I Force ECDY

Page 7 of 9 First ... 56789 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by freefall365 View Post
    that does sound like a good month of lifting...

but then there's science, man, science! how will we know which one's better if taken at the same time
    Dude you're killing me lol fcuk it make it a two month experiment... 30 days of each lol

2. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Dude you're killing me lol fcuk it make it a two year experiment... 2 years of both lol
    fixed =D
    CELTIC LABS REP
    •   

3. ^^ nubs, fund the loot and i'll log it

4. I bought two bottles of each. You think this would work in a cut to maintain muscle?

Pretty much gonna run a paleo like cut. 40-50%fat, 30-40%p, 10% carbs (no starch cept maybe a twice a week refeed of either sweet potato or just fruit).

5. Quote Originally Posted by freefall365 View Post
    ^^ nubs, fund the loot and i'll log it
    haha, im trying not to take out a student loan
    and minimum wage jobs are barely enough to fund my own supplement addiction
    CELTIC LABS REP
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    haha, im trying not to take out a student loan
    and minimum wage jobs are barely enough to fund my own supplement addiction
    I would buy a KG one day I just had to pay the IRS 2500 tho lol

7. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I would buy a KG one day I just had to pay the IRS 2500 tho lol
    fawkers, i only got back $20 this year. was rly thinking i was going to owe some.

if u want, ill totally go 50/50 on that key
    CELTIC LABS REP

8. Quote Originally Posted by kyoryoko View Post
    I bought two bottles of each. You think this would work in a cut to maintain muscle?

Pretty much gonna run a paleo like cut. 40-50%fat, 30-40%p, 10% carbs (no starch cept maybe a twice a week refeed of either sweet potato or just fruit).
    ecdysterones are very good at helping maintain muscle

speaking of protein amounts, tho, i havnt seen any clinical studies showing any benefit over 1.5g/kg of protein a day. i know a lot of ppl like staked and outstanding like to eat up like 400g a day. ive seen one where they say super endurance athletes may need up to 1.7g/kg since they may use protein as fuel, but even bodybuilders shouldnt need more than that as long as they are eating high enough carbohydrates(carbs are very protein sparing). im going to do a little test myself using some multistix to estimate protein excretion. im following the "blueprint", so im in the famine phase right now. basically my protein intake is close to nill and i can literally smell myself sweating and pissing out ammonia. its rancid. if the multistix are a reasonable price, i wana see how high i can push my protein intake before my body starts breaking down the protein to store as fuel later. my guess is there wont be much of 2.2g/kg with an ecdysterone product. ill be using e-bol, ECDY, and fadogia-500 (contains 25-r) so it should be a fun experiment =D if nothing else, it will help others to assess the power of ecdysterone.
    CELTIC LABS REP

9. Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post

speaking of protein amounts, tho, i havnt seen any clinical studies showing any benefit over 1.5g/kg of protein a day. i know a lot of ppl like staked and outstanding like to eat up like 400g a day. ive seen one where they say super endurance athletes may need up to 1.7g/kg since they may use protein as fuel, but even bodybuilders shouldnt need more than that as long as they are eating high enough carbohydrates(carbs are very protein sparing). im going to do a little test myself using some multistix to estimate protein excretion. im following the "blueprint", so im in the famine phase right now. basically my protein intake is close to nill and i can literally smell myself sweating and pissing out ammonia. its rancid. if the multistix are a reasonable price, i wana see how high i can push my protein intake before my body starts breaking down the protein to store as fuel later. my guess is there wont be much of 2.2g/kg with an ecdysterone product. ill be using e-bol, ECDY, and fadogia-500 (contains 25-r) so it should be a fun experiment =D if nothing else, it will help others to assess the power of ecdysterone.
    I run my ecdy cycles on 40-60 grams of carbs a day. Actually, I eat like that year round. On ecdy or not, I do feel like 1.5 grams of protein is about where Im comfortable, being on point isnt important to me. Consuming quality fats is a priority as well.

Ecdy is one of my favorite cutting tools, and performance enhancers.
    This message was paid for by the Russians

10. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    I run my ecdy cycles on 40-60 grams of carbs a day. Actually, I eat like that year round. I do feel like 1.5 grams of protein is about where Im comfortable, being on point isnt important to me. Consuming quality fats is a priority as well.

Ecdy is one of my favorite cutting tools, and performance enhancers.
    1.5g/ pound? or 1.5g/ kilogram?
    CELTIC LABS REP

11. Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post

Log this I always enjoy a Tnubs log. I'm gonna drop down to 1.5/lb grams protein during my first contest prep. I'm freaking out man! Lol

12. Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    1.5g/ pound? or 1.5g/ kilogram?
    Yes a pound, so around 260grams of protein a day at my current 174 body weight.
    This message was paid for by the Russians

13. I used the 1.5 g per pound of BW approximation for my contest prep and had great results and retained almost all my strength in a caloric deficit over several months. This old argument about 1.5g of protein kg vs lbs, and any excess being a waste, has been addressed and argued many times. In short, I don't listen to what my fat health nutrition teacher regurgitated (taught) but rather what I have seen in conjunction with articles I have read and the experiences of others that I respect such as these pasted below.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    c/p by Martin Berkhan:
    Whenever you hear something really crazy you need to ask yourself if it makes sense from an evolutionary perspective. It's a great way to quickly determine if something may be valid or if it's more likely a steaming pile of horse****. This myth is a great example of the latter. Do you think we would be here today if our bodies could only make use of 30 grams of protein per meal?

The simple truth is that more protein just takes a longer time to digest and be utilized. For some concrete numbers, digestion of a standard meal is still incomplete after five hours. Amino acids are still being released into your bloodstream and absorbed into muscles. You are still "anabolic." This is a fairly standard "Average Joe"-meal: 600 kcal, 75 g carbs, 37 g protein and 17 g fat. Best of all? This was after eating pizza, a refined food that should be quickly absorbed relatively speaking.

Think about this for a second. How long do you think a big steak, with double the protein intake of the above example, and a big pile of veggies would last you? More than 10 hours, that's for sure. Meal composition plays an important role in absorption speed, especially when it comes to amino acids. Type of protein, fiber, carbohydrates and prior meals eaten all affect how long you'll have amino acids released and being taken up by tissues after meals.

Origin of the myth:

I think this "30 grams of protein"-nonsense started to circulate after a classic study from 1997 by Boirie and colleagues. "Slow and fast dietary proteins differently modulate postprandial protein accretion" was the first study to quantify the absorption rate of whey and casein protein and gave birth to the concept of fast and slow protein. After that, whey protein came to be known for it's ability to rapidly elevate amino acids in the blood stream and casein for it's ability to create a sustained release of amino acids. Whey was anabolic and casein anti-catabolic.

Given that 30 grams of whey protein was absorbed within 3-4 hours, I guess some people believed that meant 30 grams of protein can only be used in one sitting. Or that you had to eat every 3-4 hours to stay "anabolic." Unfortunately, people missed a few facts that made these findings irrelevant to real-world scenarios. First of all, this study looked at the absorption rate of whey protein in the fasted state. On it's own, and with no meals eaten beforehand, 30 grams of whey protein is absorbed within a mere 3-4 hours. With meals eaten earlier in the day, or if you'd consume a whey shake after a meal, absorption would be much slower.

Second of all, whey protein is the fastest protein of all and digests at 10 g/hour. Casein is much slower; in Boirie's study, the casein protein was still being absorbed when they stopped the experiment 7 hours later. Most whole food proteins are absorbed at a rate of 3-6 grams an hour. Add other macronutrients to that and they'll take longer.

Here's another article that addresses this subject head on by well-renowned Alan Aragon. http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-n...a-single-meal/

References:
    -http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10331398

-http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9405716

-Bilsborough S, Mann N. A review of issues of dietary protein intake in humans. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2006 Apr;16(2):129-52.

-Stote KS, et al. A controlled trial of reduced meal frequency without caloric restriction in healthy, normal-weight, middle-aged adults. Am J Clin Nutr. 2007 Apr;85(4):981-8.

another c/p:

consider all of this "The body can only use X grams per Y" as a lot of nonsense. First and foremost, it makes no evolutionary sense (how I've been looking at a lot of physiological processes lately). That is, our ancestors did not eat protein in small amounts throughout the day. Yet, anthropological studies show that they had more muscle and bone mass than most of us. Rather, they were more likely to eat a ton of protein after a kill, and whatever amount they got from vegetables and such the rest of the time. Massive protein intakes at once were more likely the norm during 99% of our evolution than not. This means that our guts evolved to handle it. In addition, when you start looking at digestion and such, you see exactly that: even with massive protein loads (I vaguely recall they've looked at like 1.5 g/kg of beef all at once), digestion still stays very high (on average 90-95% for animal proteins meaning you're losing at most 10 grams of protein/100 grams ingested). The body can digest/absorb pretty much anything you throw at it. You won’t be pooping protein if you eat 35 grams at a sitting, is what I'm saying.

Now, a slightly separate issue might be one of how much protein (amino acids really) the liver can handle at once. If the recent studies on whey vs. casein have pointed anything out, it's that flooding the liver with amino acids at a high rate leads to increased amino acid oxidation (burning) in the liver. I suppose it's conceivable that high protein intakes at any given meal could be having this effect. I suspect it depends on the source of the protein (whole food which digests slowly vs. protein powders which digest faster). That is, consuming, say, 50 grams of whey protein at once might lead to more waste (mainly as amino acids oxidized and then converted to urea) than 50 grams of casein or beef. But that's more an issue of speed of digestion than amount per se.

In terms of supporting optimal growth, an interesting discrepancy actually occurs here between the studies on our ancestral diet and the protein needs of athletes, but nobody has an explanation yet. Good studies by Peter Lemon, Mark Tarnopolsky, etc. support a maximum protein requirement for natural lifters of about 1.8 g/kg (a little less than the 1 g/lb that bodybuilders have used for years). But studies of our ancestral diet suggest protein intakes as high as 2.5-3 g/kg. Nobody is quite sure if this protein intake was simply a side effect of the diet our ancestors followed, or if it had some actual benefit.

Finally, I think the whole 30 g/meal (or whatever) thing can't possibly apply to everyone. I mean, at the low end, figure a 210 lb lifter is eating 210 grams of protein per day. If he's limited to 30 grams/meal, that means seven meals minimum per day. Obviously, if there is some limit to protein absorption/assimilation/digestion/utilization (and I don't honestly think that there is) it's going to be related to body mass: a larger individual needs more protein and would be able to utilize protein in larger amounts than a smaller person. Ultimately, my hunch is that the whole '30 grams per meal' (or whatever) thing came from one of two places:

i)Early supplement companies trying to convince lifters why their protein product (containing 30 grams) was better than others. I remember one company pulling a scheme like this, when their product contained like 37 grams of protein, they wrote that 37 grams was the maximum that could be absorbed. When they bumped it to 42 grams of protein per serving, 42 became the magic number. Ah, advertising.

ii)Bodybuilders rationalizing what they had already decided to do. That is, you frequently see bodybuilders and other athletes finding a strategy that works (i.e. eat protein at intervals throughout the day) and then making up physiological rationalizations afterwards. It wouldn't really surprise me if that weren't the case here. Of course, if anybody has a single piece of peer-reviewed research supporting this 30 grams myth (everybody seems to claim to have seen it but nobody seems to ever have it; it's like those friend of a friend stories)
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

14. Good read ^ thanks

15. I guess my only concern is how much Ecdy is actually getting used in pill form. I mean, even if LGs version has a lower concentration, wouldn't the sub-lingual delivery compensate 4 that? Seeing how it would go directly 2 the bloodstream as opposed 2 getting broken down by the liver. Or is tht not of great concern? But I do agree with u Vaughn, the prop. blend definately isnt a bonus's 4 them.

16. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    There's both 20 bucks for ~30 day cycle. 40 bucks for one month of a mega dosed ecdy stack is a deal
    Actually, the lg ecdy is $20 for 18 days. 147 dropperfulls, 2 dropperfulls, 4 times a day.

17. Quote Originally Posted by coontentment View Post
    Actually, the lg ecdy is $20 for 18 days. 147 dropperfulls, 2 dropperfulls, 4 times a day.
    My bad... I read 30 days in one of the LG threads. I really haven't looked into it.

18. i'm still interested in trying it, but i think that the dosage should have been highlighted when it was advertised.

19. kingjames,
    i dont think those articles are rly related to how much protein the body can use for muscular anabolism. actually... going by the first c/p article 10g/hr absorption of protein would mean 240g/day max in a day period. and i know im not a pro BBer so my opinions/thoughts dont hold much weight, which is why i want to test the theory out. i was taking a sports nutrition class and the teacher (Dr. Dan Benardot) tought some Olympic athletes (skaters, endurance, and one BBer), and he clearly knew his stuff. im gonna come back to this, its exam time for me!
    CELTIC LABS REP

20. Quote Originally Posted by coontentment View Post
    i'm still interested in trying it, but i think that the dosage should have been highlighted when it was advertised.
    I agree.

21. Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    kingjames,
    i dont think those articles are rly related to how much protein the body can use for muscular anabolism. actually... going by the first c/p article 10g/hr absorption of protein would mean 240g/day max in a day period. and i know im not a pro BBer so my opinions/thoughts dont hold much weight, which is why i want to test the theory out. i was taking a sports nutrition class and the teacher (Dr. Dan Benardot) tought some Olympic athletes (skaters, endurance, and one BBer), and he clearly knew his stuff. im gonna come back to this, its exam time for me!
    I think maybe while one is supplementing with ecdy they may need more protein?

Dunno lol I eat a lot and I grow

22. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I think maybe while one is supplementing with ecdy they may need more protein?

Dunno lol I eat a lot and I grow
    we shall soon see!
    CELTIC LABS REP

23. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I should be receiving some in the near future so I'll compare. I personally would LOVE to stack the two! YUMMY!!
    this!!!
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

24. Hi I force ECDY thread you anabolic amazingness!

25. Going to have to grab a few bottles to run over the summer to see what the ecdy hype is all about.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. titanium vs ECDY
    By hyperCat in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-25-2011, 01:29 AM
  2. ecdy
    By standon in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-16-2011, 11:05 AM
  3. Did NP run out of ECDY before you could get any?
    By VaughnTrue in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-07-2011, 11:37 PM
  4. are these all ECDY the same?
    By davidcyt in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-22-2007, 01:02 PM
  5. ecdy-bolin?
    By lennoxchi in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 01:10 PM