tongue and I had to discontinue use. I contacted LG and they were no help. I tried it a second time and the lesions came back in two days.

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
I was interested, but then I realized that one bottle only lasts about 18 days...

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established

what should i expect from this? is there any research to back up the cliams of LG on this product?
here is the writ up that was recently posted here:
Sub Sterone Is The Most Potent Natural Ecdysterone Mass Gainer!

Ecdysterone has been the subject of much debate and controversy in it's 15 year existence. Many ecdysterone products have come and gone with mixed results. There is one thing that is proven though, when given to animals and even people in the right way, ecdysterone increases strength, size and muscle. You can get prohormone like gains from this natural product IF you know the secret...

AM Logs On Sub Sterone

Before we give you the science and the information behind SubSterone, let's get to the heart of it. What REAL users on AM are saying about this product!

Rodja on Sub Sterone -

"Amazing session; hit 2 PRs on big lifts and felt great. I love how good of a mood that this ecdy puts me in. It's kinda odd because this is how I start to feel on test boosters and not really ecdy. My mood, focus, and aggression are all up along with my focus and work capacity."

Johnfaceman on Sub Sterone after 15 days...

"20 pound increase on all lifts. My legs are by far my easiest place to gain size and strength. I think I might not increase all that much more on my legs. I also think that my free test is up because my libido increases after every leg workout."

and after 20 days...
"Lifts increased once again across the board. Felt easy. Grip strength has been ridiculous. I am really killing it and inspired to. Lifting friend broke down and asked me what I was doing differently"

ZB126 on Sub Sterone for 30 days...

"For a recomp, I couldn't have asked for more. It was easy to maintain leanness while gaining muscle with subECDY...I started at 174lbs and ended at 181lbs, so I gained a total of 7lbs on thirty days of subECDY. I am very impressed with this! ... I would also note that with a very small increase over maintenance calories, these gains can clearly be attributed to substerone."

What Does PubMed Say?

"According to our results 20E may provide an alternative for substitution of anabolic-androgenic steroids"

"The application of phytoecdysteroids is a promising alternative to the use of anabolic-androgenic steroids because of the apparent lack of adverse effects."

"It has been determined that beta-ecdysone is one of the effective constituents for the androgen-like and anabolic action."

The Ecdysterone Scandal!

First, ecdysterone is NOT orally active. It's rapidly cleared by the liver. Which is why the LG Sciences "Under The Tongue" delivery method (AKA Sublingual) is more efficient. This bypasses the liver and delivers ecdysterone to the muscles!

The second reason most ecdysterone products don't work...quality. Ron Kramer first brought this to my attention and it was pretty amazing once I dug into it. Real, good quality ecdysterone is hard to come by and very expensive and I know enough now to use the good stuff.

The Chinese like to play games with testing protocols. They sell Edysterone 90% UV tested and pass it off as a quality product. Unfortunately UV testing is very crude and could be giving you only 10-20% of the active ingredient. What you really need is Ecdysterone 80-90% HPLC. HPLC is a testing method that actually tests for the single ecdysterone ingredient.

So, since most people are using the UV tested crap, taking even a gram of ecdysterone isn't going to do you any good.

What Kind Of Gains Can I Expect From Sub Sterone?

For younger guys, it seems to have a greater effect. For us older guys, it seems to help lean us out and increase strength. You need to make sure you have a high protein intake with this product either way, since it helps to increase protein synthesis.

Sub Sterone stacks great with prosteriods, anabolic steroids and prohormones because it helps increase the activity of steroid molecules by speeding up messenger RNA. This is the stuff that tells muscles to build more protein, so you want to stack it with androgens like our Methyl 1-D or at least a very good test booster like our Formadrol (plug) or a natural anabolic like our Natadrol.

Sub Sterone will make you denser than ever before. It will increase strength and should help you pack on the size (especially if you are under 25).

What else is in it?

Cofactors that should really help push the product forward were in the test product and seemed to prove out!

6-Keto-Diosgenin is another type of ecdysterone derivitive that has been shown in both anecdotal and Russian research to help build mass and size. It's a quality ingredient that should really help the ecdysterone density!

ECDYSTERONE WORKS!

When you deliver it properly and use a quality extract there is no doubt that ecdysterone works!

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I was interested, but then I realized that one bottle only lasts about 18 days...
umm acually its 49 days. not sure how you came to your number but here is the dosing:
Sub Sterone Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Dropper (approx. 1/3 dropper full)
Servings per Container: 147

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Proprietary Blend
Ecdysterone Complex: 69 mg
HydroxyPropyl Beta Cyclodextrin **
20-Hydroxy-Beta-Ecdysterone by HPLC 80% **
6-Keto Diosgenin **

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
** Percent Daily Values not established.

OTHER INGREDIENTS: Citric Acid, Soy Lecithin, Potassium Sorbate, Calcium EDTA (freshness), Sodium Benzoate, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Chitosan

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I dont trust anything from LG anymore. They are all over other forums saying that all other oral ecdy are bunk and won't work and that theirs is the best. They have a knack for coming up with all these claims without any proof. They had a group of articles recently called HDROL, EPI and SD all garbage that doesnt work and their Methy 1D surpassed them all.

Well not sure what rep is spewing this BS but I can assure you that is not the whole companies view.
Just because you have one dumbass posting this doesn’t mean it’s true. (Which I do not believe you honestly at least not to the extreme you have posted)
I feel SD is stronger than anything at LG (proh DS wise) but also more toxic and has much more sides.
I would not DARE say our M1D is stronger than SD, but yet I WOULD rec it over SD to a new user for e.g.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If ecdy even works in humans, this would be one of the better ways to deliver it (cyclodextrin complex).

ezjax

Awards
well not sure what rep is spwing this BS but i can assure you that is not the whole companys view .
Just because you have one dumbass posting this dont mean its true. (wich I donot beleave you honistly atleast not ot the extreme you have poted)
i feel SD is stronger then anything at LG (proh DS wise) but also more toxic and has much more sides.
i would not DARE say ower M1D is stronger then SD, but yet i WOULD rec it over SD to a new user for eg.
This might be the most grammatically incorrect piece of writing i have ever read... It is sad because AM spell checks for YOU... English LEARN IT!

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established

post it up !
because right now YOU are full of BS with that comment.
dont constru a artical to your views.
M1D is safer yes. but what you just posted is not in that artical post a link to it.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
This might be the most grammatically incorrect piece of writing i have ever read... It is sad because AM spell checks for YOU... English LEARN IT!
I was rushing because some one was talking to me and i was not taking the time I should have and I don't usually use spell check so im not used to using it here.

coontentment

Awards
umm acually its 49 days. not sure how you came to your number but here is the dosing:
Sub Sterone Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Dropper (approx. 1/3 dropper full)
Servings per Container: 147

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Proprietary Blend
Ecdysterone Complex: 69 mg
HydroxyPropyl Beta Cyclodextrin **
20-Hydroxy-Beta-Ecdysterone by HPLC 80% **
6-Keto Diosgenin **

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
** Percent Daily Values not established.

OTHER INGREDIENTS: Citric Acid, Soy Lecithin, Potassium Sorbate, Calcium EDTA (freshness), Sodium Benzoate, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Chitosan
You forgot to mention dosage in your copy and paste:

Sub Sterone Directions:
Adults take 2 dropperfuls (dropper will only fill 1/3 of the way up) by mouth 4 times a day.

147 servings in a bottle. 8 servings needed a day. 18 days supply in a bottle. I was keen on this, but 2 bottles for a month, is maybe too much cash to throw to try it.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ever consider that not only Americans use this site? Could it be that English is not his native language and in fact he probably speaks/writes it better than many Americans? Before jumping on someone for something as petty as spelling maybe stop and think. Thanks.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
You forgot to mention dosage in your copy and paste:

Sub Sterone Directions:
Adults take 2 dropperfuls (dropper will only fill 1/3 of the way up) by mouth 4 times a day.

147 servings in a bottle. 8 servings needed a day. 18 days supply in a bottle. I was keen on this, but 2 bottles for a month, is maybe too much cash to throw to try it.
I was under the impression it was meant for 3 servings a day which =49 days.
sorry you are right guess maybe I was wrong but that’s what I was under the impression of, must have missed that somehow sorry.

It’s on sale now at nutra for under 20$ a bottle if that helps?
I mean 40$ for 2 still ends up being 20+$ off reg price of ONE bottle.
Here is a link: http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/legal-gear/sub-sterone-4-oz.html

im also sure we will have deals and combos in the future also.
I will be trying it for sure (i need to, to honestly speak of product exp. Im not one of those reps that will say "hey this product is great, very good" yet never used it.)
though from all the research I have red i woudl rec it to others to try. I havent had my own EXP with it myself just yet. but will soon.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Ever consider that not only Americans use this site? Could it be that English is not his native language and in fact he probably speaks/writes it better than many Americans? Before jumping on someone for something as petty as spelling maybe stop and think. Thanks.
thanx

I think the guy is probably just a troll or something.
I mean HE makes an LG thread I coem in to try and help then hes just a genral ******* to me?
that = company troll to me.....
Right off the bat his posts where only attacks, not sure what to think.
But why waste my time on him anyway.
Pointless when I could help others that need/want help time better spent then just defending myself to someone as negative as him.
mehh W/E

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This thread is heading off the deep end...

I love the I force ecdy and look forward to using LGs ecdy :) I'm just love me some ecdy and really feel bad for people who don't respond to it. The gains are pretty amazing for a natural product.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I agree. point of thread starter to bash lg and not acually wanting any feed back has been clear.
so im done in this thread.

look foward to trying out ECDY or lg's sub-strone soon myself.

ezjax

Awards
This is moronic considering the OP (me) who is considering buying a product from your company is clearly an English speaker.

Did you ever consider that maybe I wouldn't buy something from someone who can not communicate properly to me?

Maybe he should post in threads posted by people that speak HIS native language...

Would you try to speak French in a business meeting if you could not speak French properly?

Do you think you could convey a sale in a supplement store in india?

Didn't think so... Maybe YOU should think about how things work in SALES before completely turning someone off to your company by being confrontational..

Example There is a PES rep that really turned me off... While i like natty disaster and Rosie for me is border line offensive..

see how that works??? where i am the consumer??? i still dont see any research provided that shows sub lingual 20 ecdysterone lives up to any claims that LG is making... I see a rat study, but still the conclusion in that study or summary or whatever is unclear..

instead of giving me small pieces of text from these studies, show me where to get these studies as i have tried finding them on pubmed and can only read abstracts.

i said the same thing to PES reps about shift and alpha t-2. They called me a troll and told me i was company bashing..

The truth is the burden of proof is on you... NOT THE CONSUMER!

i still have not seen any research to prove the effectiveness of:

ecdysterone
3,3 or 3,5 thyronine or whatever its called..

i have however found research to support the use of:

creatine
Maca
DAA
Fishoil
Beta Alanine
Citrulline Malate
7keto dhea metabolites

and though shakey at best promising research on:
Testofen, Lecithin, HGW, D3

I am guessing there will be no response to this post, but thank you for trying to help.... i guess...

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My point was simply to say there's no need to jump on someone like an ******* when they're simply trying to help/inform. YOU come off looking bad, not us. Don't act like you're the only one who's taken a business class before. Regardless...

Most of our clinicals indeed come from insect, plant, and rat models. I won't deny that. The best evidence we can supply is anecdotal at this point. So far there have been many great reviews of our ECDY and this formula will do it justice as well. To try and compare ECDY to creatine and say fish oil is laughable. There is no clinical comparison, so let's not go there. You don't know me, but on the site i regularly rep at i'm the FIRST one to call my own company out. When they published those BS articles about the most popular PHs... i was the first one in there stating i did not agree. I respect LG, and i think (i'm not fired yet) they respect me in turn to be honest. That's what we're asking. Try our product, let us restore your faith. If you don't like it and it doesn't work, let us and everyone else know. If it does work, we appreciate your business.

ezjax

Awards
My point was simply to say there's no need to jump on someone like an ******* when they're simply trying to help/inform. YOU come off looking bad, not us. Don't act like you're the only one who's taken a business class before. Regardless...

Most of our clinicals indeed come from insect, plant, and rat models. I won't deny that. The best evidence we can supply is anecdotal at this point. So far there have been many great reviews of our ECDY and this formula will do it justice as well. To try and compare ECDY to creatine and say fish oil is laughable. There is no clinical comparison, so let's not go there. You don't know me, but on the site i regularly rep at i'm the FIRST one to call my own company out. When they published those BS articles about the most popular PHs... i was the first one in there stating i did not agree. I respect LG, and i think (i'm not fired yet) they respect me in turn to be honest. That's what we're asking. Try our product, let us restore your faith. If you don't like it and it doesn't work, let us and everyone else know. If it does work, we appreciate your business.
Lol, no business class i own a mortgage company and my wife owns an appraisal company and i live in nyc... dont need business classes. can i have access to the full text of the clinicals

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol, no business class i own a mortgage company and my wife owns an appraisal company and i live in nyc... dont need business classes. can i have access to the full text of the clinicals
Good luck with your financial goals in 2011.

I will ask corpo if they will release the studies. If they do i have no problem sending you the info. If they don't... i'm sorry. We will just have to go by feedback left from respectable members on this site and other sites.

SuppJunkie

SuppJunkie

Awards
  • Established
This thread is heading off the deep end...

I love the I force ecdy and look forward to using LGs ecdy :) I'm just love me some ecdy and really feel bad for people who don't respond to it. The gains are pretty amazing for a natural product.
Staked are you taking this anytime soon?

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Haters gonna hate.
I agree, guy comes in here like a complete ass hole, I try and help and he still replies like a complete ******* about my grammar because I rushed one post?
Right off the bat he was bashing LG not asking an actual question. More like fishing for something to attack LG with.
Why should I help someone whom talks to me like that?
I don’t give a *$%@ if you feel we are not good, many others love us, if you don’t then go elsewhere…
And ROSIE is not offensive; she is a very nice person.
But if you talk to others (or her) the way you did in here to me, I would not be surprised if she told you to go #*$& yourself......
You need to learn how to speak to others with respect.
I want to say more but out of respect to LG I won’t push this any further.
I know I’m not the one who looks like an ******* here....

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
This is moronic considering the OP (me) who is considering buying a product from your company is clearly an English speaker.
I speak english, but whats moronic is expecting answers while talking down to somone trying to help you fromt he company and with no respect at all.... THATS moronic.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Can a MOD just lock this thread it was worthless from the start.......

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Maybe YOU should think about how things work in SALES before completely turning someone off to your company by being confrontational..
WHOA you’re joking right? Or do you not see YOU are the one being like this, we are merely defending ourselves.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Example There is a PES rep that really turned me off... While i like natty disaster and Rosie for me is border line offensive..

i said the same thing to PES reps about shift and alpha t-2. They called me a troll and told me i was company bashing..
not surprizing this is not the first time you have this issue by the way you speak to people.
what you think your a king or god or somthing ? lol
"I AM THE CONSUMER!" lol good for you. i still expect respect.

ezjax

Awards

Did you miss the part where i asked if there was any research available??.. Because i didnt miss the part where you posted all kinds of tidbits from studies that i have no access to.

Rhadam who i know from the other board is asking corporate if he can send me the clinical studies that LG ran.

He is a good salesman and a helpful representative. I would buy and have bought LG products that i was happy with.

I am just not happy with YOU! It has nothing to do with LG.

Even if rhadam says he is not allowed to send me the studies i will still hold him in high regard for trying.

See how that works.. Burden of proof is on you.. No MOD is going to lock a thread where you have failed to prove your claims that you posted. Everyone should see what you did, so they know about you.

If you can't back up your claims don't post things like its an alternative to steroids. If you can't show me the studies who is to say you aren't making it up??

oh and btw 5'8 210 wait what? is this real life? do you even lift?

Edit:

"According to our results 20E may provide an alternative for substitution of anabolic-androgenic steroids"

"The application of phytoecdysteroids is a promising alternative to the use of anabolic-androgenic steroids because of the apparent lack of adverse effects."

"It has been determined that beta-ecdysone is one of the effective constituents for the androgen-like and anabolic action."

you wrote all of that, please direct me to these studies so i can read these conclusions for myself.

MODS will not lock this because you have yet to prove any of these claims or even direct me to a source of research.. YOU my friend are the one who is out of line and making claims you cant back up and i hope the whole community reads this and sees what your word is worth. If you send me the studies i will appologize graciously and you will be held in the highest regards and i will recommend you...

until then..
Thanks...

Rhadam said evidence is anectdotal at this point and i believe him.,,

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Did you miss the part where i asked if there was any research available.. Because i didnt miss the part where you posted all kinds of tidbits from studies that i have no access to.

Rhadam who i know from the other board is asking corporate if he can send me the clinical studies that LG ran.

He is a good salesman and a helpful representative. I would buy and have bought LG products that i was happy with.

I am just not happy with YOU! It has nothing to do with LG.

Even if rhadam says he is not allowed to send me the studies i will still hold him in high regard for trying.

See how that works.. Burden of proof is on you.. No MOD is going to lock a thread where you have failed to prove your claims that you posted. Everyone should see what you did, so they know about you.

If you can't back up your claims don't post things like its an alternative to steroids. If you can't show me the studies who is to say you aren't making it up??

look buddy its not about my first post of info of which I HAPPEND TO HAVE ON HAND! its you attacking m non stop..
look over your posts tell me you dotn look like ... you know what im done here.
I posted up some info and your reply was to attack me and keep doing so! THAT IS the issue . your LACK OF F-ING RESPECT when ASKING for help!
this thread WILL be locked.
instead of asking for more info your reply was to attack me.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
see there you f-ing go again.
WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU MAN?!?
is this what this forum is about to you?
go get a life.
btw 210 at only 5'8" and low BF% is not bad in my book.

ezjax

Awards

so i guess you wont be backing up these claims that YOU posted

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Unfortunately i can't post links due to my post count being low right now. My other account got banned for some bull**** reason and I still have no idea why. I would be more than happy to pm them to you
I would like if you could pm me the link to which you speak of. thankyou :)

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I won't be posting in this thread again......
Sorry to anyone who bothers reading threw this mess of a thread.
Have a great day and feel free to pm me with any questons regarding LG, supps, aas, cycles, fatloss ect.

------------------------THREAD CLOSED (to me atleast) -----------------------

ezjax

Awards
I won't be posting in this thread again......
Sorry to anyone who bothers reading threw this mess of a thread.
Have a great day and feel free to pm me with any questons regarding LG, supps, aas, cycles, fatloss ect.

------------------------THREAD CLOSED (to me atleast) -----------------------

Guess all of these claims will remain unproven. Anyone looking @ substerone should read this thread to see that there is no research to back up any claims that bergs has made about its effectiveness as an alternative to steroids..

please be cautious in buying this product. 40 dollars for 36 days with no research and a rep claiming it to work like AAS???? I think you would be looking for trouble...

If new research surfaces i may try it myself but until then i hope the community finds this thread and sees the truth behind possibly false claims made by a company rep.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used it with good results, however it caused mouth lesions under my tongue and I had to discontinue use. I contacted LG and they were no help. I tried it a second time and the lesions came back in two days.
Are you talking about blood blisters?

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Originally Posted by Ev52
Are you talking about blood blisters?
I think Ev52 may have been talking about E-911 as I have heard this from other users. Substerone is a liquid so shouldn't cause any blisters/lesions.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If ecdy even works in humans, this would be one of the better ways to deliver it (cyclodextrin complex).
This is very true but why LG not use (99% Ecdysterone) from Rhaponticum Carthamoides

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is very true but why LG not use (99% Ecdysterone) from Rhaponticum Carthamoides
Its still debatable imo that a lower full spectrum extract provides benefits over super standardized extract or vice versa.

SuppJunkie

SuppJunkie

Awards
  • Established
I agree... But I'll still try it.

Yah bro, me too, although, I will prob just get one bottle and add it at the end of my 2 Iforce Ecdy bottles and just see how it goes.

I am quite excited about these "natty" products. I have been using PH/DS for the past several years, and now that I am getting to be an old fart, I need to start using those way less and going the more natty route..

I', in for a bottle today..

SJ

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yah bro, me too, although, I will prob just get one bottle and add it at the end of my 2 Iforce Ecdy bottles and just see how it goes.

I am quite excited about these "natty" products. I have been using PH/DS for the past several years, and now that I am getting to be an old fart, I need to start using those way less and going the more natty route..

I', in for a bottle today..

SJ
Lol if it wasn't for ecdy I would have already hit the needle :p