Ideas for a cutting stack?

MailManMuscle

MailManMuscle

Awards
I'm looking for any ideas on a cutting stack. I'm going to try to get back down to the single digits in bf%. Havent been there for a while. About 15lbs of bf off while maintaining or even gaining some muscle would be nice :wink1: I would love to have some ideas on some ph to take as well. I know nutrition and training so thats covered. Just started my ckd diet which works for me cause I seem to be more on the carb sensitive side. Thanks for any ideas!

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
If you got the training and diet in check, just be patient... It takes times and should not be rushed...

But if you wanna use something to aid you in your progress, perhaps a cortisolblocker is an alternative..

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm looking for any ideas on a cutting stack. I'm going to try to get back down to the single digits in bf%. Havent been there for a while. About 15lbs of bf off while maintaining or even gaining some muscle would be nice :wink1: I would love to have some ideas on some ph to take as well. I know nutrition and training so thats covered. Just started my ckd diet which works for me cause I seem to be more on the carb sensitive side. Thanks for any ideas!
Look around - this question has been asked numerous times over the last even couple of weeks re cutting stacks. There are many - for example, Alpha-T2/Erase, Drive/RPM, IGF-2/Lipotrophin-PM, etc.

Losing bodyfat whilst maintaining current muscle mass should be the primary goal when cutting. However, if you are cutting, do not expect to GAIN muscle mass - this is a recomp, and more dependent on perfect NUTRITION manipulation than anything else.

At your weight and from what you want to lose, you should not even be considering hormonals - the correct nutrition and training will get you your results (and if you "know nutrition and training" and have that "covered" then you should be fine).

I recommend that you read The 3 Keys to Fat Loss - it comprehensively covers nutrition, supplementation, and training for effective and successful fat loss.

~Rosie~

MailManMuscle

MailManMuscle

Awards
The reason I'm wanting ideas is becauseI have just kinda stall the past few weeks between 165 and 170. I'm trying to cut to 155 with about 6-7% bf to meet the weight class for MMA. I train in mauy thai kickboxing and thats the class I want to get down to. I have been up to 205 when I played semi-pro football so I know how to go up and down with manipulating my nutrients, I just have not been down to 155 so its getting kinda difficult and was just looking for a nice stack. I have been looking at tons of other posts and been thinking bout Alpha-T2 and OEP. I have had good results with OEP and it seems like A-T2 may be good to combine. I have also taken ph before and loved them (Iforce Dymethazine). Have not taken anything but good ol protein creatine and glutamine since. Just looking for different opinions.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The reason I'm wanting ideas is becauseI have just kinda stall the past few weeks between 165 and 170. I'm trying to cut to 155 with about 6-7% bf to meet the weight class for MMA. I train in mauy thai kickboxing and thats the class I want to get down to. I have been up to 205 when I played semi-pro football so I know how to go up and down with manipulating my nutrients, I just have not been down to 155 so its getting kinda difficult and was just looking for a nice stack. I have been looking at tons of other posts and been thinking bout Alpha-T2 and OEP. I have had good results with OEP and it seems like A-T2 may be good to combine. I have also taken ph before and loved them (Iforce Dymethazine). Have not taken anything but good ol protein creatine and glutamine since. Just looking for different opinions.
If you've stalled, then you need to look at your nutrition and/or training and change something up there. Maybe you're not eating enough. Perhaps you've been training the same way for too long or are not training effectively for your goals.

Once you've made adjustments to your nutrition and/or training, THEN you can look at adding NON-hormonal supplements into your regime. Alpha-T2 is an excellent product. Looking for hormonals to achieve what you want, regardless of whether or not you have used them before, is NOT the answer.

Why go down so low? Why not compete in a higher weight class? Depending on what your body composition is now, to lose 15 pounds means that it's highly probable that you're going to sacrifice a decent amount of muscle mass to get to 155 pounds, no matter what bodyfat percentage you are at that body mass. You need to look at what lean mass you have now, and if you want to be 6-7% bodyfat, calculate your ideal weight at that bodyfat percentage to see what body mass you have to be to MAINTAIN your current lean body mass - anything LESS than this "ideal weight" at your "ideal body composition" of 6-7% bodyfat means that you are going to lose lean/muscle mass to get there. Losing muscle mass is NOT a good thing, and you're only going to be working against yourself in doing that.

~Rosie~

MailManMuscle

MailManMuscle

Awards
Well I did just switch up my nutrition. As of yesterday I'm doing about 200g pro 50g or less of carbs and about 155g fat. Gonna do that for 6 days then have a high carb day with low fat. This worked good for me in the past at a higher wt and got to 9% bf so I thought I would try it now. As for training, I have been doing each body twice a week for a month and have gained strength but no size (which is fine with me). I also do my kickboxing seperate from weights 3-4 times a week. If you can give me any other ideas I would be more than happy to hear. The more I learn he better I will be.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I did just switch up my nutrition. As of yesterday I'm doing about 200g pro 50g or less of carbs and about 155g fat. Gonna do that for 6 days then have a high carb day with low fat. This worked good for me in the past at a higher wt and got to 9% bf so I thought I would try it now. As for training, I have been doing each body twice a week for a month and have gained strength but no size (which is fine with me). I also do my kickboxing seperate from weights 3-4 times a week. If you can give me any other ideas I would be more than happy to hear. The more I learn he better I will be.
I personally don't recommend the low carbohydrate approach, but that's just me. Whilst that will drop weight quickly, all that weight will come back once you start eating more carbohydrates/properly again from the glycogen.

Perhaps you're doing too much re resistance training? If you're getting close to competition you should be focusing more on your kickboxing, making your resistance sessions more power/speed and plyometrics/explosive based - your coach should be advising you on this.

And as I mentioned before, perhaps consider competing in a higher weight class.

~Rosie~

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
I personally don't recommend the low carbohydrate approach, but that's just me. Whilst that will drop weight quickly, all that weight will come back once you start eating more carbohydrates/properly again from the glycogen.

Perhaps you're doing too much re resistance training? if you're getting close to competition you should be focusing more on your kickboxing, making your resistance sessions more power/speed and plyometrics/explosive based - your coach should be advising you on this.

And as I mentioned before, perhaps consider competing in a higher weight class.

~Rosie~
rosie

if you ever write a book , id be the first to buy it. I think your responses are spot on everytime